• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP Mafia - Game Ova

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Welcome Nabe! Good seeing you again. I'll post later tonight. Still interested to hear what Soup has to say.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I like joey. Hes veing very forthright, a la his zen and gheb reads. I cant see scum joey just not laying on an easy to hate unpopular gheb

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I re-read, and I'm still confused.

Soup, why were you suspicious of Laundry in Day 0? You stated this:

The only reason I have prior suspect to you is ironically because you offered some reads, while other players mostly chose to talk about the roles instead.
However, the only reason Laundry shared anything regarding scum picks is due to Ryker asking for them. I don't see how this is legitimate in the slightest.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup I need you to commit to a vote. I also want you to answer my Maven question.
Orboknown Orboknown I want you to commit to a vote as well. Who else is scum besides Maven?
~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ I want you to vote too. Who is scum now?
Vult Redux Vult Redux Red Ryu is voting Soup.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Maven89 Needs to post.

Deadline is paused but we should be using this time to prepare for a short 1 day extension. (For example, it could happen tomorrow) I'd appreciate it if people get back in the groove soon.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Gun to head ran, i guess it would be one of the soup/gheb/nabe crowd but thats less them being scummy and more other slots being townier in my eyes

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I haven't gotten anyone for the Laundry slot. Sorry guys. :( If I don't get someone before the end of the day (EST) I'll remove the slot from the game.

At this point I'm assuming I won't be able to get a sub. If that happens, assume a deadline of Saturday, 11:59 P.M. (EST). If I do get a sub, I'll add one more day so they can catch up.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
also giraffelasergun giraffelasergun is going to help me mod moving forward so don't get scared when some random freak starts updating vote counts. Looks like I missed something in the most recent one so we'll fix it soon.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gheb, you know what I meant. Now can you explain your two new picks?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Two slots I have concerns with are not even posting (Maven, Soup). I am developing a read on Soup but he's not here. Currently trying to make those who I have no idea where they are going, commit so I can get some kind of paper trail. Will say more later.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Still down to lynch Soup if he refuses to be useful.
Nah, this is 100% your fault. I responded to you and said to look back last page and you're gonna come back here and say I'm not being useful? What have you done? Your reads are shallow and every person town-reading you has me scratching my head. You were all puff and fluff earlier on coming out of the gate trying to contribute as hard as possible but now you've become either lazy yourself or believe that base impressions can carry you through a game while you continue to make weak arguments.

Two slots I have concerns with are not even posting (Maven, Soup). I am developing a read on Soup but he's not here. Currently trying to make those who I have no idea where they are going, commit so I can get some kind of paper trail. Will say more later.
Patience. I think you're town but you're trying to force this game to be active and it's giving my a headache. Let things occur naturally instead of trying to force it.

I re-read, and I'm still confused.

Soup, why were you suspicious of Laundry in Day 0? You stated this:

However, the only reason Laundry shared anything regarding scum picks is due to Ryker asking for them. I don't see how this is legitimate in the slightest.
Thank you for offering a reasonable question that I can answer. Read the interaction between us two on page 7 and page 8, or even what Gheb has been saying. I'm not going to hold you fully accountable to not understanding because you just replaced in.

I unvoted Maven for posterity sake and to let the other replacements get their foot into the door, it wasn't based on anything that was a change of heart. I can't tell if Ryu is being dumb/scum at this rate, and it's not just based on his read of me rather just everything else. His play has fizzled out and I won't take hypocrisy when you're going to state things are seemingly shallow or look as if you haven't been reading.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So is your read on Maven still the same then? Also, letting the thread stagnate doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Even with me prodding for some activity, it's been pretty slow. This is nothing to complain about. Less activity = scum incentive to lurk, More activity = higher chance of scum slipping after having to keep up with town activity.

Dooms Dooms Can you go into your Ran x Ryu reasoning? I just am curious as to what reasoning you have.
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe You read up yet? I'd like to see your input.
~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ Is Orbo a scumread now or still null to you?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Going to Martial Arts now, I'll post a bit more tonight. I'll be V/LA tomorrow from 7am - 3pm EST. It's 6:10pm EST now. Getting a Uhual and getting into my new house.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
So is your read on Maven still the same then? Also, letting the thread stagnate doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Even with me prodding for some activity, it's been pretty slow. This is nothing to complain about. Less activity = scum incentive to lurk, More activity = higher chance of scum slipping after having to keep up with town activity.
I highly disagree but I won't go into semantics with you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Fine. You still need to answer, is your read on Maven the same though?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Orbo's recent posts, especially 484 and 489, have leaning more towards him being scummy than just worthless.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Zen, I think Orbo would be a decent fall-back lynch. Who else do you think would be a good play and why?
Why did you ask this of Zen, but not of me, when I have only one push? You also have not mentioned my push on Maven at all.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do not see those two orbo posts as suspicious at all. They seem empty but its more null than anything.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Dooplissity replaces Laundry.

Thanks for being patient everyone! I'm on mobile - I'll have that vc ready soon!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am also mobile at the moment, since I have no Internet at my house until the 4th. Getting Verizon Fios. I will he formulating thoughts though.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count: 1.10
Maven [1]: Ranmaru
Laundry [1]: Maven
Soup [1]: Ryu

Not voting [6]: Orbo, Ryu, Laundry, Gheb, Soup, Xivii, Joey

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Thank you for offering a reasonable question that I can answer. Read the interaction between us two on page 7 and page 8, or even what Gheb has been saying. I'm not going to hold you fully accountable to not understanding because you just replaced in.
This doesn't actually answer my question, but it did make me realize how stupid I was for focusing on something so small so that's a plus! Also made me realize how many people are still making reads based on how others reacted to mechanics talk. Ryu and Laundry definitely come to mind here.

ranmaru ranmaru I was originally thinking Ryu v Ran was T v T due to the fact that I couldn't see anything scummy from either of them and I understood why both of them thought the way that they did with their thoughts to power roles vs vt. Like, both of you had your opinions and they just clashed. That seemed like the entire situation in a nutshell to me, and I don't have a reason to scum read either of you guys for it.

I can't get over the fact that Laundry literally put 90+% of his focus into clearing himself this entire phase after reading Soup v Laundry again. Aside from his Soup and Gheb reads (both of which are connected to clearing himself for most of D1), he hasn't done much remember able at all, and none of what he has done with his self perseverance is progressing the game or benefiting the town. I genuinely can't understand why town Laundry would do this, but I could see scum Laundry doing this as it puts most of the day's focus on these two instead of the rest of the cast.

I won't actually vote him due to the Laundry slot situation, but he pretty much has my vote on him.

Town: Gheb, Soup, Ranmaru
Town-lean: Nabe
Null/Re-read: Ryu, Maven, Orbo
Scum-lean: Laundry

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why did you ask this of Zen, but not of me, when I have only one push?
Because I actually cared about Zen's input?

I do not see those two orbo posts as suspicious at all. They seem empty but its more null than anything.
Making empty posts with unhelpful content =/= null

Especially after his D0 and D1 play. Why are you giving scummy slots free passes?

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Orbo is more of a question mark than a scummy slot. Not someone I would push nor would cry over his lynch, since I can't tell either way. I also don't think you can really call Laundry or Orbo scummy. Your statement that Orbo was a backup lynch seemed to be more believable.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
This doesn't actually answer my question, but it did make me realize how stupid I was for focusing on something so small so that's a plus! Also made me realize how many people are still making reads based on how others reacted to mechanics talk. Ryu and Laundry definitely come to mind here.

ranmaru ranmaru I was originally thinking Ryu v Ran was T v T due to the fact that I couldn't see anything scummy from either of them and I understood why both of them thought the way that they did with their thoughts to power roles vs vt. Like, both of you had your opinions and they just clashed. That seemed like the entire situation in a nutshell to me, and I don't have a reason to scum read either of you guys for it.

I can't get over the fact that Laundry literally put 90+% of his focus into clearing himself this entire phase after reading Soup v Laundry again. Aside from his Soup and Gheb reads (both of which are connected to clearing himself for most of D1), he hasn't done much remember able at all, and none of what he has done with his self perseverance is progressing the game or benefiting the town. I genuinely can't understand why town Laundry would do this, but I could see scum Laundry doing this as it puts most of the day's focus on these two instead of the rest of the cast.

I won't actually vote him due to the Laundry slot situation, but he pretty much has my vote on him.

I think it made sense from laundrys point of view when you factor in his whole mini rant about wagons on him d1. Plus why would scumdry put more attention on himself w and potentially soup ?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
It'll take me a while to read up, anything in particular I should be paying attention to?

Also, I'll make the same disclaimer to you I made to Vult - I can't promise 100% activity. I subbed in because a less active slot > a modkilled one, and because I figured it was karmically owed after Monty Python.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got to the end of Page 2.

thoughts:
I think you all screwed the pooch on setup. Decoy is "always useful" in terms of pure setup matchups, but the odds that A: decoy hits and B: town has investigative OR town has protective AND that protective hit are pretty low

some people went "5/5 > 3/5" without any critical thinking beyond that, which is ****ing stupid at best and outright malicious at worst

again you overvalued RBer, typically RB is strong because it prevents the Doc/Cop combo and other variations thereof but that's irrelevant in a 1 PR game - if he claims you don't block him, you just ****ing murder him. unless you gave up seer, but why would you do that

Another advantage that people didn't catch is what happens if the scum pr dies, detective is still useful post-death because the information is still there.
Decoy is 100% nullified once it goes down
Tailor is ALSO useful post-death

decoy > detective > poisoner > tailor >>>>>>> witch

decoy does nothing after it dies and probably whiffs
detective does stuff after it dies and CAN'T completely whiff (even a VT result is something)
poisoner potentially makes it a vanilla game but does nothing post-death
tailor potentially makes it a vanilla game straight up
witch is legit broken and shouldn't exist

I am taking any and all poor PyP phase analysis as intentionally malicious for obvious reasons.
Townpoints: RR, Orbo, Ran
Minor townpoints: Ryker
Scumpoints Gheb, Soup (for #45). Laundry would get them too but #conftownfmpov

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nah, this is 100% your fault. I responded to you and said to look back last page and you're gonna come back here and say I'm not being useful? What have you done? Your reads are shallow and every person town-reading you has me scratching my head. You were all puff and fluff earlier on coming out of the gate trying to contribute as hard as possible but now you've become either lazy yourself or believe that base impressions can carry you through a game while you continue to make weak arguments.

Patience. I think you're town but you're trying to force this game to be active and it's giving my a headache. Let things occur naturally instead of trying to force it.

I unvoted Maven for posterity sake and to let the other replacements get their foot into the door, it wasn't based on anything that was a change of heart. I can't tell if Ryu is being dumb/scum at this rate, and it's not just based on his read of me rather just everything else. His play has fizzled out and I won't take hypocrisy when you're going to state things are seemingly shallow or look as if you haven't been reading.
It's on you buddy, you seemed to be very interested in telling everyone you weren't interested in anything town was doing only to immediately do it minutes after these declarations.

Orboknown Orboknown who is you main focus right now for a scum pick?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Joey..nnnnnnnooooooooo, why are you town reading Soup?

That aside you think Laundry slot is the way to go right now. Would you be interested in an Orbo wagon come soonish if Soup doesn't pick up?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
If we dont go maven, im gonna look into nabe and soup more. Soup i guess moreso because that gives me a better drop on laundryslot

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Given that I am the Laundry slot, what insight do you expect me to gain from that?

Top Bottom