• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quebec Brawl Tournament and smashfest in Repentigny (near Montreal)

s333f

Smash Cadet
why so serious?

jai jamais dit que jallais battre ally et jai jamais dit que jallais battre IC mais tes alt et je suis loin detre unskilled je connais mes limite et je sais que toi tu toverestime mais bon je suis capable a reconnaitre le genius of trolling en toi donc gg et de toute facon je sais pas pourquoi on continue (a part de troller) tu vien pas fak yen aura pas de MM

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
@Guard he ain't 3rd hes' 2nd besides, he's easily in Canada's top 10....

Top 5 if IC's >___>

I love how this thread became a trollathon... I kinda like it LoL even though I don't feel like trolling any of you at this current moment.
Hmm... Not too sure what to say at the moment but...

to sing that Trololol song in my head while reading all the comments from Page 5 to now.

Beh la... Stef, SG est legit... Son Snake est la meme niveau d' Ally pi celui de DarkShadow :troll:

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
anyone has a Melee copy to bring for friendlies? Mine is out of my reach and my brother would really like it (he's melee sheik main).

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry for the bus Holy, when you get out at Terminus Repentigny, it's litteraly at like 50 steps away from there, you just need the adress

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
anyone has a Melee copy to bring for friendlies? Mine is out of my reach and my brother would really like it (he's melee sheik main).
Wish I had my hardcopy version still....

If any of you guys got a modded Wii that has GC enable ios' I would bring my Melee copied disc.

I would LOVE to play Melee but my Wii's disc drive is broken(hence why I use a harddrive to run games)

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
i think everybody's been confirmed for attendance, so the list is the official one now. Smashfest is tomorrow and will include Singles (5$) and Low tier or Doubles (or BOTH, no one suggested low tier doubles). The address is above the attendance list, if anyone has trouble finding it this is my cellphone# : 514-608-4588

swordgard

Smash Hero
If doubles or low tiers doubles occur, I might try to show up as long as the fee is like 5$ per person.

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
if doubles or low tier doubles with 5$ fee occurs, team Holy/Swordgard is banned.

it'd be too easy =P

swordgard

Smash Hero
if doubles or low tier doubles with 5$ fee occurs, team Holy/Swordgard is banned.

it'd be too easy =P
lol no offence mais wtf at banning des teams O.o

In fact I probably wouldn't even have a partner since me and holy planned on teaming if we came like at saint-hyancinthe.

swordgard

Smash Hero
tournament [ˈtʊənəmənt ˈtɔː- ˈtɜː-]
n
1. (General Sporting Terms) a sporting competition in which contestants play a series of games to determine an overall winner

I think your being self-defeating on the purpose lol.

s333f

Smash Cadet
rule [ruːl]
n
1. an authoritative regulation or direction concerning method or procedure, as for a court of law, legislative body, game, or other human institution or activity judges' rules play according to the rules

swordgard

Smash Hero
rule [ruːl]
n
1. an authoritative regulation or direction concerning method or procedure, as for a court of law, legislative body, game, or other human institution or activity judges' rules play according to the rules
Yes, I am pointing out that the rule is self-defeating to the purpose of a tournament. I know who makes the rule, I cannot undo them obviously, but I can point out how horribly illogical they are.

s333f

Smash Cadet
Yes, I am pointing out that the rule is self-defeating to the purpose of a tournament. I know who makes the rule, I cannot undo them obviously, but I can point out how horribly illogical they are.
true
mais personnelement jaimerais mieu low tier (cest peut etre juste moi) que double, le monde on pas prévue de team en avance et le monde vont peut etre pas trouver de partner

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
@Guard he ain't 3rd hes' 2nd besides, he's easily in Canada's top 10....

Top 5 if IC's >___>
ya true..... I keep forgetting that Ally is at number "0" and not "1". lol

and what was that "Holynegro"????? I believe "The Guards" would win.lol ..... that's if he's actually coming to this. lol

oh and I'll confirm again..... FOR LIFTS = BE AT METRO LONGEUIL BY 11:30 AM LATEST PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swordgard

Smash Hero
Doubt it sheep sadly, I think he's serious.

Why isn't stef+holy banned?

I mean I obviously can't use ics for doubles, why would me+holy be banned if im using my secondaries but you guys assume stef's better than my secondaries? Pappy, are you insinuating my secondaries are better than stef's diddy? You can't hold both to be true without leading to a contradiction.

I smell epic logic fail.

:troll:

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
stef+holy is reasonable just as sg+guard is. if you count the odds, stef+holy theoretically have an advantage, but its an unfamiliar team and holy's free, so its even match. which is way more fun for finals instead of having one team with the 2 bests **** everyone else, kind of like ally+mew2king

swordgard

Smash Hero
stef+holy is reasonable just as sg+guard is. if you count the odds, stef+holy theorically have an advantage, but its an unfamiliar team and holy's free, so its even match. which is way more fun for finals instead of having one team with the 2 bests **** everyone else, kind of like ally+mew2king
So your admitting my secondaries are better than stef's diddy? Because really now your stating im the best partner available for holy despite using my secondaries? Neat. Glad were on the same page.

So your solution to people being not good enough to beat me and holy is to basically rig the tourney by preventing us from entering as a team? I hope you also give more stocks to worst players in order to make the tourney more interesting and have more fun finals. It all fits within the same thought process.

I mean no matter how you look at it, allowing tournament rigging like this basically makes it so you can make the tournament results look like whatever you want rather than actually determine who is better. As usual, your tournaments your rules. But its far from being logical.

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
im not saying ur seconds are better than stef, im saying its a close match and he has the possibility of beating them. And Doubles isnt determining who the best player is, its determining who the best team is, and we already know its sg+holy, so instead of just confirming that the team is the best its determining who of the two in the best team is better without the other. its not a rigged tourny, its just not the same. And its so that you and holy dont hog all the money, because assuming you are in doubles you will also be in singles and who will win that? either Holy or Sg. so yeah, dont be greedy.

swordgard

Smash Hero
im not saying ur seconds are better than stef, im saying its a close match and he has the possibility of beating them. And Doubles isnt determining who the best player is, its determining who the best team is, and we already know its sg+holy, so instead of just confirming that the team is the best its determining who of the two in the best team is better without the other. its not a rigged tourny, its just not the same. And its so that you and holy dont hog all the money, because assuming you are in doubles you will also be in singles and who will win that? either Holy or Sg. so yeah, dont be greedy.

I don't understand, its not like me and holy have been a dominating force in the teams section since the dawn of time, we actually don't team that often. And if stef's was a close match to me, he would probably be able to do just as well with holy, making the team equally imbalanced and equally predictable and boring.

Furthermore, your point about trying to find out whos better between me and holy individually in doubles is pointless, you said it yourself 1 line ebfore, the point is to find out who is the best team. Even in the case we were separated before, your point is also invalid because it is impossible to have partners of equal strenght, you cannot infer who is the better of the two from 1 tourney. Finally, holy has a huge advantage as he does not have to switch away from his main(le metaknight) and has proven multiple times to be able to outplace me even when we were in opposing teams.

You already know who the best players are in singles, why not DQ me and holy too from there? Statistically speaking, chances are holy will win he won 90% of our sets so far. I don't see why I should bother playing him at all, he should be DQed, predictable finals would be predictable. I don't see how this is any different from you finding the teams finals to be too predictable if it was me+holy.

Finally onto the final point:
"And its so that you and holy dont hog all the money, because assuming you are in doubles you will also be in singles and who will win that? either Holy or Sg. so yeah, dont be greedy."

A)Intentions as to why I am doing this, like when you say "dont be greedy" are irrelevant. Although I must admit the prospective of winning teams to make holy is enjoyable, the prospective of being banned because our team is too good is much more of a bother to me than anything. My intentions are irrelevant to the points I raise, my reasonnings stand on their owns and are not based on logical fallacies. My intentions don't make what I say true or false, what you are doing IS tournament rigging, regardless of my intentions.

B) Discriminating us because we are going to hog all the money is rigging the tournaments. 2 tournaments are being held, in each of them the better players will be competing in order to win, and to you, since we are better in 1 tournament we should not be allowed to be the best in the second one either? That sure seems like discrimination against top players. You shouldn't win money because the TO is rigging the tournament in order to prevent top players from entering either in singles or in teams just to make the tournament "interesting", because then its no longer a tournament, its just you arbitrarily redistributing money people gave you as you see fit. The goal of the tournament is to determine who is best at X, choosing the right partner is a part of this process in doubles, and you are directly interfering with that, which in itself is tournament rigging. You either won the money because you were better or you didn't, altering the rules of the tourney to keep things unpredictable is just plain wrong.

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
so basically you're trolling because you think you won't win in singles and then you wouldn't have a garanteed win in doubles and if you lost that to holy's team you would end up with no money. i issued the ban in the interest of every player present, so if you really want to make a big deal out of this lets just put it to a vote.

yes on swordgard/holy ban
or let them play together.

(again this is only IF there are doubles and IF swordgard actually shows up)

swordgard

Smash Hero
No, being garanteed to win as you call it is not a reason to screw over these players. You don't handicap top players just to make it more interesting, thats not fair to the players who actually worked to get where they are.

A vote doesn't make this any more legit than no vote, the rule is just plain discriminating because you don't like seeing the same players win over and over. Don't want the same players to win? Get better. Don't rig the tourney.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Banning teams is simply ridiculous and just make your tournament look stupid. I think Swordgard already covered the whole thing, but I don't mind low tier instead of doubles if interest is too low for doubles.

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
Btw,where exactly is the spot where you will be waiting for us at the metro,which exit(like,which way you gotta turn after you get off the metro)? And where exactly in that spot will you be waiting for us? Just to be sure.

:phone:

swordgard

Smash Hero
Btw,where exactly is the spot where you will be waiting for us at the metro,which exit(like,which way you gotta turn after you get off the metro)? And where exactly in that spot will you be waiting for us? Just to be sure.

Trick: Find the subway restaurant, its at that exit. basically when you come out of the metro you go right, then left, then right again, walk a while inside the metro venue and youl see a subway. I know because guard does lift same places as I do.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman

Like what SG and Holy said.

Also, you'll see me. If you don't I'll make sure to see you.

I got dem bird's eye view.

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
For all the trouble that occured with doubles, I say we should go low tiers for the maybe second tourney. Pappy isn't to blame I think, he just wanted to give more chance for those who aren't in the elite class. Ban a team isn't a option and I shall recall that this tourney is for fun first of all. But what would be fun, I propose, is that as the ranking is right now, if there is a double, we should team like the best with the worse, 2nd with the second worse etc. It's only based on rankings of course and not to insult lowest players whatsoever. We'll see this live tomorrow, bring your ****in joy for god's sake!! =D

Top Bottom