• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ptbr = **** Is Serious Business

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Hey guys I see I am no longer up for review and Im not sure why but if I didnt get in I will keep trying just lemme know anything that can help because Im kinda in the dark here figuring I cant see if there are any other tasks to be finished.

Oh and I see the cool hair is a real big priority in the PTBR. Lol I am a red head with a green PT hat so I honestly look alot like green PT so I dunno if thats kool I thought it was lol.

Toby.

Smash Master
Guess who's baaaack!

So I was talking to T-Block on AIM about a mind crushingly large project.

Toby: i was looking at the frame data
and it occurred to me that one of the reasons that its not immediately useful to most players, is that they don't intuitively know that the X frames of end lag on a move allows for opponents to punish it with their Y or Z.
so i thought
wouldn't it be nice to know what moves every character can use to punish OUR moves when they shield them?
and THEN i thought
it would also be nice to know whether a SH retreating X, or grounded Y, would be completely safe when done at Z distance from the opponent
that last bit is especially important in matchups like marth and sonic
see what i mean?
massive, massive, massive
BUT
it would let us actually have proper, perfect zoning

T-Block: Oh man

Toby:because we would actually know the perfect distance to stand to be safe

T-Block:that's like

defining the PT metagame lol

Toby: yeah

T-Block:i like it though

if we could pull it off

Toby: We would be winners :p

----------

I have a couple new years presents for you guys. This doesn't classify, because this is going to take a long time. A long, long time.

Either way, look forward to it. Let me know if you want to help ;)

<3

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Im lucky to be friends with some of the top players im Michigan (lain, judge. panda, omni, ect) so i might be able to get some cool vids up eventually (assuming they just dont own me everytime, haha)

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Im lucky to be friends with some of the top players im Michigan (lain, judge. panda, omni, ect) so i might be able to get some cool vids up eventually (assuming they just dont own me everytime, haha)
you have my interest.

Do Pokemon tournament results count? :p
No.

But if other pt br members are up to it, we will make an elite 4 on shoddy that you have to get through to enter the BR.

and same with starcraft like beat me in a set or something lol.

=P

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Omg if you want to get wrecked.
lets good
i fooled around with a calm mind jirachi lololol

get at me toby and i are palying righ now come watch or take turns

he got wuupped smogon server tobytobytobytoby is him and my name is the same

EDIT 3

then shaya ***** tblcok

now i am playing shaya

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
So i think I am going to make entrance to the BR based on a start craft or shoddy battle challenge.

lol
O.o I might actually stand a chance at making it in, then.

Course, so far as Shoddy goes, I think I should be let in on principle for rockin' a MonoKanto team. :)

:077:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
PTBR-Pokemon Trainer Brings ****.

I'm a pokemon trainer fan. Keep advancing show the rest of the cast what chall got.

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
Let me see it.

And then we will talk.
Sure thing. In the process of changing up the roster at the moment, since the current metagame is screwing me over pretty bad, but once I get those last two slots settled, we can have a battle or whatever. :)

:076:

^^^^ Seeing that as my pokemon roll makes me sad. Golem's one of the ones who's cycling out. :/

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Do you use PT at all sir?
No, how cool would that be? I main sheik. I play a lot with Mata, I hear he is pretty well received (and justly so)

In the hands of smart talented players PT can do a lot. I'm not smart enough and am relatively unwilling to learn.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Is it because you suck?

Or is there some other reason?

Play starcraft instead.
Haha, no, it's because I don't remember the IVs of some of my older Pokemon, and when I tried inputting them, I got some kind of error.

Never tried Starcraft, though.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm not using HP on this Pokemon, but I can't seem to get the right combination of IVs/EVs to get her stats in Shoddy to match her stats in-game.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I prefer wifi to shoddy, but i do use shoddy as well

also i used to be really good at starcraft, i was ranked B+ on ICCUP / WCG, but that was several years ago

I havent played in a while but its always fun

also who wants to play a pokemon wifi battle?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Just make 'em perfect =\

Battling is serious business.
Bah, I just breed them for 25-31 IVs in two or three stats and call it good. My team's fully capable of taking down perfectly IV'd teams.

Sorry Magik, no Wi-Fi at college. :(

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
If I had a team to take over to Wifi, I would. As it happens, I havn't even reached the second Gym in Plat yet. :/

:064:

Edit: Feel it's worth mentioning, I hate Jirachi... Evpecially getting flinch haxed five times inna row...

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
but on shoddy you might as well make them perfect.
I don't want to make them perfect because they're not IRL. I battle to get a better understanding of how different combinations of my Pokemon work together, so I want their stats to be identical.

Toby.

Smash Master
There is a new back room. Any PT main who wants to view the contents and help further the pt metagame will be able to; I'll PM the details to you all soon.

I feel that the social group setup on smash boards doesn't really allow for a productive back room - we can't organize our discussion well, and lose a lot of our information because of the lack of search functionality.

I also don't like the fact that a lot of the topics covered in the back room rarely see the light of the normal boards.

At the same time there are steps we have to take to improve ourselves; one of those steps is a deep analysis of our weaknesses. We need to learn how to destroy pokemon trainer so that we never let ourselves get into those situations in actual matches. Due to the potential of this research to backfire on us and give our opponents step by step instructions for beating us, we couldn't simply remove the back room and place everything on the normal boards. That is why this new one exists.

So yes. An organised back room for generally serious business (:p) that all PT mains can access. Rather than a social group ala smash boards, I've opted for an entire forum so that we can organize our discussion and keep everything tidy. I hope you all like it. I'm still ironing out the kinks and moving the content over from the original back room.

I've also added a few pieces of information there so that everyone has reference material close by - frame data, that sort of thing.

Merry Christmas or something.

Miles this is the present I was talking about.

To clarify: almost all completed data and articles will still be posted on smash boards. This is not intended to be the new pokemon trainer board. It's just a potentially great work station where we can freely explore our weaknesses without getting immediately screwed over :p

Top Bottom