• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. = worst character in smash history

c4pt41n 0l1m4r

Smash Rookie
Finally, january 31, the game was released in japan, and within a few days tons of information and videos leaked out on the internet. With a grin, i soon discovered that some of the best characters returned, like marth, captain falcon, Luigi, and ness (well, ness kinda blows). I was really excited when i found out that wolf was joining the fight. Don't get me wrong, toon link licks balls too, but i expected something stupid like that, replacing one clone with an almost exact clone. But then i look at the final rouster, and there at the bottom i see R.O.B. At that moment, i died a little inside. I couldn't believe they wasted their time on a character that no one gives a s*** about. There was so many other characters they could of designed, like ridley or, idk, MEGAMAN. Hell, I WOULD OF WELCOMED BACK PICHU WITH OPEN ARMS! I guess what im trying to say is that R.O.B.'s a horrible idea, and he'll probably be the last character to get, just like mr. Game and Watch. Besides that, the game looks awesome, and i look forward to kicking all my friends a$$e$ at brawl.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Do you even know anything about ROB?

He's much more applicable for a roster seat in Brawl then Ridley or Megaman combined.

Nakto

Smash Rookie
Have you even seen any of the videos with Rob. He's actually quite strong and an all around good character, he also has alot of history with nintendo and he should definately be in the game.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
He has one piece of history with Nintendo, which was largely a way to sell more consoles by making it seem futuristic. (OMG, THE NES HAS A ROBOT, I MUST BUY IT!) At least Megaman and Ridley have been in games. No, sorry, I'm sure there was a ROB game. At least Megaman and Ridley have been in GOOD games.

And this isn't saying he's not good in Brawl, just that he's kind of stupid in general.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Totally. And if you say "Well, he's not a fighter!", then think back to Captain Olimar. Before I knew he was confirmed, I dismissed the thought of having him in as dumb. But look at him--he kicks major @$$, wide range, varied gameplay, and long range, I know you like him because you named yourself after him.

Brawl is a lot about a very varied roster, and having Megaman in would be like a blue Samus, and Ridley would be like a flying, purple Bowser.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Do you even know anything about ROB?

He's much more applicable for a roster seat in Brawl then Ridley or Megaman combined.

Idk about that, but ROB does deserve a spot in the roster.

So, OP calm down and eat some fudge. That helps.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
You don't know anything about R.O.B. There's a thread made to inform why he was the best pick for brawl. HE SAVED THE ENTIRE FREAKING VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY! Look it up. He deserves to be a character more than anyone else, even though I would still prefer Ridley or Sukapon, he deserved it more. He is the most iconic character in Nintendo history besides Mario, or at least among hard core fans. And also, R.O.B dosen't have to be the last character you unlock. And again, he's one of the best characters in the game. He has a super fast, infinite range, 15% and high knockback projectile, has probably the best recovery, and has another even faster projectile that can be picked up and tossed again and again until it falls of the stage.

In short, you're an uninformed spaming loser that dosn't know a thing about nintendo history, other than the fact that they make video games.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
He has one piece of history with Nintendo, which was largely a way to sell more consoles by making it seem futuristic. (OMG, THE NES HAS A ROBOT, I MUST BUY IT!) At least Megaman and Ridley have been in games. No, sorry, I'm sure there was a ROB game. At least Megaman and Ridley have been in GOOD games.

And this isn't saying he's not good in Brawl, just that he's kind of stupid in general.
Only one piece of history??

* Star Tropics - The Sub-C submarine's navigational computer is based off R.O.B.
* Star Fox 64 - R.O.B. 64 pilots the Great Fox while the team is flying, and sends supplies and hints. Also, the boss of Sector X resembles R.O.B.
* Kirby's Dream Land 3 - In Sand Canyon's Level 6 you must find all the parts to R.O.B. and reunite him with the Professor.
* Game Boy Camera - The twenty sixth image in the B Album is R.O.B.
* F-Zero GX - On the first Port Town stage, you can see R.O.B. loading cargo.
* WarioWare Inc. - One of the micro mini games involves R.O.B.
* Pikmin 2 - 6 of the pieces you have to find are parts of R.O.B, one is his head, and the rest of them are gyro blocks.
* WarioWare: Twisted! - Is included in some of the mini-games.
* WarioWare: Touched! - Is included in some of the mini-games.
* Mario Kart DS - Some people may call it a cameo, and some may not, but in this game, once you beat all GPS on all levels, then you will be rewarded R.O.B. as a playable character.
* Tetris DS - While on the menu for Wi-Fi, you will see the professor from Gyromite on the top screen walking around
* Chibi-Robo - It is possible that Giga-Robo's design is based off R.O.B.'s since they both look very simular.
* WarioWare: Smooth Moves - R.O.B. is the boss in 9-Volt's level.
* Super Smash Bros. Brawl - R.O.B.s are enemies in the Subspace Emissary plot, and as a playable character, under the name "Robot" in the Japanese version and is presumed to go by "R.O.B." in the English version.

(Taken from nintendo wiki)

Spoon

Smash Journeyman

Only one game??

* Star Tropics - The Sub-C submarine's navigational computer is based off R.O.B.
* Star Fox 64 - R.O.B. 64 pilots the Great Fox while the team is flying, and sends supplies and hints. Also, the boss of Sector X resembles R.O.B.
* Kirby's Dream Land 3 - In Sand Canyon's Level 6 you must find all the parts to R.O.B. and reunite him with the Professor.
* Pikmin 2 - 6 of the pieces you have to find are parts of R.O.B, one is his head, and the rest of them are gyro blocks.
* Mario Kart DS - Some people may call it a cameo, and some may not, but in this game, once you beat all GPS on all levels, then you will be rewarded R.O.B. as a playable character.
* Tetris DS - While on the menu for Wi-Fi, you will see the professor from Gyromite on the top screen walking around
* Chibi-Robo - It is possible that Giga-Robo's design is based off R.O.B.'s since they both look very simular.
* Super Smash Bros. Brawl - R.O.B.s are enemies in the Subspace Emissary plot, and as a playable character, under the name "Robot" in the Japanese version and is presumed to go by "R.O.B." in the English version.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
You don't know anything about R.O.B. There's a thread made to inform why he was the best pick for brawl. HE SAVED THE ENTIRE FREAKING VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY! Look it up. He deserves to be a character more than anyone else, even though I would still prefer Ridley or Sukapon, he deserved it more. He is the most iconic character in Nintendo history besides Mario, or at least among hard core fans. And also, R.O.B dosen't have to be the last character you unlock. And again, he's one of the best characters in the game. He has a super fast, infinite range, 15% and high knockback projectile, has probably the best recovery, and has another even faster projectile that can be picked up and tossed again and again until it falls of the stage.

In short, you're an uninformed spaming loser that dosn't know a thing about nintendo history, other than the fact that they make video games.

c4pt41n 0l1m4r

Smash Rookie

Thank you, that's all im trying to say, just with a long, over exagerated, over dramatic post:laugh:

clayfighter0

Smash Cadet
With a grin, i soon discovered that some of the best characters returned, like marth, captain falcon, Luigi, and ness (well, ness kinda blows).
Ya ness really doesnt blow so no one appreciates you saying those things im sure ademisk is mad u said that ness blows and if Simna saw this he'd kill you!!!! but r.o.b is a little out of place ya... but he is still cool but fighting him is kinda awkward. And ridley would be impossible to make as a playable character he's to effin LARGE!!!!!!!!!

L-ectrico

Smash Apprentice

He was in Mario Kart DS.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
ROB is the WFT character of the rouster, but that don't mean he's the worst character, he's quite poupler and orignal than most of the Nintendo characters.

LastReaper

Smash Cadet
Well, I agree with some points, and I disagree with some points too. I don't really like R.O.B. When I unlocked him in mario kart ds, I was like "..........ok.......I guess, heeee's funny, and.....ok". I had the same reaction when I saw him in SSBB roster. They could've put another character instead, like, maybe, I dunno, Bowser jr/shadow mario (witch i'm sure would've had a better move set). But I know that R.O.B. is quite important for nintendo and I respect that. And he seems to kick *** too! And beside, I said to myself, there's 34 other characters so thats not too bad... even maybe I will play with him and appreciate! ( I don't own the game ). If nintendo think that he deserves a place in da game, then I'm alright with that...

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Only one game??

Burned, lol. The OP was so ignorant.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
The fact that you think Ness blows proves you have terrible taste in characters and your opinion is voided.

In all seriousness though, I disliked ROB to begin with, but he's grown on me. Besides, if he wasn't in, we may have gotten Ridley or Megaman instead...yechh!!

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B. has been a gimmick all throughout Nintendo history, as you may or may not have noticed from the list. R.O.B. IS a part of Nintendo history, just not the more popular side. It's about time he made a cameo in SSB, he already has in most other games, why not SSB?

And the only thing making these boards bad are people who start UNECESSARY topics like these.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
True.

And I'm not saying R.O.B. doesn't deserve to be in SSBB, or that he's a bad character, don't start getting pissed thinking I'm saying that.

I'm saying R.O.B. is stupid. I have nothing against people who play him, but I think he's stupid.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
R.O.B. is featured in the most awesome party game ever, WarioWare. Therefore, he deserves to be in.

Case closed.

Rizzle1110

Smash Cadet
I don't think R.O.B. should be in brawl, they could of put a better character in like Megaman or someone other than a robot.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think R.O.B. should be in brawl, they could of put a better character in like Megaman or someone other than a robot.
They weren't going to add Megaman to the game if R.O.B. was or wasn't in the game...

How the hell hard is that to understand?

Do people have thick heads?

There was no roster limit, the creator chose characters he wanted to...

He decided on R.O.B., R.O.B. didn't steal anyone's spot...

If he wanted them in, they would have been regardless

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
Darkurai just won this thread with his last post XD
(I don't have anything against Pichu and G&W)

My opinion on this subject: ROB is a very unique character and I think he deserves to be in brawl. Although I could bad-mouth other characters on the roster, but I won't. There is no need to bother other people about character preferences. =)

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
cCANTAIN OLIMAR SHUT UP rob is so famous he is in designs outside of nintendo(there used to be a little robot with a little piece of paper that looks just like rob same colors also and walks... i forget the name of it though)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Dont diss R.O.B! I mean come on! A Robot in a Smash bros game!? He's an amazing character and needs to be respected! You'd never see a Robot in a fighting game cept brawl (I'm not certain of it) and robots rule! and C4ptain 0lim4r, u need to keep them pathetic comments to yourself! Besides I seen worse characters in smash not mentioning names (*cough roy cough*).
No rizzle1110, Megaman dont deserve to be in such a great game in, especially when Samus can own him!
Back to topic, R.o.b also made brawl more epic with his appearance in the SSE.
The point is "Rob Rules!"

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
True.

And I'm not saying R.O.B. doesn't deserve to be in SSBB, or that he's a bad character, don't start getting pissed thinking I'm saying that.

I'm saying R.O.B. is stupid. I have nothing against people who play him, but I think he's stupid.
LOL, that's fair I guess. Not everyone has to like the same things.

technomancer

Smash Champion
ROB is in

Megaman is out

No more QQ

No more I would have ***** you with Zero if he was in brawl johns

Top Bottom