• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP Mafia - Game Ova

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hello Dark pit. You state in my flavorless mafia that that would be your second game. What was your first game, and as what alignment? Which alignment do you prefer and why?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Hi Ranmaru!

Gheb's Messy Mafia as a Vanilla Townie.

I like being a VT because I enjoy trying to figure out who's scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I will read that sometime. Let me know what your thoughts are (who you think is scum and why), and don't hesitate to ask questions since this setup might be new to you.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Ok, I will. I'm still reading atm(only at page 5)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think Ran is scum but I don't think I can sufficiently explain why I think so. I'll likely have to reread as well.

Gheb, did you have a stance on Soup somewhere?
Not a strong one, no. The only thing I remember saying about him is that I thought he was null leaning town, I believe.

:059:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I read through all of it.

Definitely Town:Me
Townie: Joey, Gheb,
Null: Ryu, Ran
Possibly Scum: Dooplissity

I forgot somebody...

Who did I forget?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think Ran is scum but I don't think I can sufficiently explain why I think so. I'll likely have to reread as well.

Not a strong one, no. The only thing I remember saying about him is that I thought he was null leaning town, I believe.

I am interested in the bolded.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote Count: 2.1
Dp54 [1]: Doopliss
Doopliss [1]: Joey
Not voting [5]: Dp54, Gheb, Ryu, Ran, Nabe

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I am interested in the bolded.
Not read up yet but Ran's questions this game have been very inconsequential, even by his standards. Like all the stuff he asks amounts to nothing better than 'concluding' I'm scummy for pretty shallow reasons? One of my initial suspicions was that he's chainsaw defending Laundry, which I still believe to be the case.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Will get at this tonite when I get home.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thoughts:

My problem with Gheb is that he pushed Laundry with a weak case, and was asking for a summary of his case instead of bringing the burden of proof. Posts like #282 don't really help him develop a read on Laundry at all. It only baits him into a continued reaction which he can use to lynch off of. He never really talks about his reactions to Ryker which I think is actually telling. Also, my questions in this game are all legitimate, getting people to clarify on statements they leave hanging, like a scum read without reasoning.

Maven's replacement doesn't really help me relieve concerns of his predecessor, but I have yet to read his first game to compare. I'll do that later.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't have anything else to say at the moment. I have internet now, and a writing desk assembled. So you'll see more of me occasionally. I'm going to sleep, good night.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb do you recall specific examples other than when you started calling him useless?
Post #573 is actually a fantastic example as it illustrates my point perfectly. He accuses me of pushing a 'weak' case on Laundry's slot yet everybody who's currently in favor of lynching him is doing it for pretty much the same reason. Ran singling me out here for no reason gives me the feeling that he might be chainsawing here because I've been the driving force behind the Laundry push.

Also, you notice that his conclusion on why I supposedly am the play here has absolutely nothing to do with the abundant amount of questions he's been asking all game, as he usually does? I don't know what he's been playing this game for if he does nothing except sitting on me for a 'weak' case.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote Count: 2.2
Dp54 [1*]: Doopliss
Doopliss [1]: Joey
Not voting [5]: Dp54, Gheb, Ryu, Ran, Nabe

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch. At the deadline (Sunday 11:59PM EST), Dp54 will be lynched.
Joey is V/LA until Sunday.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Noticed a mistake in the previous vc regarding # of votes to lynch. Here's the updated and fixed version.

Vote Count: 2.3

Doopliss [3*]: Joey, Gheb, Dp54
Not voting [3]: Ryu, Ran, Nabe

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch. At the deadline (Sunday 11:59PM EST), Dooplissity will be lynched.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
As for why Maven, it basically comes down to me agreeing with Ran's posts on Maven earlier.

if I could not be at l-1 though that would be cool

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. Other people pushing Laundry/Doop are not doing it for the same reason.
2. I'm not sitting on you as I prefer Maven over Gheb.
3. I'm starting to think Gheb/Maven are not aligned. Will go more into this as time passes.

One person that is strongly against Laundry is Joey, who I have no problems with at all. I will state publicly that I townread him, I talked reads with him and find his thoughts to be genuine. Seems like he strongly believes in his reads, is stern with them, and even reflects on Maven when talking to me. So, no, I'm not basing reads on people's sole interaction/opinion on Laundry, and consider Gheb Pushing Laundry his only noticeable contribution besides his opinion on me today.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote Count: 2.4
Doopliss [3*]: Joey, Gheb, Dp54
Not voting [3]: Ryu, Ran, Nabe

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch. At the deadline (Sunday 11:59PM EST), Dooplissity will be lynched.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel like I'm getting lynched mostly on the actions of Laundry, but is there anything you guys need from me? I'll be gone a lot of Sunday so it's imperative you get your **** done asap. I'll start you off

Q: Why should I lynch DP > Doop
A: Maven's pyp spec was awful, go look at ran's posts on it. additionally, dp came in, posted only a reads list with 0 reasoning, which conveniently has the guy voting him and other large wagon as scumspect #1.

Q: Who else is Scum besides Maven:
A: Prolly Nabes. I can't remember why I didn't like Xivii, but nabes alone is ick. He had me in his like pile and then vanished - this could be legitmate, but it also reads exactly like Scum who wants to see me hang and is lurking to avoid having to defend me/push scumbuddy Maven

Q: Claim?
A: Intentionally leaving this vague for now

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I mean I'm totally down to lynch Nabe.

Except nobody is actually playing this game and we're basically banking on cheesing our way to victory via the plurality rule.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Not read up yet but Ran's questions this game have been very inconsequential, even by his standards. Like all the stuff he asks amounts to nothing better than 'concluding' I'm scummy for pretty shallow reasons? One of my initial suspicions was that he's chainsaw defending Laundry, which I still believe to be the case.

Post #573 is actually a fantastic example as it illustrates my point perfectly. He accuses me of pushing a 'weak' case on Laundry's slot yet everybody who's currently in favor of lynching him is doing it for pretty much the same reason. Ran singling me out here for no reason gives me the feeling that he might be chainsawing here because I've been the driving force behind the Laundry push.

Also, you notice that his conclusion on why I supposedly am the play here has absolutely nothing to do with the abundant amount of questions he's been asking all game, as he usually does? I don't know what he's been playing this game for if he does nothing except sitting on me for a 'weak' case.

Vote Doopliss
Is Doop the lynch over Ran for you, or is it just that you think Doop has a shot at a lynch in the inactivity?

#HBC | Nabe

I can't remember why I didn't like Xivii, but nabes alone is ick. He had me in his like pile and then vanished - this could be legitmate, but it also reads exactly like Scum who wants to see me hang and is lurking to avoid having to defend me/push scumbuddy Maven
No, you're explicitly not in the like pile. You are "not piled".

Would you take Ran over you?

#HBC | Nabe

1. Other people pushing Laundry/Doop are not doing it for the same reason.
2. I'm not sitting on you as I prefer Maven over Gheb.
3. I'm starting to think Gheb/Maven are not aligned. Will go more into this as time passes.

One person that is strongly against Laundry is Joey, who I have no problems with at all. I will state publicly that I townread him, I talked reads with him and find his thoughts to be genuine. Seems like he strongly believes in his reads, is stern with them, and even reflects on Maven when talking to me. So, no, I'm not basing reads on people's sole interaction/opinion on Laundry, and consider Gheb Pushing Laundry his only noticeable contribution besides his opinion on me today.
Talk more about Gheb/Maven not being aligned. I'm listening.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
The activity hasn't been high enough to warrant an extension so far but it looks like it might pick up today. I'd also like v/la people to have a chance to participate more. I'll make a decision this afternoon.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
request extension

I am okay with Xivii/Nabe lynch. I'm more sold on Maven/DP but honestly an anyone-that-isn't-me sounds pretty good. I could swing Ran but I would be grumpy about it. My pool is still {Maven, Nabe, Ran}.

Ran/Nabe and Ran/Maven are both kind of unlikely scumteams, so if I'm right about either Nabe or Maven then I'm probably wrong on Ran. Nabe/Maven makes sense though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have a martial arts test to go into so will post later in the day.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Is Doop the lynch over Ran for you, or is it just that you think Doop has a shot at a lynch in the inactivity?
Doop is Laundry's slot whom I've argued to be #1 pick all game. I've also made the point that I think Ran's been chainsaw defending the slot against me a lot. Both can die but I'll lynch an inactive slot if necessary.

Top Bottom