• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raichu SHOULD be in SSBB!

swift assailant

Smash Cadet
Raichu is one of the most bad@$$ pokemon ever, it should be in brawl. Raichu is pikachu's evolved form, so if pichu, pikachu's pre-evolved form made it to melee, Raichu should be able to make it to brawl. Nintendo should make up for what they did with pichu, I mean pichu sucked... a lot. Adding Raichu to the 3rd SSB game will make up for that error.

Liveit_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, raichu would be good if they swapped him for pichu. They could make him like pika, but with stronger and slower moves.

swift assailant

Smash Cadet
Liveit_ said:
Yeah, raichu would be good if they swapped him for pichu. They could make him like pika, but with stronger and slower moves.
Why slower? Raichu is WAAAY faster than pikachu, it should have stronger and faster moves than the inferior pikachu.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Raichu would be a Pikachu clone...

People do we want anymore clones?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You hear it. :)

swift assailant

Smash Cadet
Diddy Kong said:
Raichu would be a Pikachu clone...

People do we want anymore clones?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You hear it. :)
but raichu would have different stats, so it would be like a top tier pikachu, unless nintendo gives raichu new and better moves.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
swift assailant said:
But Raichu IS and SHOULD be better.
So you want a broken character? What if someone likes playing Pikachu, but hates the way Raichu feels, why should the Raichu player have such an advantage over the Pikachu player.

(Before you answer, think of Nintendo, the company that underpowered Mewtwo. They care not about how much "better" Raichu is in the original game.)

DragoKnight

Smash Cadet
I love Raichu, and reckon it would be a lot of fun to use, but that being said, I don't fancy the notion of another clone, nor am I big on removing characters (Pichu in this case), and I can't picture Raichu possessing a very original moveset, so I'll have to say I'm not big on this one.

Kickass Pokemon, screwed over by Pichu already filling the Pika clone slot.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
dotdotdot! said:
(Before you answer, think of Nintendo, the company that underpowered Mewtwo. They care not about how much "better" Raichu is in the original game.)
Yeah Mewtwo is alot stronger in each way then Pikachu to in the Pokemon games. Yet in SSBM Pikachu and even JIGGLYPUFF does better then Mewtwo in each single way.

And why Raichu? It's just another random Pokemon. We already have Pichu and Pikachu please no more Chu Pokemon please...

swift assailant

Smash Cadet
dotdotdot! said:
So you want a broken character? What if someone likes playing Pikachu, but hates the way Raichu feels, why should the Raichu player have such an advantage over the Pikachu player.

No, I want a top tier character. Every character has a weakness, and so should Raichu.

Diddy Kong said:
And why Raichu? It's just another random Pokemon. We already have Pichu and Pikachu please no more Chu Pokemon please...
because Raichu is badass. All the other chu are inferio to Raichu, especially pichu, and nintendo should make up for what they did with pichu by Adding the strongest chu to SSB.

DragoKnight said:
I love Raichu, and reckon it would be a lot of fun to use, but that being said, I don't fancy the notion of another clone, nor am I big on removing characters (Pichu in this case), and I can't picture Raichu possessing a very original moveset, so I'll have to say I'm not big on this one.

Kickass Pokemon, screwed over by Pichu already filling the Pika clone slot.

Now, im not saying to get rid of pichu, Im simply saying add Raichu. But if pichu gets removed I wouldnt exactly mind, though it would be kinda cool to see an evolution chain in SSBB.

But Raichu would be a badass clone if they dont give it an original move set.

Ember Joe

Smash Cadet
Actually, all current Pokemon in SSB have been based on their TV counterparts, and acording to the show, Raichu (if evolved early) is much slower than Pikachu (the only significant Raichu in the story fell into this catagory) therefore, raichu would be slower and stronger

swift assailant

Smash Cadet
Ember Joe said:
Actually, all current Pokemon in SSB have been based on their TV counterparts, and acording to the show, Raichu (if evolved early) is much slower than Pikachu (the only significant Raichu in the story fell into this catagory) therefore, raichu would be slower and stronger
like who? the jigglypuff, pichu, pikachu and mewtwo that are in melee dont resemble the ones from the show, except the color, type and name. I mean, jigglypuff doesnt go and draw on characters faces in melee now does it?

Ember Joe

Smash Cadet
swift assailant said:
like who? the jigglypuff, pichu, pikachu and mewtwo that are in melee dont resemble the ones from the show, except the color, type and name. I mean, jigglypuff doesnt go and draw on characters faces in melee now does it?
1) All have been prodominant pokemon from the show.
2) Mewtwo is depicted as evil (rather than indifferent)
3) Pikachu is annoying (lol)
4) They speak there names, as apposed to the gameboy games where they have odd sounds that are supposed to be growls of some sort.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh yeah, and strictly speaking, Pichu is both faster and stronger than Pikachu, he just happens to hurt himself and get knocked away quickly.

But whoever suggested the evolutionary chain may be onto something, although it may be impossible to impliment. (I should say that I am a big fan of Guilty Gear games, which employs a wide variety of Characters who play almost eccentrically different, so I enjoy characters to have widely different and unique ways of playing, Like IC being two characters, or Peach literally pulling items out of thin air.)

swift assailant

Smash Cadet
Ember Joe said:
4) They speak there names, as apposed to the gameboy games where they have odd sounds that are supposed to be growls of some sort.
1) mewtwo isnt a prodominant pokemon from the show
2) how is mewtwo depicted as "evil" in melee?
3)...
4)but thats it, everything else is not anime related.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Actually, according to competitive Pokemon tournaments, Pikachu is stronger than Raichu due to a Pikachu-only item.

And Raichu is a no in my opinion--if they do add any Pokemon, it should be something like Munchlax.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
swift assailant said:
1) mewtwo isnt a prodominant pokemon from the show
2) how is mewtwo depicted as "evil" in melee?
3)...
4)but thats it, everything else is not anime related.
1. He is in the Movie
2. Mostly by his Evil Laugh taunt, and his juxtaposition against Gannondorf and Giga Bowser in Event 51.
3. Did someone say my name?
4. You have a point here, but still, the Pokemon in Melee, while not directly related to their Anime counterparts, are strongly influenced by them in voice and disposition.

Jeeze, I'm caught in a battle of lists

deathblazer

Smash Apprentice
And I always liked the thought of Wigglytuff in SSBB not Raichu. Gives me something else to think about.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
If deciding on whether replacing Pichu...........then YES to Raichu.

If just thinkiing on new pokemon......No Raichu, we need more 'non-overhyped' ones. Also, I only know a few pokemon past the original 150...[always meant to borrow the new GBA games from my friends].....but I think it would be really hard to add new ones.

Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo fit fine because they are more 'humanized' than others. Pikachu is never in his pokeball so he absorbs more human culture.

Jigglypuff doesn't have an owner so no pokeball and expresses more human emotions like desire to sing and anger when everyone falls asleep on her. Also, she expresses her anger in a very human way-- by writing on people's faces [I've always wondered how much longer that marker will last, BIC can learn from it].

And Mewtwo is genetically created and can talk {mentally, but still} and goes out and gets himself a home and holds a tournament(movie), what other pokemon would do that?

Following that theory, Meowth is the only other 'humanized' pokemon I can think of, but that specific one is horrible at fighting. But I hope someone can point out a newer pokemon that fits the previous criteria.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Do we really need another electric Pokemon? How about something that's water or grass based?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
My first thought of a new Pokémon was Blaziken. He is quite big, has awfull strong fire moves and since he is a fighting type he can also make nice air combo's using his feet(Think of Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut). Actually, I'm also starting to think that they will add a Pokémon from the 3th edition(starting from Treecko till Deoxys I mean). Those are all new and maybe Nintendo wants them to deserver a place in SSBB to show how they can be outside of a Pokémon fight.

I do not know WICH Pokémon will be added(I hope Blaziken) but I'm sure that they WILL add one. Dunno why, just got that feeling...

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
greenblob said:
Actually, according to competitive Pokemon tournaments, Pikachu is stronger than Raichu due to a Pikachu-only item.

And Raichu is a no in my opinion--if they do add any Pokemon, it should be something like Munchlax.
WTF is Munchlax????

EDIT: Blaziken would be awesome...I always use him in Emerald.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Munchlax[Japanese: Gonobe] will be added in Diamond&Pearl and is the Pre-Evolution of Snorlax.

And yes, it wouldn't surprise me that they would put Munchlax in it either. But I think they won't if SSBB will be released before Diamond&Pearl. Would be pretty weird to see Munchlax make moves that we can only know from the game. Ok, I know that in the US you can see him on TV shows but here in Europe that's just impossible. Only the people who follow the news about Diamon&Pearl know who Munchlax is, just like Lucario and Bonsly.

Master_Of_Puppets

Smash Cadet
They have enough Poke Puppets in Smash Bros. Already. A load of Poke'mon in the Poke Balls.

Is there really any need for another Pokemon?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Horrible idea. We already have two Pokémon from the Chu family. Should they install a new Pokémon have it be someone from another Pokémon family. Or switch Pichu out for him I guess, but a lot of people would get upset over that.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
swift assailant said:
Raichu is one of the most bad@$$ pokemon ever, it should be in brawl. Raichu is pikachu's evolved form, so if pichu, pikachu's pre-evolved form made it to melee, Raichu should be able to make it to brawl. Nintendo should make up for what they did with pichu, I mean pichu sucked... a lot. Adding Raichu to the 3rd SSB game will make up for that error.
Yes, one terrible clone wasn't enough so this time let's try adding a fatter, slower, stronger version and see if that works. Brilliant idea!

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
Yes, one terrible clone wasn't enough so this time let's try adding a fatter, slower, stronger version and see if that works. Brilliant idea!
Well, its appears that you HATE clones of any sort, but if you knew anything, Raichu is alot faster than Pukachu, and the only reason he may seem "fat" is because he is bigger than Pikachu. You know, when you grow up you get bigger? I think Raichu is the only Pokemon I think could make it in Smash aside from the ones already in it.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ember Joe said:
I think those growls are supposed to be their names. It's just that the GB games used to be too small bitwise to feature that many sounds. Besides, having sounds just for their names would be stupid.

Mewtwo isn't evil in SSBM. Jigglypuff isn't even featured in the TV series that much! I don't know about Pichu. Did it appear more than once or twice? According to your theory, more logical pokémon to add would have been Bulbasaur, Charizard and Togepi.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
The reason for the addition of Jigglypuff, if I remember correctly, would be that she was (maybe still is) the favorite Pokemon in Japan. Pikachu was the favorite in the USA, Jigs in Japan.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
magnebula said:
Well, its appears that you HATE clones of any sort, but if you knew anything, Raichu is alot faster than Pukachu, and the only reason he may seem "fat" is because he is bigger than Pikachu. You know, when you grow up you get bigger? I think Raichu is the only Pokemon I think could make it in Smash aside from the ones already in it.
I don't HATE every clone, but what's the point of having three clone characters? And I'm sorry that since I don't play pokemon or watch the TV show means that I don't know anything. Since he was a lot bigger than pikachu I assumed he was slower. (you know kinda like Kirby, DeDeDe Captain Falcon, Ganondorf Young Link, Link) I'm using common sense that doesn't mean I don't know anything.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
magnebula said:
The reason for the addition of Jigglypuff, if I remember correctly, would be that she was (maybe still is) the favorite Pokemon in Japan. Pikachu was the favorite in the USA, Jigs in Japan.
Which explains why they opted for Jigglypuff instead of Pit. However, why did they add Pikachu then? Because SSB was originally only supposed to be released in Japan.

keKaL

Smash Rookie
Riachu Doesn't needd to be in SSBB, Pichu in SSbm was just a fine character, all u had to know was how to use em, Pichu's Smash attack was actually stronger than Pikachus.. didnt u know that?

Top Bottom