• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Smash Wars 2008 Questions? Post here.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Again, the tournament officially starts Saturday, 3/29 at 12:00pm E.

Until then, you are free to start coordinating and playing matches.

Send questions to:

PM -
Scavenger382
M3D

AIM -
ScavMF

Until then, go ahead and post your match results in the appropriate topics. We will answer all questions posted here tomorrow morning, and at noon will post a thread with contact information for referees.

Good luck, everyone!

Starstriker

Smash Rookie
This is a tournament right but I don't quite understand whats going on and also wheres illinois!

Realest07

Smash Rookie
ya i didnt see MI either but i found my pool in the midwest thanks to the master list...anyways my question is how do we know who we have to fight?? i see the list of people in my pool...is it just simply fight every1 in your pool at least once or do we have certain people that we are to fight? because when i read the rules i got the idea that we had a certain amount of matches to complete.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
ya i didnt see MI either but i found my pool in the midwest thanks to the master list...anyways my question is how do we know who we have to fight?? i see the list of people in my pool...is it just simply fight every1 in your pool at least once or do we have certain people that we are to fight? because when i read the rules i got the idea that we had a certain amount of matches to complete.
You play everyone in your pool

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
How would you like us to post match results? Some tournaments I have participated in have us post pool results in bulk, where we just copy the list of people in the pool and attach a W or L next to their name. Would you prefer that, or just post as we go?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
how does tomorrow work?
Tomorrow, starting at noon, the top two competitors of each pool will move onto a single elimination bracket. Each round will have deadlines. If you miss a deadline, you'll be disqualified. First round lasts until 2:30, second until 4, third until 5, fourth until 6, etc-- all EST.

Times are subject to change. So stay tuned for official times. ;)

How would you like us to post match results? Some tournaments I have participated in have us post pool results in bulk, where we just copy the list of people in the pool and attach a W or L next to their name. Would you prefer that, or just post as we go?
Just make a new post. Example:

I just beat Xsyven.

Simple as that. I'll then edit the first post with:

AAYRK
W:
Xsyven
Name
Name
Name

L:
Name
Name
Name
Name

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Only three people in my pool actually registered. What happens if each of us loses to one opponet but wins against the other. This would give us all a record of 1-1. Seeing as only the top two from a pool advance how would this be worked?

EDIT: Its not really a problem anymore in my pool because the 3rd competitor dropped just now but I'm sure this will still be a situation in which other pools are in.

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
you will PROBABLY just have to play eachother once more to break the deadlock if this happens. Same rules apply as the first matches

BX3

Smash Rookie
Seems the only people that entered in my pool was me and Lord Atma. Does that mean that we advance automatically?

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
If only two people are in the pool, then you both advance to the brackets. However, you must still play one another for seeding the brackets tomorrow. So find your opponent and play a match!

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
What if your comp and your wii are 2 stories apart from each other, will that make tournements too much of a hassle?

imtired

Smash Rookie
if i attempt to contact someone in my pool and they arent online for a match by 10 does it count as a loss for both of us or just him? hes the 3/3 person in my pool and one of us needs to lose so the top 2 are determined

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
If he doesn't reply in the thread to set up a time to play, then he automatically loses at 10pm. Just make sure to post in the thread saying you are attempting to set up the match.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Are you guys going to have a new thread for the brackets tomorrow?

I won all the matches in my pool so I don't want to miss anything.

King~

Smash Champion
Ok me and the people in my pool have been have a break down in communication

ive sent pms to most of them and one fo them said they sent me a pm and an email but i got neither one

ive played one match and some body has won all there matches so its only one more spot left in are pool

and it dosent seem like ill get to finish my matches by ten

Top Bottom