• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Fun fact: The overdose scene where Vincent gives Mia a shot of syringe was shot backwards, with Travolta pulling the already-inserted syringe out of Thurman's chest, and played the opposite way.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
whoa. i just (re)watched it the other day, I wish you had told me sooner >=(

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
1.) AfroGandhi - Your vote may not have been a scummy thing to do at the end of D1, but it made me look at you a lot closer, and I thought you were scum.You got bused to your death D3 which sucks. Still you did fine.

2.) J = You dropped the ball in lylo, othereise I felt like you did pretty well in general in nailing people and getting done what needed to be done.

3.) Ranmaru - Step back from the keyboard sometimes and stop asking so questions. Make sure they lead to something and follow up well, a lot of your questions imo didn't do as much as some of your better ones did.

4.) Soupamario - CCing was a bad move, sit and wait next time about if CCing was the right call.

5.) Ryker - You nailed Washed a bit early in D1, but Washed scum and you being good at mafia = you dead N1. Lovers sucked as well but it helped with Ranmaru for you.

6.) Evil Eye - I actually didn't rely on gut, more so I need to work on my reasoning. I had a feeling your push on afro was to let you get townie points. D4 I was going to settle on you if Gheb didn't play how he did D4 which marking everyone as scum suspects. You did very well, and I'll prop you with an MvP, but you got it so, yeah.

7.) Gheb_01 - I didn't have a large problem with you until D4, you went all over the place with accusations. I didn;t agree with scum Gheb entirely until you play fell apart.

8.) Circus - I thought it was obvious EE was scum when I died, but you got paranoid of J due to previous games it seems. Ignore past games and meta unless it is absolutely relevant and helps with reads, don't think when you considered J playing you in sleepover you thought this. Otherwise you nailed a lot of scumpicks well.

9.) Shinarouji - You had to die, lol. Your play didn't do much of anything with an OMGUS vote pretty much made me decide to shoot you. Hopefully I can see you when you are more active.

10.) Gordito - Sorry for the ML, I thought you were scum with your play. Sucks that you were gone while lynched as well. :<

11.) vVv Choice - Some of you responses and words just put you on the table, made you look really scummy. Watch the word choice next time.

12.) Red Ryu - :lucario:

13.) WashedLaundry - You planned it out so well. Didn't think you were fishing like that until it was too late. Lesson learned and you comments in the QT are making me abandon posting town lists ever again.

~

Short and sweet. Loved this game and the people I played with, I felt like I played a bit better this time but I got work to do to get even better at this.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I kinda felt like ya did a bit Gheb. You kept through suspicion and pretty much everyone D4, despite some facts. Should have just stuck with one without the "cute" comments.

X1, true more so I don't think any of the pushes were strong until EE made his large post.

Choice

Smash Champion
honestly i wanted to come off a bit scummy after all the bread crumbing i had done day 1 but what i got out instead was way more than what i intended. it seemed like a never ending hole that no matter what i did couldnt escape from.

i also figured that if i looked scummy, scum would leave me alive for longer figuring that i would simply be mislynched.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You did good Choice. Good cop play. I mean, only because you came off scummy instead of town trying to stay alive as a PR. Also liked your targets, good job.

I forget why I pushed you, but meh. : P

Choice

Smash Champion
it was my first time as cop, so i had no idea what to do really. then when i asked the mod for advice before the game started, he said no one can give me any not even him =/

i just wanted opinions on what a cop should do, not "you should target x,y or z" oh wellz

gg

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh, my bad. I have only played once as cop, but I would feel that you should play conservatively so that you don't draw much heat to yourself, and not possibly get run up to claim. Of course, you still have to HELP THE TOWN in some way.

I think you did well with picking your targets. I mean I would do the same, i'd scan towny ppl or just ppl that have stayed under the radar. I wouldn't scan flakers or lurkers cuz they'd most likely be lynch bait. I would also be ok with scanning an experienced player or an ambigious read.

Basically, you should scan the people you CAN'T read for the life of you. If you can read me as obv scummy, don't scan me, push for my lynch during the DAY.

Also, you can try being active and very vocal as cop too, for PR wifom. I'd just say don't be scummy. : P (You can check my bad play as Even night cop in Newb 11)

But yeah, gg.

I'm sure others might have better advice as cop. I have only been cop once.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
One of them was "Your lawyer ain't here, bud" to Axel. Then I dug up at least one more when I was doin some D3 rereadin'. Think one of them was related to being a detective putting the clues together and how that's why he prefers town.

Anyway. Being a little bit scummy as a cop is definitely good, but it's not the be all and end all to the role. I've played with investigative roles a multitude of times, and each time, I just played how I normally do. Aggressive, watchful, and just a liiiiiiiittle bit stuck-up. My natural playstyle draws some amount of heat to me, in most games, so that tends to work out nicely. Not sure if that applies to you, though. But if you make too much of a change, people that know you will notice. And if they're scum... hoboy not good.

But it is a good strategy if you can do it well. You almost pulled it off, but it wasn't quit there. It was still definitely a good attempt. If you decide to try the same tactic later on, I'd say avoid gaping holes in your arguments and double-check your posts to avoid them. When you strawmanned Axel during that back and forth was a good example; you might have done that on purpose, and yeah, it does add to your perceived scumminess. But it's just a little too concrete, and too obvious. You don't want to try substantive, inarguable heat. Just a wee bit, ya know.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't know where else to say this, so I'm just gonna do it here: Ran, don't ever change. With as much **** as you get from people around here, you could be a totally jaded jerk, but you're not. Stay classy, man.

That is all.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
except don't bicker with soup like that ever again or i WILL altf4 on life.

Top Bottom