• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| | [Qld CoK Thread] - Smash Talking's etc | |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.100

Smash Cadet
Woo I spent my entire weekend going to parties, getting smashed and playing smash. Luigi for top tier!

I am still trying to decide a main but Wolf plays well for me, except I keep suiciding with b-across. If there is a tournament I'll be bringing around 5 friends.

NG7

Smash Lord
Facking heckz. Brawled without me again.

I got home at 6am on Monday so i was asleep for the Brawl part of the day. Oh well.

Sirias

Smash Champion
wifi for lose

don't have internetz anymore for some reason it just died so im leeching off someone elses right now but im sure its gonna die any sec

yay for new job c: should go get one myself serial
not because i need money but just cuz i want something to do =/

smash is for lose now dont even wanna play it anymore :c

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Yer I'm going to sell my copy of brawl and probs the Wii soon, have played everything and there's only mario kart too come >_> Might go solo halo now, there's comps all over brizzy every week or so with $200+ prize money.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Lol Kas.

About two pages ago you said Brawl is win.

I don't understand your logic, it confuses me.

MT is where the money is haha.

Or where the money goes.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Omigod, watching brawl tournament video's is like stabbing yourself in the eye with a rusty nail.

wtb melee tournaments again if it all becomes campy camp camp campy lol lol camp.
And yet the stages Melb ppl want = CAMP EXTREME. I hate the world </3

Sirias

Smash Champion
No one should really heed anything I say because none of what I say is really... real. c:
I like Brawl when I like it.
Otherwise I hate it.
Makes sense~

5 copies and with Chris (new guy) and 100 (other new guy) bringing around 5 friends (incl. themselves) that's 12 people right thur. c: Would need like 8 copies for it to go smoothly, but then you'd need 8 T.Vs, and then you'd also need T.Vs for Melee (if that'll be at the same time as Brawl).
Too many people omg make them go away. :c

You're so emo, Bryce.
Sif hate the world.
Only hate yourself. <3

Don't worry the QLD scene is really just 'meh' about everything. Mostly when it comes to Smash. Or games in general I think.
Apart from Halo with Zac, that's about the most competitive you can get with games these days, lulul.
Oh and Ben with Brawl but sorta not 'cuz Ben's all: "Melee is awesome." So he's slowly turning back, har~ jk

Nick you've a crappy internet connection, wouldn't your WiFi games be laggy?

Mr.100

Smash Cadet
I like brawl...

Oh and 3 of those people have copies of Brawl and I am sure there are others in Brisbane who haven't found this place yet.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Poor Toai. :c
Should go down to Nick's, he isn't doing anything except playing Brawl so he's always got spare time for people. c:
And I thought Ben's got the week off Uni (though he'd obviously be doing other things other than playing Brawl ( I WOULD HOPE )).
I'd come 'round and stuff but going somewhere tomorrow and then 'maybe' going down to the Coast on Saturday (depending on whenever I'm finished doing whatever I'm doing on Friday), otherwise Sunday.

Well I think people play Brawl but not competitively, you know? I mean sure they'd enjoy playing people a bit more seriously every now and then but... most people don't find games much of a thing to put money on the line for. c:
Well not 'most'.
But at least not for Smash (anywhere other than America).

Why do so many people have Brawl and it's not even PAL, man, seriously. L2Wait! D: <

Sloth

Smash Ace
I never said I don't like brawl or asked if people did.

It's just failface at spectator sport. I'd rather watch Kas play with a dog <3

Sieg

Smash Champion
I like Brawl.

But I think people find it more of a fun game than a competitive one.

All of us cbf playing competetivly again, after Melee and the constant playing for about 2 years.

As Kas said, we're Meh.

EDIT: OMFG KAS WITH CUTE GLOWY EYE DOGGY WEEEEE XXXXXP

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Don't worry Mr 100, tons of people want to play competitively...

WI-FI is awesome....

I can play against Bjay(Sydney) with no lag. It is sweet. For some reason I get lag when I play Nick though, he only lives like 50kms away, go figure?

Mr.100

Smash Cadet
Hey Scrubs, did you add me to MSN? If so what is your MSN name/email?

My main concern at the moment is that whilst NSW and Melb seem to be embracing brawl we seem to be resenting it. I can understand that you guys have been playing competitively and that a lot of you do not want to bother learning a new game. However I feel it is time to start cultivating a healthy competitive environment.

Brawl is not as technically competitive as Melee but I think that the number of competitive players will be far greater in brawl. It is the community that determines the success of a potentially competitive game. And I think we need to get the ball rolling.

P.S my F.C is 2964 8440 4947 if any wants to add it.

NG7

Smash Lord
If i had brawl things would be different for sure.

But.

I don't have a wii either LOL

Sirias

Smash Champion
We're just lazy-ish.
I mean if I could I would play Brawl with people...
Although I guess people would say otherwise while I was at Nick's.
But that's because ON THAT DAY I didn't really feel like playing Smash. c:

I don't think people are unmotivated to play it just because it's a new game.
It's really just the 'buying' it part that people cbf doing.
Needing NTSC Brawl + NTSC Wii (Japanese or otherwise) or a Freeloader or Wiikey or w/e... dunno, hassle-y.

Brawl is fun, Melee is (or I guess now 'was' since I just lost all my... caring for Melee at Nick's) funnererer.

I think you're looking at in terms of embracing it competitively?
We still play it, we play it for fun, though.
I suppose that's only for me, and maybe some others, I don't know.
The other fomos may be playing it more but we're probably still better than them anyway. c:

Lol, Ben, you're maining Lucas?
That makes you 'that' much easier to beat. <3

Sloth

Smash Ace
I'm going to play it competitively. Just because I enjoy beating people!

Its the only way I have fun in a game :)

When I come back to QLD. I am going to try to become the new 'CAOTIC' ie. I'll try to organize all the tournaments for brawl in the upcoming year. Still. I just hope the metagame develops off playing a defensive style soon and more people become fluid with aggression. I AM SO HUNGOVER WTF HAPPENED LAST NIGHT.

Mr.100

Smash Cadet
^Cool. I am sure the metagame will develop past camping. If everyone starts being an arrow spamming Pit then others will use characters with reflectors. Currently I am training my Wolf to be as aggressive as possible.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I only wanna play it if my Wolf is better than everyone else's. c:
So far so good. C:
Ho ho ho...............
Oh well I'll still use Foxxie anyway.

Lolol.
Let's do Bi-weeklies.
Then Tri-weeklies.
Then Monthlies.
To be just like Melbourne woohoo.~

Bryce that's so mean - because you enjoy beating people, lmao.
That's probably the one thing I don't like. :c
And hungover? NOWAI! Without me? Not kool. D: <

People will only be defensive if they use projectile characters.
I say ban characters with projectiles!
YEAH!
Except Wolf. c:
And Fox. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom