• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Remastered

Smash Lord
All you need to do BC, and Zydro, is watch what we do differently in each situation. In particular, what we do out of shield. The biggest difference between the top 3, and the rest of Queensland, is we use far less unsafe options, and punish mistakes much harder.

Shout-outs:

Apples: Always good to see you on your game. The matches between you and Jesmo were amazing to watch. I apologize for my off performance in winners finals. 3 hours sleep, and 3 hours between my last match and finals will be my excuse. Glad our matches the next day were much closer. That ****ing chomp is ****ed.

Jesmo: Hopefully I have helped you enough with the Wario MU to beat Chris eventually. Sooo close in the finals. Shame about the LGL rule :p. I hope you enjoyed selling your soul to the devil in crews.

Archaze: Get better, and stop trying new things in finals matches. Luigi is not viable, as much as you would like to think he is. Also, get better at Fox and stop getting gimped and SD'ing you scrub.

BC: By far the most improved at this tourney. Excellent to watch play. So many moments in your game show you are getting a real feel for competitive Smash. Now you need to apply it all game and make every play count. Learn your options. Good job running the show too ;)

Zydro: Honestly expected you to place higher. Far too many close matches around the mid part of losers bracket that could have gone your way. Work on your precision and learn to UpB and grab out of shield. Don't be to quick to go for a kill. Watch my finals matches for a perfect example of how not to play MK. Rushing everything down is only a good option in some MU's, most of which can be beaten by playing conservatively anyway.

Smoking Pup: Good to catch up. Sorry I didn't play melee like I said I would. Sat down to practice early that morning, and couldn't even wavedash properly anymore. Shows what 6ish years without playing the game will do to you.

Gords: Sometimes I feel you try doing too much tech stuff rather than just playing and beating people. Good job on your placing, but now you have to play harder to keep BC from running away from the rest of QLD.

Kaion: Doubles was great fun. More patience will help your singles game a lot. Especially in the MK ditto. You should stick to your IC's. I have more trouble against them, and I feel you play more consistently with them instead of pulling the pocket MK out in clutch matches.

Toki: Compete noob. Though I have much love for your anime feels :D

Pop: We need to play Yugioh more. I really want to try my Mad's against Dark Worlds. Still need a few cards for the deck, but it's coming along nicely. I'll definitely hold a night soon.

Aero: You should use Wolf more. I apologize for the 3 stocking, but that's MK v Zelda sadly. At least with Wolf, the MK MU isn't unwinnable.

Blade: This day will forever be remembered as the tournament where Abe 'The Blade' Lincoln missed out on his chance to be number 1 in QLD. However, the history books will also tell of Jesmo's disgrace against the odds, and his open and bold display of deception towards all that is good in this world. Truly a subpar human, and not worthy of an royalties this world may offer him.

To all the newcomers, Alex, Prinny, JPW, JRD, Mitch. You all have the potential to go places in QLD. The scene has a perfect stepping stone scale of skill that will allow you too progress and improve if you want to improve. Come and start beating us. No one is impossible to beat :D

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Thanks Matt! I'm so glad you think I'm excellent to watch play :)

Newcomers. He is right,. keep coming and you will get better. Look at me, I placed dead last at my first few and now I'v placed 5th and 4th in my last two tournaments.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I'm cut Puppy threw his set after taking a game off Jezmo :(
Playing Jezmo was more than what I was planning to do. =P I figured I played enough Brawl after getting pretty far with JPW in doubles. MK dittos with Jezmo was actually kinda fun, but I lose interest even quicker in any other match up (Brawl Falco is whack, lol).

Remastered

Smash Lord
Falco v MK is mentally draining. Brawl is mentally draining. Basically have to keep off the ground for the first 50% of every stock, and try everything in your power to not give up a percent lead. Ban FD every time, and take Falco to BF, or any stage with medium/high platforms to air camp lasers. I don't mind the Falco MU these days. Wario is a different story. Apparently the MU is decently in MK's favor, but I honestly don't see how.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Shoutouts:

Apollo- Congrats again man and thanks for the recording! I will find out how to play the Wario MU and hopefully make the top 4 places between your self, Jesmo, Matt and I anyone guess :p

Archaze- Thanks for the housing and thanks for helping with the seeding. I felt we had such a balance bracket and I'm happy with how it went! I enjoyed watching you play and I'm really happy to see Luigi vs Wario :)

Zydro- Getting better, sorry you believed you may beat me but I'm glad I told I'm not going to let it happen because I didn't want you to give your hopes up. You are getting good and I will make sure I'll keep trying to stay above your self and Gords as well as reaching Apollo, Jezmo and Matt. I had a fun set with you and sorry it ended like the way it did, I'll be honest the pressure was on for the first stock but I had you downloaded after the first stock so try to not let people download you so fast and mix up more. Keep working though and aim for top 5 again. You can do it :)

Gords- Was great to see you again and was fantasic to talk to you more! I'm glad you will be on our PR and you deserve it for coming to every LANsmash. That Tink is scary and I need to learn how to work around the projectiles. I think we are even imho but we should play more to sort it out ;)

Jezmo- Great sets and no regrets. I'm glad have played you in top 4 and I look forward to more intense games later. I'll be better next time so be ready :p

Aero- Great set that Wolf was great. Unlucky about the Wolf Side B but I was told to Fsmash towards the ledge when he uses it encase that happens. We should speak more often too.

BLADE- I feel there is too much of a negative vibe between us and that would obviously be due to the past. I'd like to fix that, I'll let you decide weather you agree to that as well. Good watching your Kirby and you really made crews hype at the end, I hope you enjoyed it. We need to have a serious match because its been since like, Feb last year and I do believe I can beat you as well as you saying you can beat me and because of placing high twice now and the bracket being seeded I don't think its a case of I can beat others and others can beat me. I'm choosing to hold what Apollo, Matt and Jesmo said about me being a tier of my own.
II'll be happy to MM too. But good seeing you anyway and lets fix the negative vibe :)

Kaion- Always great to see you. Sorry I had to 2-0 you again but I hope you read up on that Lucario MU like you said you will. Would like to play your Samus again too! :)

Alex- Fantastic Game and Watch, really caught me off guard and I hope you work on him and place higher because you can do it. You are doing a great job :)

Mitch- Great Toon link. Very agro and I like that. You have the ability to get good and I'd like to see that so work on that tink :)

Pop- Great to see you again. Great matches and I enjoyed your G&W. I hope to speak to you again! And great work in dubs

JRD- My SSBB student and friend, glad you could come and really impressed how you did vs Puppy. Lucky he didn't go MK or Marth but you did a great job at punishing his choice of a lower tier character :p Work on your MU and mix ups and all you have to do then is improve!

Flone- Great to meet you. You have the ability to get good too so keep working on Toon Link and aim to beat Gords! :)

JPW- My man. Thank you so MUCH for coming! It was great to have you, you are a really good guy and you are enjoyable to have around. Happy you are looking at coming to Lansmash more and hopefully you will get a cheap motel split or hosuig next time!

Tom Nook/Stephan- Was really great seeing you again. Glad you cold enter brawl singles and team with me in Melee. Don't be shy to enter brawl singles even though you wanna wait until smash 4. Its all in good fun :)

Spup- Great to see you again. Glad you got Melee working and thanks for the Melee critic. Next time I'll make sure people get their melee dubs done before going to lunch! I'll try to get someone to make sure brawl singles runs so I can spend some time learning Melee and getting to know the players. To bad about Brawl :( I think you would have done really well after taking a game of Jezmo. I'm sorry you two had to be put to vs first round but I couldn't put you two if anyone else with a lower skill level :(

Haikal- It was great to meet you! I hope to see you again and thanks for the match, I hope my Jiggs was ok :p

Ben- Greta to meet you! Your Pika is fun to play and I hope I did ok in our set match. I'll work on that Jiggs and Mewtwo.

Other Melee players- I didn't really say hi or anything but I'll work on that for next time.

Prinny Flone

Smash Rookie
thanks Arch and Bacon, nearly made me cry (loljks)

was great to see everyone, now i'm just gunna practice toki mode and made people sad :D

also, shoutout to toki because i missed out on my curry as well because i lost my ticket, and being one hellovaguy to play with/against, always fun with the double random ganondorkdorf teams xD

Remastered

Smash Lord
Chris and I will likely be teaming at all future events. Hopefully this will give something consistent in terms of doubles for people to aim for. We didn't drop a game all day, so we will likely work on improving even more on this.

I'll need to lift my singles game a bit. Somewhere between the last lansmash and this one, I got worse. Or Apples just got better.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Chris and I will likely be teaming at all future events. Hopefully this will give something consistent in terms of doubles for people to aim for. We didn't drop a game all day, so we will likely work on improving even more on this.

I'll need to lift my singles game a bit. Somewhere between the last lansmash and this one, I got worse. Or Apples just got better.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
GG to everyone else lol.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Watched the finals matches. Holy **** I was playing badly. I'm actually beginning to feel I may have had my drinks spiked or something O.O

HOWEVER! Watching Luigi in any finals set is enjoyable beyond anything in brawl. I will continue to pocket Luigi in big matches, just because it's awesome to watch something different in the finals. I was actually very happy with my Luigi performance, and I can see areas where I can improve, and maybe tilt those 35/65 and higher MU's in my favor.

Remastered

Smash Lord
The PR has been discussed over the past week. There is still some discussion to be had regarding the tiers people belong in, and the placings between 8-10. Shouldn't be far off guys.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
O.K, I just updated the QLD PR so feel free to go check that out. Any baddies who don't know how to find it, follow the prompts, my friends. http://smashboards.com/threads/brawl-state-power-rankings.334886/

I forgot to do my shoutouts for this tournament, but I'd like to say that it was a brilliant tournament. Smoothly run. I haven't done crews in like, ages. So props to BC for a well run tournament.

Well done Apollo for winning, AD3PT for not selling his soul just to win a crew battle, Gords for playing well throughout the day aside from our last set and everyone else for everything they did.

Now, I also just wanted to put forward the idea of renting two rooms at the Travelodge motel for the next tournament. Aero, Blade, Kaion and I usually do this and Toki used to stay with us as well. It's really close to the venue, internet is cheap and we usually have N64's and lots of other games as well as Brawl.

Matt mentioned doing this last tournament and I thought it'd be a brilliant idea. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this. To me it sounds like it could be a lot of fun because the last few tournaments I haven't seen much of Matt and Apollo and it'd be nice if we were all in one place for once.

JPW

Smash Ace
O.K, I just updated the QLD PR so feel free to go check that out. Any baddies who don't know how to find it, follow the prompts, my friends. http://smashboards.com/threads/brawl-state-power-rankings.334886/

I forgot to do my shoutouts for this tournament, but I'd like to say that it was a brilliant tournament. Smoothly run. I haven't done crews in like, ages. So props to BC for a well run tournament.

Well done Apollo for winning, AD3PT for not selling his soul just to win a crew battle, Gords for playing well throughout the day aside from our last set and everyone else for everything they did.

Now, I also just wanted to put forward the idea of renting two rooms at the Travelodge motel for the next tournament. Aero, Blade, Kaion and I usually do this and Toki used to stay with us as well. It's really close to the venue, internet is cheap and we usually have N64's and lots of other games as well as Brawl.

Matt mentioned doing this last tournament and I thought it'd be a brilliant idea. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this. To me it sounds like it could be a lot of fun because the last few tournaments I haven't seen much of Matt and Apollo and it'd be nice if we were all in one place for once.

i'm happy with that next time. i was actually very lucky to make this one. My sister is staying in the p[ymble house for a while and did a good job looking after Millie at the time. However in about a month she is moving to Dubai for year. Chances of someone looking over Millie could be a bit harder. Especially with my parents travelling in September. I'm gonna try and work out a deal where my brother Andrew takes ownership.

I guess i could look into a kennel thingie though and just have them take care of her for a weekend.

Other then that shoutouts. Forgive me if i don't get all of you it was two weeks ago, or if i misinterpet who some of you are, can't remember all names.

Aerodrome: How did i die by that twice. Still beating mytself up about it. I had the chance to beat you twice and i die by a stupid error. As bjay would say "That's JPW Style"

Apollo: So we finally meet. Shame we didn't get any matches in, would of loved to face you without the lag. Really cool guy, look forward to seeing more of you.

Jesmo: Really cool guy, and i remember facing you way back in the day. Seems like you haven't changed a bit, still put up a hell of a fight.

Archaze: Very good matches. Very good personality. You probably showed the most sportsmanship on the day. And you didn't hesitate to show me a few pointers, and it's nice to know i can go toe to toe with one of the best.

Blade: I like the fact you are a Zelda fan, and i'm feel like an idiot i got caught in that Kirby trap i was trying to outsmart you. I'm glad you didn't use the old inhale trick like you do in Wifi though.

BC: To set that whole thing up was an awesome accomplishment and you should be proud. There's a lot of work that goes into that. I'm glad we got to meet sometimes in the tourney. I really enjoyed the team match Smoking Puppy and I had with you and Zydro. I wish we could of had more 1 on 1's. But the phonecall and then when i got back i saw you busy doing something else, so i looked for someone else to play. my bad. Also thanks for being a champ and making me feel welcome the whole time i was in Queensland.

JRD: I haven't seen many people use the Wiimote and Nunchuck like you. That is a great asset and come Smash 4. I guarantee you'd probably would have an advantage over most of us, because we'll still be adapting to new control setups but you'll be in a whole other ball game. Also i had some fun matches with you.

****ashi: Totally awesome dude. It was cool to chat with you. Had a great time. Pity we never brawled, i can't remember if we did.

Flone: Thanks for the trip home. And thank you for being someone i could beat on the day.

Smoking Puppy: Awesome partener, had a lot of fun teaming with you, and we actually meshed quite well in teams. It actually made enjoy teams. I'm usually not a fan of it. But teaming with you and setting up combos was pretty awesome.

Toki: Not a fan of your texture hacks, i think i tried to avoid your Wii most of the time during tourney mode and the rest of the time. But we did have a few matches, and i'm surprised how well you know the characters. Had some good matches, and you show an area of expertise i've rarely seen.

Zydro: Awesome to hang out with you on the Friday. And you were a lot tougher than i thought you'd be. Then again a good Metaknight is tough. enjoyed our matches even though i was on the losing side.

Poptart: There was someone that went by that name. You were a cool guy and i wanted to get to know you more. But time got the better of us.

Gords: Had an awesome chat with you at the end. And I really like your Toon Link, watching him fight. You're a cool guy, i can't make your tourney this weekend, but i'll try and make the next one, or the next time you have a brawl night. I do miss the brawl and i believe i've grown since last time and can't wait to facve some of the sydney siders again.

J.R.D

Smash Rookie
I'll definitley will be coming to the next lansmash. I had a great time playing you all.

Shoutouts idk if ihave any lol.

Gords: Had a great match with you and your TL if I did hit TL's bomb i probably could of keept going for a bit longer.

Flone: It was fun teaming with you and Thanks for the lift to the stasion

BC: My Brawl Master. It was finaly good to see your all out power With lucario and i could not keep up with you. Well done being TO and placing 4th in singles.

Toki: I want one of those giant massive gamecube controler keypad thing. I was surprised by how well you could do with all the charicters. And i hope to do friendlyes with you again. WTF Why Gordo 4 times With King d3 Lol

Apollo: Well done in GF with wario. Just wondering where is my video when I brawled gords.

JPW: Had fun with you In freindlys and had a good time talking to you on the train to roma.

To everyone else: Next time I Come to lansmash Hopfully I can chat With everyone else to i can get to know you all better

Remastered

Smash Lord
Can someone please tell me why more people in QLD don't play this game.
I can tell you why, but for the sake of another internet **** storm, I'll just go with 'I prefer brawl'. I know quite a few of us had every intention to play melee from the outset, myself included.

I'm very interested in a group hotel thing Jesmo. Would be good to organise for next time. If it's as cheap as you guys said, I'm sure all of us would be willing to pay for the few nights there. I can leave my CRT's in my car anyway, so most of my gear can be kept near the venue.

Remastered

Smash Lord
To quote Zac at the only brawl tournament I saw him enter: 'I can use MK and get top 5 easy in ****ty QLD.'

Proceeds to get beaten by my sister and place last. Then says: 'As much as I would like to have just used Falco and destroy her, I felt bad'

Tiahn uses Pikachu

Brawl Pikachu

Knows the Infinite....

Need I say more?

Edit: Not to mention I told Tiahn I would disown her as a sister if she lost to Zac. She 2 stocked him.

cheese619

Smash Ace
So uh, last time Scabe played Apollo he won. So I think that makes Scabe better than all of QLD at brawl.

/link1

Top Bottom