• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QLD Smash Thread !! !! !!! !!! !! ! !

Sirias

Smash Champion
Cry more, seriously, lol. That's all you're good at, both you and Andy, lmao. XD

Hhmmm, it's weird, the only meets that seem to be happening now are in the Gold Coast, though.
It's not like it used to be, where they would be here (mostly?) although for all I know they could've been happening both at the Gold Coast and up here. HHHMMM...

I was gonna say something further but forgot.

=/ Sucks to hear about your knee, Ben. I hope that you don't turn into a cripple. :C That would make me a very, VERY sad... male. c:
Yeah, I thought Aaron could drive AND has a car. Can't he take you all? Lawl.

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
If you guys are driving...
I'm located at Villa 97C, 4 University Drive Robina

So after you turn into University Drive, turn left into into the street which has a big sign saying "Varsity Shores".
Then you drive up to the gate, dial 97, to which i'll open to gate for you guys.
Then after entering past the gate, turn left and then right, and part in the visitor's parking area just outside villa 97.

Sloth

Smash Ace
I'll call you tonight Chris if I am going^^
I'd love to make it, G&W vrs Metaknight is too freakin awesome. I have a few things I wanna test out all round. And start the up-smash kill practice with IC.

I am determined to be the best in QLD! :)

Anyways, stop all the whining guys. Who cares. It would be ideal to see meets going at both Bris/GC. I still want one of the 7th of june at bob's if anyone is willing to come. !

King Kong

Smash Lord
can't make it sorry my olimar's leetness doesnt leave the house.....

narr i got work sorry:( i think my brother can make it though.
Olimar? Nice. Somehow i should have expected that.

Hope yer knee gits better ben.

Will show up to a meet soon, i promise. Gotta show everyone how broken zelda is.

peace

undead_moose

Smash Lord
txt recived by anthony (vyse)

"Can u post on smashboards that i will likely not make it tommmorow. I've been bed ridden by a headache that refuses to go away for 2 days now"

Txt recived 3 hours after said txt

"itchy....hungry...."

If you get that reference i wuv u

Sirias

Smash Champion
No! It should be 'itchy tasty' not 'itchy hungry'. HE'S WRONG! ALL WRONG!
RESIDENT EVIL REFERENCE IS LOSE! D: <<<
But really, that was creepy when you read that: "My skin began to fall off, pieces of flesh. The people told me not to wear my suit anymore; it wasn't needed. I'm itchy all over. Tasty. Itchy tasty." Or something like that, hahahah. Scary. :c

Ryan, please. Even though I know you're not directing anything towards me it's no reason for me to not get involved.
1) Saying someone sucks at a game isn't that much of an insult, if anything it means they don't bother playing them.
2) The more you make it out to say that you know everything about the game and you're so good, the more you're acting like Zac. And I don't know if you don't like Zac or anything, but I can hazard a guess that you use him in an insulting context.

Also, Andy, honestly, if you've got nothing productive/constructive/GOOD to say, don't say it at all. Although that applies to Ryan as well. And anyone else, including myself.

Isn't the 7th of June like 1 day away (or the day) of your birthday, Bryce?
I haven't been to Bob's in aaagggeeesss...
How to get there? 140? 150?
Bryce, if you're going, is Bob gonna drive you or are you going down some other way?

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Top game Zac wannabe pro boy. Go make out with boyfriend and shh k?

Kas: I like to flame, it's my sole purpose and half my posts on Smashboards.

Ben, Bryce and whoever: Is NSW still on you reckon? I want to hug Jaz because he's a teddy bear <3<3<3

Triss

Smash Journeyman
and the trash talking begins once again.

whats that? i heared from the crystal ball lady that qld is gunna be very competitive again? .... sweet^^

and yeah josh i luv olimar lol hes really good=D

by the way i have like a couple mates who are gunna join the smash scene when the pal brawl comes out

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Lucario is awesome because he's a Pokemon with a spike in his chest. End of discussion. Cannot win unless you are Woxy.

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
Lucario looks like a mutated dog who decided to walk...

Anyway for tmrow, so far I have

djkaion, sloth, accelerate and triss' brother
And a tonne of ???

Sirias

Smash Champion
I know. <3 We all love Zac that much.<3
Just don't call me at 11 PM you cok-sucker. C:
Everyone's asleep by then DON'T ASK ME WHY.

And alright, Andy... IF YOU MUST FLAME. FOCK.
When're you planning on the NSW trip anyway?

WELL I guess I missed it but it's all good, got another haircut LuLZ. c:

Fox x Wolf babies now kgo. Drool drool.

Sloth

Smash Ace
I second @ random 10:30pm call Zak. I was asleep ! I have to get up at 6am every morning to make it to work now. So my sleeping pattern must get fixT.
Anyways

Meet@Chris has been awesome! I sucked badly at the start of the day, but now I'm getting warmed up to brawl and enjoying it. In total we had about 9 people and 3 tv's with brawl going. Although Ryan left early! I didn't get a chance to play your ROB after I had started actually going well !
But it does look sexay. The diversty in characters the QLD scene is starting to have is good.

Bob's place is easy to get too, 140 or 150 to Grandplaza, 140 takes about 40mins. And then we can either pick ppl up, or you can do a 12-15min walk to his house. The only thing we need is Wii's + Brawls. So I can only really hold a meet if Scrubs+Juggy are prepared to come?

I won't end up getting my copy until PAL release!

Sieg

Smash Champion
100th post.

Sloth has a crazy Game and Watch. I'm not even joking. Like, stay away from it in teams. Or anywhere.

Smash meet was fun, had a great time. I actually can't wait till Brawl comes out PAL now so I can start practicing again.

Ryan, our manly Falcon dittos must become tradition.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
If you hold a meet Sloth, I will come, but a meet at bob's house should just be a Bi-Weekly....

Sloth will put the ranking on the first page.... If you can't come to a tourney bad luck...

I think there are about 7 copies of brawl that I know of...

Me
Josh
Juggy
Nick
Chris
Chris
Tris and Rad

Sloth

Smash Ace
Well, we can either set it up as a biweeklie (Ie mini-tournament and placings count), or wait two more weeks and call the one coming up 'Bryce's Birthday - get ****ed up, listen to loud music and play video games night' or.. something shorter.

I'll see, I started work today, still don't know my shifts for friday yet as manager was out alll day long.

However, I have to ask Bob if I can have a party at his place (as it isn't mine). .. p.s if you didn't know kidz, Friday = 6th my 21st.

anyways, discuss. The big thing is brawl copies really. We currently have 2 TV's at bob's.
Or.. on second thought we can easily just have the standard biweeklie on the 7th. !

*edit slight update of first post in the next meetup section*

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
Well, we can either set it up as a biweeklie (Ie mini-tournament and placings count), or wait two more weeks and call the one coming up 'Bryce's Birthday - get ****ed up, listen to loud music and play video games night' or.. something shorter.

I'll see, I started work today, still don't know my shifts for friday yet as manager was out alll day long.

However, I have to ask Bob if I can have a party at his place (as it isn't mine). .. p.s if you didn't know kidz, Friday = 6th my 21st.

anyways, discuss. The big thing is brawl copies really. We currently have 2 TV's at bob's.
Or.. on second thought we can easily just have the standard biweeklie on the 7th. !
Well, the first thing to figure out if we are to have mini-tourneys with placings, is location. I think the other factor other than that is whether or not people want a tourney, but it seems from feedback that they do.

I doubt we could hold proper tourney's at bob's place, unless it is massive.

Other than that, helensvale seems like a good bet because it is near the train station, and in them middle of GC/Brisbane. But to break even we would need to raise like $100+

EDIT: Well, i'm sure radiance/triss would be happy to travel and to lend their copy of brawl which goes the same for me. So that is 2 copies quite easily done.
Anyway, do you want to run the bi-weeklies as a proper tourney thing? And give each player points througout the samsh season like melb?

Also, Bryce add me on msn if u use it, cwoo888@hotmail.com

Sloth

Smash Ace
Well... we can always run two seperate ranking systems, or intergrate them later on. Tournament results will always be more important, but hopefully a mini-ranking system from biweeklies will mean that we have an idea of how good people are and who is improving overall.

For me personally, biweeklie rankings are a testement to helping ones individual standard, and helps promote higher competivite play then non-stop friendlies. ! There is nothing stopping us from later on getting rid of it all together in replace of monthlies etc.. but for tempory fun I think its good.

Feel free to discuss tho!

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
Well... we can always run two seperate ranking systems, or intergrate them later on. Tournament results will always be more important, but hopefully a mini-ranking system from biweeklies will mean that we have an idea of how good people are and who is improving overall.

For me personally, biweeklie rankings are a testement to helping ones individual standard, and helps promote higher competivite play then non-stop friendlies. ! There is nothing stopping us from later on getting rid of it all together in replace of monthlies etc.. but for tempory fun I think its good.

Feel free to discuss tho!
Ok, cool. I'll go get the ranking program then. That is easily sorted. Now when are we gonna meet for this first tourney? The 7th u say?
Btw, I vote for double elim for singles =)

Sloth

Smash Ace
7th is the best date as I may be doing something on the 6th. Juggy is being lame and saying he can't come. So if you get here Chris that is only 2 copies of brawl.
*scrubs and yours*
If we can get a 3rd it will be excellent.

I think double elim too. ! And we can start a tournament ruleset on sat as well. Try and agree on a decent platform of which levels to play off.

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
I'm contributing to the post count.....
You can also contribute by playing brawl and organising meets and tourneys =D

Anyway, 7th sounds good
I'll try chatting to radiance/triss to get them to come if they don't read the boards to make it 3 copies
As for stages, definetely
-FD, BF, Smashville and Yoshi's.
Possibility of Pkm Stadium 2 and Fire Emblem

But I'm personally not too fussed

Sirias

Smash Champion
COOL REBELS COOL REBELS!!

So something's happening at Bob's on... the 6th AND 7th or only 7th?
What're you doing for your 21st, Brycey? C:

SAD STORIES.
MALAMUTE DIED.
LABRADOR DIED.
</3

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Who died??

THE 7th????

GAAAHHHHH

I have so much study to do. I'll have to wait and see how study is going b4 I commit. Even If I don't come I could drop my Wii and Brawl to you at work Bryce.

I'll send Josh a message he will probably want to go... That means another copy of Brawl.

As for stages...

Neutral

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks

Corneria [D]
Bridge of Eldin [D]
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Mario's Circuit [D]
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Pictochat
Shadow Moses Island [D]
Green Hill Zone [D]
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Ride
Onet [D]
Brinstar
Green Greens

We have to at least try the AUS ruleset once before we make any changes......

But I say 2 BANS!!!

Oh and Bob's house is well big enough for bi-weeklies.

Cool outdoor balcony chill area as well.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Who died??

THE 7th????

GAAAHHHHH

I have so much study to do. I'll have to wait and see how study is going b4 I commit. Even If I don't come I could drop my Wii and Brawl to you at work Bryce.

I'll send Josh a message he will probably want to go... That means another copy of Brawl.

As for stages...

Neutral

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks

Corneria [D]
Bridge of Eldin [D]
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Mario's Circuit [D]
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Pictochat
Shadow Moses Island [D]
Green Hill Zone [D]
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Ride
Onet [D]
Brinstar
Green Greens

We have to at least try the AUS ruleset once before we make any changes......

But I say 2 BANS!!!

Oh and Bob's house is well big enough for bi-weeklies.

Cool outdoor balcony chill area as well.

Sorry guys. gonna be home till monday the 9th. I hand in my last piece of assesment on the 11th, then i am done. I also quit subway. So i will have loads of smash time ahead.

BTW, anyone who hasnt checked out Azen vs M2k needs to go do so now.

peace out

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
Bryce just called and said:
-He can't make it until 6:30pm on Sat, but that we should go on ahead without him and that he can meet up with us later
If Bryce/Ben can't organise it, I can set up all the vs matches
What do people think? Should we proceed for Sat, wait till Sunday etc?

Sirias

Smash Champion
Gimpyfish = <3

Matches be boring in Brawl.
NOT EXHILARATING ENOUGH!

Smash can still be kool.
If we try hard enough it can be! HONEST!

So 7th/8th at Bob's?
Or Saturday/Sunday, rather.

Top Bottom