• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] The Power of Science - TPoS6: 21st April

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i've thought about falcon only. it's defs an option for our after-singles event. any other ideas?

falcon only
low tier
crews
random doubles (character selection and stage selection is picked by random)
ganon only

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Young link and link would **** low tier tourney. Not that I care lol I don't like low tier tourneys at all.

:phone:
Not really...I don't think they are that much better than the characters in low tier....and no one in QLD is GERM/Armada...I don't think the addition would throw out the balance too much...

People overrate YL because he is good against high tier floaties

I think the only characters that would really struggle with the Link(s) in low tier is mewtwo (sorry J-Birds)

I would be tempted to add DK as well...but draw the line at Luigi/Mario/Pikachu

Scrubs

Smash Lord
NTSC Tier List

S: Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff, Sheik
A: Marth, Peach, Captain Falcon
B: Ice Climbers
C: Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Samus
D: Pikachu, Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong
E: Link, Young Link
F: Zelda, Roy, Mewtwo, Yoshi, Mr. Game & Watch
G: Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu

S,A - High
B,C,D - Mid
E,F,G - Low

PAL Tier List

S: Fox, Sheik, Jigglypuff, Falco, Marth, Peach
A: Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers
B: Samus, Ganondorf, Doctor Mario
C: Luigi
D: Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Link, Young Link
E: Roy, Yoshi
F: Mr. Game & Watch, Zelda, Bowser, Ness, Mewtwo, Kirby, Pichu

S,A - High
B,C,D - Mid
E,F,G - Low

*The PAL tier list is ****ing stupid Luigi above Mario/Pikachu wtf??*

Anyway if you kind of combine the two I think low tier should be

DK
Link
Young Link
Zelda
Roy
G&W
Yoshi
Mewtwo
Ness
Bowser
Pichu
Kirby

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
low tier is boring anyway, ima just **** you all with roy again laarrrl

and yes the links would destroy the others.

how about crew singles? you get 1 char from ether S or A tier, 1 from B/C/D and 1 from E or F and play it out normal crew style.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
so antho wants the next tpos at his house. so it'd be great to know when everybody thinks would be a good time so we know if it's possible or not. just figured i'd put this here now so that there's heaps of time to think about it.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
After ACL I will prob only have a weekend or something like 2 weeks after, idk yet, depends on uni. But after that, I'll be busy until like christmas lol, got hardcore uni followed by trip to america!

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I don't think I'll be free till after exams which is November 10th. All good though I'll still get some practice somehow. Might be free for a tourney depending on when it is.

:phone:

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
when we decide when the next one will be i'll contact antho and see if he wants it at his place or not. there's a decent chance it will be.

EDIT: also i'm going to bring the old stage list back. using this restricted stage list has seemed to make a larger number of people unhappy than having lots of stages. also in general i like to try and ban as little as possible from the original game and i still don't think having a large stagelist hurts the scene in any way.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
ruleset is undergoing a change. first two posts will also undergo a slight rearrangement. i'll post again when i've finished it.

also how about mid tier tournament next time? much more variety than low tier.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Antho did it at one tourney i think. apparently the movesets are default NTSC on Pal but they are patched to make the changes and if you customize the game u can just delete the changes or some **** idk.

Dekar knows lol.

edit: btw my steam is aussierob123 i think. add me anybody who wants to.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
yeah, gotta remember this is qld. we don't play smash to win. just cause ganon bodies mid tier doesn't mean everybody's gonna pick him. people pick who they enjoy. if everybody likes playing ganon then there's no problem there.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
So a mid tier tournament is essentially just expanding our normal low tier tournament...(which is what I have been asking for)

Or are we not allowed to choose characters below mid tier... i.e. Mid tier only (cos that is kind of restrictive)

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
falcon only on mute

you counterpick items

sounds like a plan.

actually, i don't really care what tertiary event we run. just low tier has been done now and there are many other "exciting" things we could be trying. i'd like to do something that's not low tier next tourny.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
oh lawdy

falcon ffa tourney

winner of tourney has to shout everyone lunch with prize money (dinner box lawl)

banned stages only tourney

ntsc tourney.. WITH ITEMS

sex with rob

lighting/stamina/single button crews or 2v2

3 man crews (evenly talent spread)

Top Bottom