• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question for Technical Peach's

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
You know I watch a ton of Peach videos. And when I watch people like XIF and Professor Pro I just don't understand it.

How do you get so technical, like the FC's. They are so fast. Is it like being perfect pitchm you have it or you don't/ Or is it like you go into training mode and practice FCs for 20 mins a day. How much do you guys practice tech skill. I mean if I'm not mistakened Professor Pro has only been playing for not even a year. Please explain. If possible (it might be too much) can a technical peach show some FCs, and some fast Turnip Cancels and other stuff while showing a video of the controller they are playing on, and then doing it in slow motion. Thanks guys!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If it's about technical skill, it all gets improved with practice. If it's about using it regularly in games, it's about actually trying to use them until they get into your regular playstyle and it comes naturally.

At least, that's what I figure. Maybe it's something different.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
most of it just comes from training mode. how fast or slow you want to learn them is up to how much time you put into learning it, not saying that you actually have to practice FCs for 20 mins a day. it can also depend on the person. Some people tend to learn things faster than others becuase of thier experience. I told xif about the peach pillar at a FL tourney and then about 3 weeks later he IMs me telling me he can do it naturally in a serious match- which is impressive because it took me about 2 months to use that move effectively(but it was 4 years ago when I learned about the pillar lol)

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Interesting. So, for the average person, how long do you think it would take to get my FCs down like Professor Pro or XIF. Not even in a game, seriously, like if just wanted to show off and taunt. I'm quite curious because it looks dope.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
not sure. if you know and understand how to do it then it shouldnt take more than a week or 2 to get it like xif's.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Wow never thought I'd see a thread involving me. Anyway, it all comes down to learning the co-ordination and its not something you can just do straight away at the beginning. I use to spend like and 30 mins a day just messing about with peach on training mode until i could use it normally. I practiced doing FC across the stage as fast as i can, the easiest fast float cancel to do across stage imo is Nair. And i practiced Nair across the stage but doing it backwards which i still find a lil hard because its hard not to end up doing Bair. The hardest FC to do across the stage Is Uair Backwards or Bair Backwards (but your kinda moving forward lol).

But if you want to know if your doing it fast enough do a FC Fair and try to touch the ground before you hear her swing her hand.
Fastfalling it as soon as you start the move is the most important part of doing it quick
Also you could practice random turnip tricks which occasionally I use in matches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nttpqzzj7ZQ
Lke in this match at 0:46 I did a turnip trick, most of the time it is pretty uncessary lol but it can be used as a mindgame.
1:46 to 1:52 i did like 16 FC in 5-6 secs, and a few Bairs between 3:11 and 3:16 i think i can do it like teeny bit faster now though.

I will try to get a vid with my hands on youtube, Just have to find a camera round my friends house.
I say a week or so would get you moving fast with peach
Being technical with peach is just as hard as doing it with fox is what i think and i play both.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
All the guy above me does is play smash 24/7.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Shut up, i will come round your house right now and destroy. If i stand on top of my house I can see your house and i will destroy you mentally.
All i do is just do is destroy you at smash

Samochan

Smash Master
I do think that correct timing, spacing and coordination when using a move counts way more than being able to do 100k multishines or fc nairs per second. But that's just me. Even when I've been told that I'm quite techy by the likes of PC and some others, that's mostly due to my vigorous practice with peach for very long time, cause I lack the good qualities that make techy players and I'm generaly clumsy and slow. With fast fingers, reflexes and practice it's no biggie in learning how to consistently do the difficult techs with peach and any character, but learning the right timing, use of the right move, spacing and in overall coordinating your character while doing it can take a very long time.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
lol Wow never thought I'd see a thread involving me. Anyway, it all comes down to learning the co-ordination and its not something you can just do straight away at the beginning. I use to spend like and 30 mins a day just messing about with peach on training mode until i could use it normally. I practiced doing FC across the stage as fast as i can, the easiest fast float cancel to do across stage imo is Nair. And i practiced Nair across the stage but doing it backwards which i still find a lil hard because its hard not to end up doing Bair. The hardest FC to do across the stage Is Uair Backwards or Bair Backwards (but your kinda moving forward lol).

But if you want to know if your doing it fast enough do a FC Fair and try to touch the ground before you hear her swing her hand.
Fastfalling it as soon as you start the move is the most important part of doing it quick
Also you could practice random turnip tricks which occasionally I use in matches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nttpqzzj7ZQ
Lke in this match at 0:46 I did a turnip trick, most of the time it is pretty uncessary lol but it can be used as a mindgame.
1:46 to 1:52 i did like 16 FC in 5-6 secs, and a few Bairs between 3:11 and 3:16 i think i can do it like teeny bit faster now though.

I will try to get a vid with my hands on youtube, Just have to find a camera round my friends house.
I say a week or so would get you moving fast with peach
Being technical with peach is just as hard as doing it with fox is what i think and i play both.
Thanks a lot, very help. Honestly I LOVE your style, it's crazy. Your style is amazing. I just actually made a video of me fooling around and talking about Peach players and I was mentioning how you were gonna be BIG. I watch your videos and I'm so impressed. Then I smashwikied you, I don't understand how your a novice, you have to be pro-am or semi pro, edit that ****. Anyways thanks again!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Thanks a lot, very help. Honestly I LOVE your style, it\'s crazy. Your style is amazing. I just actually made a video of me fooling around and talking about Peach players and I was mentioning how you were gonna be BIG. I watch your videos and I\'m so impressed. Then I smashwikied you, I don\'t understand how your a novice, you have to be pro-am or semi pro, edit that ****. Anyways thanks again!

=O lool Really, thank you for the comment!
I havent proven myself in a BIG tourn yet to say i am a Pro-am or anything but i think if i go to one i would place quite good.
My style is mostly agressive but then i slowed down ALOT and started working on my mindgames, but now its time to put both together because i actually really enjoy playing fast.
My aim is to become the fastest peach player but I havent really seen much faster peachs then me, i say that with no ego lol.
If someone who has seen a video of a really fast peach may you please post the link :)
Im making a combo vid iswell, it isnt going to be finished this year but it has some crazy FC stuff in there and not only on fastfallers which is the main people you can do FC tricks on, Look out for it =D.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
=O lool Really, thank you for the comment!
I havent proven myself in a BIG tourn yet to say i am a Pro-am or anything but i think if i go to one i would place quite good.
My style is mostly agressive but then i slowed down ALOT and started working on my mindgames, but now its time to put both together because i actually really enjoy playing fast.
My aim is to become the fastest peach player but I havent really seen much faster peachs then me, i say that with no ego lol.
If someone who has seen a video of a really fast peach may you please post the link :)
Im making a combo vid iswell, it isnt going to be finished this year but it has some crazy FC stuff in there and not only on fastfallers which is the main people you can do FC tricks on, Look out for it =D.
Its kinda the same thing with me. But my wiki page was updated to Pro-am. I'm like "....are you sure?" Ether way I left it.

I can do all that tech stuff. But cant use it in a fight. My style is kinda mixed with agressive and a touch of random. So it cant help me if I try all that pillaring. And I dont space myself well to even use it well. I get shield grabed or they move away from me or jump.

I'll try it today at a tournament and see how that goes. I'm mostly random then agressive so maybe thats why I just cant see it fit my taste.

But I think i would love to put Professor Pro out of his speedy place so I'll speed things up and make my Peach faster than yours, just for the fun of it. So get ready boy;)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
But I think i would love to put Professor Pro out of his speedy place so Ill speed things up and make my Peach faster than yours, just for the fun of it. So get ready boy;)

lool Ohhhh, its on now. You can pick up the scraps of my FC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOQ_n2gfdag. (0:28 to 0:31 i think) and the pivot FC Nairs 2:25 to 2:35
And on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPh2js5DEXw&feature=related (3:44 to 3:52)
There all throw away moves lol, Time for me to make things faster, BRING IT ON!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
lool Ohhhh, its on now. You can pick up the scraps of my FC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOQ_n2gfdag. (0:28 to 0:31 i think) and the pivot FC Nairs 2:25 to 2:35
And on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPh2js5DEXw&feature=related (3:44 to 3:52)
There all throw away moves lol, Time for me to make things faster, BRING IT ON!
EEEEEEEEEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEEE!!!

I can do all that you pointed out here. But question is, How long can you last without screwing up. Now I'll have to show you why I'm called Dark.Pch.;)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Im glad you can do everything i showed you because otherwise i would have stopped this competition.=D
I can do anything with the controller behind my back (even though i dont look at it lol).
And it more like I will show you why they call me PROFESSOR Pro lol.
Are you gonna release a video showing off your FC Skill or do it in a match.
Ohh yeah and I can do it whenever I want, but the question is.... CAN YOUUU???

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ara ara, what's all this chatter about Peach tech? Speed doesn't matter if you don't know how to use the brakes.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Me and Dark.Pch are just having harmless fun lol. But i do know how to use it in matches except for the really uncessary technical stuff lol.
But i think im going to try use my technical skill better then I use it right now in matches.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, I was just speaking the truth. You really don't want to drive a car fast if you can't brake, lol.

Not sure if it was actually on topic or not, it just sounded cool to say it. ^_^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Decent, but at that speed level it does not.......... lets just leave it at that lol.
I will release some vids soon, I will try to be as fast as i can while playing smart at the same time.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Decent, but at that speed level it does not.......... lets just leave it at that lol.
I will release some vids soon, I will try to be as fast as i can while playing smart at the same time.
I would really love to see that ASAP. I'm putting some of your videos on my iPod actually. I've been practicing. Last night I did FCs in Training mode for about 40 mins and the muscle memory is actually coming in pretty fast. I think in a couple weeks i will REALLY have it down. It's kinda fun to go nuts, and it has applications too.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yo mouth and my d!ck! YEAH!!!! >.>

but yeah, 50 dollar MM peach dittos. DO IT NOW!
loool. I live in the UK, we use Pounds £.

I would really love to see that ASAP. I'm putting some of your videos on my iPod actually. I've been practicing. Last night I did FCs in Training mode for about 40 mins and the muscle memory is actually coming in pretty fast. I think in a couple weeks i will REALLY have it down. It's kinda fun to go nuts, and it has applications too.
Thats good then :) do you have any matches on youtube, I would like to see your peach iswell, do you have any matches of you on youtube.
Im going round my friends house now but im not sure if he has recording equipment so i dont think the matches will get recorded but i will do some other matches prob tommorrow.
Can you FC Nair across the stage yet?

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
loool. I live in the UK, we use Pounds £.

Thats good then :) do you have any matches on youtube, I would like to see your peach iswell, do you have any matches of you on youtube.
Im going round my friends house now but im not sure if he has recording equipment so i dont think the matches will get recorded but i will do some other matches prob tommorrow.
Can you FC Nair across the stage yet?
I can FC Nair the stage, but I don't think I'm at Max speed. Fairing the stage is very easy. But how the hell do you fair in place? I don't have any matches on youtube (yet) I'll have some up in a few months.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well already I beat Professor Pro at something. I'm just too good ;) I can SHFL Her U-ar and do it in place and moving across the stage easy. Now on to the other stuff I gotta blow this kid out of

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I can FC Nair the stage, but I don't think I'm at Max speed. Fairing the stage is very easy. But how the hell do you fair in place? I don't have any matches on youtube (yet) I'll have some up in a few months.
Thats good then, hope to see your vids soon, You have to DI Backwards a bit i think to do it across stage.

Well already I beat Professor Pro at something. I'm just too good ;) I can SHFL Her U-ar and do it in place and moving across the stage easy. Now on to the other stuff I gotta blow this kid out of
looool. I wasn't talking about Uair moving across the stage, i was talking about Uair across the stage backwards. and Bair across the stage backwards, and I didnt say i couldnt do them lol. I can do every FC across the stage backwards and forwards with ANYYY FC lol, i was explaining which ones are hardest.
Make a vid of you doing the stuff i would love to see the speed you are doing it at and make a response with mine faster (which they will be lol.) ;)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
looool. I wasn't talking about Uair moving across the stage, i was talking about Uair across the stage backwards. and Bair across the stage backwards, and I didnt say i couldnt do them lol. I can do every FC across the stage backwards and forwards with ANYYY FC lol, i was explaining which ones are hardest.
Make a vid of you doing the stuff i would love to see the speed you are doing it at and make a response with mine faster (which they will be lol.) ;)
I love it when they are cocky to the max. Makes it much sweeter when they fall to thier knees. And Yes I will make a video of it once my combo video is done with. So for now its just warm ups, then the real show will be created

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
dude...dark pch dude...you suck, it doesn't even matter if you can do all this stuff you still suck

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You spelt 'Their', 'Thier.' I know it was really uncessary for me to say that i just noticed it lol i know i will have a spelling mistake in here somewhere lol.
I would go and practice but I only do that when i have competition (OOOOOOOOHHH).
I will release a vid when you release the vid lol.

dude...dark pch dude...you suck, it doesn't even matter if you can do all this stuff you still suck
loool, he doesnt suck.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
lol okay since you didn't understand me the first time i will elaborate; your peach is straight up awful. you're not even that fast dude, you just...blow. i wouldn't even say anything to you if you weren't so cocky but you are and it annoys me so there ya go, please get better at the game

Top Bottom