• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

quotes anyone?

Icon_of_Sin

Smash Apprentice
"There are thousands hacking away at the branches of evil, to one who strikes at it's roots."

Does anyone know who said that one? I can't remember...

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
"Courage is not the absence of fear, it's being scared ****less and going on anyways." - Don't know. (That may or may not be the actual wording.)
This was a ways back but I will comment anyways. John Wayne had a similar quote that went "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." Not sure if thats the one you were looking for, but its close.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll be among the stars." Anon

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
" The golden rule is dems' with the gold rule "

I'm not sure who that one was by but it was funny nonetheless.

" Sir, are you classified as human. Negative I am a meat popsicle"

- Bruce Willis in the movie Fifth Element

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
Living on a bridge is great you can throw the owner uh.... I mean the garbage right over the falls.
-random bean preson

Akiak

Smash Ace
Just one of Confuscious es million sayings:
Its better to lose a lover than to love a loser
If you didn't understand, its saying that its better to lose a person you liked, loved and was happy with, than to love some old freak for the rest of your life.

Jammer

Smash Lord
I can't really think of any quotes on command, except for a few Bible verses I've memorized for Bible school.

Oh wait, I have one:
Albert Einstein said:
God doesn't play dice.
That's all I can think of right now.

I mostly enjoy quotes that make me laugh. These quotes are all from xkcd author Randall Munroe, found in his xkcd comics:

• "In what scientists are calling 'pretty gay', I can't find my shoes. A leading expert characterized the situation as '********'."
  • "My hobby: When the police bust drug hideouts, I sneak in and hide. Then I jump out and startle them into shooting me so they lose points."
  • "When I'm in a rock band, I'm gonna do a cool, mellow song. Then in the middle I'll stop, announce 'this part is just to be an @sshole to people playing Guitar Hero,' and then flail wildly for 30 seconds. And then do it again in a moment now that they're out of Star Power."
  • "Snakes...On EVERY Plane! Much worse than last time."
  • "FVCK Computational Linguistics."
  • "Best thing about having my own apartment: Holding fans in place so they twitch helplessly and make that clicking sound without my mom yelling at me."
  • "Carebearstare."
  • "When I walk past an automatic door and it opens for me, I worry that if I don't go in I'll hurt it's feelings."
  • "And over there we have the Labyrinth guards. One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions."
  • "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I together."
  • "You were once shoved headfirst through someone's v@gina. Why are you acting so dignified?"
  • "You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips. And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips. Maybe I should try your sister instead."

I pretty much idolize Randall Munroe.

Keotalf

Smash Cadet
Spoilers for 1984

Under the spreading chestnut tree
I sold you and you sold me.
There lie they, and here lie we
Under the spreading chestnut tree.

Along with:
He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden underneath the dark mustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breat! Two ginscented tears trickled down the side of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had one the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The pure impact those two have is purely ASTOUNDING, given the final conclusion in the book. The entirety of the last "Part" was spent wondering how he was to
escape
, until
I finally realized, he was totally done for. Through. Kaput. Especially considering the original title was, "The Last Man in Europe", giving the book even more impact, completely stamping out hope.

Also, see sig.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Heh, when I read books, I have this pathological need to open up to the very end and read the last sentence. As you can see from the second spoiler in the post before this one, it pretty much gave away the book for me.

Oh, well. It's still one of my favorite books.

Nedech

Smash Apprentice
"Sometimes it rains on the just, sometimes it rains on the unjust. Sometimes, it just rains."

-Phaze-

Smash Rookie
All the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us!"...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

The Watchmen.

laki

Smash Apprentice
"When your going through hell, keep going."

Winston Church Hill

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
"Being in politics is a lot like being a football coach. You have to be smart enough to know how to play the game and you have to be dumb enough to think its important" - I forget who that one was by

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
^^ "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die."

Thats actually from the movie: 300...
Actually, I'm pretty sure that's been around for a while. I can't be entirely sure, but that's the whole entire Epicurean mindset. I don't have the original source, but I don't think they came up with it.

"It's not about the money we make, it's about the passions that we ache for" - Time & Confusion by Anberlin

"Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
-Ferris Bueller

"American politics is like a constant battle between good and evil, but there is no good." - Zook

"Yes! It was a lot like the Monster Mash, except this was definitely not a graveyard smash." - Matthew Brock from NewsRadio

"I will run the streets and hostile lands/I will touch the rain with all I have/I will breathe the air, to scream it loud/My feet will never touch the ground"
-Heaven by Angels & Airwaves

"It's not the lies that you sing/But what the silence will scream"
-A Whisper & A Clamor by Anberlin

Just to pick out a few of my favorites. You don't want me posting the entire list of my favorite quotes, it would be like The Great Wall of Text.

A_man13

Smash Master
Living on a bridge is great you can throw the owner uh.... I mean the garbage right over the falls.
-random bean preson
I think that was from SPM as that was a huge theme from Land of the Cragnons, but I just might be horificly mistaken.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
"Only a sith deals in absolutes"
Obi-Wan Kenobi

"With good friends I have nothing to fear"
Myself (verified by People to People)

Top Bottom