• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Anyone on the south side of brisbane want to practice melee with me?

You can come to mine or i'll go to urs or whatevs, i'm free mondays, wednesday arvos and early friday morning.

Any meets happening this week? Also, what happened to that nathan campus meet that was supposed to be happening? Haven't heard from those guys in awhile. Then again i should probably read their thread :p

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Anyone on the south side of brisbane want to practice melee with me?

You can come to mine or i'll go to urs or whatevs, i'm free mondays, wednesday arvos and early friday morning.

Any meets happening this week? Also, what happened to that nathan campus meet that was supposed to be happening? Haven't heard from those guys in awhile. Then again i should probably read their thread :p
I'm willing to go pretty much anywhere to play Melee....

Same goes for your Ryan..times??

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I'm in annerley ben. Where are you? can you practice wednesday arvo?

I'd like to go to that meet ryan. I haven't met you before though. Are you alrite with some random dude going over?

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
what to expect from seaDORF:
short hop laser short hop laser, attempted dair spike... SD
still spare some time to play brawl with me ya ***
I'll start practicing melee with you after RC.. promise.. maybe

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
lol i don't do that anymore. I've learnt my lesson. **** going off edge with falco.

Btw, to the people who play both games... Is it just me or does anyone else find it hard to adapt once you've played the other? I played brawl last night and this morning i played melee and it took me 30 mins of failing before i was warmed up. I need to find a way to adapt quicker cos i'm ****ed if i play both games in tournaments.

When i say failing, i just mean not getting l-cancels, like at all and full hopping when i'm trying to short hop. Just takes me awhile to get it right.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
if you're going between games just l-cancel in brawl. as far as i know pushing the l/r button halfway down does nothing in brawl. so you keep the l-cancel feel with you between games.

course i don't play brawl, but that's just what i find when i do end up playing brawl.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
lol i don't do that anymore. I've learnt my lesson. **** going off edge with falco.

Btw, to the people who play both games... Is it just me or does anyone else find it hard to adapt once you've played the other? I played brawl last night and this morning i played melee and it took me 30 mins of failing before i was warmed up. I need to find a way to adapt quicker cos i'm ****ed if i play both games in tournaments.

When i say failing, i just mean not getting l-cancels, like at all and full hopping when i'm trying to short hop. Just takes me awhile to get it right.
Just get better

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Its a problem known to smashers since the beginning of time.

Mew2king has had to drop out of Melee brackets in the past because it was too hard for him to swap.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Thurs - Sun?
The hell? Lol.
I'm keen if it's seriously 3 days long.
Txt me wubz <3

Also, yeah.
It's not that hard to switch between them, but it takes a while to get used to switching between them.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I main falco in melee and i think my problem with l-cancelling stems from me overestimating his falling speed. I press L way too early so i guess practice will help me get used to that. I L cancel fine with marth/ganondorf.

Well, i'm happy to have up to 4 people at mine on wednesday arvo if people are keen. Melee only though. I only have 1 set-up so 4 would be the absolute max. I'm fine with having just one person to play with though. So yeh, just post through here if you want to come. I live in annerley and the meet can start at 2 and go until whenever. I don't have plans that afternoon/night.

I only want to practice melee though so no brawl. I will PM you the address and my mob number if you're keen.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Wave Dashing in brawl is hard.
I hear ya. Drives me insane trying to do it.

I'm interested for Wednesday and Thursday for Melee. Hell even this arvo after work I could play smash (either game) with someone. Did you need brawl practise oldman? I sure do.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Sounds good, gotta leave on Friday, though. I'll bring my Baileys since I can't spend much and just drink all of that lol. d:
Only half a bottle left, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom