• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question abotu wall bombing

Charoo

Smash Champion
Hi when I use Peach, and try to wall bomb to get back up the stage not for stalling. I can't do it! It's liek I hti the first one, and then I keep going down slowly instead of up. What am I donig wrong?

Isn't it jsut pushing forwar+b?

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
There is a certain time to do it, but it is most useful to smash forward and hit B. Kinda like you're doing a smash attack in air with the B button. The timing I try to remember as when Peach's hair starts to signify she's falling. I'm not certain, and other people can probably tell you better than I can.

Hoefler

BRoomer
You're not pressing the two hits close enough together. The point of wall bombing isn't to move up either. I've always just used it for stalling...

:beezo:

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's wrong, the primary point of wallbombing is to move upwards. The primary point of stalling using wallbombing is to stall.

There have been high level matches where Peaches have saved themselves from certain doom using multiple wall bombings.

CalDragon

Smash Rookie
wallbombing is very effective and like said earlier I believe the correct timing would be when the hair starts to signify that she is falling. That is what i have been told by friends in which I've seen them do it in ease. I will ask them about it and give you a definite answer soon.

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
If you don't influence your falling direction, there is a 6 frame window for successful wallbombing; 29-35, where 1 is the frame on which you hit the wall.

If you DO influence your direction (which is more difficult) the window is bigger:

1 frame of neutral: 29--->
2 frames of neutral: 29-->
3 frames of neutral: 29-38
4 frames of neutral: 29-37
5 frames of neutral: 29-36

It's much harder to quickly move the stick to neutral and back than it is to let it revert to neutral during the bombing. If you have a super left thumb, you can wallbomb in place.

About Linus

Smash Cadet
I almost never use Peach's forward/back b attacks. I find this move (the *** attack, as my friends and I call it) to be most useful in rare circumstances where Peach finds herself below the stage and needs to make a vertical recovery.

I was wondering, can you, after using your double jump, still land a forward/back b attack on a wall (like Final Destination, below the stage)? I often use the *** attack before I have exhausted my double jump, then double jump into an up b parasol to execute a vertical recovery. But I am unable to do it after I exhaust my double jump. There is no explosion/recoil when her *** contacts the wall.

I consider myself pretty good with Peach so I am guessing that it's not possible to use the *** attack into a parasol after you double jump. I just wanted to confirm this to make sure that I am not, for some reason, finding a way to **** this up.

EDIT: I forgot about the filter ... the *** asterisks you see are the word @$$. :p

About Linus

Smash Cadet
I almost never use Peach's forward/back b attacks. I find this move (the *** attack, as my friends and I call it) to be most useful in rare circumstances where Peach finds herself below the stage and needs to make a vertical recovery.

I was wondering, can you, after using your double jump, still land a forward/back b attack on a wall (like Final Destination, below the stage)? I often use the *** attack before I have exhausted my double jump, then double jump into an up b parasol to execute a vertical recovery. But I am unable to do it after I exhaust my double jump. There is no explosion/recoil when her *** contacts the wall.

I consider myself pretty good with Peach so I am guessing that it's not possible to use the *** attack into a parasol after you double jump. I just wanted to confirm this to make sure that I am not, for some reason, finding a way to **** this up.

Neo-Dragoon

Smash Apprentice
You can wall bomb into a parasol for recovery, because if you bomb properly you're slowly gaining height.

Just messing around with it the past few days I've gotten up the wall on Final D, Dreamland 64, the outside walls on Fourside, and clear from the bottom of Fountain of Dreams (though I needed my second jump to actually make it around the bowl).

Smash the stick for the over b... and repeat as Peach starts to spin around after hitting the wall. The timing for gaining height isn't as tough as I thought it would be. It's very rythmic, actually.

Just go around stages with walls and try it. Even her Break the Targets is a decent plays to goof off with wall bombing.

Finaly D and Fountain of Dreams are the only places I could see myself actually needing to wall bomb to save my butt sometimes at the moment for a real match though... since I have a bad habbit of falling too far off the stage because of the f-air. :p

Lui9078

Smash Apprentice
i've always wanted to do this move...just to show off to people that don't play very often but i can never get it...it also is banned from most/all tournaments so i really don't have much use for it...i just found out today that you should smash forward+b...so maybe i'll be able to do it now...

Touk

Smash Journeyman
So, in order to use the wall bomb recover on a stage such as final D, you have to slam the control stick and B, and then right as you hit the wall get the control stick back to neutral? So why not hit Side B then let the control stick go?

allboutpeach

Smash Ace
well u sorta let it go, and then u repeat it again, until u get to the height u want to reover do use ur parasol, so u can get the edge, so i think putting the control stick back to neutral is just another word for leting it go

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's because you need to repeatedly flick the control stick as a smash attack so that the Bomber gets the distance to connect with the wall you're climbing. There are two distinct over-B's for Peach, just like Samus. The regular input won't get you far enough unless it's a place like FD where the wall slants towards you as you go up.

Starshade

Smash Rookie
Finaly D and Fountain of Dreams are the only places I could see myself actually needing to wall bomb to save my butt sometimes at the moment for a real match though... since I have a bad habbit of falling too far off the stage because of the f-air. :p
It would probably be extremely helpful in the lower parts of Hyrule Temple, if you ever play there. The wall on the left is very tall and vertical, so if you were good enough, the wall-bombing could really help you out there as well.

Edit: Wait, did I just bump this old topic? oops.

Top Bottom