• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question regarding boost smashing

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Boost smashing [similar to snake's mortar slide], is it humanly possible to do with sheik without a C-Stick? If so, anyone got any pointers? I really appreciate the help.
um.... i've gotten it to upsmash with r set to attack and x set to attack..... but it's probably just dash usmashing... nowhere near the ability of a boostsmash.

that's assuming you're using a gcn controller.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Without changing the control config, no.

If you do, though, you can change it to whatever you want so long as 2 different buttons are set to attack.

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
Boost smashing [similar to snake's mortar slide], is it humanly possible to do with sheik without a C-Stick? If so, anyone got any pointers? I really appreciate the help.
The easiest way I found out is thatto set your R button to attack and tap jump off.
Then with the perfect timing, you need to dash, then push down on c-stick +up on controll stick, and press R all basically at the right time

Rogue

Smash Cadet
I switch my hand, putting my right index finger on A while the thumb has the control stick. This is the only way I've found it possible for me to do it.

BTW it's far easier to do online. Online I'd say I have 50-75% control over boost smashing. It's like impossible offline. >_>

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I did it before with A and R set to attack. It's not easy though (I did it like once in 20 tries, then I quit). On a side note, I just got Sheik's boost smashing down yesterday (with C-stick and R though), I was so happy!

By the way, is there some reason why you don't want to use the C-stick?

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
is it reliable and useful enough to be worth trying to learn?

i should probably look into it

ADHD

Smash Hero
is it reliable and useful enough to be worth trying to learn?

i should probably look into it
Yeah, i've definitely gotten my run for it. It just takes a consistent flow of practice. It took me a month before I could get it under my hands gauranteed.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you do not have to change controls. you do need two forms of attack input however you get them be it c-stick or shoulder buttons.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
very difficult

i use rogue's technique as well, index finger on A, since i like the standard controls.

i've gotten grab release -> boost smash tipper on MK sometimes.

demodemo

Smash Ace
I switch my hand, putting my right index finger on A while the thumb has the control stick. This is the only way I've found it possible for me to do it.

BTW it's far easier to do online. Online I'd say I have 50-75% control over boost smashing. It's like impossible offline. >_>
Great, thankyou

i'll look into this. I have been dying to learn how to boost smash with my l/r both as shield

uberlock

Smash Rookie
The easiest way I found out is thatto set your R button to attack and tap jump off.
Then with the perfect timing, you need to dash, then push down on c-stick +up on controll stick, and press R all basically at the right time

Wow, I saw this post, and thought should try it, as I use a custom control scheme with R-attack, Z-jump and Y-grab, and this is an extremely easy way of doing it. I have never tried a boost smash with any character other than Sheik before today, and i manged to do it on the third with this tactic (consistently is a different matter though :p). Good find WULFN! I find pressing up on the control stick, and R at the same time, after a very slight delay on the dpwn c-stick (I stress, VERY SLIGHT) seems to work, for me anyway.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Question, this "boost smash" that everyones talking about can this be performed like the way link does his boost smash or is it alot faster

PK Webb

Smash Champion
if its anything like links boost smash (button wise) i think i can get it. thanks

Top Bottom