• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pwnz0rz Pack 3.02 - On a break, but a few future changes posted.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
So, it's been a while since I've been able to work on this, and also a while since I've been able to play Smash. But now I'm able to work on it again. I'll be putting together some music for an updated Peach's Castle, and thanks to Wing Zero, I'll probably update the Dr. Wily's Castle.

Updating the pack recently has felt a little intimidating because of all the stuff that the PMBR crew had added, but I think I'm done feeling intimidated by it. I'll be putting out an update, either a patch or full versions in the next few days, probably...unless I get distracted by life again. Lookin' forward to it.

NWRL

Smash Ace
This is my favorite build by far. Great music, great costumes and the extra competitive stages make it awesome for fests.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Alright, an update announcement for the pack. I've been working on getting Splat's update to Bowser's Castle into the game by having it replace Pictochat. The stage works great, and the music loops perfectly. The only problem that I'm having with this is having one of the "Random Stage Pick" switch icons stuck as Pictochat, lest the game freeze with a loud EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sound. Hopefully this doesn't bother the rest of you as much as it bothers me.

I will continue to search for an alternative to this, but for the time being, if I want an update to be timely (Not that it has been...totally my bad), I'll need to ignore this little case of visual menu perfection in order to get this update posted.

I've also added the version of Dr. Wily's Castle that Wing Zero posted, which I'm really happy with. Bout time we can play the stage without the obnoxious lag. Hope the wait has been worth this little update.

Edit: The update will probably be out sometime today, just waiting for the upload to complete.

Hey, how would I revert the color of the SSS background back to the purple pm one?
Sorry about the delay, you probably got the answer somewhere else in the meantime, but I'll still answer this just in case.
Open your common5.pac in Brawl Box and go to sc_selmap_en\MiscData[20]\Textures(NW4R) and scroll down until you get to MenFigure03Bg. Replace the one in this with the one in the standard Project M download. If you wanted to change it to some other color, just extract the file and open it in an image editor and color it something other than black.

Last edited:

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
Alright, an update for the pack. I've been working on getting Splat's update to Bowser's Castle into the game by having it replace Pictochat. The stage works great, and the music loops perfectly. The only problem that I'm having with this is having one of the "Random Stage Pick" switch icons stuck as Pictochat, lest the game freeze with a loud EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sound. Hopefully this doesn't bother the rest of you as much as it bothers me.

I will continue to search for an alternative to this, but for the time being, if I want an update to be timely (Not that it has been...totally my bad), I'll need to ignore this little case of visual menu perfection in order to get this update posted.

I've also added the version of Dr. Wily's Castle that Wing Zero posted, which I'm really happy with. Bout time we can play the stage without the obnoxious lag. Hope the wait has been worth this little update.
does it at least say it's updated? the dates in the op are still the same

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
does it at least say it's updated? the dates in the op are still the same
I'm sorry, you misunderstood. I was giving an update on the what was happening with the pack. I didn't mean that I'd uploaded the update yet. I'm currently working on that upload, and it's about 34% complete.

Edit: I've updated that post to make sure no one else mistakes what I said. My bad.

Last edited:

Mysterious Potato

Smash Cadet
Sorry about the delay, you probably got the answer somewhere else in the meantime, but I'll still answer this just in case.
Open your common5.pac in Brawl Box and go to sc_selmap_en\MiscData[20]\Textures(NW4R) and scroll down until you get to MenFigure03Bg. Replace the one in this with the one in the standard Project M download. If you wanted to change it to some other color, just extract the file and open it in an image editor and color it something other than black.
Okay thanks! Also for dr.wily's castle, I've been trying to put it over a jungle japes (since I have Hope4NewDay's version of big blue over big blue) however, whenever i try to select jungle japes the game freezes. Is there any way around this?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Okay thanks! Also for dr.wily's castle, I've been trying to put it over a jungle japes (since I have Hope4NewDay's version of big blue over big blue) however, whenever i try to select jungle japes the game freezes. Is there any way around this?
You'll require a rel for it.
http://www.lakora.us/rel/
The stage you want the base to be is Skyworld, then set the "To replace" to Jungle Japes and it should work properly.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, I'll give you a short summary of what's happening... Whenever I go to dreamland and W06 plays the song finishes once but before it loops it plays an outrageously sped up static song that I can't place before finally looping again. I thought maybe I might of corrupted a file somewhere when replacing stuff but after trying out a few other spare songs on my hard drive they were all met with the same issue. Any idea what might be causing this? Regardless I love your pack man, only have a few issues. Things like ZSS and mario having issues with doubles due to their skin colors.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Quick question, I'll give you a short summary of what's happening... Whenever I go to dreamland and W06 plays the song finishes once but before it loops it plays an outrageously sped up static song that I can't place before finally looping again. I thought maybe I might of corrupted a file somewhere when replacing stuff but after trying out a few other spare songs on my hard drive they were all met with the same issue. Any idea what might be causing this? Regardless I love your pack man, only have a few issues. Things like ZSS and mario having issues with doubles due to their skin colors.
Defrag your SD card.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761

it's finally here

also when's textureless pack
I'm working on getting it together. I've been surprisingly busy lately with non-smash stuff (Sucks, life does.), but I do plan to put up a Music-Lite and a Textureless version...hopefully within the next week.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Hi Pwnzor, long time no post in this thread.

I have a question about your build, are the stages 3.0 compatible with the camera and blast zones for all the custom stages?
Thanks in advance

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Hi Pwnzor, long time no post in this thread.

I have a question about your build, are the stages 3.0 compatible with the camera and blast zones for all the custom stages?
Thanks in advance
As far as I know, most are. If you happen to find one that isn't, let me know and I'll fix it if I can.

I do know that Jungle Japes doesn't have a good camera, but I've been trying to find a way to add a camera to it so I can make it work right.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Quick question, I DL'd thw castlesky stage earlier from brawl vault, but the preview image was way to small. Do you have a larger picture?

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Still can't get over how close my music pack is to this. It's awesome. Can't wait to see further improvements to the pack, it's probably still my favorite build here on SB (Well besides the Smash 3 pack :p ).

?.?

Smash Journeyman
So I love this pack but I do have one qualm... Why are some of the team csps not assigned correctly, just taking a quick glance through the colors on some characters in team battle shows Roy, Squirtle, and Mewtwo all not matching their respective teams. Not a big issue but as someone who has a lot of casual friends and as a result they all play doubles it can be quite irksome.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
So I love this pack but I do have one qualm... Why are some of the team csps not assigned correctly, just taking a quick glance through the colors on some characters in team battle shows Roy, Squirtle, and Mewtwo all not matching their respective teams. Not a big issue but as someone who has a lot of casual friends and as a result they all play doubles it can be quite irksome.
I'm going to need you to show me exactly where they aren't correct. I'm looking through the data, and everything is where it's supposed to be.

As for Squirtle, if it's coming out with yellow on the blue team, that's not me. That's Project M's design choice for Squirtle. Mewtwo and Roy's red, blue, and green palettes should be exactly what they're intended to be and clearly those selected colors.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to need you to show me exactly where they aren't correct. I'm looking through the data, and everything is where it's supposed to be.

As for Squirtle, if it's coming out with yellow on the blue team, that's not me. That's Project M's design choice for Squirtle. Mewtwo and Roy's red, blue, and green palettes should be exactly what they're intended to be and clearly those selected colors.
Alright, I'll take a look through tomorrow. I recently lent my friend my copy of P:M and he wiped it... Haven't restored my backup since.

WinterKirby

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 1947 5087 1303
How come in the OP, it says you have the models for Awakening Marth, but it's not actually in the build when I DL'ed it? I admit, I was excited, then disappointed.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
How come in the OP, it says you have the models for Awakening Marth, but it's not actually in the build when I DL'ed it? I admit, I was excited, then disappointed.
That part must not have been updated. It's supposed to show the more Smash 4 Marth style now. I will adjust it.

Since you wanted to use Awakening Marth instead of Shadow Dragon Marth, I have put this patch together so you could use it.

Last edited:

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Any chance on you releasing just your music pack?

WinterKirby

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 1947 5087 1303
Isn't that just as simple as taking the BRSTMs out of the full pack?

I mean, if you want the names, they're located in info2/info.pac as MiscData[140]. Copy that over to MiscData[140] in info_training.pac and MiscData[7] in menu2/mu_menumain.pac

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Isn't that just as simple as taking the BRSTMs out of the full pack?

I mean, if you want the names, they're located in info2/info.pac as MiscData[140]. Copy that over to MiscData[140] in info_training.pac and MiscData[7] in menu2/mu_menumain.pac
I'm aware how to get it, but just the music pack would be more convenient for those who just want the BRSTMs/info.pac.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Any chance on you releasing just your music pack?
It seems that I've been beaten to the punch by WinterKirby. Haha.

An update on the pack overall, I've been swamped lately and haven't had reliable internet to be able to upload things too big. Fortunately, I can work on stuff tonight and get uploads going.

Last edited:

IHaveAName

Very Cute Robot
I tried switching to another mod pack and it was awful.

Yours is the best one I've seen so far. Thanks for making an awesome thing.

caldonis

Smash Rookie
do you have a CSS with regular sjs icons where you put the coins. If not how would i go about doing so?

Top Bottom