• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP Mafia - Game Ova

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I can't get over the fact that Laundry literally put 90+% of his focus into clearing himself this entire phase after reading Soup v Laundry again. Aside from his Soup and Gheb reads (both of which are connected to clearing himself for most of D1), he hasn't done much remember able at all, and none of what he has done with his self perseverance is progressing the game or benefiting the town. I genuinely can't understand why town Laundry would do this, but I could see scum Laundry doing this as it puts most of the day's focus on these two instead of the rest of the cast.
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Can you talk about why you list Dooplissity as scum?
The quote above is pretty much what convinced me that Laundry was Scum. He didn't really do anything productive aside from a few reads. He just tried to shift people's attention to lynching someone that wasn't him.

(Ugh. Quoting Things on mobile is ridiculous.)

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm not optimistic that an extension will make any difference... but I'll give it a shot. Let's say tomorrow, 6:00PM EST.

Vote Count: 2.5

Dp54 [1]: Doopliss
Doopliss [3*]: Joey, Gheb, Dp54
Not voting [3]: Ryu, Ran, Nabe

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch. At the deadline (Monday 6:00PM EST), Dooplissity will be lynched.
Joey is V/LA until Sunday.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Talk more about Gheb/Maven not being aligned. I'm listening.
Darkpit's vote hop along with Gheb. I don't think scumbuddies would hop on so obviously. Also, he had no reason to really vote at the time and his reasoning is pretty weak, shows of not reading thoroughly.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Got back a few hours ago.

this could be legitmate, but it also reads exactly like Scum who wants to see me hang and is lurking to avoid having to defend me/push scumbuddy Maven
I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish with this. If he did have you in a lesser like pile and not a dislike pile, are you expecting him to defend your slot (especially when a slot that he prefers is one of the bigger pushes on your wagon)?

Ran/Nabe and Ran/Maven are both kind of unlikely scumteams, so if I'm right about either Nabe or Maven then I'm probably wrong on Ran. Nabe/Maven makes sense though.
If we lynch Ranmaru and he flips scum, what happens to your scum pool (especially since the only reason Ranmaru is in it in the first place is due to the fact that he's not you)?

I'm not willing to lynch Ranmaru (or anyone tbh) over Doop. Especially after these two quotes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu I have not seen much play or reads from you. What did you gain from Gheb's posts about me (that you asked about), and do you have any contributions?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Been busy, been meaning to reread your play and consider it with how Gheb has been voting in conjunction with it.

Doop lynch seems like something that will happen with or without my vote and I wasn't sold on Laundry scum. I have also been considering how you voted in D0 which voting for Decoy I was right away not a fan of at any point people tried to push for that.

If Doop were to flip town his wagon I would look at right away for scum picks since that was an easy lynch if he was town.

Trying to get a fix on Joey and Nabe now with what they did though Nabe seems more in favor of letting a lynch help out with tomorrow.

Is Darkpit Maven's slot? I forgot at this point.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, Maven = Darkpit. What is your thoughts on him atm?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 , if Laundry/Doop flips scum, are you of the general consensus that his partner is Ranmaru? I feel like I'm getting that vibe from Nabe and Gheb (although I could be wrong).

The slot you forgot was Nabe/Xivii. Any thoughts on that slot?

Also, you have Ranmaru and Ryu as nulls. Have you not read into them or are they just in the middle? If they're in the middle, mind stating why?

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Can I have updated thoughts on your scumspects? Also thoughts on the current wagons would be nice.

I mean I'm totally down to lynch Nabe.
Is this based on inactivity or do you actually not like his slot?

but I have yet to read his first game to compare. I'll do that later.
Did you actually get anything from doing this? I'm curious as to why this is enough to keep you from voting Maven when Doop/Laundry is on the chopping block.

My Reads (ordered):
Never lynch: Gheb
Not lynching anytime soon: Nabe, Ranmaru (will probably re-read if Laundry flips scum)
Waiting for more before I decide (Null): Darkpit, Ryu
Lynch dat ass: Doop

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 , if Laundry/Doop flips scum, are you of the general consensus that his partner is Ranmaru? I feel like I'm getting that vibe from Nabe and Gheb (although I could be wrong).

The slot you forgot was Nabe/Xivii. Any thoughts on that slot?

Also, you have Ranmaru and Ryu as nulls. Have you not read into them or are they just in the middle? If they're in the middle, mind stating why?

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Can I have updated thoughts on your scumspects? Also thoughts on the current wagons would be nice.

Did you actually get anything from doing this? I'm curious as to why this is enough to keep you from voting Maven when Doop/Laundry is on the chopping block.

My Reads (ordered):
Never lynch: Gheb
Not lynching anytime soon: Nabe, Ranmaru (will probably re-read if Laundry flips scum)
Waiting for more before I decide (Null): Darkpit, Ryu
Lynch dat ***: Doop
I'm thinking between Ran and Doop and think Doop is the better lynch interaction wise and if he does flip town actually gets town to stop with a semi tunnel vision on the slot. If scum I'm looking at Ran.

Thinking about what Gheb said but I need to reread specific interactions which I haven't done yet and won't be doing til tomorrow at best.

Darkpit is the only bandwagoner that concerns me because Maven was at Orbo levels of, "don't care if he dies" Really still he leaves me with nothing right now still which concerns me a bit.

At this point I think lynching Doop would be the best right now even if I'm not as sold on him being scum over looking at other directions...but I got caught up in a busy weekend so never got around to that. Oops.

I think this flip would help me clear my reads better given it gives me a ton of information to work with for the next day.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ignore that Ryu I guess xD

I don't understand why Gheb was calling Ranmaru useless. On the other hand, I do understand why Gheb would think that he was Ranmaru's strongest scum read considering Ran's last post prior and lack of vote on Darkpit. Also Ranmaru saying "but I have yet to read his first game to compare. I'll do that later." in regards to the slot he has as a biggest scum read (Maven/Darkpit) makes it so order of suspicion can be lost pretty easily imo.

Needless to say I'm confused and consider this a misunderstanding more than anything. Anyone else have thoughts on the whole Gheb v Ranmaru thing from the last page?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote Count: 2.6
Dp54 [1]: Doopliss
Ran [1]: Nabe
Not voting [2]: Ryu, Ran

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch. At the deadline (Monday 6:00PM EST), Dooplissity will be lynched.

Joey is back!

I'll add this to VCs from now on:
Darkpit54 <- Maven89
Doopliss <- Laundry
Joey <- Ryker
Nabes <- Xivii

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I... don't know. Could be. I think I'm going to have to reread to know for sure.

Ryu is slight town lean. So is Nabe. Ran, though, I just don't know. I'm going to reread to try to figure out.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I wasn't holding my vote due to the town game, I can see why that is confusing. I didn't actually get to reading it as I have been busy. I have been holding it to see what Darkpit would do while I'm not pressuring him. This was me 'giving his slot a chance' and he's taken a long time to *play*. I find this consistent with the Maven slot, who has been pretty absent and not putting in as much effort. I wasn't going to rush votes on him as I wanted time to build to read him in his natural state. His reads were pretty thin and his vote was pretty much empty. Also waited on his answers to you before replying. Takes a very long time to respond, and to post in general, when only responding to simple questions. I think I have enough of a read of him by now, he hasn't relieved my concerns and he's shown similar traits.

Vote: Darkpit

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu We discussed the Role picking already. I know your first impulse is to dislike it but I know you'll come to the conclusion that I'm town since I did more than just pick Decoy, I was trying to find the best option for town and you'll notice that after reading D0 thoroughly. If you have any other concerns then bring them up and I'll be glad to discuss them with you. I just think you are re-evaluating and I find this townie compared to how you act towards me when scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu We discussed the Role picking already. I know your first impulse is to dislike it but I know you'll come to the conclusion that I'm town since I did more than just pick Decoy, I was trying to find the best option for town and you'll notice that after reading D0 thoroughly. If you have any other concerns then bring them up and I'll be glad to discuss them with you. I just think you are re-evaluating and I find this townie compared to how you act towards me when scum.
Still, I don't like that of all of the options for a Vanilla game you went with that one.

I'm thinking about you and DarkPit the most right now.

Not as much Doop because I think he will be the inevitable lynch and frankly might be for the better for info and town in general with the tunnel vision a lot of players have for the slot.

I wish I had stronger scum picks but I can't dedicate to a super reread til after deadline.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Talk to me more when you re-read it, and re-read my D1. Since right now this is simply disagreement. (Which was your original read, I talked to you, you understood what I said, then you seem to forget what I said) At least try to see from my perspective. Work with me here. Since you read me wrong in our last game I want you to think a bit harder at least. Re-read D0 and D1 and talk to me. I'm listening.

(I'm going to sleep soon though)

---

I just read the last line. You basically need to re-read. No going around it. Otherwise I don't find your read really that solid, but more on the surface.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Your not wrong about that being surface level, I've never sunk my teeth into this game and really is going to require me to go all out tomorrow on my lunch break.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote Count: 2.7
Dp54 [2]: Doopliss, Ran
Not voting [1]: Ryu

Darkpit54 <- Maven89
Doopliss <- Laundry
Joey <- Ryker
Nabes <- Xivii

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ryu, how am I the inevitable lynch if you're down to lynch DP and so is Nabe? That's majority with Ran and I already on him. Don't park your damn vote on nothing and let me die.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Worth pointing out that I'm also down to lynch DP's slot. I'm not gonna lie though, more than anything else I consider it a compromise I can live with. First impressions says that I am not a-OK with Ran jumping ship here so eagerly after mudslinging me all game. Maybe I'm tunneling the whole Doop/Ran scumteam to hard but I dislike both slots individually and the way Ran posts and votes just always seem to end up being beneficial for Doop - all that just by pure chance? I have my doubts about it.

Well, you surely are right in my case.

Entirely based on inactivity. I actually found Zen's play to be pretty reasonable and that's more than I can say about other people here. But right now we're fighting an uphill battle and it looks like we'll have to prevent the worst from happening which means that I'll agree to compromise lynch certain slots as long as we have the chance to - if one of them happens to flip scum that's even better.

I don't understand why Gheb was calling Ranmaru useless.
Why is that? I layed it out pretty clearly I think?

:059:

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gheb, If/when I flip Town, how does that change your read on Ran and who would the scumteam be?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It would nullify the accusation that he's been chainsaw defending you I guess but I'd still hold his inconsequential play against him. He doesn't really do much between "Gheb is scummy" and hopping the easy lynch. It's still scummy to me.

Am I the only one in this game who cares about / is bothered by Ran's play?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It would nullify the accusation that he's been chainsaw defending you I guess but I'd still hold his inconsequential play against him. He doesn't really do much between "Gheb is scummy" and hopping the easy lynch. It's still scummy to me.

Am I the only one in this game who cares about / is bothered by Ran's play?

I am in the sense of thinking about it, this is the last thing I will be able to post before deadline most likely in my next post so here it goes.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ran's behavior around Gheb and Maven at least looks consistent, he's been very interested in lynching Maven and while he has been mud slinging Gheb, much of which I am not sure is justified. With Ran, I'm starting to wonder what he was getting out of his questions since some of them like Gheb pointed out aren't really sitting well with me for being useful of developing his reads. Then I dislike his D0 pick which granted, there is disagreement there but I still find Decoy to be one of the worst picks next to Witch if not tied with it.

Maven Darkpit slot is still in limbo and I would be down to lynch it. Nothing the slot has done has really shaken my concerns in that slot. Nothing done and really is in the same limbo that Orbo was in.

Still do not think the Laundry/Doop slot is scum or rather I would lynch 1-2 people before I were to seriously consider it. Really I would only be supporting it just so town stops being all tunnel vision on the slot and the flip actually gives us a lot of info. I don't like lynching on information if I'm not sold on the chances of the slot being scum.

Vote: DarkPit

This is a slot I really want gone, Ran is my #2 followed up by Doop. I'll be around to change my votes if need be but I cannot in good faith promise more content.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote Count: 2.8
Dp54 [3]: Doopliss, Ran, RRyu

Not voting [0]

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch. At the deadline (Monday 6:00PM EST; about 3 hours from now), Dooplissity will be lynched.

Darkpit54 <- Maven89
Doopliss <- Laundry
Joey <- Ryker
Nabes <- Xivii

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Both of the other people voting Doop right now are slots that I had as townie at least at some point through reasoning I believe to be solid. My two scumreads and a complete null slot are voting DP.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Not willing to vote dp over doop. Like... at all lol.

I'm going to re-read Ranmaru during the night. I can see Ranmaru being considered useless in the post that Gheb used as an example. I don't really get that outside of that though, especially in d1. Could be me being stubborn with my reads or just me being dumb though.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Dooplissity was lynched. He was a Vanilla Townie.

We're starting Night 2! Remember Nights are short (24 hours). Actions are due at 6:00PM EST.

Players:
1. Darkpit54 (prev. Maven)
2. Orbo [Vanilla Townie]
3. Gheb
4. Doopliss (prev. Laundry) [Vanilla Townie]
5. Soup [Vanilla Townie]

6. Ryu
7. Joey (prev. Ryker)
8. Nabes (prev. Xivii)
9. Ranmaru

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Gheb was killed. He was a Double Doctor.

Players:
1. Darkpit54 (prev. Maven)
2. Orbo [Vanilla Townie]
3. Gheb [Double Doctor]
4. Doopliss (prev. Laundry) [Vanilla Townie]
5. Soup [Vanilla Townie]

6. Ryu
7. Joey (prev. Ryker)
8. Nabes (prev. Xivii)
9. Ranmaru

---

Day 3 begins! This is Lynch-or-Lose.

Vote Count: 3.0
Not voting [5]: Dp54, Ryu, Ran, Nabe, Joey

With 5 players, it takes 3 votes to lynch.

Darkpit54 <- Maven89
Doopliss <- Laundry
Joey <- Ryker
Nabes <- Xivii

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well this is great.

I thought Orob was bus killed and Joey was the bus driver but that is out the window.

ranmaru ranmaru Scum picks right now. No if ands or buts, I will instantly vote you if you refuse in your next post.

Dooms Dooms Same with you, where you looking at with a flip like that.

@Nabe Hi buddy, you think Ran is scum right now still?

Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Where are you looking right now?

Top Bottom