• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. = worst character in smash history

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well Lets See.
Smash 64 Jiggly Puff (boo!)
Smash borthers Meele Game&Watch (BOO!)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl R.O.B. (BOO! BOO! YOU SUK SAKURA BOO! AAAH **** AND PILLAGE!)

There's one in every game.
You're just jealous of R.O.B.
If the game came out, i'd probably main him and show you that he dont suck, but you dont deserve such privilages since you dont got a positive mind.
Jigglypuff, i dont like her, but accept her!
G&W, i dont use him, but accept him!
R.O.B, I like this character and may main him in the future
Don't diss the Robot, the Robot owns, especially with lasers from his eyes.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
the only reason this got brought into the topic was because the original post said something about toon link sucking balls. and i know a bunch of people who share my opinion but thats all it is, an opinion.
Ok, I understand now. My bad for that..... post.

P.S.: Last time posting here.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Everyone that says there was no limit on characters is wrong. Nintendo had a given amount of time to produce the game. If they had not wasted their time on R.O.B., a character infinitely more useful, such as Bowser Jr., could have been put in to the game. Yes, they could have delayed it further, but they had already disappointed the people waiting so many times that they couldn't have done it again. Ya, R.O.B. is an iconic figure that saved Nintendo, blah, blah, blah, it doesn't mean he can fight. All he's good for is a museum. He does not belong in smash bros. R.O.B. needs to die.
You really think they couldn't of added Bowser Jr. if they wanted to? I really doubt it. They had time. R.O.B. is looking like an awesome character. Just check the vids and you shall be pleased.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
R.O.B. was a great idea. Admittedly, there were other great ideas that didn't make it into the game, but why take it out on R.O.B.? He's 1st party and is from his own series, so he didn't take any slots. He has great ground and aerial options, both short-ranged and long-ranged- meaning he's a good fighter (better than some of the other WTF characters from previous titles). I don't see anything wrong with the concept at all.

Also, people who want Bowser Jr.? Hate to break it to ya, but Sakurai would've turned him into a Bowser clone. (Hey, I wanted him, too.)

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B.'s final smash kind of blows is one thing though. I mean sure its a constant attack but it looks kinda gay and doesnt do a ton of damage or knockback. Of course after watching some final smashes, not many of them seem that strong damage-wise

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
R.O.B.'s final smash kind of blows is one thing though. I mean sure its a constant attack but it looks kinda gay and doesnt do a ton of damage or knockback. Of course after watching some final smashes, not many of them seem that strong damage-wise
Like Donkey Kong's? Click the **** link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n7UvTc4jWEc

T0MMY

Smash Master
R.O.B. almost took Mario's spot, but they managed to get Mario in on time. They did this by cutting out Megaman, Cloud, Sephiroth, Simon Belmont, Soma Cruz, Hitler, Jesus, and Your Mom from the roster.

It was all worth it.

DQP

Smash Ace
oh come on! ROB has had a significant place in nintendo's history! his games (gyromite and stack-up) did suck, but still! he's had many references too, such as in f-zero, pikmin, mario kart, and this. so respect the robot, yo.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I respect R.O.B. I just dont really feel that he necessarily needed a spot as a playable character in brawl. I think that he definetely has some potential elsewhere but not as a fighter. I mean in rl hes about a foot tall but he's super-sized in brawl so idk why that makes any difference because technically Capt. Olimar is the size of a quarter... regardless I think that he should have become something other than a playable character but I do respect what he has accomplished.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Lol.

How many of you haters have played the game?

How many of you are just mad because ROB wasn't Geno/Ridley?

I haven't played Brawl at all yet, but from multiple videos I have seen he has potential, stop hating.

As far as him "not deserving the spot", he did, he was just totally unexpected. Most of you kids didn't even know ROB unless it was from Mario Kart DS...=\

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Lol most gamers I asked didn't even know/care who Geno was.

ROB is cool.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I've been a huge ROB supporter for over a year now, and I've got to say there isn't a single character in existance that deserved the final spot on the roster more than he. Not only he is a pop culture icon, a retro gaming legend and and a character with a ton of personality but his game saved the NES - nay, the videogame industry - nay, the WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!!! Only a fool would question his worthiness.

ROB owns. End of story.

c4pt41n 0l1m4r

Smash Rookie
what are you guys smoking crack, that's it, im done with this ROB thread. Im sorry for starting this post, it has no end and it's basically flames back and forth between opinions. I respect R.O.B., don't know much about him, but think himself in general is a stupid idea to be in brawl, and sayin this doesn't mean im saying he'll suck a** in brawl, i dont even own the game yet. Conclusion: im not a hater, just thought putting R.O.B. in brawl was stupid and a bit dissapointing. And just because he saved the video game industry(wether he did or not, i've never heard of it until now), doesn't mean he should be in, hell, even if he pulled out of the war in Iraq and found a cure for cancer, i still wouldn't want him in the game. well, that's it, see u guys on a different thread.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The main thing with ROB is that he just wasn't that WANTED (as far as I can tell).

What I mean by that is, he did not have the kind of ridiculous following that other characters had. Forget about his history, forget about how overrated the other characters might've been. The fact is, ROB supporters seemed few and far between before he was confirmed (or were at least very quiet). Characters like Krystal and Ridley were WORSHIPED.

Whether he saved the gaming industry or not, he just isn't the type of character that most people want to play as (until they find out his moveset WRECKS people). Krystal, Ridley, Geno — they had enormous followings just because people loved them as characters. With ROB, what I mostly read is "His moveset is so good!" or "He saved video games!"

I hardly ever see anyone saying "I love his personality," or "He was one of my favorite toys growing up," or anything like that.

My point is, I understand some of the animosity. Some people were expecting their favorite character to have a spot practically reserved for them in Brawl. They didn't get it. And on top of that, a character who had virtually no fanbase before his confirmation is in instead. I can see how that might seem like a slap in the face to some people.

That said, it's not specifically ROB's fault that those characters aren't in. I'm sure if all those "shoe-in" characters had made it, very few people would be complaining. But in a way, ROB symbolizes the fact that Sakurai deemed those characters so unworthy of Brawl that he'd rather put a novelty toy in the game than them.

But I never cared much for Ridley and Krystal, and I'll take ROB over Geno any day.

Kirbykares

Smash Cadet
Finally, january 31, the game was released in japan, and within a few days tons of information and videos leaked out on the internet. With a grin, i soon discovered that some of the best characters returned, like marth, captain falcon, Luigi, and ness (well, ness kinda blows). I was really excited when i found out that wolf was joining the fight. Don't get me wrong, toon link licks balls too, but i expected something stupid like that, replacing one clone with an almost exact clone. But then i look at the final rouster, and there at the bottom i see R.O.B. At that moment, i died a little inside. I couldn't believe they wasted their time on a character that no one gives a s*** about. There was so many other characters they could of designed, like ridley or, idk, MEGAMAN. Hell, I WOULD OF WELCOMED BACK PICHU WITH OPEN ARMS! I guess what im trying to say is that R.O.B.'s a horrible idea, and he'll probably be the last character to get, just like mr. Game and Watch. Besides that, the game looks awesome, and i look forward to kicking all my friends a$$e$ at brawl.
**** you and your R.O.B hate.

_NeXuS_

Smash Cadet
really it's all a matter of preference. ROB is a pretty cool and nostagic character to have in the game. he's a part of nintendo's and more over the video game industry's history. plus he's got a pretty cool move set if you ask me. lazer eyes FTW!

Meangreenguy

Smash Rookie
R.O.B. was a great addition. He sells the game better than Geno can! Most people who will buy the game can't date back to remember Geno.
sory, but thats a fail, anybody who grew up with the Snes know him, and that's a big bunch

ROB is cool, but they could have postponed it back as long as they wished if they added GENo

! heart geno!

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
I just say, that i dont like R.O.B. at all.. he and G&W is those types of character that i dont want to unlock, but i have to, for beating the game -.-

So i dont think he has anythig to do here, only reason is because Sakurai wanted someone so he could make lazer kirby -.-

IrishSheikah

Smash Journeyman
I just say, that i dont like R.O.B. at all.. he and G&W is those types of character that i dont want to unlock, but i have to, for beating the game -.-

So i dont think he has anythig to do here, only reason is because Sakurai wanted someone so he could make lazer kirby -.-
YOU!........R.O.B. hater..........You make me angry!

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
lol this whole thread has become really funny. Anyways I respect and like R.O.B. as a Nintendo icon and savior of the world. Other than that though I probably won't play him because he doesn't seem like a fighter to me or somebody I could play as (though apparently his move set is incredible).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Do you even know anything about ROB?

He's much more applicable for a roster seat in Brawl then Ridley or Megaman combined.
Exactly. And I dont appreciate you bringing the hate on Toon Link either. Everyone in the roster is there for a reason.

Arent we past this "B!thcing about characters getting in we hate for reasons we dont understand" stage?

Do you even know WHY ROB is important to Nintendo? apparently not. go diaf.

And get out of the ROb forums with this hate. Youre not wanted here.

P.S. plenty of people wanted ROB. You dost phail.

Top Bottom