• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about the Coin Launcher

Dark_Wolf101

Smash Rookie
My last few attempts at Coin Launcher have resulted in aquiring 99 trophies each, but none of them were "new". Is it safe to assume that I have exhausted all of the feature's potential, and should look else where for the last of the games trophies?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I don't see how you can stand to play that game. I have 9999 coins and I dont even wanna play it. So boring, but yeah,the rest are probably in your challenges/all stars/classic etc

Noa.

Smash Master
Shouldn't you have added this to your other thread, you know, about 100% clear. And how many trophies do you have, and how many trophies do you have. Be aware that here is a total of around 545 trophies. Plus you have to take into account SSE enemies. I suggest you look at the list on the dojo, and see what you still need to get.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The thing about the coin launcher is that when you get down to the last couple random trophies, the odds are set to insane proportions against it ever showing up. You have to do everything perfectly without cease to have a microscopic chance of getting the last couple random trophies you need.

A better way to get the final few trophies is to go into skyworld in the SSE with a fast falling character such as Fox on intense, hastily going to pick up the first few trophies and stickers you get then quit the level and starting it over again in mass. This gives you an equal chance of getting the trophy each time, and actually gets you a trophy faster then the coin launcher, also giving you more stickers then it.

Noa.

Smash Master
Hmmm, does adding trophy drop increase stickers help you get trophies you don't have, as opposed to trophies you do? That could make stickers all the more useful.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Hmmm, does adding trophy drop increase stickers help you get trophies you don't have, as opposed to trophies you do? That could make stickers all the more useful.
"Trophy drop" stickers increase the chances of a trophy spawning when you defeat an enemy. It doesn't increase the chances of you getting one you don't have, and doesn't help at all with the skyworld trick due to it not involving defeating enemies. Works the same way with sticker drop stickers.

(To my knoweledge, anyway.)

Noa.

Smash Master
"Trophy drop" stickers increase the chances of a trophy spawning when you defeat an enemy. It doesn't increase the chances of you getting one you don't have, and doesn't help at all with the skyworld trick due to it not involving defeating enemies. Works the same way with sticker drop stickers.

(To my knoweledge, anyway.)
Well, that makes it next to useless. Unless you're doing a SSE speed run or something, stickers are useless.

FatalFrost

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't say stickers are useless, some are kinda fun. Mostly the ones that let you start out with an item. Well, that's my opinion... Well, let me put this in different terms: Stickers are not essential, but are good to collect anyways. Plus, you can take pictures with Stickers. Again, nothing too special, but wirth the few coubple seconds to go and collect them.

Noa.

Smash Master
It's not like most people play SSE after they finish it though. I do find stickers useful, but they could be better.

Lucario Boricua

Smash Rookie
Before asuming you exhausted the Coin Launcher's trophies, try to check the Challenges section. There are some trophies to acquire (many of them are difficult to obtain). Also, try to complete The Subspace Emissary (about 25% of the adventure mode consists of retreiving trophies), preferrably with two players. Another way to get trophies would be the Home-Run Contest (you don't have to get high records in order to get trophies). You can also get trophies in the resting stop for All-Star and Boss Battles (they appear at the left side of the area). And finally, brawl with items using Pokéballs, hoping that Mew or Celebi come out with trophies.

Top Bottom