• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Video Archive thread

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Listing here videos of ROB play from Smash 3DS. If you want a video edited into the OP, leave a reply with them. Organization will be light initially, but I'll spruce it up as time goes on. If at all possible, keep videos to the Wii U version and offline.

Villager
Chibo (ROB) vs Keitaro (Villager/Link)

Link
Chibo (ROB) vs Keitaro (Villager/Link)

Donkey Kong
Chibo (ROB) vs Eli (DK/Mega Man)

Mega Man
Chibo (ROB) vs Eli (DK/Mega Man)

Dark Pit
Miidas (ROB) vs Zeus (Dark Pit)
Chibo (ROB) vs Nyani (Dark Pit)

Rosalina
Miidas (ROB) vs Dabuz (Rosalina)

Yoshi
Miidas (ROB) vs Zeus (Yoshi)

Mario
Chibo (ROB) vs Nyani (Mario) -
Duck Hunt
Chibo (ROB) vs RJ (Duck Hunt)

Pit
Chibo (ROB) vs Nyani (Pit) -

Ness
Chibo (ROB) vs NAKAT (Ness/Fox)

Fox
Chibo (ROB) vs NAKAT (Ness/Fox)

Robin
Vinnie (ROB) vs Xzax (Robin)

Bowser Jr.
Vinnie (ROB) vs Xzax (Bowser Jr)

Pac-Man
Miidas (ROB) vs Killanator (Pac-Man) -
Sonic
GwJ (ROB) vs Camalange (Sonic)

Wii Fit Trainer
GwJ (ROB) vs Shippo (Wii Fit Trainer/Sheik)

Sheik
GwJ (ROB) vs Shippo (Wii Fit Trainer/Sheik)

Other
ROB Is A Fun Character
RED ROCKET R.O.B.

Last edited:

Iko-Seiko

Smash Apprentice
Wowwwww look at the almighty Ancient Minister El Chibo getting bopped by that no-name mario girl~

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wowwwww look at the almighty Ancient Minister El Chibo getting bopped by that no-name mario girl~
I separated Tournament and Casuals for a reason ;)
01000111 01000101 01010100 00100000 01000010 01001111 01000100 01001001 01000101 01000100

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU02aPG_a2E&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

Oracle (ROB) vs Infinity (Samus)
Pretty cool match with some funny moments and close calls.

EDIT even more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r99sm4f3lw&index=107&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

PWing (Villager) vs Oracle (ROB)

...And more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQyWqt0iOT4&index=114&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

Bwett (Little Mac) vs Oracle (ROB)

EDIT Keeps on going: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P4AUEbl4Rw&index=115&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

Zeph (ZSS) vs Oracle (ROB)
Very exciting matchup.

When you think it's over: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAUEr_oddxw&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg&index=120

TheNotSoShyGuy (Little Mac/Shulk) vs Oracle (ROB)
Another exciting matchup.

That's all for now. Note that they are all part of a tournament. With @ DJ3DS DJ3DS video included.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hi. As ROB is among my mains, he'll get coverage in my channel. Here's a good match I had vs a Japanese player.

LIQUIDFGC :4rob: vs 卓:4robinf:

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
More from the tournament! Great ROB

Last edited:

LV_Navi

Smash Rookie
Some matches in an exhibition at the end of our FGC meet up. Don't mind the commentary to much they are street fighter players (although I think they did fine).

ROB vs Toon Link

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Me (R.O.B.) vs. Gobi (Diddy/Mario)

Right off the bat I noticed I was shielding waaay too much and I messed up a B-reverse laser early game 2. Anything else I did wrong or need to improve on?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Pretty good representation of a ROB & Sheik team in dubz.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Me (R.O.B.) vs. Gobi (Diddy/Mario)

Right off the bat I noticed I was shielding waaay too much and I messed up a B-reverse laser early game 2. Anything else I did wrong or need to improve on?
Not organized well, but I hope this helps!

Game 1:
You seemed a bit excessive with your rolling. You landed a nair, but instead of following up with fair, you rolled into dtilt which probably was escapable.

I notice you like to dtilt pressure into gyro. Which got me to thinking: perhaps if you dtilt > gyro their shield, I wonder if you can then try to use a side b on their shield in order to shield poke? Hmm.. I'll def try to test that out some time. You should too! Also, you should consider grabbing or dash attacking out of dtilt. If you go for a grab and they trip or shield, you win. If you dash attack, if they DI poorly, you get an utilt to some follow-up options. If they DI away, fair them or jump and gyro them (if that works).

You kept moving a lot while boxxing your opponent away which was good. It's really difficult to get inside of ROB's space when you keep moving like that. Staying light on your feet so to speak.

You opted for an usmash instead of a safe grab (which would have killed too) when he was trying to land at @1:10

Enjoyed the nair to usmash at 1:50

Seemed to cover his ledge get up pretty well. I didn't see any gyros near the ledge tho =/

Fishing for airdodges out of downthrow was good. Just gotta land the up air once you get the read.

Game 2:
Against Mario, I think that you have to stay very active on him and keep in his face since he has the ability to shut down our camp game. This is tricky because Mario's inside game can be lethal. But you seemed to outclass him pretty well in this department.

This dude rolled a lot and doing in-place SH nairs would have been really handy for that. Sometimes you were trying to dtilt him but he would just roll by you and smack ya for it.

What I'd like to see more of:
-Jabs! You did them. I thought there were time where there could be more. But you did follow up your nair landings with them which is good!
-Utilt!
-Better dtilt followups.
-I didn't see you go for more than one pivot grab while he was landing (I could be mistaken). You either respected his landings or you went for a different followup. Pivot grabbing allows us to create safe space. And it makes us seem harmless which a lot of time keeps their offensive options at bay.
-Not sure if you had the chance to, but I always love seeing b-reverse gyro cancels ;)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
If people want to send me their replay data for any tournament games, let me know please. I've got a capture card to start uploading some vids. Most of the videos here are 3ds too and a bit outdated probs.

I'll put up some of mine soon :) would love some feedback too!

Last edited:

al-LAYN

Smash Cadet
Really wish there were move videos out there featuring Rosaluma. It's one of R.O.B.'s hardest MUs, not to mention that it simply just benefits Rosaluma more. In my opinion, it's his hardest MU, especially when just considering her Down-B alone. Anyways, probably not the thread to discuss it, but just something that I wanted to share since I find the MU very stressful to handle.

Last edited:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Really wish there were move videos out there featuring Rosaluma. It's one of R.O.B.'s hardest MUs, not to mention, that it simply just benefits Rosaluma more. In my opinion, it's his hardest MU, especially when just considering her Down-B alone. Anyways, probably not the thread to discuss it, but just something that I wanted to share since I find the MU very stressful to handle.
I'll try to get some vids up of me in that MU soon.

Top Bottom