• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP Mafia - Game Ova

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. Maven/Darkpit
2. Nabe (PoE)

I'm re-reading now with flips in mind. Will give full reads upon finishing..

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This succinct post by laundry covers what I tried to say when re-reading:

You're [Maven] trying to be ahead of the mafia when you have no basis for what the mafia's even attempting to do yet.
My theory is that scum would push for Tailor for the benefit of town credit, since they know Doctor is in the game. I think Maven is that scum, but only because of the rest of his play. (It lines up, and I go into why I think Maven is scum in another post)

Ryu is also a possible partner to Maven (after Nabe). Reason is, that he's doing the same as Maven, being open to counterpicking, and picking between tailor and detective. While Maven pushed Tailor directly, Ryu was being open ended. Laundry's quote applies to him as well, yet Ryu hasn't pushed it as hard as Maven. Ryu's D1 play makes it less likely he is mafia individually, while Maven's D1 play makes it more likely he is Mafia who also was pushing Tailor for town credit. So Maven + Nabe is more likely to me.

Ryu has been involved and giving solid analysis. Such as #386. His admitting to his read on me being surface level seems townie. #621 He's also been open to thinking things instead of just straight calling me scum as he would as scum in a hardheaded manner.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ryker comes across as eager in the early game (D0), which rings as slightly townie to me. That's all that I could get out of him. He has been interacting a lot with Laundry, trying to calm him down. Joey came in straight to scumhunting/questioning. I disagreed with his conclusion but found his sterness genuine. His reads were also constantly changing and he was constantly re-evaluating his reads, shows he has nothing to hide and has been helping to progress the phase. He has continued to ask solid questions, and he is my towniest read.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Zen is simply reaching on something that should be null. Tries pretty hard to force Orbo's actions as scummy when it can't be said whether it's inactivity or him holding off.

Ran, I feel like you're tunneling Maven at this point. Remember how you said you'd never do what you did to me in Wal-mart again? You're doing that. I do agree with some of your points but it's like you're not even looking at the other side. Like I completely agree with his point against Laundry in #287. How is calling that out malicious?
I don't like this post because I don't get this feeling at all and Ran is the only one digging into Maven and getting more out of him than letting him go would produce.
I agree with Laundry's point of view here. I was looking at both sizes, and explained this to Zen. I think it's more that Zen is trying to make it seem like my push isn't as credible as it should be, yet Zen also scumread Maven with me. I don't get much from his D0. Nabe has been pretty inactive and I still don't understand why he was voting for me and pushing me. Weaker scum read, as not as much is there that I can read from Zen/Nabe.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maven:

Maven has active lurked and was disinterested with progressing the phase. He spread suspicion on a 'non-specific' group of people pushing to 'nuturing' PR's but never cared to vote his role nor state what his new preference was. It comes across as him wanting to sling mud more than showing why he believes a particular role should be voted. (In his #135)

He specified in his #113 that he'd back the BP plan and was going back to the drawing board on what role to pick, yet this falls short as he never picks one. His statement towards Laundry seems forced, and his choice to address Zen on being safe while neglecting to ask Ryker is odd. #287 So in conclusion, I find his lack of interest, his mudslinging (to a general group, and not any one specific), forcing statement and lack of role choice suspicious. In addition, I find his push to counter-pick as a possible sign of scum knowledge. This lines up with his D1 play, which is lacking. His reads are pretty weak and empty at the very end of D1. #452

---

This is paraphrased since I have said this already, and it still holds true.

Darkpit:

#567 His reads list. Empty and weak.
#580 Naked vote on Doopliss.
#601 Response to my question.
#616 Response to Joey's question.
---

Darkpit's content is pretty brief. Also in between posts, he hasn't really been as involved either. He doesn't seem to be too interested in trying to find scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's the re-read. It's Maven > Nabe > Ryu > Joey for me. I'll be going to sleep now. Night.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
At this point every player has broken the "post once per day" rule more than once. I'm lenient with this usually because i'm empathic about real life, etc. This, in addition to the sheer number of replacements, players who have been prodded, and lack of interest, makes me feel that it's time to call the game abandoned.

If everyone wants to continue, let me know and I'll let the game continue. At this point, I'm not going to find another sub and in LYLO a modkill could cause an especially unfair outcome for one of the factions.

If not everyone is on board, I'll understand and won't hold grudges and call the game abandoned/draw.

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Continuation please.

Vote: Darkpit54 Darkpit54

ranmaru ranmaru #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Dooms Dooms

If you are going to alpha, now is the time.

If/when Joey posts, if there hasn't been an alpha, then Maven is my lynch. Ryu and Ran are active enough to participate in an alpha vote, so Joey posting sans alpha provides proof that scum isn't 2 people within the group of Ryu/Ran/Joey, i.e. Maven is scum FMPOV. I don't think there's 2 scum in Ryu/Ran/Joey, so this is a high chance to gain a 100% condemn for me.

Obviously that reasoning only works FMPOV, so if there's been no alpha and there's not enough Maven support, I'll compromise on Ran and probably only Ran.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I want to continue.

I think that it should be Ran.

I'm sorry, but I'm new, so what is alpha, and FMPOV?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmm. I'm reconsidering things now. Not sure on Nabe being partnered now, I'll have to re-read again.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also note, that Darkpit has been tagged and viewed long before, but only responded today after Nabe voted him. Seems more survival/defense based and I think his position on me is merely omgus.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I want to continue.

I think that it should be Ran.

I'm sorry, but I'm new, so what is alpha, and FMPOV?
An alpha vote is when the mafia can all vote for someone and get them lynched. Since there are two mafia members left, and 5 players, their two votes with my vote are enough... unless you're mafia, or I'm mafia (but I'm not).

FMPOV = From My Point Of View.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Okay, let's keep going for now. If we don't hear from Joey soon I'll try to resolve it in the fairest way possible.

Vote Count: 3.1
Dp54 [1]: Nabes
Not voting [4]: Dp54, Ryu, Ran, Joey

With 5 players, it takes 3 votes to lynch. At the deadline (Monday, 5:00PM EST), Dp54 will be lynched.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
An alpha vote is when the mafia can all vote for someone and get them lynched. Since there are two mafia members left, and 5 players, their two votes with my vote are enough... unless you're mafia, or I'm mafia (but I'm not).

FMPOV = From My Point Of View.
Oh, ok. Thank you!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I will re-read sometime tomorrow night, but would like Dooms Dooms 's thoughts here.

Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Why do suspect me? What else do you have to say about the game?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
When's deadline?

I'll be completely honest and say that I forgot that this game. Happens when you don't play mafia anymore and you don't use smashboards anymore. Sorry :/

I'll be gone tomorrow and I'm going to bed now due to that. If I had to vote anyone, DP's play has been pretty horrid and that is where my vote would go. I liked Maven, but Dark Pit has done literally nothing and it seems really uncommitted.

I'll vote Monday if I remember. If anyone has me on discord, a friendly reminder sunday night/monday morning would be nice (I think that would be allowed?)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Partnered as in, I don't think it's likely you are scum with Darkp if you vote him initially.

Deadline's tomorrow, I'm fine with lynching scum #1 now.

Vote: Darkpit

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I see the hammer!

I have a lot of work to finish up because I assumed it would run to deadline and i didn't plan for early hammer lol. so I'm not sure I can do the flip tonight. it will be tomorrow at latest.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Sorry I wasn't here. A lot of family drama popped up. :ohwell:

VT.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote Count: 3.2
Dp54 [3]: Nabes, RRyu, Ran
Not voting [2]: Dp54, Joey

Darkpit54 was lynched. He was Vanilla Townie.

That means the mafia are 50% of the players and win! They are Ran and Nabe. Joey and RRyu are wonderful people but they get endgamed and die.

Players:
1. Darkpit54
2. Orbo [Vanilla Townie]
3. Gheb [Double Doctor]
4. Doopliss [Vanilla Townie]
5. Soup [Vanilla Townie]

6. Ryu [Vanilla Townie]
7. Joey [Vanilla Townie]

8. Nabes [Mafia Goon]
9. Ranmaru [Day Detective]

Darkpit54 <- Maven89
Doopliss <- Laundry
Joey <- Ryker
Nabes <- Xivii

Last edited:

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Thoughts

a) I thought this was an exciting an interesting game and both GLG and I were talking a lot behind the scenes and having a lot of fun. Until about mid Day 1 lol.

b) The setup ended up with the best possible role combination (from mafia POV). The town flopped really hard Day 0 - Dooplissity pointed out many of the considerations that the town hadn't taken. Worth reading, but the major takeaway is DDoc is by far the weakest Town role of the 5. Also, I'd argue that DDoc-Detective is worse than DDoc-Witch and DDoc-Poisoner.

c) I didn't get the exciting mafia gameplay I really wanted to see. Ran played a strong game. On the town end of the spectrum, Gheb and Doop had good games imo. If the game had been abandoned I would have given the mafia the win most likely.

d) Thanks @Dooplissity, Nabe, Joey, and Darkpit. You all get IOUs from me.

e) Thanks to everyone who put in some work and tried to play.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
He doesn't have a PR to protect!
oh and

b) low success chance, even with 2 protect it's higher but not great.
c) if he's successful he doesn't know who was saved.
d) if he's successful once then town will just have to no lynch anyway to get numbers back into their odds come lylo.

it's a great role! but not in a small setup with no other PRs

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I interact with Laundry on an almost daily basis and it became painfully obvious outside of game that he was legitimately pissed at me. That meant I had a clear from out of game information (or as good as) and to continue playing I would either have to take whatever stance possible to prevent his lynch without saying that or compromise the game further by bringing out of game context into other player's consideration. I felt leaving was the most fair choice.

I don't think anyone could convince me that Laundry, Gheb, or Soup wasn't town when I replaced out.

Top Bottom