• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quebec Brawl Tournament and smashfest in Repentigny (near Montreal)

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I dunnow who keeps telling you that, but whoever it is is either ill-informed or trolling.

And tbh guard pretty sure holy would still win low tiers if he went. I think you underestimate how much the mindset matters in these things.
Holy??? ya...wait.. who is Holy??? is he a good player??? Oh wait oh YA... I KNOW HOLY!!!!! ya were f*****......................

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
Then if Swordgard just don't want to come its fine, I mean its his choice after all. Then Mar1 should need to see his other opportunities for a lift

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
Aw, not so sure if I can come now, since it seems like that bus dosen't come out often during week-ends and you have to actually pay, since stm opus card dosen't work, so according to parents and bro who researched about it, they don't recommend me to go, especially since I have school the day next, and since the bus passes once per hour, I would probably end up getting back home pretty late, even though this tourney finishes early. Would be convinient if someone did lifts at the Radisson metro, kinda like they did for Quebec's Revival.

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
Aw, not so sure if I can come now, since it seems like that bus dosen't come out often during week-ends and you have to actually pay, since stm opus card dosen't work, so according to parents and bro who researched about it, they don't recommend me to go, especially since I have school the day next, and since the bus passes once per hour, I would probably end up getting back home pretty late, even though this tourney finishes early. Would be convinient if someone did lifts at the Radisson metro, kinda like they did for Quebec's Revival.
well that was the whole "SG doing the lift" point. who else from mtl apart from guard has a car?

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Is this tournament even happening????? At this rate, Holy won't go and Kingkong can't. Victor NEVER said he was going to either (he probably will though if I'm going).

If the only membres of our PR would be me and Mar1, I'm not even sure Darkshadow would be there. I have a feeling lifts would be a problem with him too.

Are there ANY other players at least, people that's NOT from the Montreal area?? If so then around how many exactly and please be honest with the number??

If I'm going then Victor will probably come too. Also, I wouldn't mind giving lifts to Tarex, Darkshadow and Mar1 (it wont cost anything don't worry. lol). If I do it will be at Longueil metro and NOWHERE else. I live in the South Shore after all.

If trhis tourny works out (kinda), then I would have a FULL car of 5 brawlers being Me, Victor, Mar1, Tarex and Darkshadow.

This list is ""NOT"" official but I would be willing to give lifts to these 4 brawlers if they wish...... and if I'm going.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Is this tournament even happening????? At this rate, Holy won't go and Kingkong can't. Victor NEVER said he was going to either (he probably will though if I'm going).

If the only membres of our PR would be me and Mar1, I'm not even sure Darkshadow would be there. I have a feeling lifts would be a problem with him too.

Are there ANY other players at least, people that's NOT from the Montreal area?? If so then around how many exactly and please be honest with the number??

If I'm going then Victor will probably come too. Also, I wouldn't mind giving lifts to Tarex, Darkshadow and Mar1 (it wont cost anything don't worry. lol). If I do it will be at Longueil metro and NOWHERE else. I live in the South Shore after all.

If trhis tourny works out (kinda), then I would have a FULL car of 5 brawlers being Me, Victor, Mar1, Tarex and Darkshadow.

This list is ""NOT"" official but I would be willing to give lifts to these 4 brawlers if they wish...... and if I'm going.
You're obviously giving me a lift :embarrass:

Pappy

Smash Apprentice

what was it that i kept updated about the brawlers on this thread...um, o yeah, its the attendance list. idk if you bothered to check but its pretty much all right there. Me, Morks, Jord, Yan, Stef, Stephan, Dante(maybe), etc. we're looking for more ppl every day on our side.

on a side-note, is there really ONLY Guard with a car? i hope holy can still make it

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Guard if you give me a lift, I'll give you 5$ and team with you in doubles. At this point the only way I'm coming is if you give me a lift, I know I might have been really lame last time but it's cause I don't really have that much money since I don't work. Otherwise I won't be able to come, so it's up to you. I won't hate you if you're still a bit mad about the other day.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Guard if you give me a lift, I'll give you 5$ and team with you in doubles. At this point the only way I'm coming is if you give me a lift, I know I might have been really lame last time but it's cause I don't really have that much money since I don't work. Otherwise I won't be able to come, so it's up to you. I won't hate you if you're still a bit mad about the other day.
Awwwww.... <3

They're making up :embarrass:

Yeah pretty much, I'm coming. I want some practice since I haven't played for the longest while.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Awwwww.... <3

They're making up :embarrass:

Yeah pretty much, I'm coming. I want some practice since I haven't played for the longest while.
I'm not making up to anyone..... my car is now full just not official (sorry Holy).

and Pappy, I read that list.... it is UNBELIEVABLY small. thats why I asked if you had other players from around your home or something.

and yes Darkshadow, I will "obviously" give you a lift. lol

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
uptil now i count 6 Mtl brawlers who said they were coming, not a great turn-out considering mtl has the majority of the team. if i get relatively good answers from other places they'll be at least 10 brawlers not from mtl. whatever happened to Sheep, Hells, Balus and the other guys? i got absolutely no news on them.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
uptil now i count 6 Mtl brawlers who said they were coming, not a great turn-out considering mtl has the majority of the team. if i get relatively good answers from other places they'll be at least 10 brawlers not from mtl. whatever happened to Sheep, Hells, Balus and the other guys? i got absolutely no news on them.
I don't think anyone has contacts with Sheep, I think Techiyo knows Balus and that's pretty much it. Hells is in France atm.

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
got an answer from the guys in Valleyfield. Tcheet and James are coming and bringing one or two eager-to-learn brawlers with them. that's 3 or 4 more coming

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
Oh no, Tarex, I want to see you at the tourney dude! I propose then, if the things are really the worse, then I propose that Pappy take his car and get a lift for a bunch of players. Whats about it Pappy? Is it too much shiz? You could only charge like 5$ each person or sort of and its a pretty good deal for you and the others since one-way bus is 4,75$ !!

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
And I think Pappy and I shall apologize cuz the tourney isnt going to be a 20 player thing. What we should have said is maybe just have a smashfest, cuz the whole point of it first is have fun and not necessarely rank the tourney or record it. I hope anyone isn't mad about this, Pappy tries his best to please everyone and make something cool and I think even if SG or KK isn't coming it isn't a reason for not coming I think. :)

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
So far Victor is the ONLY member confirmed for lifts. I'm still waiting a CONFIRMED answer from Mar1 (I'll speak with him on facebook or something), Darkshadow and Tarex.

I do believe Darkshadow was intersted based on some previous post. Need a lift Kirby main??????

As for Tarex, just let me know if you want a lift by posting it here.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
And I think Pappy and I shall apologize cuz the tourney isnt going to be a 20 player thing. What we should have said is maybe just have a smashfest, cuz the whole point of it first is have fun and not necessarely rank the tourney or record it. I hope anyone isn't mad about this, Pappy tries his best to please everyone and make something cool and I think even if SG or KK isn't coming it isn't a reason for not coming I think. :)
Wait hold on... Pappy has a car? So why can't he do lifts from his place to the venue?

Plus keep the tourney up dude.
Smashfest is still occurring obviously but we should still somewhat have a last minute tourney like what KKong did for his first monthly.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
So far Victor is the ONLY member confirmed for lifts. I'm still waiting a CONFIRMED answer from Mar1 (I'll speak with him on facebook or something), Darkshadow and Tarex.

I do believe Darkshadow was intersted based on some previous post. Need a lift Kirby main??????

I'm not a Kirby main =(...

And hyesz!

please =D

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
okay so was gone for a while.

1- im not taking the tourney down whatsoever for any reason
2- there can still be 20 ppl coming if i get more confirmations
3- i only want to do a lift on the extreme case that i would HAVE to because even if i DO have a car i am also the host and while im doing the lift no one would actually be at the place, in which case to be sure nobody comes in between it'd have to be very early AND the way back would be very late as we'd have to wait for everyone to leave and that means less time to prepare before and less time to clean up after. (AND you'd all have to listen to very heavy and very loud metal while in the car)
4- Apart from SG and Kkong not coming, this is already turning out better than i expected so i'm not sorry in the least about the low Mtl attendance.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
okay so was gone for a while.

1- im not taking the tourney down whatsoever for any reason
2- there can still be 20 ppl coming if i get more confirmations
3- i only want to do a lift on the extreme case that i would HAVE to because even if i DO have a car i am also the host and while im doing the lift no one would actually be at the place, in which case to be sure nobody comes in between it'd have to be very early AND the way back would be very late as we'd have to wait for everyone to leave and that means less time to prepare before and less time to clean up after. (AND you'd all have to listen to very heavy and very loud metal while in the car)
4- Apart from SG and Kkong not coming, this is already turning out better than i expected so i'm not sorry in the least about the low Mtl attendance.
#3 can easily be fixed though. Morks seems like to fit the role of co host.

But whichever works for you though.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord

Guard, I'll steal a lift from you if the others aren't confirmed :)

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Guard, I'll steal a lift from you if the others aren't confirmed :)
......I'm very sorry to ask this but the name "Juxtapose" doesn't ring a bell. Also, I can't promis a lift but I'll see. Other Brawlers asked me the same thing as you that's why. lol

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
It's Sheep, the mario main
I'll probably be attending if I can figure out how to get there. I'll be bringing a few other characters I've been practicing, if I attend. (OH SNAP!)

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I can't go there because is outside of Montreal and I don't know that city.
dont take this the wrong way but, you're never going to leave montreal if you keep saying that lol. Explore dude! find a way to come with someone and then you'll know what city this is.

and #3 cant be fixed like that, im able to host it here on a big favor so its either me in it or no one. i might be able to find someone from here who has a driver's license though and see if they'd mind doing the lift with my car, someone trustworthy of course.

and Sheeep! finally some news, hope you can make it

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
It's Sheep, the mario main
I'll probably be attending if I can figure out how to get there. I'll be bringing a few other characters I've been practicing, if I attend. (OH SNAP!)
OH **** SHEEP!!!!! ya next time I'll know it's you. lol If my car has a free spot left for you then no problem. As things stand with lifts, Victor and Darkshadow are confirmed for the lift. I would still need a response from Tarex and Mar1 BY TOMORROW LATEST!!!!!! If they don't respond, then your in Sheep.......oh and I may consider a FREE MK main because he has a hot sister. lol

Oh and lastly, how are the set-ups Pappy??? Need any help for this or do you have everything takin care of???

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
Does Tarex has a Facebook or something? I mean I would like to help the case even if I have sort of 30min/day for internet since I'm in Rouyn-Noranda for shows. Humm.......SHHHEEEEEPPPP!! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?? I need you at the tourney for a revenge lol. But hey Guard, your car cannot carry 5 people? How about Tarex, DarkShadow, Sheep, Mar1 and Victor? And Holy isn't coming or?

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
lol
darkshadow just told me about the tournament at the last minute
and I think Guard's car can only carry 5 people, including himself

Yeah, and how are the setups? I can bring my wii if needed (has brawl- on it too), and do you have infinite replay? I'd like to be able to save some replays, but if you can't then it's fine too

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
for set-ups i just need 2 wiis from you guys, like one from guard one from holy. im also trying to have more confirmations of who's coming and who's not for tomorow

swordgard

Smash Hero
Bringing my Wii for sure. Want replays ^__^.

Besides Holy wouldn't bring his Wii.

Il est juif comme ca >__>
His problem is not his wii, its his hard drive. TBH thats understandable because his hard drive is external but its a 3.5 rather than 2.5 which means it was not designed to be portable.

And I'm pretty sure you shouldn't rely on holy for wiis considering if he doesn't get a lift from guard hes probably just not going, so stop acting like hes garanteed lol.

Tarex has an aib account, thats how you can reach him.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Does Tarex has a Facebook or something? I mean I would like to help the case even if I have sort of 30min/day for internet since I'm in Rouyn-Noranda for shows. Humm.......SHHHEEEEEPPPP!! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?? I need you at the tourney for a revenge lol. But hey Guard, your car cannot carry 5 people? How about Tarex, DarkShadow, Sheep, Mar1 and Victor? And Holy isn't coming or?
well again, Darkshadow and Victor are confirmed for my car. I still need an "official" confirmation from Mar1 (since he was the FIRST who asked me actually). Also, Tarex and mar1 need to let me know TODAY. If they let me know beyond today or just don't say anything, then I shall bring Sheep and maybe Holy (depending on available space).

I also wana have fun that tourny and play lots of friendlies (not only tourny matches). So for those I'm giving a lift to, please don't be so pushy on leaving early.

I WILL be able to bring my wii so good, me and Darkshadow have the 2 wii's that we need

oh and thanks Sword for the AIB option for communicating with tarrex.

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
Confirm me for the lift. Sorry about being late, it's just that I told my mom that a friend from my school would do the lift, while they actually can't lol, and she prob won't let me being in the same car than «strangers». So she wants a proof that I'm indeed getting a lift from a friend, and I just asked one to call me and play along so she believes it. He didn't call me yet though, he's not on instant messengery atm but he will sometime. If something happens and I actually can't, someone else may take my place. If it goes well, I'll post again to confirm.

EDIT: Haha, nah don't really think so, it's just that if I told that to my mom she would probably say this. And isn't it ok if I confirm tomorrow? You said that deadline was for tomorrow on the previous page, and anyway, apparently other people have a car so it's not like someone else is waiting for my spot.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Mar1 JUST called me and he will be having a lift with Netomx (I think it's him. lol)

So this mean SHEEP YOUR IN!!!!!!! Just let me know if your still interested Sheep.

Hey Tarex!!! Please let me know your final answer by the end ok today ok?? :)

ps:.....Tarex......thinks....were.....stangers..... :(

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
sweet, thats comfirmed for those two. whos in Guard's lift again?

Top Bottom