• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B.'s best & worst match ups.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
**** stole my thunder lol... awesome first time ive posted somthing that helped it feels good =D
hadn't thought about it before then... then did it to my little bro when he tried his glide under the stage. He couldn't up+b back ^_^

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Lol, yes, I've done it to a few Up+Bing Pits, so they never do it anymore when they play me, lol.

Pits are easy as hell to play.

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
Bad pits are easy to play but Campy pits that know how to arrow are hard to face because ROB only has one aireal without start up time and his projectiles also have start up time so you have to play on the ground most of the time plus the fact that he has 2 reflectors means he can out camp you because when you can actually get a lazer or gyro off it ends up in your face unless you angled the lazer so pit should be equal or a > IMO

Edit: Gimping pit is also a pain in the *** and i (dont know about any of you guys ) find it nearly impossible only if the pit is ******** he will set him self up for one or a quick lazor when he does an up+b

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nacker, why don't you just forward air his arrows?

Also, the best way I've found to gimp Pit is to backthrow him, then do a forward air and go above him, then footstool him. It works well at low %, because then they have to use several of their jumps to get back to the stage; that means one or two more hits and they have to up+b... and we all know what that means!

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
Nacker, why don't you just forward air his arrows?

Also, the best way I've found to gimp Pit is to backthrow him, then do a forward air and go above him, then footstool him. It works well at low %, because then they have to use several of their jumps to get back to the stage; that means one or two more hits and they have to up+b... and we all know what that means!
hmm ive never seen this post and its been like 5 days -_- also the extreme amount of gay that is arrow camping cant be stoped by Fair because the time i do one he shoots under or he shots on top of me so its pretty useless

Overswarm

is laughing at you
hmm ive never seen this post and its been like 5 days -_- also the extreme amount of gay that is arrow camping cant be stoped by Fair because the time i do one he shoots under or he shots on top of me so its pretty useless
fastfall sir

short hop fair first arrow, fastfall fair second. He shoots a grand total of 4 arrows before he is in a dangerous position.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Please look up "Overswarm" in the dictionary, or ask someone from the Midwest to receive a full out answer.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you're the overswarm of the east, you have to make people hate you because they don't enjoy playing the game with you.

Your first goal is to run the time out twice in the same set, even though you don't need to.

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
If i can get video evidence of me completing the task on Saturday at yosters biweekly it will be posted if not then Chozen will be more than glad to retell the amazing journey of 4% lazors and 19% gyros and winning in Sudden death only using projectile spam

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Link gives ROB hell. Because of ROB's size and average ground and air speed (different than attack speed) Link's projectiles are annoying as ****. ROB's forward b is slow piece of **** and doesn't even work against bombs.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think I figured out the spacies match up. I think I remember someone saying that they were tough ones to beat. My friend normally plays Falco and Fox and beats my GaW (my main) fairly often but then last friday I picked up rob.

Needless to say, ROB is amazing. I can camp to make him approach me, and then destroy him with downsmash, Uair, Fair. Or just end up throwing him backwards off the stage and try to gimp him.

I pretty much broke his soul and he was pissed at how much I camped even though I would just bait him into coming at me.

Moral of the story, I LOVE ROB and think I found another main to go along with GaW.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
I think snake deserves a "¿" because usually the match is depentent on 2 factors:

the stage
the strategy Snake uses

Snake is a very campy character and if left alone he can make you go through HELL with his weapons (a pain in the a** in team battles on large stages)... In a flat stage ROB has the advantage since Snake is not protected by the terrain...

now for the strategy, I have little or no problem with Snakes who go in close combat...but I brawled someone a while ago who SPAMMED dropping grenades and using the U-smash slide like crazy...with grenades making me fly up and then finishing me off with the U-smash. I haven't fought him in a while but he was the only Snake that was able to beat me so far... (then again I only fought like 3)

like I said before, I think Snake deserves a "¿"
If you think about it, you have three projectiles in this match-up, lasers, gyros, and HIS grenades. Has anyone tried picking up his grenades from the floor and throwing them back at him¿ That's fun ****.

chckn

Smash Ace
after watching OS v Anther vids and playing myself, i have come to the conclusion that pika is one of the most difficult matchups for rob. Especially on FD. and for some reason i noticed that alot of times pika manages to be out of the hitbox for rob's fsmash even when he should be hit from it.

Sudai

Stuff here
If you think about it, you have three projectiles in this match-up, lasers, gyros, and HIS grenades. Has anyone tried picking up his grenades from the floor and throwing them back at him¿ That's fun ****.
Good snakes will cook their grenades or just strip the grenade out of your hands. It's much better to just laser them so they explode on the snake.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
LOL @ Sudai's new sig.. sh*ts 2 1337z0rz.. kewl 4 m3... n0 L135

4 S3r10u5

on a side note.. i am undecided whether to stay Yoshi/TL for my counterpick against MK..

btw... I'll MM anyone for Best Yoshi in the US.

No Jones.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Hmmm, best would have to be people without reliable projectiles or a disjointed hitbox. So that's Yoshi, kirby, and Jiggs he just totally ***** (3 of my most preferred characters too "/). But yeah playing rob I learned that Link is one of the worst since his huge disjointed hitbox and his rapage of projectiles (does better than TL do to TL's tiny little wimpy sword). ROB is a great snake counter btw, his Fair apparently beats out snakes Bair.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Well, I think I figured out the spacies match up. I think I remember someone saying that they were tough ones to beat. My friend normally plays Falco and Fox and beats my GaW (my main) fairly often but then last friday I picked up rob.

Needless to say, ROB is amazing. I can camp to make him approach me, and then destroy him with downsmash, Uair, Fair. Or just end up throwing him backwards off the stage and try to gimp him.

I pretty much broke his soul and he was pissed at how much I camped even though I would just bait him into coming at me.

Moral of the story, I LOVE ROB and think I found another main to go along with GaW.
get out of here bryan your rob sucks

Sudai

Stuff here
LOL @ Sudai's new sig.. ****s too leet.. cool for me... no lies

for serious

on a side note.. i am undecided whether to stay Yoshi/TL for my counterpick against MK..

btw... I'll MM anyone for Best Yoshi in the US.

No Jones.
Fixed and it's not really new. I've been using this sig for like...4 years. lol Only new addition is the cheeze nips part. I just usually use quick reply and I don't bother clicking the "include my signature" option or whatever the ****z that is.

jobcrackerbah

Smash Rookie
Does anyone feel that peach is a hard matchup if R.O.B. is played offensively instead of defensively? Her canceling and great air control makes approaching peach when in the air difficult (where she will be most of them time).

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
Honestly? I think Rob is a lot better than people give him credit for. If a ROB is unable to adapt, then characters with moves that outlast his downsmash will have the advantage. So here's my list:

> Snake : sidestep-->downsmash plus projectiles
< Metaknight : tornado and crazy speed, although ROB has amazing recovery so it's tough for Metaknight to kill him.
< Game and Watch: Not so much from experience but just what I hear.
>> Marth : Honestly. Just sidestep-->downsmash. You'll beat almost anything he can throw at you.
= Falco : Falco can't chainthrow, but he has really cheap projectiles. I'd say it's just about even.

I would do more, but the rest I'm kind of unsure about so I'll just say

ROB > everyone else =-).

null55

Smash Master
My favorite match-up for R.O.B. is definitely [insert character with mediocre recovery].

Ginger

Smash Rookie
I would say the worst match ups for ROB are

Zelda- she can camp effectively while nailing her sweetspots on ROB's enourmas hitbox, has enough quick tilts and smashes to out space rob, reflect move makes anti camping and gyro/laser camping hard

Meta- one of the only characters in the game that can keep up with rob's aerial game, and he has an incredibly strong ground game, and is probably the only character in the game that has the ability to kill ROB at lower percents (30-70)

Pit- decent reflect moves, good spamming/camping game, amazing recovery, tricky to predict sometimes, lacks in the same area that ROB does; killing.

Wolf- Harder to gimp than other spacies, can laser camp extremely effectively while being able to rely on reflecting, good uses of spacing and aerial game, a hard match-up

Other than that I'm not sure of definite counters, I've found that luigi is a match up similar to Doc and Shiek in melee. A good luigi will **** ROB, while a mediocre one will get ***** by ROB. I believe Mario is another tough one.

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice
Honestly? I think Rob is a lot better than people give him credit for. If a ROB is unable to adapt, then characters with moves that outlast his downsmash will have the advantage. So here's my list:

> Snake : sidestep-->downsmash plus projectiles
< Metaknight : tornado and crazy speed, although ROB has amazing recovery so it's tough for Metaknight to kill him.
< Game and Watch: Not so much from experience but just what I hear.
>> Marth : Honestly. Just sidestep-->downsmash. You'll beat almost anything he can throw at you.
= Falco : Falco can't chainthrow, but he has really cheap projectiles. I'd say it's just about even.

I would do more, but the rest I'm kind of unsure about so I'll just say

ROB > everyone else =-).
Plus ROB can blow up Snake's explosives with the laser, preventing him from laying mines or throwing grenades. As far as Snake "counters" go ROB is probably the best.

G&W just requires a more offensive mindset, from what I've found.

Stavo

Smash Rookie
Does anyone feel that peach is a hard matchup if R.O.B. is played offensively instead of defensively? Her canceling and great air control makes approaching peach when in the air difficult (where she will be most of them time).
I have the hardest time against good offensive peach players. That chicks feet continuously bash into my robots steel plated head and then the fair comes out (also don't get me started on her *** exploding every 3 secs). She seems very countery towards R.O.B's whole game.

Top Bottom