• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah I didn't realize until I was randomly getting notifications from one of the threads lol. Also i'm guessing that's the case for a lot of people that used to post here. :p

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I remember how, but I have a god awful time implementing it lol. Depending on the matchup you just toss a nade, see how they react and act accordingly. Pressure with ftilt1, but don't throw it out too much. Just enough to make them respect it. Pivot grabs to stop approaches in general. A good option to get from the ledge and make them respect your other ledge options(which are pretty bad) is to just do a normal stand up and utilt. It's about as unsafe on shiled as normal, but it's really hard for the to challenge and it makes them second guess your options. If they're recovering high mixup with your aerials, because it's worth the risk to catch them off guard and kill them really early. Jab is a good move to just throw out and test the waters, but it's not all to safe in my experience on shield if they are expecting it. Having tap jump on or an extra button for jump lets you jump while cooking a nade and let's you throw nades at extra angles. It's also to find out whether your opponent respects nades or not, because you can/have to play differently depending on how they act around them. If they are aware of nades limitation because of it's timer it's better to cook the nades before throwing them, because those are probably the same people who will instant toss them back at you. If they stay in shield when it's nowhere near blowing up and what not then you can kind of just throw out nades to occupy space and maybe even play a bit more aggressive to take advantage of of their shielding/defensive habits. As far as getting juggled goes you have a bunch of meh options and need to really mixup your opponent to land imo. Some of they better things to help you land are things like waiting until the last second to airdodge, because there are people who try to just wait for airdodges. You can also try for footstools, because people who aren't super amazing at the matchup might misspace themsleves and get too close. It also works on people who shield where you are going to land and don't space themselves right, but if they do space themselves right and you have enough space you can just b-reverse to safety since it's kind of a commitment(more so mentally though). Sometimes just going for the nade trade can be enough to get yourself to land depending on their % and lastly you can always just do the standard bair options. The bair options is moreso if they don't have a move than can beat it, or they mistime/misspace an option. It's also they most expected option. Also landing with a nade has 0 ending lag I believe. Might just be really small though. For C4 I just like to keep it moving, so people have to commit some of their attention to remembering where it is. Also another thing to do with C4 is to just leave it there even if they are just standing under it. Just let them sit there for a second and see how they act, so you can make sure that they aren't just trying to bait you. An approach/general tactic that's kind of hard for aerial opponents to deal with is to just approach backwards with a nade pulled out. I'm probably missing something, but this is just off of the top of my head lol.

I miss the fence we use to post up around here. The good old times.

Should I ever actually find some competitive brawl players I am not certain if I would return to Snake or Falco. Way more practice at Falco, but Snake was way too much fun despite being worse at it.

I am trying to take the approach I am with melee and stick with a single character to get good with. If you think about it. Its hard enough trying to play one game and be good at it let alone 2 maybe 3 if I ever got into P:M.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I usually don't have too big of a problem as long as I don't start mixing characters, but I wouldn't say the level of local competition around me is anything crazy so that may factor into my opinion lol.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
So i was playing a bit of snake earlier at a friends house and i platform canceled on the moving platform on SV i landed on the far left of the platform as it moved to the left as well and i pressed downb immediately after i platform canceled and it just kept doing the same thing over and over without the c4 exploding i seen this same thing or something similar happen in PM i had no idea it could happen in brawl.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Reading all these posts in this old section and threads, it feels like i'm walking through an Ancient City. Wish I was here during brawl to be hyped for snake..

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
This character forum had a lot of traffic back then. It was quite the good one, specially when Ally appeared in the scene.
Yeah.., If only he was in smash 4, maybe the hype would be around the same? I would get to experience it. To me, snake is a pretty hype inducing character, shame he was excluded.
Maybe dlc.?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
The dream. T_T It's a nice thought, but I feel Little Mac's tilts and kill power and Duck Hunt Dog's utility are both aspects taken from Snake, so I kind of don't see it happening even if there is DLC. D:

RATED

Smash Lord
Little Mac is a dream come true for me. I always wanted to play a boxer in smash.

Probably in my country people will play him, Boxing is quite popular here. (Puerto Rico)

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
That's kind of my situation too lmao. I've always found boxers hype in fighting games and seeing as how Snake wasn't in and that Mac hit's like a truck I at least am set on trying to main him or co-main with a character that can cover bad matchups.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
As a snake main, who do you guys recommend I main in smash 4? I might go with Dr.Mario since mario was one of my secondaries, or duck hunt.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Honestly from my experience that's hard to anwser, because from what i've seen with P:M and Smash 4 Snake mains seem to differ in character use in other games. D: You just have to mess around and see who works for you.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
**** this might not even be the right thread. I'm sorry if it isn't. I really miss kjell today and I just want to post it somewhere. I miss that mother ****** so much. I can't even remember his voice & it's killing me today. I can only remember his dumb laugh. I wish he'd just laugh off me crying. I know he probably would. God ****ing damn it.

I am still awaiting the day when Kjell's death was actually a terrible and cruel joke from Minnesota and I can be happy with the idea I can see Kjell again.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Hey Snake Thread. I'm Ekans647. I'm mostly active on the SSB4 Snake DLC Thread and the SSB4 Ike Thread. I've loved Brawl ever since it was first released. I want to become more active in the Smash community and I though this was great place to start.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
I came back to pay my respects to Nappy T____T

It's been a while since you passed man. I looked through my old YT videos and I noticed my very first one (my snake video) you commented. Just wanted to say that life is always moving ahead but thanks, hope you're chillin.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Villager's become my Snake replacement. They're a poor replacement, but I find the playstyle to be the closest thing in 4.

Top Bottom