• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QLD Smash Thread !! !! !!! !!! !! ! !

King Kong

Smash Lord
Howdy folks, just wanted to ask your opinions on chaingrabbing infinites.

Im posting it here because I dont want a debate in the rules discussion forum between Melbourne and QLD again, so this is for QLD tournaments specifically.

The ones im talking about are Dedede's infinite on DK, or any characters infinites on Lucas/Ness.

In parts of america like New York, infinite chaingrabbing is completely banned. Im not proposing that we ban it completly, but limit the number of times that you can CONSECUTIVELY grab someone to say four times.

This keeps characters like Lucas playable, and means i can still use DK in tournaments and have a chance.

peace out

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Infinites should obviously be banned...though I'm hearing rumours that Ness and Lucas can escape...but I dont know how...

My trip is being postponed for a long time due to awesome nerve damage in my hands...having to quit games for a few months....but yeah, I'll still come up eventually...

Also Sloth...that musta been a really hot girl >_<

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If my Dedede comes up against your DK, I'll chaingrab you 'across' a stage, but not infinitely. I won't chaingrab somebody to the point of creating an infinite. Meaning walkoffs and walls are a no-no when I am playing him.

I don't care if it's allowed or not. Same with the release grab, I'm not going to sit there all day doing that.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I'm playing Brawl online right now, lol.
LAG times INFINITY.
=/

Aww. Finally get Wolf and start playing and my sister's gonna leave soon anyway.
Boohoo.
Man people suck. d:

Rage. Where are people's BFCs now?
The Aussie Thread fails. d:
Pretty sure more people have Brawl here. Maybe?

Mine is:
4253-4955-8277
OH WOW.
That'll only work for... 5 more days. WEE~
Oh well.

And Ben, I can't really just come over whenever I like...
I 'would' txt you... but I can't tell if you actually receive it, because you don't really txt back... ever. c:
Where's Windsor? Sounds familiar.

Jeeeiii!!!~~~ <333

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Lucas/Ness are able to escape if the grabber doesn't DI towards the opponent ever so slightly while holding them, and the Lucas/Ness DIs away.

Also the Lucas/Ness will escape with a 'JUMP' if you don't hit them with your throw-hit right before they're going to break free. So if a Lucas/Ness really studies well how long it takes for them to get out of a throw and what have you, they'd probably be able to get out of throws a lot easier.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I'll teach you Brawl if you re-teach me Melee Kas.

I would text back..

Infinites are a hard topic... I think the Marth one should be limited to say 50%

The DeDeDe one should be limited to about the same...

Sirias

Smash Champion
Wha? I've been playing Wolf for ages. <_<;;
I was playing him when you were over at Nick's.
I play lots of characters, I just like Wolf because Wolf is sexy. c:

I'd re-teach you Melee, lol, but it's not like I really have anything to teach you.
I can't really believe that any of you have become 'so' bad at it. =/
I already know how to play Brawl, I just can't be bothered learning anything fancy. d:
Not that there are really that many fancy things in Brawl, at least not when compared to Melee.
Fun times, fun times.
Fox is still cute sexy.

FOX AND WOLF.
GOD.
MAKE BABIES!

Oh, by the way, when's good for me to come over?
This is to anyone, by the way. d:

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Come over whenever Kas I told you already!!

We need to get sirias about the QLD rule set....

Obviously 3 Stock, 8 minutes

Everything about stalling etc from Melee

No DDD rule that was lame....

Stages

Neutral

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks

Pokemon Stadium
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Ride
Onnett
Brinstar
Green Greens

Banned

Skyworld
Pictochat
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Bridge of Eldin
WarioWare
Mushroomy Kingdom
New Pork City
Donkey Kong Aracde/75M
Port Town
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Big Blue
Hyrule Temple
Rumble Falls
The Summit
Elektroplankton
Spear Pillar
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone

???

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
The stage does fall away, and u can hit the spinny thing so that he cant throw you past that point without getting interrupted. I thought u were putting a restriction on the DDD chain anyway, so it wouldn't really matter would it?

Scrubs

Smash Lord
so does castle siege and distant planet

distant planet is on but not green hill zone? hrm :ohwell:
This is the QLD thread fool!

Castle Siege doesn't have walk-off edges 100% of the time

The rain in Distant Planet stops people abusing the walk off edge..

And Zac I'd prefer input from someone who actually plays the game...

Melee is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y57Yq6tEq9w

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Despite green hill's stage falling away, the walkoffs are always there. All Dedede has to do is camp in the right place and wait for you. If Dedede grabs you, and you aren't facing the right way, then say goodbye to that stock. (AND the stage doesn't fall away for a while).

Same problem with distant planet. The rain is there, but it's intermittent. Distant planet needs to be at least DDD banned.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
The rain comes pretty often, so you can just not approach DDD until he is forced away from the edge by the rain...

Similar to how peeps used to camp in the rock form of Melee Pokemon Stadium

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I know another great game, It's called DotA.

DotA tommorow? Triss, Rad, Juggy?

Well this is a reminder to anybody who wants to go, It's tommorow at Gforce in Southport. Be there bright and early before the place gets ***** by Koreans.

EDIT:
70 most used thread tags on SWF for your amusement.

arizona avatar awesome brawl brawl sucks bros california captain falcon character cheap combo diddy kong discussion drapetomania eor was here falco falcon fight fox fun ganondorf gerbil was here glitch guide juan is the best marth kevinm was here kirby link links for alberta lol lucario lucas mafia matchups matt was here mccloud combo melee melee > brawl memphis = best sonic metaknight music ness newbie noob olimar online pikachu pokedex entry pokemon pokemon trainer samus sheik sig shop smash snake sonic spike ssbb ssbm stage sticky please the devil was here the dinkoman was here tires don exits tournament tourneys video win yoshi zelda

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well to everybody who may or may not read this, Nick's holding a little bit of a meet tomorrow.
Contact him if you want to come.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
- Luv how your saying so much about something u don't own. I have the game and I finished it the day I got it, it wasn't a challenge, although to someone like you turning the game on is a challenge.
As for its predecessor it was equally **** if not worse. -

|| Now to sell on ebay before others work out how bad it is.||

~ anyway a loser always try's to hide there tracks, now back to smash....~

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol, flame wars begin.

I guess you're on holidays or something then, Ben?
I would imagine that you'd be doing SOMETHING on SOME days, which is why I want to be sure if I can come over, and since you don't reply to txts, I can't tell! Ololo. C:

Melee is awesome, if only I had my memory card to play it. :C

I'm alright at Brawl, I think, for the amount of time I play it, which is never.
Except SubSpace, can't really count that as anything, though, except lame fun. d:

My brother just stole all my clothes. =/
That's not kool, not kool at all, had to buy a heap more, sigh, sssiiigh.

I wonder what Bryce is doing these days, I saw him in the City a week ago, that's the last time I saw him.
Need to find out where he is in Windsor, was it?

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Halo 3 is crap

I went there

Well the small meet i had today went well.... i didnt get completely owned so thats good

Ninja gaiden needs more dead or alive characters.... in swimsuits

Kas try calling ben instead of txting caus ben picks up more then he replies to txts...

Needs more......

<3

Top Bottom