• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Race's -562- Garage Tourney II: Summer Beat ~5/24~

Race

Smash Lord
Race's -562-BRAWL Tournament 2: Summer Beat
--Hosted by Race (Julian) and Co.--

Date: Saturday, May 24th

Categories: Singles and Teams
Where: 17312 Grayland ave.
Cerritos, Ca 90703

Time: 12:30pm-10pm

Casuals: 10pm-Whenever (Bring your Melee or 3s or what ever)

Teams : Start: 12:30pm - 3:30pm (Sign-ups start 11am for teams)

Singles: 4:00pm-10:00pm (Sign-ups start as soon as the team tourney finishes around 3:30pm)

Gear: 5 tv's and 5 Wii's (Need 2 wii's) or if they become available more tv's and wii's

Fee: $5 Singles, $10 per Team
Venue Fee: I didn't do this last time, but will do it now, it's $1 per event

For example: Let's say you do Just singles you pay $6 all together ($5 entry plus $1 venue)
If you do Singles and doubles it's $12 all together ($5 singles plus you pay half of teams which is $5=$10 plus $1 per event=$12) I hope everyone understands now.

Prize:
Singles:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Teams:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Tournament Details:
Singles:
-3 Stock 8:00 Time Limit with NO Items.
-Only Neutral stages can be chosen.
-Games are best out of 3 matches with Finals being best out of 5
-Standard double elimination

Teams:
-3 stock 7:00 with NO Items.
-Only neutral stages can be chosen.
-Games best out of 3 with finals being best out of 5
-Double Elimination

Stages:
Final Destination
Battle Field
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Ranbow Cruise
Pirate Ship
Green Greens
Jungle Japes

INFO

-This is gonna be a local tourney, so we don't have a big venue to play on. It's going to be held at my place. So slots will probably limit the number of participants, I'd say around 35 for singles and 18 teams. I still need to gauge and see how many people are interested in this.

-Gear wise we have 4 TV's ready with 2 or 3 wii's. So if someone could bring in 2 extra wii's that would be awesome (Another problem I don't have to worry about) So if you can bring some let me know and i'll give you some tourney money for your kindness. If we can get more then the better! Also I'd like to tape the matches but I don't have the proper equipment, so if anyone wants to go in and record then please by all mean let me know.

-Please bring your controllers (Use wavebirds at your own risk).

-If we can get an extra TV and wii we can hold casuals on that tv. Some friendlies would be cool.

-All seeded players will be accounted for

-If you're gonna be late call me and i'll add you to the slots, and see if I can hold you off till you arrive.

-The Tourney will be held in the garage, and the garage ONLY. No one goes inside the house/bathroom without asking me first, ever since what happened in JTB's tourney I hope everyone understands where I come from.

-As with last time i'll have food and drinks for everyone to enjoy

-You can bring food as long as you please try to clean up after your selfs

-Please keep in mind that this is gonna be in someone's house, please respect the owner and try not to mess or take anything there. Please don't come drunk or high. Also try not to make too much noise, party levels is okay but I don't think this would really be an issue. I'm doing this for you guys and a little respect back would be awesome. If someone gets too rowdy or out of control you'll be kicked out, i'm serous on this.

If anyone has questions let me know. if you're interested drop a line and i'll add you to the slots. Thanks guys

*Call me if you have any questions
(562) 277-2727

SENG

Smash Journeyman
This tourney sounds good but just one thing, like with the other tourney theres the thing with the venue. I understand that ur doing this in ur own house and u want something back so why not just take the 2 dollar from each 7 dollar singles entry? thats what majority of ppl do ne way. Having a bigger POT from the 7 dollar singles while making ppl pay 4 dollars for both events seems a bit much for a house tourney. I know ur place is really chill and ur a really generous guy so its just a suggestion Julien =D.

Race

Smash Lord
I'll subtract the fee to $1 from singles and $1 from teams.

last tourney really drained me and I need to make sure I at least make a little of it back, I don't even care if I take a small loss. Not just the food and the drinks, but a lot of other factors, such as electricity and borrowing equipment too.

Race

Smash Lord
hahah, dun worry kevin, just cause people don't post or anything they'll come.

It was like that for the tourney I held last month and 40 people ended up showing up.

Everyone seemed like they enjoyed themselfs that was cool, I got a lot of props when it ended. So i'm compelled to host again.

Race

Smash Lord
Anyways I think i'm down a TV again, anyone to bring a TV or Wii=Fee admission

oh yeah and go to kevin's (Oscular) tourney the next week also, like 5 min walk away, lol

S2

Smash Lord
I'm fairly certain I'll be able to make this. How far is it from glendale, like 30 mins? So yeah, add me in.

What size TV are you guys looking for? I have a smaller panasonic that's like 13 or 15 inches or so. Yeah it sucks, but if someone can't bring anything better than it's available. Even if it's only for casuals. Let me know.

And yeah, normally I don't like venue fees but considering that you're providing things to drink this is very reasonable and people really shouldn't complain. 2 bucks total isn't bad at all. Hosts shouldn't be getting drained for holding a tournament.

Race

Smash Lord
Bring the TV if you can just in case we lose a TV or something mixes up that day and we're down one. If we use it you get in for free, but if we're gonna use it for casuals then a fee still applies. Thanks though I really appreciate the thought!

2 bucks total isn't bad at all. Hosts shouldn't be getting drained for holding a tournament.
THANK YOU!!!!!

Charoo

Smash Champion
hooray for bellflower tourney

edit: need to bring port town aero drive to counter pick!!!! CAPTAIN FALCONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Race

Smash Lord
doubles fee is now $10. Just to even it out

I'm also gonna hold a casuals night at the end of the tourney, bring melee, 3s .. GIRLS!!!!! till when ever people get tired

bbb

Smash Champion
hmm, maybe I will bring my girl, she keeps bugging me about going out weekends. but I like her thinking I'm an unstoppable force in brawl and I don't want her seeing me get ***** :[

Race

Smash Lord
lol, you can try winning teams again. That way you and wow her with your unstoppable teamwork

man. .. i'm gonna pick up wario, snake gets too much hate.

SENG

Smash Journeyman
so does the 1 dollar fee per event apply to both doubles ppl ? so if i were to do everything i would just pay 13?

bbb

Smash Champion
don't worry man I should be able to get there, someone offered me a ride when I asked for one

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'll bring the meleez0rs. I need a flippin teammate! Who wants to team with the kid that got 13th at UCLA?!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
lmao, he's teaming with Plan 9, kiss your hopes good bye lol. I'm probably already teaming with someone already so yeah. good/bad situation for you! :laugh:

Zfly

Smash Cadet
lols
me and my team will be there :)
cant wait
need a tourny after those dam finals :D

Race

Smash Lord
Oh yeah I forgot, My name's Julian. So you guys don't have to keep calling me Race if you want, lol

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
havent played with you guys in a long while (i always work on fridays)...but im gonna be going to this...hoping ill be able to take my brother along so ill have a doubles partner

Race

Smash Lord
Oh yeah ppl bring in Wii/TVs if you can because we need them!

we'll have rockband for casuals also, hahaha goodtimes!

Top Bottom