• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Vote for Medusa's Homecoming Party!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And Medusa was shown human-sized in the original Kid Icarus.

That's exactly what I've been trying to tell the Magnus and Hades supporters. Hades, unlike Palutena and Medusa, was never shown at a smaller size even once in the franchise and was a level once since he had swallowed Pit whole. :troll:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hades, unlike Palutena and Medusa, was never shown at a smaller size even once in the franchise and was a level once since he had swallowed Pit whole. :troll:
Yes :troll:

But if I recall well, Hades' belly is actually in another dimension. By the way, he still swallows Pit.

Also, isn't Medusa's size like this in Uprising because of the numbers of souls used to recreate her? I need to replay the chapters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yes :troll:

But if I recall well, Hades' belly is actually in another dimension. By the way, he still swallows Pit.

Also, isn't Medusa's size like this in Uprising because of the numbers of souls used to recreate her? I need to replay the chapters.
I guess that could be the case since this time around she was as big as Hades. She did really let herself go compared how healthy and small she was in the past.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I guess that could be the case since this time around she was as big as Hades. She did really let herself go compared how healthy and small she was in the past.
Pit: "Wow, warping this huge body must be a real pain!"
Medusa: "Who are you calling huge, you insignificant little thing?"
:troll:

Also, Pit is surprised about her size a the start of the boss battle, yet he already met her in the past. So, to me, it's another proof she can be normal. Even if it's only interpretation.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm definitely in support of Medusa and I think she would be possible if say Palutena was added, so she has my full support.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Also, on the topic about size, I just realized that, on the 3DS bottom screen, only Hades looks huge, compared to the other gods.

I mean, Pit, Palutena, Viridi, Medusa and others are represented with a normal size, yet Hades look much bigger.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Also, on the topic about size, I just realized that, on the 3DS bottom screen, only Hades looks huge, compared to the other gods.

I mean, Pit, Palutena, Viridi, Medusa and others are represented with a normal size, yet Hades look much bigger.

So Hades is basically giant compared to them in their smallest size? He ought to lay off the souls if he wants the upper hand at competing with her for the third slot. :troll:

Medusa would easily beat him due to having a normal size based on her character icons. Another reason why she would be the best third choice of Kid Icarus reps other than her relevance to the entire series. She may not be as funny or strong as him, but she's a perfect candidate in my book.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well...
Relevance to the serie: check.
Size: check.
Originality: Ultra-check.
Cool voice acting: check (this applies to every Uprising characters by the way)
Snake's in hair: check.
Poison cloud: check.
Legs: check (mentionned during the boss battle :troll:)
Obvious Final Smash: check.
Glorious Sideboob: check.
Long checklist: Check.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sounds legit. Seriously though, while I would definitely hope we see Medusa before Palutena for a few reasons, it would definitely be best case scenario to have all three characters. And regardless of whether a three game franchise deserves that many characters, Kid Icarus was acknowledged with Mario, Star Fox, Metroid, Kirby, Zelda, and the like in the E3 trailer as a major franchise in Smash Bros. And Medusa is a classic antagonist. What's not to like about classic antagonists? K. Rool and Ridley have tons of support on that premise alone.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I never played the Kid Icarus games but wouldn't Medusa be way too big? She's 3 stories tall.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I never played the Kid Icarus games but wouldn't Medusa be way too big? She's 3 stories tall.
Well, we already stated that Medusa, along with Palutena, appeared with a normal size in the original Kid Icarus.
Palutena appears big and normal in Uprising, so it's not farfetched to say that other gods a able to do so. At least Medusa, who is equivalent to Palutena (she was a ruler of Skyworld along the godess of light before being turned into a monster and banished to the underworld)
Sakurai can also don't care at all :troll:

Plus, in the anime short, Medusa's Revenge, Medusa and Palutena appears as giants, with Medusa destroying a city.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Technically all the MAJOR gods can be human sized since they've shown the ability to shape shift/change size. Even if the other two have never been shown in human size.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm sorry but is "Medusa is too big" going to become a 'thing'? :p
The question is not if Medusa is too big for Smash Bros, but if Medusa's breasts are too big for a Nintendo game :troll:

By the way, I'm not going to do a moveset (yet), but I personally envision Medusa to be a character with moves that inflict conditions, like poison, turning into stone (obviously), and others things like reversing controls (but this could be a bit OP). In fact, I see every special moves having no killing power, but instead they can deal great damage and cause trouble to foes.

After all, Medusa can be great as a character that enjoy seeing her ennemies suffer and players rage :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The new stage shown today combined elements of the NES Palace in the Sky and Uprising's Palutena Temple despite being a Wii U exclusive. If you're unfamiliar of the Sky Palace, it was the final level where Pit teamed up with Centurions, killed Medusa, and rescued Palutena. The Palutena Temple played a similar role of being Palutena's domain in Uprising, but the Chaos Kin had brainwashed her and the Centurions are the enemies. I say this was a great choice of a stage since it can be the home stage to Pit, Palutena, and Medusa altogether.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
The new stage shown today combined elements of the NES Palace in the Sky and Uprising's Palutena Temple despite being a Wii U exclusive. If you're unfamiliar of the Sky Palace, it was the final level where Pit teamed up with Centurions, killed Medusa, and rescued Palutena. The Palutena Temple played a similar role of being Palutena's domain in Uprising, but the Chaos Kin had brainwashed her and the Centurions are the enemies. I say this was a great choice of a stage since it can be the home stage to Pit, Palutena, and Medusa altogether.
What elements are from NES Palace in the Sky?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What elements are from NES Palace in the Sky?
There were statues all over the place (though they were Venus as opposed to Palutena), dem blocky columns, and there appears to be one giant palace in the background (though you can't see the outside in the original). Kind of like the Pilotwings situation. It looks too ancient and godly to even be the Overworld.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I can see Medusa and/or Palutena being included in SSB4. I don't know much about the KI games so, later.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Also, on topic of the brand new Kid Icarus stage, although I'm ok with humans having a Palutena statue in their world, but I have trouble to imagine those giant wings elsewhere than skyworld.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
There were statues all over the place (though they were Venus as opposed to Palutena), dem blocky columns, and there appears to be one giant palace in the background (though you can't see the outside in the original). Kind of like the Pilotwings situation. It looks too ancient and godly to even be the Overworld.
Also, on topic of the brand new Kid Icarus stage, although I'm ok with humans having a Palutena statue in their world, but I have trouble to imagine those giant wings elsewhere than skyworld.
The statue is at Palutena's Temple in Uprising. Here, I made a picture:

I guess the colosseum in the background is just for decoration, as it appeared in neither Uprising nor the NES game.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, yes, of course I know it's the one we see at Palutena's temple.

I was just ruling out the idea a second statue can exist in the overworld, as it's a bit too godly.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Oh, yes, of course I know it's the one we see at Palutena's temple.

I was just ruling out the idea a second statue can exist in the overworld, as it's a bit too godly.
True. And like I told someone in the Palutena thread: At the bottom of the pic (between the pillars) you can see the cliff of the floating island. Also, the sky fills the whole background, which wouldn't be the case in the Overworld.

So yeah, it's definitely Skyworld.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yep, very godly and sky-ish.

As Palutena's Temple appeared in the NES KI and Uprising, I don't find it disturbing to have a NES based stage with an Uprising appearance. It's not like the whole KI universe was "shocking" in Brawl by the way.

Also, as R.O.B. stated, the stage can serve as an home stage for Pit, Palutena AND Medusa, considering the NES game.

Although I still want an Underworld stage.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm hoping we see something from Medusa. A trophy would be the tops.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Despite being excited for a possible playable Palutena, I've supported Medusa from the beginning, even over the Goddess of Light.

I mean, a female villain? A mythological monster? A badass witch-lady, Goddess of Darkness?

Yes, please.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm honestly surprised that no Hades fanboys have been attacking our safe haven after a few years. I bet they are plotting something big while worshiping their troll of a master since then. :troll:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I want Medusa for the sole fact that she would be the first female villain in Smash Bros.

And Hades for being oh-so fabulous and to see him fight Ganondorf lol

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't know. I feel like Medusa is in a better position than Hades since, 1. Sakurai probably wouldn't want to saturate Smash with characters he made for Uprising. 2. Medusa has seniority. 3. Medusa was an arc boss for a longer time than Hades was, and still got a good punch in on him at the endgame.

So I mean there's not much to say about that. Though let's agree Hades and Medusa are DEFINITELY better off than Dark Pit or Magnus.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Let's agree Hades and Medusa are DEFINITELY better off than Dark Pit or Magnus.
THIS.

Again, Medusa can bring a lot of uniqueness. Is there a lot of Nintendo character who can boast having Snakes in her hair, a little mouth in her hand that send poisonous gaz and that sideboob?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I love how everyone has reacted to Palutena being a playable character, while the leaker noted that she was an assist trophy. So, I think Sakurai knows that Medusa is the better choice and will put Palutena in the AT slot for Kid Icarus, and make Medusa the playable charcter. But then, what happens to the Eggplant Wizard...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I love how everyone has reacted to Palutena being a playable character, while the leaker noted that she was an assist trophy. So, I think Sakurai knows that Medusa is the better choice and will put Palutena in the AT slot for Kid Icarus, and make Medusa the playable charcter. But then, what happens to the Eggplant Wizard...
I don't remember the leaker saying Palutena would be an AT. It would be weird.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I don't remember the leaker saying Palutena would be an AT. It would be weird.
Check the original leak, he said that she's an AT, and MorbidAltruisim can tell you why. Actually, I think I remember him/her saying that they were on different axises and that she seems to be closer to the background than the foreground.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't have that different axises impression. It would also be weird to an Assist trophy to have a black outline, considering even the Luma do not have one. And it would also be weird for the character to be an assist. You wouldn't put Peach as assist.

Also, the leaker didn't said it's an assist? I can't find this anywhere.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I really don't think the leak is real. But regardless, hopefully Sakurai thinks that Medusa is a good idea, and possibly also Palutena.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Check the original leak, he said that she's an AT, and MorbidAltruisim can tell you why. Actually, I think I remember him/her saying that they were on different axises and that she seems to be closer to the background than the foreground.
No, the original "leaker" never said that it's an assist. In fact, he didn't elaborate on the picture at all. He said "Where did this even come from?". Of course, it came from him. That was the first time the pictures where ever posted. And so he managed to avoid making up lies about working at Nintendo by giving people the impression that the pics have been out for a while and he has nothing to do with the "leak".

Well, that's my theory anyway. But it's a fact that I haven't been able to find the pics posted anywhere earlier than that post.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I really doubt Medusa will be made playable before Palutena.

Top Bottom