• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA: Simple Solutions to Common Problems Collaboration

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
Please correct me if I'm wrong on this (JoeGrandma, or anyone who's done this before), I only know the theory of making custom GFX.
This should go under "Brawlboxing a projectile", I would think.

Changed to reflect below post

[collapse=How to make/swap graphic effects]An example of custom gfx: here (Neku by Greeneggsandham/JoeGrandma) Note the lasers and the player pin insignia. To make a custom graphic effect, you have to replace one of the external graphic effects of the character you are working on. These are found in Fit[Charactername].pac. To replace the external gfx, you swap the model of the external gfx with another model, and you also have to import the textures. Here's a guide to model swapping with brawlbox. After swapping the models and importing the textures, you load the external gfx with an External GFX event. You can attach the gfx to any bone you want, and also change its size. A list of External GFX can be found here(use control+f and search for "External Graphic Effects".)
As for the player pin insignia, I took Marth's entry thing and drew the symbol on it in Paint.NET, and then replaced Marth's entry's texture with that.

That doesn't work most of the time, though, because it's 2D, needs to be something symmetrical down the middle, and is the color of Marth's entry.

If you have a GFX that almost looks like something you want, you can give it a custom animation and mess with the scales or move parts around. (i.e. Neku's ice pillars being Togepi's ice thing, but stretched vertically).
[/collapse]

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Well, the lasers are unchanged from their source, so they're not really custom, but as for the player pin insignia, I took Marth's entry thing and drew the symbol on it in Paint.NET, and then replaced Marth's entry's texture with that.

That doesn't work most of the time, though, because it's 2D, needs to be something symmetrical down the middle, and is the color of Marth's entry.

If you have a GFX that almost looks like something you want, you can give it a custom animation and mess with the scales or move parts around. (i.e. Neku's ice pillars being Togepi's ice thing, but stretched vertically).

ChuteTheMessenger

[collapse=XYZ Offsets... What are these and how can you use them?]
X, Y, and Z offsets tell the game where to attach hitboxes/gfx from the character's pivot point. They allow you to transition hitboxes/gfx to whatever points you specify. Say you want an explosion to occur from an attack, but far away from your character. You would set the hitbox to whatever bone you want. Then, you would put in a value in the X/Z offset to move the hitbox more to the right of your character.
However, due to bone/animation differences, sometimes a different offset will move in another direction. Sometimes an X offset will control left/right movement, and sometimes a Z offset will, as explained by Eldiran.
Problem is, it changes depending on the animation/bone layout of the character. Usually Z moves an object forward (positive) or backward (negative) in front of you, Y moves it up or down, and X is depth. Usually. I've had times where, because my character was leaning over or spinning or doing something weird (apparently) I had to use X or Y to move a hitbox or graphic to where I wanted it. And yes, this is even when using bone 0, which is typically constant.

So basically... you have to use trial and error.
[/collapse]

This thread should really be stickied for its usefulness.

NNID
Budget_Player
[collapse=XYZ Offsets... What are these and how can you use them?]
X, Y, and Z offsets tell the game where to attach hitboxes/gfx from the character's pivot point. They allow you to transition hitboxes/gfx to whatever points you specify. Say you want an explosion to occur from an attack, but far away from your character. You would set the hitbox to whatever bone you want. Then, you would put in a value in the X/Z offset to move the hitbox more to the right of your character.
However, due to bone/animation differences, sometimes a different offset will move in another direction. Sometimes an X offset will control left/right movement, and sometimes a Z offset will, as explained by Eldiran.

Eldiran said:
Problem is, it changes depending on the animation/bone layout of the character. Usually Z moves an object forward (positive) or backward (negative) in front of you, Y moves it up or down, and X is depth. Usually. I've had times where, because my character was leaning over or spinning or doing something weird (apparently) I had to use X or Y to move a hitbox or graphic to where I wanted it. And yes, this is even when using bone 0, which is typically constant.

So basically... you have to use trial and error.
[/collapse]

This thread should really be stickied for its usefulness.
Adding to the OP.

Can someone answer this one for me? I increased the range on a multihit move (MK's jab on subaction 4C; I got rid of all but one hitbox on each hit, and raised the size on that hitbox to 50) and I get bizarre GFX errors...

What causes that?

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
I posted in psa Q &A, but it got ignored.
so ill try here. have we figured out how to make a character reflect projectiles for a specific # of frames?

also, how do you make it so if the attack hits, it goes somewhere else. The OP of the big PSA list said requirement 0B and 1C, both of which did not work.

NNID
Budget_Player
To use a conditional if an attack hits, 0B is the correct command. However, keep in mind, if you use condition 0B, it will check if a hitbox is hitting for only that frame. So you need something like:

Set loop X (number of frames hitbox is out for)
-If 0B
--things the attack should do if the hitbox connects
-end if
Execute loop

Additionally, there's one more thing to watch out for: 0B will only check for a special offensive collision. If you want more tips on how this works, check out Captain Falcon's sideB; it uses this very nicely.

Good thing to write about; I'll add a guide on it to the OP.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
0B actually can check for normal Offensive Collisions. However, sometimes it doesn't work for no reason... at these times, try putting the If: 0B in the GFX tab. That usually makes it work (again for no reason).

NNID
Budget_Player
I got one for you guys.

How can I make a procedure run independant to everything? Say I want, for example, a certain part of the character's body to always show a graphic after a certain trigger, or I want an attack to charge over time, or I want a certain effect on a timer. How do I do this?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Make a Subroutine that says If: (Insert Trigger) and put that subroutine in every subaction. That is, unfortunately, the only way to do that currently.

And if you want a timer, specifically, then in the subroutine called in each subaction make it increment a float, and check the float against whatever value you'd like.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Er... not sure what you're talking about, but if you mean making different things run independently of one another so that having a GFX show up all the time doesn't muck up the entire thing, then you could always use Main, GFX, SFX, and Other. They're labeled like that, but you can put whatever you want in them, even if they're not GFX or SFX, and each tab executes the commands independently from one another.

EDIT: Oh, wait, that probably wasn't what you were talking about, but I think it's helpful nonetheless, because a lot of people seem to think that only GFX things can go in the GFX tab, and I would like to dispel that myth.

ChuteTheMessenger

I've got a lot more to contribute, but for now just this:
(Maybe this should go on top or something, I've seen a lot people asking this at KC:MM)

[collapse=Where can I get PSA/The updated txt files for PSA?]
Here is where PW puts the latest version of PSA. 1.3, however, will cause file corruption (inflation) if not used correctly. Please look at "As soon as I pick my char on the CSS, the wii freezes. WTF?" further down on this thread. As to where the updated txt files can be found, here [/collapse]

And some more (some of these are a bit noobish, it's up to you whether to add to the OP or not):

[collapse=There are no hitboxes in this attack subaction! Help!] Some subactions do not have hitboxes when they should, particularly the subactions of some multi hit or looping attacks.

If such a subaction has a Subroutine event, you‘ll be able to find the hitboxes. For example, Fox's AAA involves rapid kicking. Upon checking Fox’s Attack100 in PSA, there are only a few Sub Routine 0x00011FE8’s and one Sub Routine 0x00011F98 at the end.

What to do now? Whenever you see a Sub Routine, you can copy the number (not counting the 0x) into Offset bar in the Sub Routines tab (To the right of the Subactions tab) in PSA.

For example, first pop 00011FE8 (The zeroes do not matter) into the Offset bar and click Go. You’ll find out that Sub Routine 00011FE8 points out to Sub Routine 00011F98, so put 00011F98 into the Offset bar and click Go.Now you will see hitboxes.

Keep in mind that you cannot Add or Remove any event from a Subroutine from PSA. I believe that to do this would require hexing.[/collapse]

[collapse=How do I make a character's model bigger/smaller (PSA way)] If you want to make a character's model (the entire thing, not just one specific part) bigger or smaller, this way is the easiest.

Open up the character and click the Attributes tab near the top. Look at the attribute directly below "Weight". It has the Address of 0x0B4. Depending on whether you have an updated Attributes.txt or not, it might say "Model Size" or something similar there.

There should be a number there between 0.5 and 1.5. This is the character's model size. You can enter whatever number you want there. However, it is not to scale. If a character has a model size of 1 and you put 2 there, your character will be way more than twice as big (around 5x, I'd say).

So just guess and check until you get your desired size.[/collapse]

More later

ChuteTheMessenger

Bump

[collapse=How do I add an extra move to a character, like a 3rd hit to a character that only has 2 hits in their jab?]First open up the character's motionetc with Brawlbox. Add a New Animation. Replace that animation with whatever you'd like, and then name it whatever you'd like, for example, "Attack13". You may want to move that animation next to similar animations, for organizational purposes (i.e moving "Attack13" so that it's below "Attack12")

Afterwards, open up the character's .pac in PSA. This is the trickiest part. What you want to do now is to look at another character's pac who has the move that you're trying to add. Let's use Samus as an example. If you want to give Samus a third hit to her 2 hit Jab, you should look at Ike's pac in PSA. Note the order or subactions. Ike's AAA is ordered "Attack11", "Attack12", "Attack13". So you can infer that this will work for Samus.

Go into Samus' pac. After her "Attack12" subaction there is a NONE subaction. So rename this to "Attack13" Fill it with events. You will need to Set RA-Bit[16] and perhaps RA-Bits 17 and 22 for the 2nd jab to lead to the third.

This works with other moves as well. For example, you can give a character who has just a normal FSmash up and down versions of the FSmash. Just study the subactions of characters who have the additional move(s) you want to give another character and mimic them.[/collapse]

NNID
Budget_Player
Bump

[collapse=How do I add an extra move to a character, like a 3rd hit to a character that only has 2 hits in their jab?]First open up the character's motionetc with Brawlbox. Add a New Animation. Replace that animation with whatever you'd like, and then name it whatever you'd like, for example, "Attack13". You may want to move that animation next to similar animations, for organizational purposes (i.e moving "Attack13" so that it's below "Attack12")

Afterwards, open up the character's .pac in PSA. This is the trickiest part. What you want to do now is to look at another character's pac who has the move that you're trying to add. Let's use Samus as an example. If you want to give Samus a third hit to her 2 hit Jab, you should look at Ike's pac in PSA. Note the order or subactions. Ike's AAA is ordered "Attack11", "Attack12", "Attack13". So you can infer that this will work for Samus.

Go into Samus' pac. After her "Attack12" subaction there is a NONE subaction. So rename this to "Attack13" Fill it with events. You will need to Set RA-Bit[16] and perhaps RA-Bits 17 and 22 for the 2nd jab to lead to the third.

This works with other moves as well. For example, you can give a character who has just a normal FSmash up and down versions of the FSmash. Just study the subactions of characters who have the additional move(s) you want to give another character and mimic them.[/collapse]
I've got a lot more to contribute, but for now just this:
(Maybe this should go on top or something, I've seen a lot people asking this at KC:MM)

[collapse=Where can I get PSA/The updated txt files for PSA?]
Here is where PW puts the latest version of PSA. 1.3, however, will cause file corruption (inflation) if not used correctly. Please look at "As soon as I pick my char on the CSS, the wii freezes. WTF?" further down on this thread. As to where the updated txt files can be found, here [/collapse]

And some more (some of these are a bit noobish, it's up to you whether to add to the OP or not):

[collapse=There are no hitboxes in this attack subaction! Help!] Some subactions do not have hitboxes when they should, particularly the subactions of some multi hit or looping attacks.

If such a subaction has a Subroutine event, you‘ll be able to find the hitboxes. For example, Fox's AAA involves rapid kicking. Upon checking Fox’s Attack100 in PSA, there are only a few Sub Routine 0x00011FE8’s and one Sub Routine 0x00011F98 at the end.

What to do now? Whenever you see a Sub Routine, you can copy the number (not counting the 0x) into Offset bar in the Sub Routines tab (To the right of the Subactions tab) in PSA.

For example, first pop 00011FE8 (The zeroes do not matter) into the Offset bar and click Go. You’ll find out that Sub Routine 00011FE8 points out to Sub Routine 00011F98, so put 00011F98 into the Offset bar and click Go.Now you will see hitboxes.

Keep in mind that you cannot Add or Remove any event from a Subroutine from PSA. I believe that to do this would require hexing.[/collapse]

[collapse=How do I make a character's model bigger/smaller (PSA way)] If you want to make a character's model (the entire thing, not just one specific part) bigger or smaller, this way is the easiest.

Open up the character and click the Attributes tab near the top. Look at the attribute directly below "Weight". It has the Address of 0x0B4. Depending on whether you have an updated Attributes.txt or not, it might say "Model Size" or something similar there.

There should be a number there between 0.5 and 1.5. This is the character's model size. You can enter whatever number you want there. However, it is not to scale. If a character has a model size of 1 and you put 2 there, your character will be way more than twice as big (around 5x, I'd say).

So just guess and check until you get your desired size.[/collapse]

More later
Adding to OP.

SaxMeister13

Smash Rookie
Bump

Sorry for the bump, but I just tried following these directions and they don't seem to work. The best way I've found so far is to just change subaction if the button is pressed.

ChuteTheMessenger

Sorry for the bump, but I just tried following these directions and they don't seem to work. The best way I've found so far is to just change subaction if the button is pressed.
That was a very general tut. For the move you're replacing, you have to mimic the subactions of other working moves. Like, for example, if you try and just add an Attack13, of course it won't work. You'll need to add whatever variables that will make it work. A good way to do this is to look at another character (like Ike, who has an AAA) and look at the subactions that make it work. Then, you try to put the same subactions in the character you are trying to give the move.

I have however added up and down versions of FSmash to Ness before, who only has a normal FSmash. This I can guarantee works, it doesnt need any variables or special tweaking.

And to BPC, maybe you shouldn't just quote them, because the OP looks kinda cluttered, I would suggest just putting all the collapse boxes in the OP.

SaxMeister13

Smash Rookie
That was a very general tut. For the move you're replacing, you have to mimic the subactions of other working moves. Like, for example, if you try and just add an Attack13, of course it won't work. You'll need to add whatever variables that will make it work. A good way to do this is to look at another character (like Ike, who has an AAA) and look at the subactions that make it work. Then, you try to put the same subactions in the character you are trying to give the move.

I have however added up and down versions of FSmash to Ness before, who only has a normal FSmash. This I can guarantee works, it doesnt need any variables or special tweaking.

And to BPC, maybe you shouldn't just quote them, because the OP looks kinda cluttered, I would suggest just putting all the collapse boxes in the OP.
I was looking at Ike's code and duplicated it in Marth's to try to add a third A attack. Ike sets RA-Bit[16] and RA-Bit[22], and I set them both without success. I also experimented with 17 and that didn't seem to change anything.

What worked for me was adding in my own "hack" - a simple loop that checks if the attack button is pressed and changes the subaction to 4A (the new 3rd attack). My hypothesis is that this is hard-coded as a character-specific thing, or else that it's somewhere in the abyss of attributes we don't know about. I would guess that the smash attacks are handled differently than the jab combo.

I'm not tyring to be rude; just reporting my findings. :)

ChuteTheMessenger

No offense taken. In fact, for the good of the Smash community, I highly suggest you report your findings. I'm not always right, nor do I presume to be :)

Edited to reflect Saxmeister's posts

This works with other moves as well. For example, you can give a character who has just a normal FSmash up and down versions of the FSmash. Just study the subactions of characters who have the additional move(s) you want to give another character and mimic them.

However, some attacks seem to be hard-coded, and cannot be replicated with the method above.
I was looking at Ike's code and duplicated it in Marth's to try to add a third A attack. Ike sets RA-Bit[16] and RA-Bit[22], and I set them both without success. I also experimented with 17 and that didn't seem to change anything.

What worked for me was adding in my own "hack" - a simple loop that checks if the attack button is pressed and changes the subaction to 4A (the new 3rd attack). My hypothesis is that this is hard-coded as a character-specific thing, or else that it's somewhere in the abyss of attributes we don't know about. I would guess that the smash attacks are handled differently than the jab combo.
[/collapse]

Kave

Smash Rookie
Brawlboxing up a projectile?

I don't know how useful this is, making a projectile by deleting hitboxes and inching them forwards is not only inconvienient, but also looks really weird when someone shields through it.

Instead, I recommend making a custom animation, and in that animation, just animating the ThrowN bone. It's invisible and doesn't stretch your body, and you can utilize keyframes instead of typing in every x-offset for every frame. In PSA, just attach your hitboxes and GFX to the ThrowN bone and you're set! A projectile that moves and only hits once, with minimal work!

Let's say that you wanted to shoot out a fireball that moves forward in a straight line forwards, specifically, 50 scalars forwards and it moves forward for 30 frames.

Open the animation that you want to change in Brawlbox using the Model Previewer. On the left side, under "Bones," go to the last bone, which should be ThrowN.

On Frame 1, change the translations to x=0, y=5, z=0. Get rid of all keyframes for the ThrowN bone, and go to Frame 30, and change the translations to x=0, y=5, z=50. You can use these numbers to change where it goes, and you can even use multiple keyframes to make your projectile move in a non-linear path!

Go into PSA and just create an offensive collision that is attached to the ThrowN bone and lasts 30 frames.

For the GFX, you will most likely need to do this, to make sure it travels and appears for all 30 frames:

Set Loop 30 Times:
Graphic Effect
Synchronous Timer: Frames=1
Execute Loop

I hope that clears things up!

Also, on a side note, I noticed that my name is quoted as "GrandmaJoe" on the OP.
I tried to do that using Ganon's Warlock Punch effect and my Wii froze. Any solutions? :ohwell:

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Kave, your GFX look good from here... I'm not sure if the problem lies with that. What does you Main tab look like?

I've noticed a lot of people want to know how to make a chargeable attack. This is how I do it:

I'm going to go ahead and assume you mean a charge type just like Lucario's, where you need to stay in one place charging it, pressing left or right makes you roll away, shielding ends the charge, and getting hit while you are in charge makes you have to start all over, and you can charge in the air.

Let's build one from the ground up and see what each part does.

Set Loop: Infinite
If: Bit Variable Not Set: LA-Bit[100]
Bit Variable Set: LA-Bit[100]
If: Compare: LA-Basic[100] < 90
Basic Variable Add: LA-Basic[100] + 1
Else
Basic Variable Set: LA-Basic[100] = 90
Add something in here to indicate that the charge is full!
End If
If: Compare: IC-Basic[1011] >= IC-Basic[3149]
Additional Req: Compare: IC-Basic[21001] < IC-Basic[23038]
Bit Variable Clear: LA-Bit[100]
Change Action: 020
End If
If: Compare: IC-Basic[1012] >= IC-Basic[3149]
Change Action: 01F
End If
If: Button Pressed: 3
Change Action: 01B
End If
If Button Pressed: 1
Basic Variable Set: LA-Basic[100] = 0
If: Compare: LA-Basic[100] > 90
Change Subaction: strong firing subaction
Else
Change Subaction: weak firing subaction
End If
Synchronous Timer: Frames = 1
External Graphic Effect: whatever you want to indicate that it's charging
Execute Loop

That looks kinda intimidating, so let's look at the beginning and work our way down.

Set Loop: Infinite

This part should be self-explanatory; it's the loop that everything will take place inside of and will repeat every frame.

If: Bit Variable Not Set: LA-Bit[100]
Bit Variable Set: LA-Bit[100]
If: Compare: LA-Basic[100] < frames that the charge needs to be complete
Basic Variable Add: LA-Basic[100] + 1
Else
Basic Variable Set: LA-Basic[100] = 90
Add something in here to indicate that the charge is full!
End If

The first If statement sets a bit variable, which will let the game know that you are charging the attack. This variable will come into play later. The second part asks whether or not the charge is complete, and if it isn't, then add to a basic variable that stores how many frames the charge has taken, and if it already is complete, then there's no use in adding anymore. Also, if it's complete, you'll want to use a flash effect or a graphic to let the player know that it's complete.

If: Compare: IC-Basic[1011] >= IC-Basic[3149]
Change Action: 020
End If
If: Compare: IC-Basic[1012] >= IC-Basic[3149]
Change Action: 01F
End If
If: Button Pressed: 3
Change Action: 01B
End If

This part detects whether you are holding left, right, or shielding. The first If statement detects holding back, and makes you go into the rolling backwards Action. The second is the same, but for forwards, and the third one detects if you are pressing the shield button and makes you go into a shielding subaction. In each case, you are clearing the bit variable because you are no longer charging. Don't think this is what I meant when I said that it would come into play later that that later is now, because it'll come into play even later.

If Button Pressed: 1
If: Compare: LA-Basic[100] > 90
Change Subaction: strong firing subaction
Else
Change Subaction: weak firing subaction
End If

This part determines what happens when you press the B button; if it's fully charged, then fire the projectile, but if not, then fire a weak projectile. For what to do in those subactions, follow a different guide, this is just about the charging. Firing the blast, whether it be weak or strong, will reset both the basic and the bit variables, because you are no longer charging and you have used up your charge.

Synchronous Timer: Frames = 1
External Graphic Effect: whatever you want to indicate that it's charging
Execute Loop

This is merely the end of the loop; the part that makes the game wait another frame before adding another charge, and a graphic to show that you are charging.

To make it so getting hit during the charge resets your charge, just go to every Damage subaction (#98-A9), add this in to all of them (this is where the bit variable becomes important):

If: Bit is Set: LA-Bit[100]
End If

If this guide is not clear enough or has a glaring fault somewhere (and I'm almost certain it does), please point it out! And I hope this helps everyone make PSA's! I am well aware that this is quite a stupid method of doing it, that is, completely made up of brute force; if someone could find a better way to do it, then please share it!

ChuteTheMessenger

Thank you much, JoeGrandma. I think I will quote that whenever someone asks how to make a charged attack

Kave

Smash Rookie
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4841/akumabug.png

This is what i put on the Main, the GFX, the SFX and the "Other"

I made it based on the warlock punch, and i dont renember having changed the "other" section, so maybe thats what is buging the attack

Edit: I tried removing the "other" section and it still dint work, although if i remove the special effect that is attached on the throwN bone, the bone does damage like it's suposed to do.

Any sugestions?

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
We got any experts on sword glow event here?
the sword glow trail on the character I'm working on comes out white.
Probably some loading error.
But my main concern is that the graphic file is not lining up with the rest of it!!

Here is a picture of what I mean:

Notice how the pink trail does not line up.

Helps?

brawlrrrr

Smash Rookie
Eldiran, what do you mean by "create the graphic effect as an external graphic effect"?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@brawlrrr: there is a command called External Graphic Effect -- you have to use that command, specifically.

@Rikami: the white trail is showing up because you are referencing a nonexistent sword graphic. Only specific characters can use sword trails.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
the white trail is showing up because you are referencing a nonexistent sword graphic. Only specific characters can use sword trails.
It so sad:(:( . If only module files could be interchangeable. I saw something in Link's module file that was like "uniqueSpecialRslash"(something along those lines) But I don't know how to find the piece of data its connected to as I don't know assembly.

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
I wanna give samus's z-air to Ike. I believe the bone at the tip of her tentacle thing is named 2F, but for Ike 2F is one of his fingers.

The general thing people seem to suggest is opening Ike's motion pac in brawlbox and samus's pac in PSA and somehow just copy it from her and give it to him but I don't know that that would work because of the bone situation.

Is there a simpler way to take one character's move and give it to another when they have totally different bones? (doubt it, just wishful thinking)

I used the search feature, I promise =]

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
gotcha. Thanks =)

How about giving him another character's throws? I tried to get Marth's Fthrow by using PSA and brawlbox and copying it from fitmarthmotionetc.pac and fitmarth.pac to the respective pacs for Ike but it just froze the character select screen

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
1: Can anyone upload a more recent file for the events and preremiters in actual .txt format? Or do I just copy/paste the stuff from the new ones into the exsisting ones after deleating the old stuff?

2: Since the texture I'm using with my current psa project makes her dress completely gone.(It's on peach btw) I want to use peaches dress bones for actual hitboxes. What I'm doing is rotating and translating the proper bones to say, follow how her arm goes in the animation. But when I go to do the attack in-game the hitboxes are back where her dress bones usually are. Do I need to use a special offensive collision for this or what?

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
I'm one of the people working in project Klonoa (Which is a model import.) but whenever I try to attach one of the hitboxes to a different bone by changing the bone index it's attached to in PSA, it freezes. Like when I use the move I changed. Anybody know what I did wrong?

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
External Subroutines!

Zamus' Side-B calls the external subroutine statusAnimCmd_AirLasso, defined in fighter.pac, which allows it to tether. But PSA doesn't actually let me add an EXTERNAL subroutine manually; it seems it already has to be there. If you copy/paste it it shows up as a normal subroutine I think. This is a problem because the Zamus pac I'm working on doesn't have the external subroutine call (I tried a normal subroutine instead), but her Side-B is identical in every other way, and sadly it doesn't tether :c

Here's how Zamus' default Side-B w/ external subroutine looks:

If I just click 'Done,' it changes to a normal Subroutine with apparently the exact same attributes, but the tether won't work in-game:

So, yeah... how to change it from pic #2 back to pic #1?

Edit: Comparing the 2 in a hex editor now. It's probably possible to figure it out this way, but I've got no experience hex editing so it might be beyond me :c

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I have experienced that exact problem, Mugwhump, and to my knowledge the only solution (with the tools I know of) is to start over from an unedited version of the file, and be sure to never touch the subroutine.

Top Bottom