• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QLD Smash Thread !! !! !!! !!! !! ! !

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Brawled for a while today with K-0S and Rune.
Good matches guys. I'm quite satisfied with how my Diddy played today. Mario + Wolf projectile spam gets annoying though. I got a couple of 3-stock wins which was good : 3

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
errrrAHHHHHH (turns super saiyan 1000 000 000 from the frustration)
then i realise that i can just use instant transmission to get to brissy
yay 4 all.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I would so totally host a Bi-weekly if I could -_- But I can't accomodate more than like, 2 people lol /John.
With DJ out of the loop, somebody else is going to have to step up, or else Chris and I are just going to Brawl at Nick's again.

: D

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
nah it had 4. :) just mates hu r more dedicated to the game than i thought. but they r up 4 at least twice a week brawling so i'm happy :)

@ Get that rat: if u live in brissy as ur profile suggests its an 1 1/2 hours .... so not too bad...

Kust0m

Smash Cadet
So there is no where to host the bi-weeklies anymore?

I would be able to host them.. thing is, I don't know if anyone would want to travel to me.

I live in Redcliffe, just outside of Brisbane, in a place of my own with 2 mates, we have a double lock up garage that is empty and could be used, or we have a lounge room with 4 big couches in it. Numbers wouldn't be a problem, we have tonnes of room - plus no limit on the amount of noise or trouble we make.

There's a store just around the corner where you can buy hot food from (1 min walk literally), or maccas and hungry jacks are 5 minutes drive away.

People could easily catch the Shorncliffe train from Central Station, get off at Sandgate station and catch a bus. Probably an hour and 45 minute trip from Central.

I can provide more details if people are keen.. I'm just putting the idea out there or 'stepping up' as vyse put it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Kust0m, you would be my hero if you lived just a little closer =_=
It take's me an hour as it is to get to Central by train.

It depends I guess.
Kust0m, how long would you and your mates be able to host a group of people? If you/we bought sleeping bags or whatever we could have a 'Smash til Dawn' session (Also known as an STD)

>.>

I think then people would be more willing to make the trip. If you were willing, we could make a trip to your place a 6-weekly trip.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
vyse, if you were to have a STD session along with a tournament I may try and make my way up there :D

Queensland, specifically the Gold Coast, is my home turf after all. :D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It could certainly be feasible. And it could be something to tide the scene over until QBB.
It all depends on what Kust0m wants to do. We could definitely have a Queensland Ranking Tournament if somebody was able to host an STD.

Kust0m

Smash Cadet
Kust0m, you would be my hero if you lived just a little closer =_=
It take's me an hour as it is to get to Central by train.

It depends I guess.
Kust0m, how long would you and your mates be able to host a group of people? If you/we bought sleeping bags or whatever we could have a 'Smash til Dawn' session (Also known as an STD)

>.>

I think then people would be more willing to make the trip. If you were willing, we could make a trip to your place a 6-weekly trip.

That's a pretty good idea actually. I'll run it by my house mates, but they are smash fans to (not as much as me) so it should be ok, besides, it's my place too.

We've got a spare room plus ample space in the garage as i said and the living room so there is plenty of room to crash.

Saturday to Sunday STD at my place. Sounds good.

If theres enough interest for it.. i say let's do it.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Redcliffe? Is that the place close-ish to Deception Bay? I go up there pretty often (Deception Bay), so I should come by sometime. c:
And if I can I'll be up there earliest Friday. I might come 'round later on Saturday if my friend's up for driving me, or I have directions of getting there via trains/buses.
... I really should get a car.
With my insanely massive amount of money, oh yeah, totally. =/

Anyway, that being said...
I can have a few people at mine as well, plus we have 3 TVs (1 plasma). Maybe around... 5? We've got a pull-out couch and 1 other couch for people to crash on (that's 3 people) plus people can sleep in my bed so that's another 2 people and I'd just sleep on the floor because that's where I like sleeping anyway. d:

But, as with Bob, I live quite a ways away from the City.
Mt Ommaney. d: Good luck getting here.
It's only 40 minutes from Central (via bus, if you take the train it takes about an hour (because of the walk here)) but that's also from the time it takes for the people to get to Central. So like... an hour and a half at least for most (if you take into account bus times as well).
... So not worth it.
So much easier at Ben's. d:

Ahh well. </3

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
That's a pretty good idea actually. I'll run it by my house mates, but they are smash fans to (not as much as me) so it should be ok, besides, it's my place too.

We've got a spare room plus ample space in the garage as i said and the living room so there is plenty of room to crash.

Saturday to Sunday STD at my place. Sounds good.

If theres enough interest for it.. i say let's do it.
Despite the distance away you live. You are still my hero :laugh:
I'll add you on MSN, and we'll chat.

Yokai

Smash Ace
Redcliff is northside :(

I dunno if id be able to come, id try but with work n uni it would all depend on date.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Far out, I haven't played smash against people in ages......if I don't play soon I'll go and have withdrawal symptoms which involves me studying all day instead of playing smash all day =(

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I'd be up for going to Toowoomba sometime for some Smash n games.
Its only an hour or so away.
Just not at the moment, maybe when I can be bothered, wee.
And Wii.

Recliffe area is really nice as well.

In other news.:
Where'd everyone go?

Kust0m

Smash Cadet
Redcliffe? Is that the place close-ish to Deception Bay? I go up there pretty often (Deception Bay), so I should come by sometime. c:
And if I can I'll be up there earliest Friday. I might come 'round later on Saturday if my friend's up for driving me, or I have directions of getting there via trains/buses.
Yes, that's right, its just near D-Bay

Sirias

Smash Champion
Heheh, D-Bay, cute. <3 That's what everyone calls it, apparently. Gotta get with the times, gotta be hip, d-bay.~
Alright, then. d: If I get your address anytime soon I might be able to come. Otherwise... I won't be? XD

And yeah - where did YOU go, Bobsy? :C Haven't seen you post here in a millennium or so. I remember you saying, ages ago, that you couldn't be bothered going through the QLD thread because it was so pointless and full of spam, though.

Depending on how many people can make it to yours, Kustom, I might go. c:

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
If a meet is happening, can I drive to your place so you can take me? <3
If you do, I'll play lots of 1v1s against you with MK since I know you love him =)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yokai and I are trying to come up with a crew motto. Here's some ideas we've got so far:

The Ward: Insanity is not a John
The Ward: In Smash, We Trust
The Ward: Plead Insanity

I like all of them : 0

Also, Kustom! lets talk on MSN lol.

Either way, we can still organize it here on smashboards.
I'd be up for it any old time just about. So why don't you go ahead and say when you would be willing to host an STD.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Sigh we named ourselves the ward for such a stupid reason i cant believe it lasted so long

I remember there was a ward for each team member based on what character they played like there was a burn ward for someone who used samus at the time cant remember so long ago. so old want to be young again young naive sitting in calss thinking of something i should do stupid real world crap.

ALSO
ben is gay... for some reason =D

Having facial hair also sucks *** need laser surgery or something so i never have to shave again what i would do to get Kaos'es'e's'essses''esssss'essse'sss non facial hair ness

and vyses brain

and the heart of hitler.

Did you know that in the 80s female rock stars took the stage? whores should give it back some time.

Chris you should come over some time i would love to practice with you need you to teach me leet ike tech caus you are smash god next to ryan.

Seeing batman today but i already know what happens thanks to ryan what a duckhead duck sucker duck =D

Sieg should be getting id4 soon so we will be sure to hear from him when he gets it saying ZOMG ID4 IS AWESOME NUBS

Doug seems to be keeping up with the boards now which is strange like a woman having a high paying job WHOOPS SEXISM so sue me

So aparently roy mewtwo toon zelda and shiek are in brawl just cant get em which is gay i would of liked to see a well moddled roy with his own move set and not so clone ish but sakurai has a weird chain of thought that dictates that less characters = better

secret password for the tourny is the german word for assualt my sheep say it there and get a free smack

heh so much spam but im hardly on here anymore only when alot of drama breaks out or when syke has a cry which is alot//// caus i wub him not really but dont tell him that

Spam is spam

eat up

Kust0m

Smash Cadet
Okay. I'm just gonna go forth and lay out a date for this STD.

What does everyone think of the weekend of Saturday the 9th and Sunday the 10th of August?

Or if people don't want to wait, I can bring it forward to the 2nd and the 3rd.

But i thought in the interests of organising a decent showing and for people to have enough notice that the 9th and 10th sounded good.

Or - we can make it a later date.

Opinions?

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
I'd love to come on the 9th/10th but I have an exam on the 11th so I probably shouldn't
As for the other date, possibly depending how well I'm into revision, but don't worry about me - go ahead if the others are free =)

Top Bottom