• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. = worst character in smash history

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
Well Lets See.
Smash 64 Jiggly Puff (boo!)
Smash borthers Meele Game&Watch (BOO!)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl R.O.B. (BOO! BOO! YOU SUK SAKURA BOO! AAAH **** AND PILLAGE!)

There's one in every game.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
To the OP:

I thought we all got over the 'boo-hoo roster unhappiness!!!!11" weeks ago. R.O.B. is as valid a character if not more than many others on the roster, despite your opinion (though you are entitled to it and many other people likely share it). I could start a thread about how Toon Link or Wolf doesn't deserve to be in Brawl and state numerous dubious and half-true reasons entirely based on opinion, especially since on Jan. 29th I despised all three of these characters, but after a few days my lack-of-Geno induced rage gave way to rational thought and I accepted the fact that we, the fans, blew this entire roster WAY out of proportion. R.O.B. is a central character to this roster, mainly because there are too many reps from newer series and only a handful from NES (Mario/DK are technically arcade characters and most NES characters have been tweaked or their appearances changed to later incarnations from later generations.) I personally am not an NES fan, I think the graphics could use work, but what would I know, I was raised on SNES.

Also, by hating on Robot you are indirectly hating on ROBKirby, whose 'BEEP' I find highly amusing.

To sum it up, R.O.B. and his d-air FTW.

Smash Ace
To the OP:

I thought we all got over the 'boo-hoo roster unhappiness!!!!11" weeks ago. R.O.B. is as valid a character if not more than many others on the roster, despite your opinion (though you are entitled to it and many other people likely share it). I could start a thread about how Toon Link or Wolf doesn't deserve to be in Brawl and state numerous dubious and half-true reasons entirely based on opinion, especially since on Jan. 29th I despised all three of these characters, but after a few days my lack-of-Geno induced rage gave way to rational thought and I accepted the fact that we, the fans, blew this entire roster WAY out of proportion. R.O.B. is a central character to this roster, mainly because there are too many reps from newer series and only a handful from NES (Mario/DK are technically arcade characters and most NES characters have been tweaked or their appearances changed to later incarnations from later generations.) I personally am not an NES fan, I think the graphics could use work, but what would I know, I was raised on SNES.

Also, by hating on Robot you are indirectly hating on ROBKirby, whose 'BEEP' I find highly amusing.

To sum it up, R.O.B. and his d-air FTW.
QFT.

@Topic starter: Haitng ROB isn't going to get him off the roster. if you hate him, don't play as him. Either way, he'sstill in ur gamez, pwning ur n00bz

=2007=

Jacobcc

Smash Journeyman
Finally, january 31, the game was released in japan, and within a few days tons of information and videos leaked out on the internet. With a grin, i soon discovered that some of the best characters returned, like marth, captain falcon, Luigi, and ness (well, ness kinda blows). I was really excited when i found out that wolf was joining the fight. Don't get me wrong, toon link licks balls too, but i expected something stupid like that, replacing one clone with an almost exact clone. But then i look at the final rouster, and there at the bottom i see R.O.B. At that moment, i died a little inside. I couldn't believe they wasted their time on a character that no one gives a s*** about. There was so many other characters they could of designed, like ridley or, idk, MEGAMAN. Hell, I WOULD OF WELCOMED BACK PICHU WITH OPEN ARMS! I guess what im trying to say is that R.O.B.'s a horrible idea, and he'll probably be the last character to get, just like mr. Game and Watch. Besides that, the game looks awesome, and i look forward to kicking all my friends a$$e$ at brawl.
Are you kidding me!?. R.O.B is an amazing choice for a smash character! (Better than Pichu IMO). :chuckle:

rob is ugly as hell, and shouldnt have made it in at all his final smash is dumb and he looks like crap
Well his Final Smash can't be as bad as Peach's.

§leepy God

Smash Master
OMG! R.O.B is in the background of Port Town stage too!

He is EVERYWHERE!!1!
OMG!!! I did not notice him on that stage. XD Great find on my book.

Since I'm not a fan of that character, I would not like him for that, but if he was wearing an Issac costume than I'll love him more, lol.

rob is ugly as hell, and shouldnt have made it in at all his final smash is dumb and he looks like crap
Wow, I hope you was being sarcastic, becasue it sounded like you didn't see how ROB killed a lot of people with his Final Smash. That's like seeing DK Final Smash being used by beginners and such. So don't be too quick to judge, K.

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
R.O.B. is so important to nintendo they gave him a R.O.B. shaped controller(R.O.B. and his body act as a controller)

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
The Executive what i meant by

R.O.B. is so important to nintendo they gave him a R.O.B. shaped controller(R.O.B. and his body act as a controller

i meant that as revolutionalry to nintendo. Since he acted as a cpu in the game i believe.

and a slime controller isnt a good comparison because that was probly released when the game came out, and was speacal edition. R.O.B. however kept selling the game/ controller for a while much much longer than a speacal edition.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Ok I'm not going to cry and complain about why R.O.B. is a horrible or great choice for brawl. He is vital to Nintendo history and therefore deserving of some recognition but I don't believe becoming a playable character was necessarily a great choice. I kind of refuse to watch any videos on the game because I want most of the game to be not spoiled (characters were already spoiled for me by my friend). I think R.O.B. could have been an assist character or something but like I said: He shouldn't have become a playable character. And honestly he can't be much worse than Game and Watch (apologies to those who like him I just really don't). Anything you feel like complaing about this post feel free to. Sorry if this ends up double posting my internet is being a pain.

c4pt41n 0l1m4r

Smash Rookie
Let me try to clerify what i was trying to say. It seems to me there are three types of people who post here. people who understand what im saying and agree, people who understand what im saying and don't agree, and then there's people who have no idea what im saying and think im just talking s*** about rob. what i mean, and what i probably should hagve said in the beginning, is that rob is worst character IDEA in smash history (to actually make it in the rouster, of course), he's just some cartoony robot thing that i've seen one time before, and that was in mario kart DS(and yes, i thought it was a stupid idea to put him in there).I'm not saying that R.O.B. as a character in the game is stupid (considering i don't own the game yet), im just saying him being in the game is stupid. Ill admit, a couple of his moves look pretty powerful, but its just....................yea, no. Not a good idea(IN MY OPINION). And for those people that say he didnt take anyones spot, that there was no limit, thats not what i said at all. I ment that they shouldn't of wasted their time on designing robs moves, and his motions, and that they should of designed a more fitting character such as bowser jr., ridley, or king k. Rool. And it's not that i dont like robots, i freakin love robots, whats not to like. A hard, cold metal killing machine, without the human emotions like fear and pitty, but in my book, R.O.B. just doesnt fit those descriptions. And i no he's in the game, and so it's done, im just saying it was a dumb idea in my opinion. And yes, i realize for my fault for putting "R.O.B. = worst character in smash history", but i just wanted to draw people in to my opnion. And Lets not kid ourselfs, i think we all know Pichu was the worst character in smash history, And Toon link should be called young link 2. Anyways, hope that clears some things up.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
yea I think that helped a little bit and I agree with you completely. Though I don't like your choices of other character possibilities that they could have worked on *sniff*poor Mewtwo** but Ridley would've been cool.

Brawler19

Smash Apprentice
Finally, january 31, the game was released in japan, and within a few days tons of information and videos leaked out on the internet. With a grin, i soon discovered that some of the best characters returned, like marth, captain falcon, Luigi, and ness (well, ness kinda blows). I was really excited when i found out that wolf was joining the fight. Don't get me wrong, toon link licks balls too, but i expected something stupid like that, replacing one clone with an almost exact clone. But then i look at the final rouster, and there at the bottom i see R.O.B. At that moment, i died a little inside. I couldn't believe they wasted their time on a character that no one gives a s*** about. There was so many other characters they could of designed, like ridley or, idk, MEGAMAN. Hell, I WOULD OF WELCOMED BACK PICHU WITH OPEN ARMS! I guess what im trying to say is that R.O.B.'s a horrible idea, and he'll probably be the last character to get, just like mr. Game and Watch. Besides that, the game looks awesome, and i look forward to kicking all my friends a$$e$ at brawl.
First of all your theard fails no one agrees with you Secondly Ness doesn't blow and you lick balls not Toon Link so please do us all a big favor and stfu

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
First of all your theard fails no one agrees with you Secondly Ness doesn't blow and you lick balls not Toon Link so please do us all a big favor and stfu
sorry but I do have to say that as far as Legend of Zelda games go, Wind Waker was by far the worst. I had to force myself to play through it and I don't think I beat it because I couldn't stand the horrid graphics. Having the cel link (or toon link as everybody seems to be calling it) was a horrid idea seeing as they cut young link just to add a new clone

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Wow, if we made a thread about every bad idea that ever happened in gaming, SWF would have 30 times more threads than it does now.

I don't know what compelled you to make this thread on the ROB board of all places, what did you expect? A cookie and a standing ovation?

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
I think all characters in the game deserved their spot.
I dont think anyone of them is the worst.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
sorry but I do have to say that as far as Legend of Zelda games go, Wind Waker was by far the worst. I had to force myself to play through it and I don't think I beat it because I couldn't stand the horrid graphics. Having the cel link (or toon link as everybody seems to be calling it) was a horrid idea seeing as they cut young link just to add a new clone
WIND WAKER WAS NOT THE WORST ZELDA GAME EVER, WAND OF GAMELON IS!!!!!

Geez, most people would say Wind Waker was the most rememberable. Your the first person I know that said that. But I heard worst, someone said that Ocarina of Time was the worst. LOL

But what does this have to do with this topic?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
When ROB was confirmed, I got up and danced. He is NOT a waste of space, he OWNS, and was a very worthy addition. That, and he ***** the **** out of most other characters.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Everyone that says there was no limit on characters is wrong. Nintendo had a given amount of time to produce the game. If they had not wasted their time on R.O.B., a character infinitely more useful, such as Bowser Jr., could have been put in to the game. Yes, they could have delayed it further, but they had already disappointed the people waiting so many times that they couldn't have done it again. Ya, R.O.B. is an iconic figure that saved Nintendo, blah, blah, blah, it doesn't mean he can fight. All he's good for is a museum. He does not belong in smash bros. R.O.B. needs to die.

:uzi: (*R.O.B. is here*) :bigrocket:

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Everyone that says there was no limit on characters is wrong. Nintendo had a given amount of time to produce the game. If they had not wasted their time on R.O.B., a character infinitely more useful, such as Bowser Jr., could have been put in to the game. Yes, they could have delayed it further, but they had already disappointed the people waiting so many times that they couldn't have done it again. Ya, R.O.B. is an iconic figure that saved Nintendo, blah, blah, blah, it doesn't mean he can fight. All he's good for is a museum. He does not belong in smash bros. R.O.B. needs to die.

:uzi: (*R.O.B. is here*) :bigrocket:
have you played brawl? Do you know how he fights? Who says Bowser Jr. would have been better? (For the record i would have loved bowser jr. to be in brawl) . The point is this isnt fact like you play it off to be, it is merely your opinion.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
WIND WAKER WAS NOT THE WORST ZELDA GAME EVER, WAND OF GAMELON IS!!!!!

Geez, most people would say Wind Waker was the most rememberable. Your the first person I know that said that. But I heard worst, someone said that Ocarina of Time was the worst. LOL

But what does this have to do with this topic?
the only reason this got brought into the topic was because the original post said something about toon link sucking balls. and i know a bunch of people who share my opinion but thats all it is, an opinion.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Look, ROB is simply Nintendos way of putting in an iconic piece of Nintendo history instead of a blue, pellet shooting human who rode on the slogan "Sega does what Nintendon't". That'd motivate me to put him in.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
uh Megaman's from capcom.

still I think this topic is stupid. Okay so you don't ike ROB, heck I don't never liked Roy in melee but I accepted him as a smash bros. at the time because he was i the game. I mean how can you hate ROb and completely forget G&W who is much more obscure and random but they fit, because they are icionic......that's what this game is about,...Nintendo's icons in the battle of the century. And pichu.........well pichu never belonged in brawl and only entry was thanks to a shortage of time. Why not make ariados playable for that matter.

I like Ridley but nintendo felt that they didn't have the neccesities to make him playable so it's best they didn't because forcing out a character you don't think works never does. He'll be a smash bros........one day

Top Bottom