• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QAC is Back! UPDATE!!

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
Everybody who plan on using Pikachu in Sm4sh probably already know this, but just in case I will state it here. Pikachu can perform the technique QAC by only landing on sloped ground and the end of ledges. A great example would be me demonstrating it on the video below. The stage was at an angle when I was performing it.

PIKACHU using QAC in SSB for WII U
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8HZRwWN7lHc

LONG LIVE PIKA!!!:pikachu:

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whoa seems like it's back indeed! This is going to do well for Pikachu for sure!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
With this, I'm sure Pikachu will be at least B tier

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
YAAAAAAAAS *****ES YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

THE MAIN ***** IS BACK ON TOP TO WATCH THE REST OF DEM ******* FLAWP

Last edited:

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little late to the party but I am so glad QAC is back. When I read on Reddit that it was gone, I wanted to cry.

Veggi

Smash Champion
This technique is really fun and I feel like it really compliments Pikachu's being/playstyle. I'm very happy to see it back. Hopefully it's not too hard because I won't want to learn it if it's any harder than the Brawl version.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Yes!

I came on just to check this.

Now we just need to figure out if Greeninja's Up B also has a QAC. :)

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
By the chus, it's back! My secondaries are growing in number.

Soul.

Lol, SmashWiki says Pikachu can't do the QAC anymore.

I guess they haven't seen the video. It's already confirmed to be in. I suppose their news are dated, but oh well.

Last edited:

Soul.

My friend confirmed again its back at the SDCC tournament.
Great. Next stop is that every Pikachu main sees if QAC'ing is still possible in the final version.
Just asking, is it back on the Wii U version only or is it on the 3DS version as well?

monkokaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
monkokaio
3DS FC
4468-1090-0122
yea i had problems *at first* but i figured it out pretty fast
What do you mean it gave you problems at first? Is it more difficult to do than in Brawl? Or did you just not realize you were doing it?

Soul.

What is a QAC?
Quick Attack Cancel, an advanced technique that only Pikachu can perform. Its use is very simple in that you use the move into the ground and jump right after to cancel the lag at the end of the momentum, making approaching easier for the character.

This is the QAC in Brawl, but the orignal post of this thread has the video of it in Smash Bros. 4.

Last edited:

ZackTheGreat

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZackTheGreat
3DS FC
4227-2410-9609
Quick Attack Cancel, an advanced technique that only Pikachu can perform. Its use is very simple in that you use the move into the ground and jump right after to cancel the lag at the end of the momentum, making approaching easier for the character.

This is the QAC in Brawl, but the orignal post of this thread has the video of it in Smash Bros. 4.
I've been trying to do this move for ages, but I always seem to hit the ground instead of doing a cancel. I'm just glad that my attempts to learn this move will transfer into Smash 4!

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean it gave you problems at first? Is it more difficult to do than in Brawl? Or did you just not realize you were doing it?
I was trying to QAC on brawls timing but on smash 4 in the demo it was a different timing. Besides i was playing with the pro controller sadly

Soul.

I've been trying to do this move for ages, but I always seem to hit the ground instead of doing a cancel. I'm just glad that my attempts to learn this move will transfer into Smash 4!
You need to be precise. Just keep practicing and you'll use it perfectly. I think you'll be able to practice more on Smash 3DS because of the portability and good online multiplayer. QAC is confirmed for this version if you didn't know already. (Yes, it's also on Smash Wii U.)

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Lol, SmashWiki says Pikachu can't do the QAC anymore.

I guess they haven't seen the video. It's already confirmed to be in. I suppose their news are dated, but oh well.
Sigh SmashWiki is unreliable once again, although give it a few weeks they'll fix it, although QAC is a little bit harder to perform this time around compared to Brawl.

Soul.

Sigh SmashWiki is unreliable once again, although give it a few weeks they'll fix it, although QAC is a little bit harder to perform this time around compared to Brawl.
At this point, I think SmashWiki is unreliable---well, that could change when the games are released.
Yeah, QAC is a bit difficult to perform, but at least it's there. It's still going to work the same way it did in Brawl, so that's a good thing.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
At this point, I think SmashWiki is unreliable---well, that could change when the games are released.
Yeah, QAC is a bit difficult to perform, but at least it's there. It's still going to work the same way it did in Brawl, so that's a good thing.
Yes it is a good thing that QAC is back (just SmashWiki was a little late on the news), and Thunder meteor smashing is both a buff and a nerf to Pika (buff for the fact it gives him a bit more options and sets up tech chases, nerf since it's no longer a reliable KO move (can Thunder meteor smash someone while offstage to their deaths?)

Soul.

Yes it is a good thing that QAC is back (just SmashWiki was a little late on the news), and Thunder meteor smashing is both a buff and a nerf to Pika (buff for the fact it gives him a bit more options and sets up tech chases, nerf since it's no longer a reliable KO move (can Thunder meteor smash someone while offstage to their deaths?)
Yes, Thunder changed from being a reliable KO move in early percents to a move used to combo / tech chase.
Maybe. I think it depends on the Pikachu main and where will the opponent be offstage. Thunder could very well be a "risky" move, but eh, it could give a reward.
And about the QAC, yeah, SmashWiki is late. The technique being on Smash 4 is good news for Pikachu anyway.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I wish there wasn't an announcement that QAC was gone. I've seen quite a bit of people who seem to think it's gone and that was a done deal. :/

Anyway, I'm debating whether or not to just try learn QAC in brawl or to just wait until Smash 4. If the timing is different, I don't want to end up having my muscle memory mess with me. What do you guys think?

Edit: I should clarify, that I do know the process of how to do it, I just don't have the timing down.

Last edited:

Soul.

I wish there wasn't an announcement that QAC was gone. I've seen quite a bit of people who seem to think it's gone and that was a done deal. :/

Anyway, I'm debating whether or not to just try learn QAC in brawl or to just wait until Smash 4. If the timing is different, I don't want to end up having my muscle memory mess with me. What do you guys think?

Edit: I should clarify, that I do know the process of how to do it, I just don't have the timing down.
People thought it was gone, maybe that's why they posted things about it. Thankfully, the technique has been confirmed to return in Smash 4 so there's that.
You should wait until Smash 3DS is released. The timing is different compared to Brawl's; I think it's best to focus on the new game. Once the game is out, you can try doing QAC. There will probably be videos of the technique in the final build of the game on YouTube if people can't do it.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I wouldn't say it's more difficult, it is just a different timing. I was able to do it rather easily on the Wii U version, but not on the 3DS version (it's there in both, but I played 3DS first so I was just getting used to new Pika). What makes it seem difficult is your Brawl muscle memory. If you have any it's likely to take you longer to find the timing. Combine that with people being in line in the demo and when you played, you were either playing in a match with 3 others on Wii U or only briefly in the 3DS pre-match training room before a CPU match, and that gave a small window of time to find QAC's timing.

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
So I'll add Pikachu to my list of characters to play xD

To clarify, QAC is still hitting jump around the time you hit the ground, correct? It is not some other mystery command?

Soul.

So I'll add Pikachu to my list of characters to play xD

To clarify, QAC is still hitting jump around the time you hit the ground, correct? It is not some other mystery command?
Yes, it's still hitting the ground and jump right after. The timing is a bit different this time, though.

Top Bottom