• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Race's -562- Brawl Garage Tournament IV: The Dream Bout *Aug 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Half of me wants to, half of me doesn't want to >_>
Quitting just because you did poorly at one tournament is pathetic. Learn from your mistakes and make sure it doesn't happen again.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
good **** champ!
how many people went to this
81 entrants in singles.

38 teams.

$7 entry fee for singles as well as $7 for doubles ($7 per partner, $2 of the $7 for both singles and doubles went to race and his family I presume.)

In venue fees, race and family received approximately (4 x 38) + (2 x 81), $314 dollars.

$ Total in Singles pot was $405, which was distributed as 60%/25%/10%/5%, however DSF and Futile split 1st/2nd place winnings, so in the end it was 42.5%/42.5%/10%/5%, or $172/$172/$40.5/$20.25, I think.

$ Total in Doubles pot was $380, distributed 60%/25%/10%/5%, or $228/$95/$38/$19

I can't remember the whole results, sorry. Hopefully this is enough to satisfy -some- curiousity.

Singles

1st: DSF/Futile [Split $344, possibly went $172/$172)
3rd: Shadow (ROB) [$40.5]
4th: BarDulL [$20.25]
5th: Fiction [/]
5th: Mike Haze [/]

Teams

1st: Aero & RipN [$228]
2nd: Futile & BarDulL [$95]
3rd: DSF & Nezumi [$38]
4th: Shadow & Creepy Fingers [$19]

The tournament itself was great, although it ran -really- slow. Race combos were too good. 3rd strike was too good. Hope another one of these is hosted in the future.

POST FULL RESULTS!

P.S. Race, I think I left my sweater at the venue. If it's there, PM me or post here please!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Quitting just because you did poorly at one tournament is pathetic. Learn from your mistakes and make sure it doesn't happen again.
In a competitive aspect, this is harsh but true.

But if you're not having fun going to tournaments, then it's definitely not worth going at all, period.

You got this Connor.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
oh ya fukc bardull too :)

lol but in all seriousness great tourney. teams was fun and singles was ehh (ran on toooo long) but good stuff

shadow-idk how u pulled it off against bardull but good **** bro for real :)

futile-i really wanted to play you at this tournament but marths kept me from my goal lol next time

Claire-*** the realm

Kira-we never got to do our melee money match cuz cv had to leave. we'll try next time though hehe

mikeHAZE-ur game and watch is bad................:(

Bardull-take cv to Axis with you...please :)

oh and to that one random black peach player from norcal, good matches but u made me loose to bardull.........sad i am :(

and to everyone else, good ****

Race

Smash Lord
Actaully all in all I got about $243 in venue fees. This is no lie, I counted the money in front of everyoen at the end and I was down a lot. I had to factor in the people who brought set-ups, and weirdly I was down about $40 bucks anyways. I think Leon stole it by mind gaming me on foot tag. . . .j/k

Leon was great in hanfling most of everything with the brackets for me so big kudos tohim and his awesome jewfro.

Anywyas I was down some money in the end was had to recount it again like 3-4 times. then have leon help me count it to make sure I was right . .. Oh well it happens. I guess with so many more ppl I need to orginize the money a bit better. Yeah the T.Vs arent even fully paid off yet, lol cause I still have to factor in the money I use for food and stuff. I bought the ingredients, but my folks were taking care of the food part, lol.

Good **** though guys, the tourneys get better and better each time.Youall made this a GIANT success! and I will host another one within the next couple months so keep posted!

SOrry about the singles taking SOOO LONG, The version of Tio I had was pretty old, and it was glitching. SO the seeding took way longer then expected. All this will be fixed next time.thanks guys for bearing with me.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Actaully all in all I got about $243 in venue fees. This is no lie, I counted the money in front of everyoen at the end and I was down a lot. I had to factor in the people who brought set-ups, and weirdly I was down about $40 bucks anyways. I think Leon stole it by mind gaming me on foot tag. . . .j/k

Leon was great in hanfling most of everything with the brackets for me so big kudos tohim and his awesome jewfro.

Anywyas I was down some money in the end was had to recount it again like 3-4 times. then have leon help me count it to make sure I was right . .. Oh well it happens. I guess with so many more ppl I need to orginize the money a bit better. Yeah the T.Vs arent even fully paid off yet, lol cause I still have to factor in the money I use for food and stuff. I bought the ingredients, but my folks were taking care of the food part, lol.
I think I know why this happened. No one stole any money, purposely. The money that went missing was distributed to the players that received money for placing, because when you were distributing the prize money to players that had won, you had taken the number of entrants into account instead of taking the number of entrants that PAID, meaning money from the "venue fee pot" paid for players who didn't actually pay for bringing set ups, thus causing $70 dollars to supposedly "go missing."

****it, I got 2 extra dollars. :psycho:

Edit: How many players brought set ups, and did they pay for venue fees? Did they get a free pass from singles and doubles?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Yeah they paid no venue fee for doubles and singles (I was one of the people who brought a setup) That's 4 dollarsthere. Pretty sure there were like 7 or 8 people who brought them? Did people who only brought Wii's get exempt too I dont know.

Fun is the only reason to play. Even if you make minimum wage, if you spent the amount of time you did on smash tournaments and travelling, you'd make way more money on the job than through smash. That's why I think money's just nice bonus to you having fun and let you pay for the travelling, gas, etc. Yeah it's different if you can win Axis, but aside from the 2-3 people on this planet who actually have a chance of doing that, this applies to everyone else :p

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
I <3 CV!!!!!!!

Nice to see everyone again!

Race get the new version of TIO....right now.
Bardull is awesome, and Edrees! and everyone!

sorry for all the mind games everyone ^_____^

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Hall is in the realm, but not Oats.

Great tourney guys. San Diego had a lot of fun at this. Glad I got a chance to go before school started.

- Oats.

Race

Smash Lord
I <3 CV!!!!!!!

Nice to see everyone again!

Race get the new version of TIO....right now.
Bardull is awesome, and Edrees! and everyone!

sorry for all the mind games everyone ^_____^
I actually have Tio metrics. But it was acting up and wouldnt open cause my mom installed some security program on the lap top we were using. I fixed it tomday though and it works fine now so we won't have problems anymore. Thanks for sseding though, thanks for your support at the tourney.

Anyways get *****. Race's V will be announced soon.. .

LuCKy

Smash Master
lets get to the point that matters here....where can i buy some of those eggrolls.....O.O

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
It didn't surprise me that ~$40 from the venue was missing. Thats only 20 people who brought ****, and there were like 11+ tv's there, even though some couldn't be used. And some ppl brought wii's but no tv's idk its no big deal.

claire's mindgames should seriously eat a ****.

and the rest of the thread should consist of everyone praising me for popping my tourney hosting cherry

Charoo

Smash Champion
great tourney race!!!

race combo was too good even though the eggroll ran out when I ordered it =(

every1 should play for fun. Why so serious?

Douglas got this

edit: oh yeah, TIO sucks so badly I don't even know why we're still using it haha

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
speaking of serious

WHO HAS MY SANDALS
I saw some sandals out front like the whole day, idk if those were your or not.

Race, really fun tourney, although i have to agree with the others, it did run slowly. But until next time. GG's to everyone that i played against. I dont remember the team we played against inside, (doubles match that is) But that double spike was pretty ****.

vip0911

Smash Cadet
Lol I remember those sandals out in front quite well. Sat there allllll day. I wondered how they managed to get there by themselves.

Race

Smash Lord
OK i'm coming up with more food for next time. These are just suggestions:

-Cup Cakes "Connor Cakes"
-Lemonade "The Great Leonade"
-Subs "Futile Footlong"
-Poppers (Jalapenos) "Plan 9 Poppers"
-Nachos "Nezumi Nachos"
-Race Combo +1 BBQ stick "Danimals Combo"
-Hawaiian Punch "Jmex Juice"
-Reeses' Pieces "Edreeses Piecess"
-Chicken Nuggests "Champ Chicken Nuggests"