• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rake's Canadafia Over!! Nabe won through the power of Poutine

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Okay not entirely sure what you are saying here, but I think similar to KWK's post below?

Heh, valid criticism, but what else do you wanted me to say when Gorf asked me about it? Other's people posts mentioning other's plays are naturally gonna make me look at those posts again.

"Well, I want you to be more creative! As of this post you have commented on:

1. Things pertaining to people pressuring you
2. Things pertaining to questions people asked you directly
3. Things pertaining to Bardull leaving a crumb in a post and saying it's not important until Day 4

In other words,

1. Not producing content unless asked for it or being perssured
and
2. Rolefishing

Now, what I would like you to do is next time you see something that you feel worth questioning, don't wait until someone votes you or asks you for your opinion on said post/player. Just put your stances forward. You didn't have a problem with that last time I saw you play, so I'm confused as your play this game and find it suspicious.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
(it means stop being sarcastically dramatic about being thought to be white-knighting and tell us in plain English what you hoped to accomplish instead of leaving it to the "it was so obvious I can leave it to your imagination" zone)
Umm I have specifically stated what was actually going on where I've been interpreted as "white knighting." In fact I'm sure that anybody who has a range of intelligence higher than a 13 year old (and are also actually reading) can, by now, determine exactly what my motives were upon my entrance to the game. It's in plain English, and I'm not going to stop making Bardull and the rest of the ****** brigade feel like idiots for claiming that I'm white knighting frito, cuz they're idiots for claiming that I white knighted frito.

#HBC | Gorf

i'm curious as to why gorf is rubbing off as fake/condescending when this many people think his play was catering to the safety of the frito slot. ignorance is bliss or he is trying to retain his posture for means he no longer has access to.
"this many people"

You know that about half of America thinks the sun revolves around the Earth, right?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Now, what I would like you to do is next time you see something that you feel worth questioning, don't wait until someone votes you or asks you for your opinion on said post/player. Just put your stances forward. You didn't have a problem with that last time I saw you play, so I'm confused as your play this game and find it suspicious.
Alright then.

"Pressuring Gorf looks boring."
What does this mean exactly? You don't agree with Bardul saying that Gorf was "white knighting" frito? Or you just don't think its important right now?

#HBC | Gorf

"Well, I want you to be more creative! As of this post you have commented on:

1. Things pertaining to people pressuring you
2. Things pertaining to questions people asked you directly
3. Things pertaining to Bardull leaving a crumb in a post and saying it's not important until Day 4

In other words,

1. Not producing content unless asked for it or being perssured
and
2. Rolefishing

I know I have a dashing reputation for being a white knight and all, but in his intro post he did pose the question of what Bardull meant by his intro post. Appreciate the effort but I think you're clinging to the wrong things, especially seeing how we're a mere 4 pages into the game. If the trend continues it'll be interesting to note but I feel like it's too early to make these calls. Watchu think of what I've said about Bardull?

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Alright then.

What does this mean exactly? You don't agree with Bardul saying that Gorf was "white knighting" frito? Or you just don't think its important right now?

"It doesn't matter WHAT you CALL it, what Gorf was doing was FINE!"

"Everyone needs to stop mucking around, we're going to miss the real scum."

"YEAH! Like RAZIEK and FANNY!"

I know I have a dashing reputation for being a white knight and all, but in his intro post he did pose the question of what Bardull meant by his intro post. Appreciate the effort but I think you're clinging to the wrong things, especially seeing how we're a mere 4 pages into the game. If the trend continues it'll be interesting to note but I feel like it's too early to make these calls. Watchu think of what I've said about Bardull?
"But we ACKNKOWLEDGED that! It was ROLEFISHING! He's not focusing on what MATTERS!"

"What you said about Bardull was alright, I guess."

#HBC | Gorf

Is it fishing if the supposed fish is already flopping out of water? The fact is that Bardull did something that was specifically meant to attract attention (why else would he post that long schpeal if not to have it looked at), and all Fandango did was ask about it. What do you make of Bardull's handling of my blatant lack of cooperation?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah @ Raziek Raziek you said that those were very balid points, thus implying it was not a RVS vote, but when asked about it you said it was? So what is it? Why do you think his points are valid, or not depending on the context?
That was a joke. What he said was true, but it didn't actually matter because it was RVS nonsense.

BarDulL

Town Vampire

"It doesn't matter WHAT you CALL it, what Gorf was doing was FINE!"

"Everyone needs to stop mucking around, we're going to miss the real scum."

"YEAH! Like RAZIEK and FANNY!"

"But we ACKNKOWLEDGED that! It was ROLEFISHING! He's not focusing on what MATTERS!"

"What you said about Bardull was alright, I guess."
elaborate one why you feel what gorf did was fine.

What do you make of Bardull's handling of my blatant lack of cooperation?
anti-town and pointless. you're not actually trying to achieve anything by doing this.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Man, let's not forget about the Bardull/Frito RVS distancing later.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Gorf, we gonna be so tight this game, I can feel it. Hope No Hetero's on our side.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
"this many people"

You know that about half of America thinks the sun revolves around the Earth, right?
All it takes is half to lynch. #thoughts

NOTES CAUSE I DON'T CARE RIGHT NOW

#37 FT- I really don’t like this hydra….. Probably won’t like it until they get off the crazy.

#42 BD - (I have no other way to make this name smaller) I don’t like this post. He’s playing like Ryker and doesn’t have the rep to back it.

#42 Joey - Do you even lift?

#45 FT - SO much crazy

#47 FT - Can I just be the first to say that I’m waiting with baited breath for this slot to fall behind on reading so I don’t have to hear the crazy?

#52 FT - Started good, but then ended crazy.

(I mean crazy in a way that I don’t like him but I’m not throwing a scum read on him, he’s just annoying really)

#57 Gorf - I really hope that I’m going to get along with this slot this game. It’s been a while since Gorf and I have actually liked each other in game.

I am legit confused as to what the whole interaction between NH and Pawn was. (Although I love his new nickname (right up there with Pawndiddlydoodad))

#70 NH - Totally homo for Harkness

#72 BD- I like this well enough. Missed it on my read, glad that he caught it.

#88 Raz - Hey my thoughts are in other people’s heads. I’m good with this.

#90 Gorf - I’m sad we can’t be friends. I don’t like how he’s just brushing off everyone’s stuff. It’s just kinda…… ummmm I don’t remember the word right now…. But I don’t like it nonetheless. (Ha! Condescending. Thanks BD.)

#95 KWK - 1. I hope you aren’t going to be posting like this all game. It’s… ugh. Creepy animal pics.

2. Raz isn’t happy about Gorf’s defense of NH, not his RVS vote.

#96 BD - Cool. Pretty much what I said just in more words.

#126 Gorf - Ugh, can he get off his high horse plz? You’re being really just snide which doesn’t make me believe you anymore. It’s basically making me think that we have a real point with you.

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf Are you in a neighborhood with KWK?

They're kinda weak, I'm going to reread in the morning cause I'm tired and I have a day off tomorrow.

:applejack:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
did a quick little reread to see if i missed anything. in retrospect gorf might be town in accordance with his atypical approach of being a condescending prick 90% of the time (this is not a snipe at gorf; i'm sure he'll be pleased with this remark), although this does drive a curious bargain.

what has my attention more though is gorf's proposition that frito was intentionally acting '********' as a means for players to latch onto him in early rvs. however this a big assumption to make (cue mind reader comment by yours truly) and it doesn't make much sense to me considering that it's never a good thing to give players a legitimate reason to vote for you as they can almost always walk away unscathed in the aftermath.

that being said, i did not get the impression that frito was trying to bait votes. that isn't to say i'm infallible, but rather that most (i'm looking at you, gorf) players here would contest at first glance that this wasn't the goal rajam was trying to achieve. i do not feel gorf's rationale for assisting the frito slot was well-founded, as i feel that his assumption of rajam's intent wouldn't have a solid foundation from a town-sided perspective.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gonna just flurry post at things that grasp my attention. I feel like I am going to break the like button this game with Joey/No Hetero/Gorf/Circus. This game is already making me smile.

Vote: J

Where have you even been?

:applejack:
Super busy! It's nice to see a familiar IRL face still around DGames. I have been doing things with school and work mainly. Lately, just getting myself ready and pumped for my performing arts college this fall. You still been doing alright?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Okay I'm caught up. Uhm, nothing much really to say. I would say out of those being pressured at the moment, Fanny has the biggest reason to be pushed.

The reason I say the Fanny push is more credible rather than the Raz push (which has the votes) is because although Raz is being hypocritical and kind of bland in his questions, I find it unfair to really judge him based on that because Philo pretty much put him into that corner. *His Gorf vote is the thing I dislike the most from him, however* Fanny, however, is truly interesting in his approach to the wagons and also his reasoning for going along with them. He hasn't even responded to KWK yet, but instead question the slot about a post which was pretty self-explanatory on what it means.

The Gorf push is exactly how KWK worded it and that would be that it is boring. There is nothing scummy about what he has done thus far and truly null in my book. Because of this my read on Bardull is "confused" because I do not know what to make of his nit-picky push of him especially since he has said now that Gorf has a 90% chance of being town and just being snarky (Gorf wasn't even snarky btw.). So I really am curious to see what Bardull does next because I will be watching him more closely this Day-phase.

Oh, before I completely forget, that Frito push on me seemed to garner conversation so that's good, but I agree with the consensus that they need to calm down. Since the questions they have asked don't really pertain to much now especially since I have come in pretty late, I am going to refrain from befuddling the thread with the trivial nature of the questions. I will say this though: I view on my phone a lot and it doesn't remove me from the "viewing" when I close my phone unless I close the browser so I tend to "lurk" a lot so I'll own up to that.

Otherwise, that's my thoughts at the current time. Nothing substantial but I have a feeling this game is going to be a lot of fun with the cast.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I wish there were more people up at like 2-3am in the morning on weeknights to play mafia with me because I am usually by myself haha.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
J I'll stay up for you! <3

I do like KWK so far, and it's partially because they are just hilarious.

More when I'm not on mobile.

Unvote

#HBC | Gorf

Did I say that the *********** was being done on purpose? Quite frankly I don't give a **** if it was on purpose or not, the fact is it worked in the aiding of getting conversation and content flowing. If it was intentional, good play. If not, well then they're simply ******* lol

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm getting the impression that mostly DGames vets are throwing their support behind Gorf while not establishing a firm base as to why Gorf is fine. I'm not interested in hearing that hogwash. Give me a good reason why we shouldn't aim for Gorf instead of simply saying 'he's fine'.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
What I actually want you guys to do is to look at what I've presented. At least 5 players are sympathetic to my concerns, while it seems a bunch of DGames vets are simply it blowing off. Not ok.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I just don't agree with what you're saying in the slightest. Gord is the type of person to do this thing. He has consistently done this thing in like every game I've been in with him if I recall correctly (correct me if I'm wrong), one of which was a game where he was confirmed 100% town from the get-go. There is literally no reason for me to get Gord scum from what you're stating. This is also due to the fact that I'm agreeing with Gord completely on Friday Townie's slot.

On re-reading KWK's Raziek push, I'll say I don't like it, but I'll let Raziek respond to it first.

#HBC | Gorf

I'm getting the impression that mostly DGames vets are throwing their support behind Gorf while not establishing a firm base as to why Gorf is fine. I'm not interested in hearing that hogwash. Give me a good reason why we shouldn't aim for Gorf instead of simply saying 'he's fine'.
It's because my play isn't scummy man, c'mon it's like you're totally brushing off my scum read on you, not cool.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'll take back what I said about liking KWK. Both of their pushes have been very weak, and I don't see a legitimate reason why anyone would be on either of those wagons. They both seem way too opportunistic, and it looks like the KWK slot in general is just going for whatever they can point out at the time.

Vote: KWK

I'll just focus on the Dango one since you're not waiting for a response from him as much.

You call out Raziek for acting like a hypocrite. You do not question him about anything specifically in your post.

Look at the focus in Dango's post. Is he focused on Raziek being a hypocrite? No! He's questioning something different and going after a completely different thing. It's not like he ignored it, either. Dango had no posts between Raziek's pawn vote and your post. You're basically assuming that he wouldn't have questioned Raziek if you wouldn't have called him out. Is this true? I don't know! Neither do you! This is literally the definition of reaching! You're only putting pressure on him because he said the words "Yeah Raziek."

Dango's response to Gordito is another thing you're pressing him for. Really? This is Dango's third post in the game. His first post in the game was showing concern towards Bardull's post (although it got ignored generally). You attack him for not questioning it earlier, but he already showed concern. You're attacking him for not putting his concern into a question until he was asked for thoughts on Bardull's thoughts specifically. I don't see why this action of his is scummy in the slightest, especially when you consider the amount of posts he has between the first time he showed concern and this one.

Last thing, you calling anything that he has done "rolefishing" is really reaching. You're pushing him under a presumed fact that Bardull's post has everything to do with his role. How would Dango know that it has something to do with Bardull's role? None of us do! As a less experienced player, Dango questioning and showing concern for a post like that should be standard, not thrown under the rolefishing category. Making these things seem this severe on top of the "I've never seen this type of play from you" meta stuff that he can't defend against makes it seem like you're just trying to pressure him into a hole that he can't squirm out of.

I have to go. TL;DR: Your Dango push is a bunch of reaching bull**** and it looks like you're trying to make Dango dig himself into a deeper hole. I don't like it.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I read his name as fan-dango because Dango reminds me of the adorable things from Clannad. <3

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Was gonna post but I need reaction gifs to Joey 180 and Bardull so until then just say I am more confused.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
J, you should read my posts more carefully. For instance, I did not say that I don't have a 90% town lean on Gorf.

Top Bottom