• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP mafia! Game over!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Okay, I'll humour you. Again, I'm not concerned with the fact that your vote wasn't on Seph. Mine wasn't either. It's just that your words and actions both imply you didn't want to lynch him because you thought he was town, even after the point where you got off Koopa. If what you say is true, and you were just goading Koops, then did you actually think Seph was scum once you changed your Koopa read? Again, not interested in your vote. Just: Did you think Seph was a good lynch?
Game-state wise I just looked at like either one was inevitable, leaning more towards Koops. That's why I unvoted in the first place and then Pokechu happened to hammer and decide the lynch regardless? I'm not gonna lie to you and say I thought Seph was hard scum (cause I really did have those thoughts about Seph when I presented them) rather I just felt like Koops was towntelling more and more and then it's just like 'well I still feel this is TvS regardless so uh hope the game decides for me' if that makes sense. I put it in the hands of people far more invested and put mine elsewhere

Fandangox

Smash Lord
no censor dodging pls
@Pokechu
You said at Night that your scumread of Maven was basically entirely predicated on him dropping me as a suspect. Is that still your read?

Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
You said last Night that your two big scumreads were Maven and Soup following your re-read, that you agreed with my comments on both, and you followed that up by starting the Day with a Maven ISO. But when Maven said he would find time to post, you voted for Moydow, saying you would willingly switch to Maven, saying that you would need a good case to lynch to switch to players not on the Seph wagon. Granted, other people have said some things about Moydow during the Day, but you didn't touch on Moydow at all last Night, expect to comment that Soup's vote splintered from the main lynches Day 1 and settled on Moydow. Do you feel differently on Soup now, presumably based on his play toDay since your scumread was based on your and my rereads? You say that Moydow's 658 was 'telling' -- what did it tell you?

Vult Redux Vult Redux
You said last Night that you would choose to cop Maven and Soup given the choice, but your vote toDay was for Moydow in 651. 11 hours later in 685/86, you say that you don't like Moydow's comments on Poisoner in 658, and you say in 692 "she has to go ASAP", but I haven't seen why you liked the lynch as of 651. What makes her an ASAP sort of lynch for you?

mod edit: picture with censored word was removed, sorry fanny

Last edited by a moderator:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe one question whats the point behind your #674?

That post basically focuses on contradictions by Third and Z25.

Why didn't you start the day with a case against Soup like you did now since that was your target? I know we are all busy and all, but if you had time to go back, reread and write that wall, you had time to do the same for a case against Soup.

Why didn't you explain your vote against Fire day1 when we asked you about it?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I wondered what happened with Maven too but he did mention being sick so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that something happened irl.
In which case... I'm not really comfortable with lynching him if he doesn't even get a chance to defend himself.
I know I've been focusing on Nabe all game, but when did Maven mention being sick? Last I recall is him saying work and friends got in the way.

Originally he said he'd post before deadline. Now its been extended he has had plenty of time to at least explain himself.

Like he Nabe (till just recently) he hasnt really been doing much this game, but I had overlooked that cause he was really active pre-game and made very sound arguments.

If nabe isn't happening today. We should be looking at Maven or Moy. I see the case against Soup, but I don't think Soup should be priority over either of those two, and a Moy vote gives us more insight on Soup.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
oops I didn't see this until fand quoted it above. sorry.

[USER=168004]@Vult Redux
You said last Night that you would choose to cop Maven and Soup given the choice, but your vote toDay was for Moydow in 651. 11 hours later in 685/86, you say that you don't like Moydow's comments on Poisoner in 658, and you say in 692 "she has to go ASAP", but I haven't seen why you liked the lynch as of 651. What makes her an ASAP sort of lynch for you?
My issue with Moydow is primarily low content, little effort in scumhunting, and a wacky reads list that looks like an effort to save Seph in Day 1. Also lurking before the deadline at a critical time with a critical vote in the wrong direction. That's actually probably the biggest factor for me.

At least you, Soup, Kantrip, etc were present in the thread at the deadline, leaving yourself open to getting criticized if you were wrong.

Kantrip got bonus points for not taking opportunities to derail the Seph wagon (he could have done this by convincing me to switch to J; he did the opposite)

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
also I don't remember ever being a cop but in general I would not cop someone whom I'm sure I'm going to target or looks so bad that I would have to claim to get the town to change their mind. Maven and Soup are more like scum-leans which is why I said that

Fandangox

Smash Lord
@Pokechu
You said at Night that your scumread of Maven was basically entirely predicated on him dropping me as a suspect. Is that still your read?

Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
You said last Night that your two big scumreads were Maven and Soup following your re-read, that you agreed with my comments on both, and you followed that up by starting the Day with a Maven ISO. But when Maven said he would find time to post, you voted for Moydow, saying you would willingly switch to Maven, saying that you would need a good case to lynch to switch to players not on the Seph wagon. Granted, other people have said some things about Moydow during the Day, but you didn't touch on Moydow at all last Night, expect to comment that Soup's vote splintered from the main lynches Day 1 and settled on Moydow. Do you feel differently on Soup now, presumably based on his play toDay since your scumread was based on your and my rereads? You say that Moydow's 658 was 'telling' -- what did it tell you?

Vult Redux Vult Redux
Short form:
  • Soup was uselessly voting for Moydow last Day, and defending Seph with distance from the situation. Specifically, he was untying Koops' reasoning on Seph as Koops was making it.
  • Fire's only posts Day 0 were reasoning about why Poisoner was a comfortably weak option for Town to choose, and then his own vote for Poisoner later in the Day after Seph had rekindled Poisoner as a topic of conversation.
  • Other things to be gotten to in a moment.

Vote: Soup

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Re-did the post with the image without the swear mostly to clarify that I thought those posts from Nabe were actually good. Given that it'd look to be the exact opposite if someone just saw the mod warning.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
oops I didn't see this until fand quoted it above. sorry.

My issue with Moydow is primarily low content, little effort in scumhunting, and a wacky reads list that looks like an effort to save Seph in Day 1. Also lurking before the deadline at a critical time with a critical vote in the wrong direction. That's actually probably the biggest factor for me.

At least you, Soup, Kantrip, etc were present in the thread at the deadline, leaving yourself open to getting criticized if you were wrong.

Kantrip got bonus points for not taking opportunities to derail the Seph wagon (he could have done this by convincing me to switch to J; he did the opposite)
How do you think Soup looks on a Moy scum flip?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I figure it is probably fair for me to confirm that this post contains the same picture as the post with the redacted picture except the swear word was replaced with "zetta."

And yeah NP man, them's the rules is all, gotta do the mod thing.

Sorry for interrupting duders. GL

#HBC | ѕoup

I never considered myself in any imminent danger until now tbh

I'm not the dude you're looking for though so at best you'll be disappointed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I don't know... Given Soup's D1 content I don't think they are scum together but I'd still lynch him before like 6 other players.
In my opinion it could go either way. I think Soup's overall play is fine, but the timing for the Moy vote on D1 was off. I just overall think the Soup slot is more valuable than Moy's and Moy's flip is gonna give us more insight in what to look for.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I don't really know that Moy's lynch gives us insight. Or more insight than other options, at least. It's just kind of checking off a list item for me, like a policy lynch.

#HBC | ѕoup

Why are you acting like you are going to be today's lynch, when that doesn't even seem to be close to the case yet.
Nobody is voting me but for some reason I suddenly became in the bottom four which is hilarious in hindsight

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't really know that Moy's lynch gives us insight. Or more insight than other options, at least. It's just kind of checking off a list item for me, like a policy lynch.
Lynch people who seem scum imo

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Its mostly because of Soup's odd vote switch on Moy more than anything.

Although I do agree the Moy slot is not something that I want to keep around by endgame if they are gonna be just as inactive.

Maven89

Smash Master
Ok, a real part of me doesn't want to post this. My enthusiasm for the game dropped when I fell behind, and a large part of me wants to replace out. However, there is no replacement, and my slot is up to be lynched. It wouldn't be fair to the game, or to my replacement, to have me swapped. So I'm just going to buckle up and continue.

Day 0, I don't believe my play requires any explanation. I pushed for what I believe was the best choice for roles. I still think it was the best choice for roles, poisoner is bad.

Day 1, I had to skim, and this post happened.

I don't know if it's Maven's personality but I really don't like him. His logic is kinda dumb. Like he got on Nabe for not voting for no reason. I think it's because Nabe posted? I also feel like he doesn't know how to answer questions or understand things. I literally asked him what he felt the difference between the two different scenarios and he just ignored it and then said "I already said stuff." Like I'm sensing zero effort from him.I feel like he doesn't read what others say, but at the same time expect others to completely understand him.
I'm not used to people just going "Maven is so dumb, lol". Embarrassing as it is, it hit me hard and made me second guess myself. I noticed no one was agreeing with me in my scum reads except for one person on Nabe, and it made me think I might actually be playing poorly.

No one agreeing with me, as well as someone talking about me as if I was Shiny, as well as being unable to devote time to the game, made me lose confidence and start to backtrack. Maybe I was wrong? I basically just gave up what paths I was treading and just became sheepish.

On Nabe: For me, looking at Nabe's play Day 0, it seemed like the type of play I'd love to be able to pull off as scum. Contribute and get town read, without scum hunting. I felt the same in the Shiny's Mario Mafia game, where Nabe largely did the same thing Day 1. He was my largest scum read into Day 2 in that game, even though he turned out to be town. He was my biggest scum read in this game, and both of the time it wasn't because he was coming off extremely scummy, but because he was coming off in a way that reeked to me of just not townie enough. It's a Nabe unique read, as lame as that sounds.

Looking at day 1, it's really unfortunate to me that Seph was scum. I understand why I'm under suspicion and was being voted. But I ask that you guys remember that if I was scum partners with Seph, I'd play better than that.

I have to ask Koopa, last night you messaged me claiming you thought I was a PR. What happened to that thought?

D

Deleted member

Not really sure what's going on or how we got an extension but lol
I know I've been focusing on Nabe all game, but when did Maven mention being sick? Last I recall is him saying work and friends got in the way.

Originally he said he'd post before deadline. Now its been extended he has had plenty of time to at least explain himself.

Like he Nabe (till just recently) he hasnt really been doing much this game, but I had overlooked that cause he was really active pre-game and made very sound arguments.

If nabe isn't happening today. We should be looking at Maven or Moy. I see the case against Soup, but I don't think Soup should be priority over either of those two, and a Moy vote gives us more insight on Soup.
Maybe I misread or am misremembering it then. But Maven definitely mentioned something irl getting in the way of the game.

But hey, seems he's here now

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I have to ask Koopa, last night you messaged me claiming you thought I was a PR. What happened to that thought?
oh, okay, so I'll be honest. I was memeing when I sent that, but, it's been my thought since early game. I really don't want to talk about this since I don't want this to turn into r o l e f i s h i n g but I guess I'm better off clarifying now.

I messaged everyone and I just got off the high of catching Sephiroth as scum - Even if he'd flipped Town, I was planning on messaging everyone anyways, but, I took a stroke of confidence with some of my messages. In Soup's message (SOUP I HATE TAGGING YOU) I even said to him "Still think I'm scum?"

But for my PR Read: You were really involved in the role discussion like I was - I'd go as far to say that we were the two biggest town leads. I didn't think of you as Scum up until close to the Seph flip, but, I was pretty much thinking the whole day "there's a good chances he will have a PR for scum or town". I don't know if I'm right or not (nor do I want you to answer that unless you're on the rope) but I figured I'd clarify.

tl;dr: mostly comes from D0 discussion. it's a hunch and was never meant to be something super serious - I should have clarified and that's my bad.

I will say that I have a PR softclaim, but, that's all I'm willing to divulge at this moment in time. I'd rather no one ask any questions or else it'll turn into rolefishing.

Maven, who are your current reads? It's okay, we all sometimes get it wrong - The reason I didn't agree with your scumreads was, as stupid as this sounds, I thought it was too early.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Moy flips Scum: Soup is either A) town or B) risky AF scum. we can chalk that to Occam's razor and say probTown

Moy flips Town: if they're not a PR, we trim it down to only active players and we narrow our chances in tighter phases. I've only played one game with them though so I don't have a lot to judge

Also Moy flipping Town doesn't directly mean Soup is Scum or even close. Keep in mind, if we went with Vult's J lynch, we'd have lynched the jailer

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Using this thread instead of my role PM as my notepad right now - keeping it down to the four we're discussing (though, also, by proxy, Fandangox and Kantrip):

Nabe's flip gives us information on Maven and Soup. Maven's flip gives us information on Nabe. Soup's flip gives us information on Nabe and Moy. Moy's flip gives us information on Soup

If we throw Fandangox and Kantrip in there it gets a bit muddier.

Maven89

Smash Master
Using this thread instead of my role PM as my notepad right now - keeping it down to the four we're discussing (though, also, by proxy, Fandangox and Kantrip):

Nabe's flip gives us information on Maven and Soup. Maven's flip gives us information on Nabe. Soup's flip gives us information on Nabe and Moy. Moy's flip gives us information on Soup

If we throw Fandangox and Kantrip in there it gets a bit muddier.
Things like this have been bothering me. You admit to exaggerating the case on me to get me lynched and now you're pushing at lynching someone to get information on someone else, instead of just lynching the scummy people. If it wasn't for you pushing Seph so hard I'm 99% positive I'd be voting you for this. If you think Soup is scum, lynch Soup. Townsoup could have pushed townMoydow just as easily as ScumSoup.

I don't have reads comfortrable enough to vote on because I still haven't read day 2 all the way through, which I'm in the process of doing.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I don't have reads comfortrable enough to vote on because I still haven't read day 2 all the way through, which I'm in the process of doing.
If you want to do something productive that's also not much work, you can do an ISO of Moydow and give us your thoughts. It's fewer than 10 posts!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I had a whole thing typed up about how this game is mental anguish for me but I can summarize after the game is over.

instead of just lynching the scummy people.
That's just it, though. You got part of what's weird and made this day phase so quiet. Grats.

Everyone (Bar Moy because Finals week, and you, but now you're here) aren't scummy. It's the anti-scummy game - It's practically the complete opposite of Day 1. Vult Redux Vult Redux can back me up on this since he's voting in the same mindset I am:

We're not lynching anymore based on who's the scummiest person. We're lynching based on who's the least town. I realize how ridiculous this sounds but,

yeah... that's Moy

fwiw you're only "bottom four" because there only five players who could be scum fmpov. Yesterday's lynch put us at such an advantage that it's almost unfair.
Vult doesn't even think Soup is like, super scummy or anything, just a process of elimination thing.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Either way, Maven, you may be misunderstanding me and I know I threw a lot of reads lists out there until I came up with my final one along with a lot of these thoughts, but:

The play for today for me is Moy. If the rest of the town wants to change that, that's fine, but my play is Moy. I've made that perfectly clear in my "Moy voting". Unless something incredibly convincing comes along the way (Either Moy being able to boost activity or Moy being a PR), we're nnot lynching anyone that isn't Moy in my mind. Even the (current) Vote Tally says that.

If I was lynching just for information, Nabe or Soup would be the play. If I was lynching for VCA, you or Nabe would be the play. I'm not.

Happy?

Also giraffelasergun giraffelasergun have a vote count

Moydow: Kantrip, Vult Redux, Thirdkoopa, soup (4)
Maven: Shish (1)
Nabe: Fandangox (1)
Soup: Nabe (1)

Not Voting: Maven, Moydow, Pokechu, Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I had a whole thing typed up about how this game is mental anguish for me but I can summarize after the game is over.

That's just it, though. You got part of what's weird and made this day phase so quiet. Grats.

Everyone (Bar Moy because Finals week, and you, but now you're here) aren't scummy. It's the anti-scummy game - It's practically the complete opposite of Day 1. Vult Redux Vult Redux can back me up on this since he's voting in the same mindset I am:

We're not lynching anymore based on who's the scummiest person. We're lynching based on who's the least town. I realize how ridiculous this sounds but,

Vult doesn't even think Soup is like, super scummy or anything, just a process of elimination thing.

iVult doesn't even think Soup is like, super scummy or anything, just a process of elimination thing.
I mean play anti town kind of goes hand in hand with scum so I wouldn't say it would be totally illogical to lynch based on that.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I mean play anti town kind of goes hand in hand with scum so I wouldn't say it would be totally illogical to lynch based on that.
It's not. It just makes this game weirder to play. I guess I'm not used to oit is all

That said, I'll gladly talk about my hypothesis' as long as they do the town more good than harm, but, at the end of the day, I'm lynching who I find the scummiest to get rid of and helping getting rid of the scummiest players.

Thanks everyone who's given me a slap in the face. I've been overthinking and it's nobody's fault but my own.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Moydow, Mafia Roleblocker, has been day killed. Phase end is still 10/20/18 at 6 PM Central

Current Vote count:

Maven: Shish (1)
Nabe: Fandangox (1)
Soup: Nabe (1)

Not Voting: Maven, Pokechu, Z25, Kantrip, Vult Redux, Thirdkoopa, soup

Top Bottom