• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Radford's Radically Rad Melee Monthlies: Oct 2nd. You Can Has Livestream.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
venue itself was cool. part of me is glad we didn't have 30-40 people, cause we wouldve run out of chairs for friendlies. as it was, we had enough setups for really good friendlies to happen. i guess some people were a little miffed about having to turn in ID's, but i guess thats just a part of the policy of the dorm.

if these were to get bigger, somehow, more tables would probably be useful we had like the perfect number of setups for the amount we had, but as the numbers go up, the setups do too. the livestream was a little goofy, as many not so high profile matches ended up using the setup so they could be on the stream (mostly during teams). that in itself made double take longer than it needed to, and overall, pushed back the schedule a little. but thats the fault of the entrants in general, not of the TO. tough to enforce anything like that.

singles went better, seems like more people were content without being recorded/livestreamed for some reason, and things went smoothly as far as i was concerned.

the food break was good. walking to subway was kinda far, but having a legitimate gap between the two events for us all to generally get food is good. just wish doubles gf's didn't take 45 minutes :p

overall, good venue, will need more tables/chairs as these events grow, and if theres any way around the ID giving procedure, that'd be good.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Omfg we split. notice it's called winners losers and grand friendlies. silly *****

-Edit- @ Mahone, wtf is wrong with you? lol Chillin has been playing with g-reg and TR regularly to make a comeback. he got 17th at apex and is possibly better than I am now. o_O He and G-reg are both probably going to TO.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
good choice redd. even my ganon did a little work against your marth (lol at that first "tourney" game) but i'm sure your fox would make quick work of my ganon as it is now.

your marth is good though. i like it. the world needs a few more marth players, in my opinion.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
good choice redd. even my ganon did a little work against your marth (lol at that first "tourney" game) but i'm sure your fox would make quick work of my ganon as it is now.

your marth is good though. i like it. the world needs a few more marth players, in my opinion.
Thanks man, I'll be sure to keep training for next month. =)

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Huge thanks to everyone that came out to this and made what I feel was a huge success for my first tournament! I'm glad I took the effort to throw this event together. I'll go into more details later.

venue itself was cool. part of me is glad we didn't have 30-40 people, cause we wouldve run out of chairs for friendlies. as it was, we had enough setups for really good friendlies to happen. i guess some people were a little miffed about having to turn in ID's, but i guess thats just a part of the policy of the dorm.

if these were to get bigger, somehow, more tables would probably be useful we had like the perfect number of setups for the amount we had, but as the numbers go up, the setups do too. the livestream was a little goofy, as many not so high profile matches ended up using the setup so they could be on the stream (mostly during teams). that in itself made double take longer than it needed to, and overall, pushed back the schedule a little. but thats the fault of the entrants in general, not of the TO. tough to enforce anything like that.

singles went better, seems like more people were content without being recorded/livestreamed for some reason, and things went smoothly as far as i was concerned.

the food break was good. walking to subway was kinda far, but having a legitimate gap between the two events for us all to generally get food is good. just wish doubles gf's didn't take 45 minutes :p

overall, good venue, will need more tables/chairs as these events grow, and if theres any way around the ID giving procedure, that'd be good.
Thanks for the in-depth critique True. I appreciate it and will take all of it into account.

I'll look into getting more chairs and a few more tables as more people come to these, and I definitely wasn't quite forceful enough during doubles on getting the bracket done. Subway is a somewhat lengthy walk, but there are other food places on campus that are closer. Next time I should get some printed maps and mark on those where the food is.

As for the ID thing, I agree. I'll try to see if there is yet another loophole I could exploit. I doubt it though. They do that basically to ensure that peoples don't trash the dorm.

By the way everyone, its a **** good thing the tournament wasn't today. My dorm is currently having a power outage. Lulz.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Great tournament, had a lot of fun and i thought i played really well, LOL i choked so hard against redd, i missed so much stuff, but no johns, it was a fluke though, i'll definitely do better next time :mad: LOL

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
knowing redd, i don't think he plans on picking up falco. fox, marth, and sheik are his characters of choice.

but now just fox.

(i mean, currently, his mario gave me significantly more trouble than his falco. maybe cuz i don't know the mario matchup but dang...that thing is good.)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
knowing redd, i don't think he plans on picking up falco. fox, marth, and sheik are his characters of choice.

but now just fox.

(i mean, currently, his mario gave me significantly more trouble than his falco. maybe cuz i don't know the mario matchup but dang...that thing is good.)

Marioooooooooooo.

Low tier mang. <3

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Whoa Yay took the tourney?

Good fcking **** dude!!! You must have went beast mode on some fools haha

Your falls church location is a lie!

and it's gonna have tristate as per usual, etc.
I've never changed it ever since I first saw Wombo Combo, aside from when Smashboards added a character count limit so I had to change Virginia to VA.

If I want to get there, I'm going to need $100 for a round trip by bus to nova and back, and add gas $ which is like I don't know how much because I'm not going to bother doing math for this post, and add $1 for the spectator fee so I can record at the tournament. Also, I'm going to have to go home and my parents will be confused and yell at me and take away my Christmas presents and my opportunity to go to GENESIS 2. You think someone is going to pay for that? jk's

ashley is my gf lol. I'm glad we got vids but you don't hafta put it on the thread haha.
I meant what is her Smashtag? Nelo? I've already done it. It's fun for me.

Also, we have 50 tournament videos, which is 34 tournament sets.

Top Bottom