• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R> In-depth Arrow Blitz guide.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
I've been searching these forums for a while for this. Every thread that metnions arrow blitzing or swarming is usally vague. I read Sagemoon's thread on how to make it easier by shooting one upwards and loop one forward, but i do not, for the life of me, know when to pull out the other arrow or what part to loop the first arrow to. Observing videos doesn't help me, I'm not good at educational observation anyway. Help would be appreciated.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I'm afraid that Hayang, the person who created the thread for his arrow blitzing, is the one you should talk to. His thread, along with all the threads on the third page of the forums were deleted...

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Just don't arrow blitz, don't arrow loop. Don't do anything fancy with arrows just shoot them at people.
im gonna have to disagree with this bro, you should prolly edit this to say dont blitz and dont loop in stupid situations, to say that looping is worthless is to say that pits one way to actually do a real combo is worthless, not to mention sagemoon, who is practically a god arrow loops, as does Undrdog, you just have to know when to loop

Exia 00

Smash Champion
im gonna have to disagree with this bro, you should prolly edit this to say dont blitz and dont loop in stupid situations, to say that looping is worthless is to say that pits one way to actually do a real combo is worthless, not to mention sagemoon, who is practically a god arrow loops, as does Undrdog, you just have to know when to loop
If the arrow missed, don't loop it. You can shoot another one.

:008:

Afropony

Smash Lord
If the arrow missed, don't loop it. You can shoot another one.

:008:
If you shoot an arrow miss your target then loop it around while you both walk closer to eachother you can then hit the person with the looped arrow and do whatever else while they're in the hitstun.

Crew

Smash Apprentice
Don't loop? How about...

If you aren't good at arrow looping, don't waste your time. Some of us can actually connect it consistenly.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
Lol, admiral was hella good at the whole blitzin business. Also underdog is really good at it too, he makes me want to do the arrow rain. Sagemoon is my idol and he rarely ever loops nowadays, but i'd like to have more weapons in my arsenal.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Being this particular situation, I have to be completely honest. Your playing from a wifi point of view or small/scrub tournament standards. ARROW LOOPING WILL NOT HELP YOU AGAINST PROS. If you miss an arrow shoot another, regardless of your looping accuracy its faster, more effective, and more pressuring to just shoot arrows curved.

Riku00

Smash Ace
Rouge Pit is right in some sense. Just shoot another arrow. Looping will not phaze a true pro. unless you can loop it and do all types of serious combos and then the arrow come out and hit the dude 30 seconds later...*Just think about how sweet that would be*
But seriousely, don't worry about looping arrows right now. It will take a while for you to get used to doing it. Just keep diong what your doing if it works. I loop my arrows in combat, but whats weird is, i do it at close range more than i it farther away. It does seem to have some affect that worries my opponet because they're worried about the arrow hitting them, but they're even more concerned about me coming to kick their ***. I'm not really that good, but i can get some seriouse combos going that make a really good first impression.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, use your arrows to hit someone when you don't feel like chasing them after they DI, or use them to stun your enemey to keep a combo going. i personally think if used correctly, arrows work better at close range. For the hitstun to keep the combos goin, ya know?

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
Rouge Pit is right in some sense. Just shoot another arrow. Looping will not phaze a true pro. unless you can loop it and do all types of serious combos and then the arrow come out and hit the dude 30 seconds later...*Just think about how sweet that would be*
But seriousely, don't worry about looping arrows right now. It will take a while for you to get used to doing it. Just keep diong what your doing if it works. I loop my arrows in combat, but whats weird is, i do it at close range more than i it farther away. It does seem to have some affect that worries my opponet because they're worried about the arrow hitting them, but they're even more concerned about me coming to kick their ***. I'm not really that good, but i can get some seriouse combos going that make a really good first impression.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, use your arrows to hit someone when you don't feel like chasing them after they DI, or use them to stun your enemey to keep a combo going. i personally think if used correctly, arrows work better at close range. For the hitstun to keep the combos goin, ya know?
I'm quite good at looping ONE arrow, but blitzing not so much. The only real reason why I want to blitz is because i've observed a particular match with Admiral's wifi against Sagemoon's and he busted out a blitz after one of Sage's stock. Obviously one arrow is not going to pressure the opponent as much as multiple arrows. Furthermore, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to do it just based off that video or any other instructional blitzing videos.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
arrow blitzing is worthless

sagemoon doesnt loop as much anymore becuase he used to do it excessively so much so that he would get punished for it

yes its true you can shoot another one faster, however you cant combo off an unlooped arrow

plus have you ever looped an arrow against a falling GnW? they tend to try to bucket it which you can just keep pulling the arrow away and since bucket has some lag it leaves them open, and since you can approach while looping you are actually able to punish his pulling out a bucket

sorry that these arent in typical reply form, but there were a lot of things and frankly im too lazy to quote everyone individually

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Arrow loopig not working on PROS? Not quite, looping is actually a good technique, it confuses the opponent and actually hits them off-guarded.

The looping should be done depending the strategy, cause if you use simply shoot an arrow and hit, u have to be very close to even think of punish your opponent while on hit-stun, and that's even hard cause pit is still finishing his arrow shooting frames.

Regardless to say, if your at a distance, you won't be able to do it, to combo.
The advantage of looping and hitting is that pit is actually free from the shooting frames, therefore ready to slash an attack anytime.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
This is stupid. This argument shows up all the time and their is never any real resolution. Basically, if you like looping and it works well into your style, use it. If you don't like it and see it as worthless, Pit has many other ways of attacking/defending himself. Personally, I use arrows in loops and without loops a lot, either way. They have their advantages and disadvantages.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
This is quite depressing. I dont think we should be so quick to call one of Pit's ultimate mind games an obsolete method. People are too simple nowadays. I like to use looping as a source for mindgames. Sometimes, after i shoot an arrow, i curve it upwards to make it seem like I'm looping it when I'm not. They tend to run up to me, sheild for the arrow, and get punished for it. Or they just stand there sheilding. As far as saying looping will not work against pros, I still have some faith in mindgames.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Arrow loopig not working on PROS? Not quite, looping is actually a good technique, it confuses the opponent and actually hits them off-guarded.

The looping should be done depending the strategy, cause if you use simply shoot an arrow and hit, u have to be very close to even think of punish your opponent while on hit-stun, and that's even hard cause pit is still finishing his arrow shooting frames.

Regardless to say, if your at a distance, you won't be able to do it, to combo.
The advantage of looping and hitting is that pit is actually free from the shooting frames, therefore ready to slash an attack anytime.
Are you serious? Your telling me if you loop an arrow you will confuse m2k and combo him. Looping takes time, you can be punished, if they are offstage returning, depending on where the arrow is you will not get any good effect from it. If you are close to them an looping you will get rushed and *****. You are at a distance hitting the L button kills your entire setup. At a distance where you can *combo* you can get hit or grabbed and the throw or the attack will cancel the attack. The point when hitting someone off is to disadvantage them by position. Than pit can apply good pressure and gimp them, but your saying willingly allow them to return so you can try to *combo* and look pretty-like.
Actually play good people.......

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Are you serious? Your telling me if you loop an arrow you will confuse m2k and combo him. Looping takes time, you can be punished, if they are offstage returning, depending on where the arrow is you will not get any good effect from it. If you are close to them an looping you will get rushed and *****. You are at a distance hitting the L button kills your entire setup. At a distance where you can *combo* you can get hit or grabbed and the throw or the attack will cancel the attack. The point when hitting someone off is to disadvantage them by position. Than pit can apply good pressure and gimp them, but your saying willingly allow them to return so you can try to *combo* and look pretty-like.
Actually play good people.......

Looping is an AT, and its easier for some people than to others simply put. If your not good at this cause you suck at it, ok don't use it, but don't call it useless either.

Even so if you are pretty good at it, but are a bit not that clever to put it to good use, same thing, don't use it, but don't call it useless either.

Plus there also some other things

1) I've played good people, veryy good, actually... the local champion

2) Your enemy won't always know when your looping that's part of the mind game, is he looping is he looping not?

3) If the opponent is flying away well of course you won't always loop, i'd rather bury him with a rain of semi curved arrows to stop him from coming back, and if he's still doing it, then I'll wing refresh and attack him head on, doing a wall of plain if possible, this works wonders.

4) Looping doesn't take much time, besides when you loop pit can actually move forward therefore looping your arrow against your enemy and shortening the distance, the arrow hits, he's stunned for ab it, and you follow up with a Ftilt.
If he shields, then you Grab.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Looping is an AT, and its easier for some people than to others simply put. If your not good at this cause you suck at it, ok don't use it, but don't call it useless either.

Even so if you are pretty good at it, but are a bit not that clever to put it to good use, same thing, don't use it, but don't call it useless either.
Check out my combo video trailer. There is looping because its flashy and looks nice. It only works on noobs generally, and its easy to get around.

1) I've played good people, veryy good, actually... the local champion
The local champions in colombia, are you serious....

2) Your enemy won't always know when your looping that's part of the mind game, is he looping is he looping not?
Because if you see pit walk backwards than crouch you have no idea what hes doing. MINDGAMEZ

3) If the opponent is flying away well of course you won't always loop, i'd rather bury him with a rain of semi curved arrows to stop him from coming back, and if he's still doing it, then I'll wing refresh and attack him head on, doing a wall of plain if possible, this works wonders.
3 things.
1. Wall of pain my friend.
2. Exactly there are better options, spam him/her with arrows while offstage, or pursue.
3. If you knock them knock them off chances are they are at high percent and WoP wont work.

4) Looping doesn't take much time, besides when you loop pit can actually move forward therefore looping your arrow against your enemy and shortening the distance, the arrow hits, he's stunned for ab it, and you follow up with a Ftilt.
If he shields, then you Grab.
Looping does take time, I know you can walk, and I know from experience of playing pit for almost a year. That it isnt good.
Consider this actually try it and see the times it works and divid it by the times you've done it. Look at that number as effectiveness, and I dont mean friendlies. Go to a real tournament with over 50 people and try it.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
As for arrow looping I think you'll see a chance for a good use for it about as often as a jab lock.

I.e not often and almost never against good players. But it's still worth learning for anyone who uses Pit and a guide showing how to do it would certainly not be a big waste of time.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
Love the off-topic conversation, but the real request was for a Arrow blitzing detailed guide, not whether or not arrow looping is affective.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
:O

Hey kids. Racisms bad mmkay, so don't do it, mmkay.
either you are from colorado, or you enjoy southpark, either way, props

rogue i think you are mixing up when to use arrow loops, perhaps thats why you detest them so much.... loops are not always practical, but in an instance where your opponent is at a certain distance and he is approaching looping can be a very useful move

youre right probably not so much on m2k but thats because of his mk usage, and mk is a small fast target. but on larger targets that are a bit slower, say a snake main, then yea its a useful tech... arrows in general are useful against snake, always fun to see him fumble with grenades while being ***** with arrow after arrow

oh and OP sorry for kinda hi-jacking your thread... should we make a separate one?

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
arrow looping is close to pointless...If u are doing it in friendlies and wanna show off fine but in a tourney i recommend not to do it and just shoooooooooooooot your oppent directly. U are left more vulnerable and can hardly move at that. Plus NO pit is always 100% sure that there arrow will hit the person or even come bac around...ANother thing is newbish pits worry about there arrow more then they worry about Pit getting hit just so that they can say "ya i got his *** with my arrow"..Woopdi****ingdue u delt him 5% and he ko'd ur ***...All Pits should kno how to loop but its not neccessary to win..

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Ok Roguey-chan i am not gonna start a pointless discussion but... man even though I'm kinda new to posting (cause since melee I've read this forum) you really sound n00bish and for your own sake just watch for certain comments.

Your free not to loop, don't worry there's no law against that so cheers.

The local champions in colombia, are you serious....
The world is very big my friend, and yes even Colombia where i am there's lots of serious brawlers, and no i didn't play the Colombian champion when i said "local" i meant by city, didn't say "national champion", though I've played other players from the region too. You should come sometime of course don't blame if you get your a** whipped out.

Because if you see pit walk backwards than crouch you have no idea what hes doing. MINDGAMEZ
And on a friendly side-note, if pit shoots the arrow while jumping, the crouching animation won't show so its harder to figure out. check on that ok? :D
Plus arrow looping is not limited to go in a circle, you can actually shoot upwards curve and then hit downwards ya know that? Guess not…

3 things.
1. Wall of pain my friend.
2. Exactly there are better options, spam him/her with arrows while offstage, or pursue.
3. If you knock them knock them off chances are they are at high percent and WoP wont work.
1. Your right its of pain, an l kinda got in there, somehow.... xD
2. When i said RAIN of semi curved arrows i meant what you call "arrow spamming", but lets face it spamming sounds pretty lame and n00bish.
3. *sigh* i guess i didn't capitalized the words “Do a wall of pain IF POSSIBLE”. Also by wing refreshing you can deliver a lethal blow if the opponent is far away and with high %. Pit will just jump again and return to the stage.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
hey... I wrote my post right after rogue pit's reply, at 4:15 P.M weird... anyways, oh well... sorry we're going off-topic.

S.D

Smash Master
Arrow blitzing is flashy but isn't exactly an important technique.

Extremely hard to pull off in an aggressive match and for all the hassle what's the maximum damage you can get out of it?

If you can work it into a match effectively then power to you but I don't believe it's worth worrying too much about, unless you want to look classy when crushing noobs.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
looping alone is the ultimate mindgame you would be suprised what it did to some good ppl at wato5
now swarming people are like omg whats happenening and then you can d-smash them for the kill

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Arrow blitzing is flashy but isn't exactly an important technique.

Extremely hard to pull off in an aggressive match and for all the hassle what's the maximum damage you can get out of it?

If you can work it into a match effectively then power to you but I don't believe it's worth worrying too much about, unless you want to look classy when crushing noobs.
second that partner.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
I just want to note, Undr, who is godly with arrows, once stated that he could perform any move while looping arrows. So that shoots down you being vulnerable while looping arrows. If a good player isn't vulnerable, then there is no real disadvantage to shooting, except maybe slower firing rate.

rinoH

Smash Lord
lol looping is not a mindgame to me its more of a fun thing to do
and can reach places where you cant really hit if you shoot
in one direction like the lip of fd

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Why is Pit forums filled with inexperienced idiots?
Arzengel your logic is ********.
Phainge undr doesnt go to tournaments, you cant possibly base your knowledge from someone who is inexperienced in the field. YOU CANNOT PREFORM ANYTHING YOU WANT WHEN YOU SPECIFIC DI PLACED ON YOUR CHARACTER!!

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Ok Roguey-chan i am not gonna start a pointless discussion but... man even though I'm kinda new to posting (cause since melee I've read this forum) you really sound n00bish and for your own sake just watch for certain comments.
I sound like a noob... Right.

And on a friendly side-note, if pit shoots the arrow while jumping, the crouching animation won't show so its harder to figure out. check on that ok? :D
Plus arrow looping is not limited to go in a circle, you can actually shoot upwards curve and then hit downwards ya know that? Guess not…
OMG your jumping away from me, than down than towards me right after you shot an arrow i have no idea what your doing. Also curving on an Y axis is at least 30times harder to hit with a than an Xaxis.

1. Your right its of pain, an l kinda got in there, somehow.... xD
2. When i said RAIN of semi curved arrows i meant what you call "arrow spamming", but lets face it spamming sounds pretty lame and n00bish.
3. *sigh* i guess i didn't capitalized the words “Do a wall of pain IF POSSIBLE”. Also by wing refreshing you can deliver a lethal blow if the opponent is far away and with high %. Pit will just jump again and return to the stage.
Spamming is lame is noobish? I can't address this, it isnt worth my time. You said wing refresh and w/e, you just helped my arguement. The matter of the fact is there is always something better to do, and why not choose your best option.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Rogue Pit get over it... i'm sorry if i said stuff i shouldn't say, i'll make a video to show you what i mean (not here and not now) but hey no resentments, ok? Your a pit user, and therefore a bro in smash, so ya know. Anything else? just PM me.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
haha how cute arzengel and rogue are arguing, wel i think you guys are both wrong

arzengel, rogue is right looping on a y axis is ridiculously too much work and too much time, loops are predictable and i wouldnt specify it as a mindgame, more like a set up for a combo, and spammin is perfectly okay and only noobs consider it noobish

rogue, saying never loop is ridiculous kinda like saying never wing refresh because it takes a little start up time, just because it isnt applicable in EVERY situation doesnt mean that it isnt applicable, i know you arent a noob, but people have different styles and just because people play differently doesnt neccesarily mean one is better then the other, look at sage, he still loops however OCCASIONALLY and only in the right situation

i think we need a thread for when to use certain AT's to clear up some of these disputes of whether AT's are useful or not, most people just dont understand when to use them and thats why they see no worth in them

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Phainge undr doesnt go to tournaments, you cant possibly base your knowledge from someone who is inexperienced in the field. YOU CANNOT PREFORM ANYTHING YOU WANT WHEN YOU SPECIFIC DI PLACED ON YOUR CHARACTER!!
I'm just repeating what he told me before. I think he meant that he was able to keep it looped while performing any attack, not that he necessarily was looping the arrow at the same time. I'm mutual in this argument anyway. I see looping as a good technique to use sparingly, but one that is often emphasized as a technique with more use than it has in reality.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
While talking with smurf and thinking it over, I realize that people will have their own opinions in the matter and I can't change minds even if the counter argument was as ridiculous as it was. Enjoy your arrow looping, also sage doesn't loop in seriously intense matchs.

Top Bottom