• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RAGE - Results and shoutout thread!! THANK YOU BASED CARROLL!!

D

Deleted member

Sorry I forfeited, guys...I just didn't feel up to playing at all. Everything I did felt so off and sluggish, and I was really upset that I couldn't pull off wins I know I normally would have. This is by far the worst I have EVER played at an event...

I know I let a lot of people down and I'm sorry :(, but at least the tourney had a good turnout.

TMario

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I forfeited, guys...I just didn't feel up to playing at all. Everything I did felt so off and sluggish, and I was really upset that I couldn't pull off wins I know I normally would have. This is by far the worst I have EVER played at an event...

I know I let a lot of people down and I'm sorry :(, but at least the tourney had a good turnout.
Yeah, it's cuzza you they scratched my one win and replaced it with a match against Shugo!

Haha, whatever, I drowned in pools no matter what.

Anyway, my first tourny ever, the small amount of people I chatted with, cool guys.

Shugo - Nice meetin you. My friend is hella jelly. Thanks for letting me kill you that one time.
AlphaZealot - idk if we met, but I did snoop your Diddy Kong while you weren't lookin. I'd definitely like to see how I measure up against that.
Rabbi - You were the last guy to fight in our pool, right? Cool talkin to you, you didnt make me feel like a TOTAL noob.
M@V - I wanna fight your Fox again... yeah, I wanna fight your Fox again.
Kee - We chatted it up a good bit but never got a match going. We're gonna have to change that. And heads up, I have zero exp fighting an Olimar that knows how to play so... be nice.
Tech_Chase - Thanks for not schooling me TOO hard in pools.
--pools cut off--
Clowsui - You were in my pool, right? I wanna fight that Marth again.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving - Pfft, noob.
Taco - You sir are such a good looking guy, I cant believe it. Keep it up man.

Like I said, I didnt talk to a lot of people and if I missed ya, I suck at remembering people. If you guys'll show, I'll definitely join any other Cleveland tournys.

M@v

Subarashii!
Finally got time to start looking through these replays; I dont know how many ill get up tonight; but ill at least get them organized and start recording.

P.S. I think I can be at my best going solo metaknight....but I need to improve some matchups with him first, most of all the ditto. My fox is really good in certain matchups, but If I learn those with mk as well, I got almost no need for fox.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850

It's okay auspher. :(

Sometimes those days happen, everyone has days like that. It's best to just sit back, and do something else that makes you happy. ^_^

:phone:

clowsui

Smash Legend
Finally got time to start looking through these replays; I dont know how many ill get up tonight; but ill at least get them organized and start recording.

P.S. I think I can be at my best going solo metaknight....but I need to improve some matchups with him first, most of all the ditto. My fox is really good in certain matchups, but If I learn those with mk as well, I got almost no need for fox.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

me vs Ori is brolic as hell :cool:

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Okay, props to Joe Paturnip and Mothers Against Drunk Driving for having my new favorite names ever.

GE not doing half bad at this, though I expected better of you Berserker :glare:.

I hate not being able to drive :(, I would've definitely done the 8 hour drive and done a double-puff team with SoulPech :D

Also good **** Carroll, idk why exactly but I figure you did something amazing again like you always do.

*sees top 10 placement* Yeah, good ****! :D

M@v

Subarashii!
Well, my bracket was MK, MK, and Marth who I had to assume would go mk (found out later he was going all marth no matter what, but couldnt take the chance)

D

Deleted member

It's okay auspher. :(

Sometimes those days happen, everyone has days like that. It's best to just sit back, and do something else that makes you happy. ^_^

Aww...thanks Kass! I ended up just hanging out at the TO station with Rikku and Sole for the rest of the tourney.

Kel

Smash Master
Brackets decide who you play, not who you beat. Other than the 1s needing to fight 4s and 2s needing to fight 3s, the seeding is fine. Past pools, choosing who fights who is bracket manipulation. That's what pools are for.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Brackets decide who you play, not who you beat. Other than the 1s needing to fight 4s and 2s needing to fight 3s, the seeding is fine. Past pools, choosing who fights who is bracket manipulation. That's what pools are for.
Yeah. Because everyone wanted to watch no pools, 1st round bracket: M2k vs Ally

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Out of all the 1st seeds, I'd probably have the best shot against Shugo for obvious reasons (comfort factor/experience), or perhaps Zinoto if my MK is on point, but that's it. None of them would have been easy by any means though, they got 1st seeds for a reason.

/KeepinItReal

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Show me the link to your channel so I can subscribe to it. I wanna see the matches I was able to get saved during my matches and I'm sure the others in our pool do, too.

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah. Because everyone wanted to watch no pools, 1st round bracket: M2k vs Ally

Derp if Ally and M2K are both first seeds, they cannot play first round. All pools is obviously better, but choosing who plays who first round instead of randomizing it is bracket manipulation. The player earn their seeds and you go from there.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
What about location seeding bias? I'm fine with no bracket manipulation but having two players who live in the same house play first round OOS (not saying it happened at this, just an example) is bad.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Derp if Ally and M2K are both first seeds, they cannot play first round. All pools is obviously better, but choosing who plays who first round instead of randomizing it is bracket manipulation. The player earn their seeds and you go from there.
I was making a sarcastic comment that if pools DIDN'T exist, then it would have most likely been random and M2k vs Ally would meet 1st round. As for all pools, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Kel

Smash Master
What about location seeding bias? I'm fine with no bracket manipulation but having two players who live in the same house play first round OOS (not saying it happened at this, just an example) is bad.
It's still manipulation technically. This becomes especially tricky when you take into account things such as Michigan being literally 1/3 of Rage's attendance. Or, (god forbid someone actually do this) separating the god kais. Separating people based on location and crew is great for pools, but when making a 32 man bracket, it makes things too tricky. Someone is always going to complain about their bracket, or how they got screwed, or match ups, or M2K, etc. etc. but that's just part of running brackets. That's why I like all pools so much better. Really, if you guys are having doubts I encourage you all to go to OS' next pools only event. It was amazing.

Location seeding is not only impossible to do (and make everyone happy), but it's also essentially nullifying pools. What is the point of pools (other than getting more matches for the people that would go two and out in bracket) if we are just going to seed the bracket by hand anyway? Why is it OK that Ally and M2K get to be on opposite sides of the bracket automatically? If they're good (which they are), they will end up in the grand finals anyway (which they always do). If Ally and M2K played first round, they would probably still meet in grand finals. If they didn't, and someone like Shugo beat Ally or something in losers, is that really the end of the world? Everyone else in the bracket has to deal with the possibility of M2K in their immediate bracket early on, why should Ally be exempt from that possibility? Brackets are designed to find the best player of the day, not number 2, 3, 4, etc. If you are interested in placements past 1st, round robin pools is the best way to go.

Besides, wouldn't things just be easier to plug in the numbers from pools in TIO and then have the bracket generate itself? We would avoid situations where 2 seeds play each other.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Why is it OK that Ally and M2K get to be on opposite sides of the bracket automatically?.
I'll give you an example: When I was in wrestling, there were 3 tournaments that mattered at the end of the season: Sectionals, Districts, and State. In Sectionals, there would be 12 schools, the seeds were determined by a coaches meeting, and the seed places were 1-7. The 1st and 2nd seed were the opposite end of the bracket because these two were predicted to make it to the end. Now, the main difference between this layout and the regular Smash bracket layout is with Wresling, there is NO way to get 1st of 2nd if you lost your match. Anyways, top 4 make it out

Districts work differently. There are 4 Sectionals in a District. the 1st place wrestles the 4th place from an opposing district..same with 2nd and 3rd. This is to make sure that the wrestlers from the same Sectionals would not wrestle each other again. The only way is if the 1st or 2nd placers were to lose their first match, or if the 3rd/4th placers were to win their first match. Anyways, top 4 make it out.

At state, there are 4 Districts. The layout is very similar to Districts, but the main difference is that it's differentiated by w/l ratio. For example, you have 2 wrestlers that got first and are undefeated (kind of like sectionals). They will be on the opposite end of the bracket since they're most likely to get 1st and 2nd.
example: http://www.baumspage.com/ohsaa/brackets/2012/bracket3.pdf

tl:dr. Pools is easier.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Glad I'm Texas... We don't do pools unless it's at a regional or national... saves soooo much time! Always leave tournaments with the sun still up....Leaving so much time to do fun stuff afterward

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Well, this was a regional....soooo....

xD

Still writing shout outs = ___ =;;;;;
Because everyone gets a shout out
everyone
; u ;

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
That'll come in the shoutout announce
I'll probably mail em though

Info might come the 2nd week of august....cuz i work all next week....and i have online classes as well....so im gonna be an unhappy person

BUT DANGIT I WILL GET PEOPLE THEIR BADGES ; n ;

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Clowsui just wants our mm up lol.

But yeah I need to watch it and learn from my mistakes

clowsui

Smash Legend
nah I should have an MM vs HotArms on that Wii too that I wanna look at. He SD'd a lot and it's the best I've ever done against his Snake (I 2-0'd him :yeahboi:) but I felt I wasn't playing the MU very correctly the whole time...so I wanna see what i can do better

edit: no discredit to hot_arms, he's extremely talented and I hope he actually makes a commitment to getting better at this game. i just made a few good reads (AKA marth vs any character lol)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
When's FC again?

Idk though. I can probably get them printed quickly for FC.....maybe
Maybe someone can grab the badges from me and get em to the right people at FC

......yeah info coming soon

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Update answer about badges before FC:

....probably not.
Cook at the restaurant I work at is on vacation. Host is taking over for the cook, so I need to fill his spot all week and waitress since there will only be 2 of us working floor. That means monday through saturday (4:30 to 10 or later) spent at work, on top of online physics and craziness since my family is outta town. Gotta run all of the errands. And when I'm not doing that craziness, I'll probably be sleeping/somewhere wishing I was sleeping xD;;;;;

.......but during the free time I get I will work on badges I swear
I WILL GET THEM DONE ; x ;

Top Bottom