• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Racing games discuss here(not Mario Kart)

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
Basically i guess no one has made a thread with racing game discussions.Well Mario Kart. But theres a reason why theres one.So Mario Kart there.:laugh:

You can put any racing games you like because i would like to know many different racing games out there.
Well here are mine:

Game: Initial D Arcade Stage 3
Platform: Arcade (Like arcade arcade if you know what I mean)
About: Yes its only in the Arcade sadly. But in my opinion a very endless fun racing game with Very pleasing Japanese Import Tuners (No European luxuries, American Muscle, etc in the game).
The game is based on the anime "Initial D"
But this is only Stage 3 which is like "Version 3" and there is Version 5 already but only in Japan still I think.
Yes drifting in the game (even though its not like real). You race characters based on the anime and you have your own "card" with your Racing info (who you beat, name, car name, etc)
you can purchase the card at the Machine (Initial D machine itself) But sometimes if theres none, tell the arcade owner to put some. lol

Pic

Yup this is the machine
Steering Wheel, Gear shifter, acceleration, brake pedal.

Initial D Arcade Stage 3 main screen

Here are my cards
If you wanna know how it looks like.But not all IDAS3 machine have this same exact card design.

My cars
Mazda RX7 FD3s
Mazda RX7 FD3S Spirit R
Mazda RX7 FC3S
Honda Integra DC2 Type R (not in the pic)
Suzuki Capuccino EA11R (not in the pic )

Bunta Challenge is a pain in the @sscrack

Well anyways, Shout out what racing game do you guys play

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You do realize you're supposed to have spaces between punctuation, right?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Not open parenthesis though. :O

Anyway, I enjoyed DK: Barrel Blast, Sonic Riders, and Road Rash II

I hated Cruisin USA though

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You do realize you're supposed to have spaces between punctuation, right?
But... what if he's using a reguler cell phone to type?

Also, he didn't say no Kirby Air Ride, so I'll say the racing game I play the most is... Kirby Air Ride. Sonic Rider's sieres is fun, (GreenKirby beat me to it), also Burnout sieres.

The Need For Speed sieres was great until they went to Carbon, but the sieres is slowly comming back though. Midnight Club sieres is always fun to me.

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
Not open parenthesis though. :O

Anyway, I enjoyed DK: Barrel Blast, Sonic Riders, and Road Rash II

I hated Cruisin USA though
Cruisin USA was epic fail lol

Sonic Riders was ok i just dont get how the heck do you win...Is there even an acceleration in Sonic Riders? ( I use to have the game )

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The Burnout series was great up until Paradise. Racers should never be free roaming. Burnout 3 was my first online game, and I won't forget it for a long while. It was one of the few Xbox Live games where you could play for a few hours and not run into a single person screaming profanity. Truly magic!

My current favorite though? The Project Gotham series. Beautiful graphics, incredible sound, recreated cities from around the world, a bunch of camera views (including a first person view), a nice inbetween arcade and simulator feel and a lot of fun.

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
I agree Project Gotham Series was awesome. Never played PGR4.
But I heard there is Snow in Nurburguring which was what I wanted to try.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Oh god, the snow in Nurburguring. There's a challenge in the game where you're thrown into this 1950's roadster with a really long nose and you have to do a timed lap on Nurburguring... I failed that so many times. It doesn't help that the time limit is somewhere around 11-12 minutes. Not very fun to retry more than once! When you aren't in that roadster though, it's pretty fun! Still a chore to stay on the course, but fun!

Scott!

Smash Lord
Cruisin' USA may have been fail, but I really enjoyed Cruisin' World and Exotica, though World was better. Had both for my 64, and they were awesome. Good music, too.

Also Kirby Air Ride is amazing. It needs more content, like another map for the city part of city trial, since only one does get old, and a few more of each type of course (Air Ride and Top Ride, I think the modes were called) would have been great. But it's such a good race. Simplest racing game I've ever played, but it still has subtlety and skill involved. Plus, all the vehicles are awesome, even the bad ones.

Also, does anyone remember the Pod Racing game that was on at least the 64? This game redeemed Phantom Menace for me.

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
oh god time attacks especially on some old piece of hunk of junk. Thats sounds very crap. Especially with with a '59 car.
not at 11-12 mins to pass? that car is slow as i thought. Even maybe a S2000 is faster than that
Let me guess was the car a Caterham 7?

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
Cruisin' USA may have been fail, but I really enjoyed Cruisin' World and Exotica, though World was better. Had both for my 64, and they were awesome. Good music, too.

Also Kirby Air Ride is amazing. It needs more content, like another map for the city part of city trial, since only one does get old, and a few more of each type of course (Air Ride and Top Ride, I think the modes were called) would have been great. But it's such a good race. Simplest racing game I've ever played, but it still has subtlety and skill involved. Plus, all the vehicles are awesome, even the bad ones.

Also, does anyone remember the Pod Racing game that was on at least the 64? This game redeemed Phantom Menace for me.
I use to have Cruisin USA for N64 but possibly didnt like it. LMFAO there is a cruisin world in the arcade where i play Initial D (If dont know that game its the first post ^^). :laugh:

What game system is for Kirby Air Ride?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Star Wars PodRacing.

I still havn't beat that game. The last stage is so goddam ridiculous that you make one wrong move your screwed. Plus Anakin is broken in that game.

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
I have a question for you guys
If there were only racing courses in every racing games you ever played with these corners with a steering wheel ( not a controller ), vehicle is only manual and you cant brake, only slow down. Would you still race in this course?

THIS!!!

and

THIS!!!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Cruisin USA was epic fail lol

Sonic Riders was ok i just dont get how the heck do you win...Is there even an acceleration in Sonic Riders? ( I use to have the game )
The gear in Riders accelerate themselves. You can go faster by manually pressing the turbo button but that wastes air your gear uses to move operate.

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
The gear in Riders accelerate themselves. You can go faster by manually pressing the turbo button but that wastes air your gear uses to move operate.
oh i just keep going on that pit thingy thats on the stage and usually end up like last place.
I remember that one stage with knuckles and that storm dude. That factory is efffin **** hard. thats the last place i ended up when i had the game. Never beaten it lol

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
Lol that reminds me a lot of those weird hovercraft racing games.
10000 MPH... thats just uhh insane :confused:

THIS!!!

Irohakaza FTW:bee:

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
my favorite racing games are PGR series, Grand turismo series and Forza motersports very fun especially the Zonda C12 S lol
I can tell by the username. Not much of Pagani Zonda dude of me but there allright.

BTW in Forza Motorsports have you beat every challenges including the lvl 50 endurance races? this is Forza 1 BTW.

Oh yeah do you know how to drift in Gran Turismo? Well at least in Gran Turismo 4?

Scott!

Smash Lord
That pod racing game was ridiculous, but it was a lot of fun, and beating a hard race there really felt like an accomplishment. I also enjoyed all the variation in the different drivers, though Anakin was generally the best. Plus, the Tatooine one (the hard one) was really true to the movie, and that was pretty sweet to my adolescent self.

Alzi

Smash Master
I use to play that mid night maxium tune wagan game then i stopped lol. Wasted to much money lucky i only spent under $50 on it.

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
I use to play that mid night maxium tune wagan game then i stopped lol. Wasted to much money lucky i only spent under $50 on it.
I only played Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 once. (Since the WMMT is too far at another arcade).
I have one card with the JZA80 Supra. Me noob at that game. Hate that highway racing kinda and how to tell if im about to crash and like which side of the freakin road should i go. :laugh:

Thats why I stick with Initial D. =P
Reminded me when i first played IDAS3 i spent 50 bucks 5 hrs straight in the arcade :dizzy:

urdailywater

Smash Hero
My favorite so far was Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
The game was too fun, it just felt like a grind after a while of running from police. But other than that good story and very fast.

Umm, I think I played Kirby Air Ride, but can't remember. >.>
If I did it had to be good, but other than that the only other one I can remember is Grand Turismo (sucked) and Mario Kart.

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
The game was too fun, it just felt like a grind after a while of running from police. But other than that good story and very fast.

Umm, I think I played Kirby Air Ride, but can't remember. >.>
If I did it had to be good, but other than that the only other one I can remember is Grand Turismo (sucked) and Mario Kart.
But I like Gran Turismo :ohwell:

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
Its pretty good for people who are big racing fans. Like me.
It is slow/boring game not unless you have a steering wheel with gas and brake pedal for the game, its more funner makes more realistic than plain boring controller. Especially drifting at El Capitan :laugh:

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
yes Burnout Paradise is a 5/5 must get racing game. well i dont have it but i played it and its hella sick.
I agree free roaming games like Need For Speed are... pathetic

§leepy God

Smash Master
My Favroite to, did you play it on the 360? If you did, did you play it on Xbox Live with people in the same room, best moment of my life. :D

Does anyone here know if Burnout Paradise is good. I love racing games but a free rooming one doesnt make sense to me.
That's my second favrote racing game. Some people say Brunout Revenge is better, but you can only play it good on the 360. I'll mostly get Paradise though, your choice.

JDM

Smash Champion
I play Initial D, Ridge Racer, Wangan Midnight and GT4. Racing games are always fun.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
How does the free roam aspect of it feel?
I liked it. It kind of felt like San Andreas, which was my favorite PS2 game.

I like Free Roam though. Just driving around or walking around is pretty good feel to me.

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
I play Initial D, Ridge Racer, Wangan Midnight and GT4. Racing games are always fun.
I play all those games lol. Except Ridge Racer I never tried it but I would love to try it.
Anyways dude do you play Initial D arcade stage 3?
Wangan Midnight is hard as heck even when I only have a JZA80 Supra and fat*** car the skyline R33:bee:

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
I dont know about the new test drive. But heard critics its good. so I would try it but are there any Import Tuners in the game?

Test Drive 3 for playstation was like one of the badass racing games man. miss that game. wish it would work again (since i bought it at the Philippines) when i use to have my ps2. If it still worked id b playing it right now lol

Fat NISMO

Smash Cadet
THREAD REVIVED!!!

Ok My fav racing game is Initial D Arcade Stage 3. Best racing game there is in my opinion. Evne though its not real simulation but fun as heck.
Import Tuners long LIVE!!

Oh BTW I know IntegraDC2rawkr in real life. (Person who started this thread). He doesnt come here anymore so I guess i'll be the owner of this thread hahaha

Top Bottom