• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sydney Central YHA - it's expensive as far as hostels go, but it's better to bite the bullet and reap the benefits (as a warning, you really do get what you pay for). It keeps you within walking distance of Central Station and UTS and has great facilities.

EDIT - I encourage everyone wanting to Hostel it to book their own beds - group bookings are very difficult and is a burden for the group organiser. So please take care of yourselves as best you can. I'm still ready to offer assistance to those who need a hand with bookings.

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/SydneyCentralYHA-Sydney-20849

You can book beds through this site - booking 4 beds entitles you to a whole room for your group alone, and if you book through this website you only have to pay 10% to secure the beds ~ the rest is payed upon arrival.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Like i said on MSN. i should be fine for Sydney. But my Girlfriend and i will have our own flights from Brisbane and We have a Hotel we always stay at in sydney so dont be worrying about us Vyse just round up the other guys

Sirias

Smash Champion
Why don't you ALL stay at that Hotel? :D
That's what I did with my friends.
Me and a friend (well, basically only my friend (because he paid DURR), but I had to help seeing as he's nub) booked a hotel for 2 and 4 people stayed there. <3
WE RULE.
Although it was 2 people on the bed (3 people could have) and 2 people on the pull-out couch (3 people could have) so...
REALLY it was a 2 bedroom place yet we COULD HAVE HAD up to 6 people staying in it. c:
We got no complaints or suspicions for the 3 (4?) days we were there for. :D

Paff

Smash Journeyman
@Brisbane people:
So, should we meet tonight or tomorrow? And where? I'll readily accept any lifts to DJ Cat's if we meet there. And would it be good to bring equipment?

@Sirias:
Meeting up to go to Ben's would be fine. Assuming we actually have a meet at Ben's. Although it should be noted that I don't actually need transport there, since it'd be like a five-minute bus trip.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lowl same, it's like a 10 minute bus-trip for me.
OR ALTERNATIVELY I could walk for 2 and a half hours. c:
OR EVEN MORE ALTERNATIVELY I could drive there, however I wouldn't be able to drive back (seeing as we only have one car (LUL) well... soon we'll have two).

Dunno.
I would txt Ben or something but cbf.
I think his phone is gay and doesn't receive txts, and I don't call people. d:
So until he posts here, we don't really ever know what goes on with him. :D

LOL SMASH.
Yey.

Yokai

Smash Ace
Sorry I have been so absent, I have been tied up with uni... thats set to continue for the next 3 weeks hahaha.

Glad to see everyones going well.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
i just spent like 3 hours playing Subspace ontop of the 3 hours i already played it when i first got it. and its still going. The Story isnt half bad but ffs its so boring. I Blame Chris for my boardness coz he doesn't want to get his car dirty!

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
I'm moved into my new place now.

We can have Smash BBQ's. Outside area is just awesome for it.
I like BBQs... and i like Smash.

And i should of come Chris =( i actually did nothing but talk to you after kust0m left. Sigh!!1

dvill1

Smash Rookie
ah yeah, er, hi...I'm Daniel from Redcliffe, and i play brawl(?)

lol, anyways, i met Vyse once at animania, i was that one random Daniel guy...
i also came 3rd on the second day of the Chermside tourney...
so yeah, i'm thinking about coming to the Redcliffe meet but my mum is having a big spaz over it.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Welcome Daniel hopefully you can come.

But guys seriously... half the new starters eat ****. Brinstar is ok(for DeDeDe anyway) but to much **** going on. Jungle **** is like a swimming contest to much hazzard for starter. ***get Metroid flip ***** just sucks ok! its bull****!. Pokemon Stadium 1 is cool i found a camping place so im happy.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol, what's with spazz families. I don't get it.
Howdy, though, Daniel. You don't... nah, you can't be. d: I was wondering if you were someone I knew but then I realised not ONLY is your name NOT Michael but you also live with your mom, which my friend does not do.

Ho.
Live closer to Brisbane people that play Smash.
I feel like BBQ-ing something... MMMmmmmmmMMmm....................

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Best story ever.
Travel to Toowoomba to play Smash and then 10 minutes later a power blackout occurs. :laugh:

Your friends are pretty good, looking forward to playing more in the future.
And you made me happy, now i have something to improve myself on in Diddy Kong Racing. Hovercraft counterpick. :) I think the HD TV 3-Stocked my eyes though, I had a massive headache for the next 12 hours. :urg:

Vyse: I'll come to that as long as it doesn't clash with MaCa's meet.

Also, I'll do next Friday as well, if enough people (like more than 1) want it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yo DJ, how're you going to Sydney?

Doug, Ryan and I are going by plane and we need one more person to round out our hostel room.

You're going by car ain't ya?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Why the buggery would i drive?
I would really only want to go if I can be back in Brisbane by the Sunday night.
But yeah, I did forget to mention that in the previous post, my bad. :ohwell:

Stages: Yes, bring in Frigate Orpheon, the stage flip isn't so bad.
Also, I'd love to see Summit - The Ice Climber stage as a counterpick.
The fish really isn't that bad.
But mostly it is a fun and good looking level.

The turtle has a name - TipTup.
Where exactly do you live in Logan?
I get the feeling you are all of 10 minutes from me, we could have mid-week smash easily then it would seem?

Does anyone want to Smash on the weekend of the 1st/2nd i think it was. The weekend that was originally for Redcliffe 2. Could have Smash, N64 and Cricket at my place. BBQ is optional as well.
But I'd like to BBQ at Vyse's more. Plus traveling to Gold Coast is...better n stuff.
Rah!

Paff

Smash Journeyman
@dvill1:
Silly parents. I hope you can convince her that it's okay.

<foolish stage-related statements>
[COMPLETELY FACETIOUS]n00b[/COMPLETELY FACETIOUS] :p

@DJ Cat:
I'll be a second person who wants a meet next friday.

EDIT: Smash on the 1st/2nd would also be good.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Mother 3 lul fail. :c

Bomberman is funnerer, which reminds me I still need to finish the very last secret stage(s).
And I was remembering all these other games but I just forgot because my fkin mom comes into my room and says:
"When we move, don't go down... Globe Street (or something) because there are criminals down that street.".
YAY we're moving close to a criminal street, isn't THAT fun? =/ Fkin hell.

Ben, is your meet on Tuesday still happyhaps? And if so who's going?

Edit:

Lul 2 posts when I make mine wtf.

I thought that there was reason that they moved their dates, wasn't it due to people working?
ALTHOUGH since it's only a meet people that ARE working don't really have too much more reason to go where-as the Redcliffe thing is apparently now a 'big' sort of meet, lowl.

Don't call Booker a n00b!
:'C
:C
>:C
>>:C
>>>:C

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Best story ever.
Travel to Toowoomba to play Smash and then 10 minutes later a power blackout occurs. :laugh:

Your friends are pretty good, looking forward to playing more in the future.
And you made me happy, now i have something to improve myself on in Diddy Kong Racing. Hovercraft counterpickhttp://www.smashboards.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=5605859
Edit/Delete Message. :) I think the HD TV 3-Stocked my eyes though, I had a massive headache for the next 12 hours. :urg:

Vyse: I'll come to that as long as it doesn't clash with MaCa's meet.

Also, I'll do next Friday as well, if enough people (like more than 1) want it.
Lol.

@Djcat: Hey man. Yeah it was really fun, I have to admit that used to be one of my favourite levels. Except I can't believe I lost in the other Hovercraft one, it was close though, stupid Timber. Tip Tup should just jump out and swim. You are definitely a beast in a car though, never seen someone go so fast.

@ Everyone Else: Make sure you guys pay attention. If Djcat comes up to Wombat again, check if you are free and see if you can catch a ride! We had a legendary time, (bar the blackout, in which our pool skills were refreshed) and some pretty great smash matches, a couple of which I will probably throw on YouTube.

@DJ again: Sorry about the headache, I guess we were sitting fairly close considering the size of the TV lol. And yeah, Luke is pretty good when he gets on a roll, he was planning to come to QBB but didn't end up making it. Instead, a less skilled, scrubby friend did... but that's ok. Hopefully we'll make a bit of a wave at Redcliffe II? Let's hope so. So at least Wombations aren't scrubs...well...not all of us.

L8as

P.S.
@Vyse: just wonderin whether u've done anything on the poster? i have had minor success i guess lol (nothing permenant but some stuff i am beginning to like is emerging :) )

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
LMAO! People actually think they are good at Diddy Kong Racing. I laugh at the who trys to challenge me. Havnt played the game in years but id still wipe the floor with all your ***'s. Be it using the mouse ***** or T.T **** give the the croc and your still gone!Hovercraft was my specialty coz of all the haxs you could do.

Did you guys play with the cheats on? FREEFORALL,ROCKETFUEL,FREEFRUIT <--always use to have them on when playing multiplayer.

Also Thank you Kas <3

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
@Booker Lol I hadn't played in years either, but Djcat is really really good. I was one of those guys who got his older brother to do the hard levels for me. That was before I got into games seriously, he sucks now lol. Nah, we didn't play with cheats. Lol smack talking Diddy Kong racing is funny. I lost every race by a mile, except for the Hovercraft ones. We were ringing that bell like mad beasts lol.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I'm joking, Paff. XD
Fail internet.
But yay... Booker <33<#<##<33<#3
If only I was a gurl. And you didn't have one. IF ONLY. </3

I laugh at anyone thinking they can beat me at anything.
I'm win at everything. C:

edit

omgwtf you live in taringa, paff, thats so close! o:
was it you, maca, that lives near/in indro?

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Pardon me for being such a n00b, everyone, but what exactly is Diddy Kong Racing like? I can only imagine that it's a lot like Mario Kart, but that seems silly. (Also, for racing games, it's all about Hyrdo Thunder, Star Wars Pod Racer, and F-Zero GX.)

@Sirias:
Oh hey, so I wasn't upsetting people by saying things that could be read wrong, I was upsetting myself by reading things wrong. I feel silly now. I guess I'll go re-edit that post and put the facetious "n00b" back in. :p

Hmm. If Scrubs is in Indooroopilly, and I'm five minutes from him in Taringa, and you're ten minutes from him, that must mean you're in... Toowong-ish?

@Scrubs:
Will there be a meet this tuesday? And, how does one get to your house from the Alkira bus stop? I mean I suppose I could wander around randomly knocking on doors and asking for "Scrubs", but it'd confuse a lot of people and not be very efficient.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
My Tuesday meet plan is failing epically....

My study is going ****!

So I'll have to call this weeks one off :(

I won't come to anything on the 1st/2nd either

Bob is really good at n64 games... I could only get close to him in PD

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm studying as well for my traineeship tests lol.

DDR2 SDRAM moves data in a manner most consistent with what function?

A - NetBurst
B - HyperTransport
C - Quadruple throughput
D - Increased clock cycle pump
It's C durrrr,
:)

Dedu

Smash Lord
LMAO! People actually think they are good at Diddy Kong Racing. I laugh at the who trys to challenge me. Havnt played the game in years but id still wipe the floor with all your ***'s. Be it using the mouse ***** or T.T **** give the the croc and your still gone! Hovercraft was my specialty coz of all the haxs you could do.
Man, what haxs?

DKR was a great game and yeah I might sound like those 'another' egotards who claim they were good at the game but i gotta tell ya this for some claimable cred-idence -
Ancient Lake (Tiptup) - 17 second laps.
Ancient Lake (TT) - 15 second laps. *yey! Go TT!*

Snowball Valley (TT) - 17 second laps.
Sif I can remember the lap times for every race I blazed through. Its been like 10 years since I had a seriously good joystick controller >_>; Are there any ways of getting a new N64 controller for nostalgic reasons? *chuckle*
I'm still going hard on the N64 - playing Star Wars Podracer with a gay controller is WIN! *ends up getting a calloused thumb because I'm trying to get a good score for Grabvine Gateway, even with Bullseye Navior!*

hmmm...

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Man, what haxs?

DKR was a great game and yeah I might sound like those 'another' egotards who claim they were good at the game but i gotta tell ya this for some claimable cred-idence -
Ancient Lake (Tiptup) - 17 second laps.
Ancient Lake (TT) - 15 second laps. *yey! Go TT!*

Snowball Valley (TT) - 17 second laps.
Sif I can remember the lap times for every race I blazed through. Its been like 10 years since I had a seriously good joystick controller >_>; Are there any ways of getting a new N64 controller for nostalgic reasons? *chuckle*
I'm still going hard on the N64 - playing Star Wars Podracer with a gay controller is WIN! *ends up getting a calloused thumb because I'm trying to get a good score for Grabvine Gateway, even with Bullseye Navior!*

hmmm...
lol just shortcuts really. And umm.. i havnt had my Diddy kong racing game since i got my Gamecube(so like 2002?) so i cant remember my times. Im just talking big because its the only game i know ill fucck little biitchs up in

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah podracer was pretty pro aswell

i got a speech today.. on drug delivery devices.. (DDD).... i got a picture of him in the powerpoint... and chuck norris :S

i am kinda close to indro i guess.. well close than gc or redcliff =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom