• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QAC with tap jump?

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Now, I've always had a little bit of a problem pulling off QAC's, however, recently I've put tap jump back on and its made them a lot easier. As I'm landing into the ground with quick attack I just hold up if I want to do any move thats not dair or thunder. I can get all aerials out of this easier this way, no real timing necessary, however pulling off nair is a little trickier.

Does anyone else here QAC with tap jump? How do you QAC?

gallax

Smash Hero
most people have tap jump off. my finger speed allows me to hit the x-button in time to cancel the qac. this is the same with most people. though hitting the x-button is my preference. some people use the y-button, z-button, or the l-trigger.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
isaccard, I do the same thing you do. I can't move my fingers quick enough to QAC using a jump button. So even though I do all my normal jumping with Y, when it comes to QAC, I have to have tap jump on and do the same as you.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Tap jump is too good to not have on. :/

QAC is the shiz though. Get it consistent and you could be alot better.

/thunder.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I use a classic controller. My jump button is right next to my specials button. My other jump button is next to my attack button, which is also next to my specials button. I LOVE this controller layout.

But anyway, Tap Jump off for me. I like my u-tilt.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=]

Tap jump on for me as well.
I tried adapting to tap jump off QAC's and QAC combos on many an occasion and I just can't get it down.

QAC's are MUCH simpler with tap jump on. If you'd like to jump/SH > QAC, you have to press X/Y then Up+B with tap jump off. With tap jump on, simply flick Up on the joystick slighty and Up+B. It's too easy.

I find QAC > Nair easy with tap jump on. What I do is I use X to jump coming out of a QAC, but Up on the joystick otherwise (though I use X to SH too). Maybe that's just me?
I also find u-tilts virtually useless unless I'm comboing into them. When I do combo into them, I have never once made the mistake jumping instead of u-tilt. Therefore, tap jump off is totally unnecessary for u-tilts.

Anther also plays with tap jump on. I find it too easy to use effectively.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I use off. About a month ago I was thinking about changing to on, but I decided to keep it to off after having a talk with Anther (he uses on). Basically, you should use what if comfortable for you.

Either way is relatively easy. Learning how to up before and after a QAC isn't hard. It just takes time a practice. Just do what works for you. :)

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I think i alternate from tap jump to X to tap Jump to X ect
That's exactly what I do. I alternate. I press Up on the joystick sometimes to begin a QAC and also if I plan to full jump > t-jolt.
Otherwise, X for SH and X for jumping out of QAC's.

K 2

Smash Lord
I use tap jump off. It allows me to use utilts. As for Tap jump and QAC, I think its more of personal preference and what you're comfortable with.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty new to brawl, but I stuck with tap jump on since I use a nunchuck. I think tap jump is rly intuitive and for me, using utilt is easier than trying to do nice QAC's with using the c button or something for jumping. I'm also a lefty which, idk, might help me manage the control stick more precisely. Either way, with tap jump on or off, it just takes some practice.

Top Bottom