• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Match-Up Discussion Week #14: CLEAN UP!!!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Vs. ROB is one of the few matchups where just camping for wafts is super viable, b/c we can punish a lot of your things out of shield with a fart... and farting you offstage is cake.

For the record though, the semi charged waft doesn't have that much horizontal range (but it has enough), it's the super charged one that does.

No aerials truly combo into wafts, but some, like weak fair, can make it seem like they do XD Oh, and we love when ROBs try to nair us, especially from slightly above, it's free farts or upairs.

You lose this match as soon as you get airborne... unless you're retreating fairs :p

Sudai

Stuff here
Half waft takes a minute and thirty seconds to charge, right? Then thirty seconds later is the full waft, right? Just keep camping for those 30 seconds. After about a minute, get your gyro in hand and then when he tries to approach glidetoss past him and keep camping. Iunno, I haven't fought many good Warios (and the ones I've fought I haven't fought often), but I don't think it'd be too hard to camp out those thirty seconds. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, just theory crafting here.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Half Waft is 55+, it's just RIDICULOUSLY strong after that.

The Full Waft is it's own bag of worms though, b/c it comes bundled with superarmor and a larger hitbox, so, even though it's knockback is less huge horizontally, it will still kill you guys if you're off the stage.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Diddy: 45-55
Donkey Kong: 55-45
Falco: 45-55
Game and Watch: 45-55
King Dedede: 35-65
Kirby: 45-55
Lucario: 55-45
Mario: 50-50
Marth: 45-55
Metaknight: 30-70
Pikachu: 55-45
Zelda: 55-45
Wario: 60-40

(whoops i seem to be late with this D: Stupid OOS tournaments >__<

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The Warios I've played all just try to peck with aerials, so I guess that's why I've always felt that ROB wins the matchup. I have yet to play a Wario who tries to camp for farts.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
So... next "week's" character is... :)

Giant Edit: Heh, lack of timing for the loss... they should have made it all change at once or something, not one by one =P
Sudai, you should have been the mic00010101001

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I remember that, even though I didn't have an account. I can't say very well but I remember the boards getting painted all painted as Pikachu. Someone should give more detail.

Darkestb4dawn

Smash Rookie
All the other match ups are pretty much what I would say just a couple that didnt get pointed out

Fox: 50:50 to 45:55
Luigi: 60:40

IMO Fox can be tricky has Fair hurts when he is ledge recovering and Utilt can bring up my % fast leadging to a dash Usmash but if u can force him of stage chain Fair can easily gimp him or if he tries to recover with Firefox a Dair can spike him

Pancakesyo

Smash Cadet
All the other match ups are pretty much what I would say just a couple that didnt get pointed out

Fox: 50:50 to 45:55
Luigi: 60:40

IMO Fox can be tricky has Fair hurts when he is ledge recovering and Utilt can bring up my % fast leadging to a dash Usmash but if u can force him of stage chain Fair can easily gimp him or if he tries to recover with Firefox a Dair can spike him
You forget we have shine stall.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
heh. The funny part is that neither side is really right. I guess we'll all just wait until the June list before we bash the SBR =P Good Foxes are scary. Maybe I've just had so much more experience vs falco but i have an easier time against falcos. They're a little too predictable

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter if you have answers to everything if it's a 50:50 guess/mindgame and when you lose it means death :)

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Oh I'd definitely say the matchup is very close, if not in Fox's favor. He does have a lot of tools at his disposal for the matchup. I'm yet to play a very good Fox though so it's hard to say for certain. I'm a proprietor of 50:50.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Fox does well vs ROB and even maybe wins the matchup, but that doesn't mean he's a good character. He has some of the most disgustingly one-sided matchups in the game. People who have never touched Pikachu before can beat good Foxes with him. Gotta love Brawl.

Pancakesyo

Smash Cadet
Fox does well vs ROB and even maybe wins the matchup, but that doesn't mean he's a good character. He has some of the most disgustingly one-sided matchups in the game. People who have never touched Pikachu before can beat good Foxes with him. Gotta love Brawl.
LOL.

not true a good fox can handle a pika.

Its not like we can get infinite :)

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Pikachu, and Sheik, and ZSS... As far as the ROB match-up is concerned, I am thoroughly unconvinced that Fox has an advantage.

Top Bottom