• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That's the Lotus Temple in Delhi.

But wow, I never noticed the similarity, despite actually having visited the place... O_O

:231:
Maybe that's intentional thing they went for when dsigining her land-

Maybe.

Also I'm reminded of the time when I found out that Lip's House in Captain Rainbow was based on the concept art of her house from PDP's official site.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've been thinking, shall I try and make a 3D model of Lip?

Sorry for the sudden question hah. Just been looking for some more things to model for practice. :p

How have you guys been doing by the way? :)

Last edited:

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
Just a little question :

If Lip is in the game, do you think they will modelize her pantsu under her skirt ? :nervous:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Just a little question :

If Lip is in the game, do you think they will modelize her pantsu under her skirt ? :nervous:
Furil wears bloomers according to a few bits of in-game art, so probably not.

Of course, they may just go the Peach route and make everything above her knees a black void, sidestepping the issue entirely.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just a little question :

What Curious said. They'll probably give her bloomers, which would actually fit with her character.

The only character who has that issue in the current roster is Palutena, and even then she's basically wearing undershorts. I think they'll just alter the style of her underwear to fit with her design.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
You guys sound a little... dare I say, disappointed.

Just saying~ Hee hee hee...

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I've been thinking for a while, and I've come to the conclusion that a Lip plushie would be great to have. She's adorable as it is, so making a small, soft, cuddly doll of her just seems right. Unfortunately, no official plushies exist and seemingly won't for quite some time, so I'm left with a few options:

1. learn sewing so I can make one myself,
2. somehow convince my sister to sew one for me, or,
3. request one from a plush artist on, say, DeviantArt, who's taking commissions.

All of those options will be expensive due to the relatively high cost of raw material, though...

WalkOnARainbow

Smash Cadet
Well this subject was certainly... something. ^^;

I think a Lip plush sounds like a great idea. And learning to sew would be a wonderful idea. Maybe you could become one of those people who makes commissions. And yeah... materials can be kind of expensive. There are always, um, cheaper methods of getting fabric, though.

I hope you do make or have a Lip plushie made somehow. That would be so adorable. I would love to see it.

I would really like to find some ways to promote Lip and give her a better chance of winning. I want to spread the word and get more people to support Lip. But I don't know of the best ways. King K. Rool fans seem to be making Twitter accounts and making Youtube videos and things like that.

I wish I were better at drawing and making videos or plushies or things like that. But I can at least make Twitter and Tumblr things and post them. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me! Maybe we can all work together on something!

PsychoJosh

I've been thinking for a while, and I've come to the conclusion that a Lip plushie would be great to have. She's adorable as it is, so making a small, soft, cuddly doll of her just seems right. Unfortunately, no official plushies exist and seemingly won't for quite some time, so I'm left with a few options:

1. learn sewing so I can make one myself,
2. somehow convince my sister to sew one for me, or,
3. request one from a plush artist on, say, DeviantArt, who's taking commissions.

All of those options will be expensive due to the relatively high cost of raw material, though...
People pay like upwards of $1000 to get those pony plush dolls that are all over deviantart, so, better start saving up. And look for a really good craftsman in the meantime.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I wish I were better at drawing and making videos or plushies or things like that. But I can at least make Twitter and Tumblr things and post them. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me! Maybe we can all work together on something!
I sometimes post #Lip For SSB4 DLC related thing on FYeahPanelDePon. (As of right now, J04KIM's Lip for Smash post has 17 notes, making it about the second or third most noted post on the blog). I'd love to use it as a "campaign base" of sorts, like some of the K. Rool supporters are doing.

People pay like upwards of $1000 to get those pony plush dolls that are all over deviantart, so, better start saving up. And look for a really good craftsman in the meantime.
The high price for the pony plushies is probably because many of them get eBayed after they're done. Around 2008-2009ish, I came across someone on DA who was making Midna plush dolls (I still want one...) for only around $60. Maybe they're the exception and not the rule, but I don't think I'd have to save up that much for a Lip plushie. I hope I won't, anyway.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I remember when people used a hilarious argument about Lip being too loli for Smash because her skirt would provide too many problems to the developers. Nevertheless I would say exactly same as Curious.

PsychoJosh

The high price for the pony plushies is probably because many of them get eBayed after they're done. Around 2008-2009ish, I came across someone on DA who was making Midna plush dolls (I still want one...) for only around $60. Maybe they're the exception and not the rule, but I don't think I'd have to save up that much for a Lip plushie. I hope I won't, anyway.
Actually they cost that much because they're large, high quality artisan crafts with a lot of time and effort put into them, and the people making them need that money to eat. Generally speaking, the quality of the doll depends on how much you're willing to pay but you need to find the right plush maker first, and there's not a lot of them that do humanoid characters.

Trust me, I've been looking for someone to make me a Rosalina plush forever...

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Actually they cost that much because they're large, high quality artisan crafts with a lot of time and effort put into them, and the people making them need that money to eat. Generally speaking, the quality of the doll depends on how much you're willing to pay but you need to find the right plush maker first, and there's not a lot of them that do humanoid characters.

Trust me, I've been looking for someone to make me a Rosalina plush forever...
Depends on the size, I guess. They were pretty good Midnas, but they were about 6-8" tall. I don't need a life-size plushie, really, any size will do as long as it's big enough to snuggle.

A Lip plushie could be sooooooooooooo cute :love:
"Could be"?

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Here's something special I made to get Lip in the Smash. Make this rivalry a reality! Give Puzzle League a second chance of life!

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Yes! You can! As long as you credit me, OK?
Thanks. I always credit the artists whose work I put up on the blog, so I made sure to name-drop you.

Here's to hoping we can get more people to vote for Lip this way! ^^

Last edited:

WalkOnARainbow

Smash Cadet
So many people on the support list is encouraging.
Am I on the list? I would like to be on the list.

I see so many people with supporting Lip signatures, too. I would like one.
Can I use someone's Lip supporting signature picture? Please? :172:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So many people on the support list is encouraging.
Am I on the list? I would like to be on the list.

I see so many people with supporting Lip signatures, too. I would like one.
Can I use someone's Lip supporting signature picture? Please? :172:
Well, here's one I made ages ago, and am using again as of these days:

Might go put it on the OP now.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

This is my fourth drawing ever, so please don't be too harsh. :p

:231:
It's not that bad, really, it's just the face/the eyes that can be improved a bit, but everything else is fine, even the hands are good that usually are the hardest thing to draw! Anyway it looks adorable! ;)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'm kinda new to the whole idea of Lip as a playable character but I think she would work well. I also might make a signature for her (like my K. Rool one) if anyone can find a background of Panel de Pon

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm kinda new to the whole idea of Lip as a playable character but I think she would work well. I also might make a signature for her (like my K. Rool one) if anyone can find a background of Panel de Pon
You could try using the flowers in the background of the SNES game's title screen.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I tried looking for them but I got lip all up in my title screen
Most emulators have features to disable individual layers. You could find a PDP ROM and disable the sprite layers plus whatever layer the title graphic appears on to get a clean background rip.

Failing that, Kapus used the flower background for the music comparison videos she's got on her channel. I bet she'd be willing to share.

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
More reasons to vote for Lip:
1: Who would voice Lip for Smash Bros.? She was very talkative in Captain Rainbow.
2: How's this for Lip's Final Smash?: Lip activates a playfield of blocks from her own game, and what you have to do in this 15 second final smash is perform combos and chains. Combos will give more damage to her opponents with garbage blocks, but Chains are the ones that sends opponents flying. The bigger the Garbage Blocks are via chains, the more likely that opponents will get KO'ed.

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
Lip did'nt have a seiyuu in her SNES game ?

She could have a cuuuuuuuuuuute voice :love:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Ooh! And here's another nifty reason to vote for Lip:
What if, in addition to Lip coming to Smash Bros., Sakurai and the team added a special DLC puzzle mode called Panel Smash, in which that mode is inspired by the Puzzle League series?
There are three formats in Panel Smash: Garbage, Time (acts like Garbage Block, but you're not out when your stack reaches the top), and Stock.
Instead of aligning the shapes, you'll align the symbols of the fighters you see. The ! panel will still be there to help players out. Unlike past Puzzle League games, you now have the ability to toggle panels before beginning a match. There are 26 panels in all you can toggle on and off, 25 being all of the symbols for the Smash Bros fighters, including the Smash Bros, symbol, and for the other, you can toggle on and off the ! panel.
If Panel Smash is a reality, Sakurai better add that Exploding Lift mechanic, and online play should be added in this special DLC mode. I'D LOVE IT!!!! I'd play that mode with the Wii U Pro Controller!
Who's with me on this puzzling idea?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
It'd be adorable, but I can't really see them adding a new game mode because of one fighter, unfortunately.

Lip did'nt have a seiyuu in her SNES game ?

She could have a cuuuuuuuuuuute voice :love:
Every character in the SNES game had a voice actor. Her voice was indeed adorable! Probably Lip would/will have hers replaced since the actors in the SNES game were most likely interns, but I can't imagine them not giving a cute voice to a cute little fairy. ^^

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Now think about this...
If Lip from Panel de Pon makes it to Super Smash Bros., somewhere down the line, fans are going to demand Panel de Pon to the US for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, like what happened when Roy was a secret character in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
You want this to happen? I want this to happen too!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
It came soooo close to happening when Nintendo Puzzle Collection was released, too.

I'd love the original game to be released over here (hopefully translated), but I think a Puzzle & Dragons/Mario & Luigi style PDP RPG would be even cooler.

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
I also made this to help Lip get in the game. I posted this on my Twitter, so if you're planning to use this, don't forget to credit me and my Twitter account, OK?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I also made this to help Lip get in the game. I posted this on my Twitter, so if you're planning to use this, don't forget to credit me and my Twitter account, OK?
I've never played one of her games (stupid Japan only s***) but I've played Pokemon Puzzle League on the GBC. Put me on that supporter list if there is one.

Top Bottom