• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PT FS: TF = OMG

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I honestly think the move concept itself is just boring and uncreative. They could've came up with something much more interesting. But, the text boxes make it win, at least a little bit.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Yeah, this update was lame in my opinion, as we indefenitly all saw it coming.

However, I thought there attacks were going to combine, like in the TV show, and it makes a swirling blast of flame, solar energy, and water.

Pretty lame that they just do it at once. >_>

However, I love the text box touch.

M.K

Level 55
This week has been full of "lame".

I guess this FS is alright, as I believe we all saw it coming. Why do they all have to stand in the same place though? They could've spread all around the stage and cover almost all of it. *Sigh*, oh well, I'll try him out...

Doesn't Ivysaur look so out of place? :p

NukeA6

Smash Master
I disagree...

Notice what Metaknight's getting hit with...a huge Blast...that from a side, looks just like a wall.
But if you pause it and enter camera mode, it'd probably look like the Fire Blast "stickman" we all know and love.

I personally love this Attack, because it's Quite original.
Squirtle is taking Blastoise's properties, and just blowing people away.
Ivysaur's Solar Beam is piercing
and Charizard's Fire Blast is high damaging to those hit by it...it's a great combination, and if all three hit (Pierced by Ivysaur, Stuck in the wall of Charizard's FB, and then blown away by Squirtle's Hydro Pump at High %) it could be devastating.
Thanks for pointing that out :)

Shadow_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Final Smash

All in all, not that exciting but the text box is cool. I wonder, if it misses will it read "The Attack Missed!"?

Just so you know:
Squirtle - Hydro Cannon
Ivysaur - Frenzy Plant
Charizard - Blast Burn

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
All in all, not that exciting but the text box is cool. I wonder, if it misses will it read "The Attack Missed!"?

Just so you know:
Squirtle - Hydro Cannon
Ivysaur - Frenzy Plant
Charizard - Blast Burn
No, Sakurai identified the attacks in the update. Besides, Squirtle and Ivysaur can't learn Hydro CAnnon and Frenzy Plant, respectively.

NukeA6

Smash Master
No, Sakurai identified the attacks in the update. Besides, Squirtle and Ivysaur can't learn Hydro CAnnon and Frenzy Plant, respectively.
Yup, that's only for the fully evolved starters that share the particular element.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Just so you know:
Squirtle - Hydro Cannon
Ivysaur - Frenzy Plant
Charizard - Blast Burn
Squirtle is using HYDRO PUMP
Ivysaur is using SOLARBEAM
Charizard is using FIRE BLAST...

Ya know...just so YOU KNOW

RicanThunder

Smash Cadet
How can you not like this FS. People are complaining its a forward blast. Well in the pokemon world(especially from the originals) - super powerful attacks are usually just that. The one thing though, ivysaur looks pretty stupid the way he is standing, I dont know whats up with that.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
In my opinion this Final Smash just plain blows. I was expecting more fireworks, even if it would just be forward.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh, i always thought Fire Blast formed some kind of Kanji in the first pokemon games...

Fox's face as he's being obliterated cracked me up.

Perhaps some characters can save the smash ball to use whenever they want (Mario, Samus, PT... maybe replacing their "B" moves once), and others activate it immediately (Bowser, Pit, Yoshi). Just a theory.
If that was the case i would wait for when i am nearing death with Bowser then when i am about to be finished i would use my final smash to become invincible as my las resort of if i am too low for Pikachu, Diddy Kong or Yoshi to reach the ledge and use my final smash to fly right back up to recovery

Kinnikuman

Smash Cadet
Fs

Here's my theory on what happens and when u can release a Final Smash.
1. The Character Grabs the Smash Ball
2. The Character Glows for a couple seconds and can manuver during this time, this can be known as standby
3. The Character Releases the attack

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Mmm.... to be honest I'm not really enthusiastic about this final smash either. Don't get me wrong, it's probably going to do massive damage, but it won't be as fun to manipulate. Let's consider some of the others:

Bowser - play as Gigabowser, every Bowser player's dream
Pikachu - Chase people around as GIANT ELECTRIC BALL OF DOOM!
Yoshi - Chase people around as FLYING DRAGON OF DOOM!
etc. etc.

The thing I like about these is that you actually get to DO something with these final smashes. By contrast, PT's, Mario's, even possibly Kirby's and Pit's seem slightly..... boring.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Bowser - play as Gigabowser, every Bowser player's dream
Pikachu - Chase people around as GIANT ELECTRIC BALL OF DOOM!
Yoshi - Chase people around as FLYING DRAGON OF DOOM!
Chyea... I totally called that those were the coolest FSes a few pages back.

This guy, Lumancer, just totally backed me up and helped prove it.

Cheers! ;)

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
would you be able to damage them in the attack though?
and would it do triple the damage if it hit?

Top Bottom