• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Projectile Teir List Debate Thread

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
falco
sheik
fox

the rest are bad/sub-par.

pretty much the top list is ok, but YL's arrows are better than that.

Also, I think the turnips aren't listed, and are at least better than samus's bombs.
They're tied for 4th.
Where do you think the arrows should go and why?
also
Ylinks bombs are a lot better than Samus's missles. ylink can combo off of them, and his bobms cant be jabbed thru

Aves

Smash Apprentice
Kirby's final cutter should be last. D:
And Samus's Smash Missles and Homing Missles should be counted seperately.

I think her charge shot should be higher!

And Peach's turnips shouldn't be tied with YL's bombs or Doc's pills.
Turnips are hella good.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Actually pretty legitimate. Based on the how well can a character utilize clause, Id still agree that boomerang and bombs would be above shadowball.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Pk flash is so much better than din's fire because you can use it for edgeguarding and against sleeping jigglypuffs when pkt2 doesn't kill...

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Kirby's final cutter should be last. D:
And Samus's Smash Missles and Homing Missles should be counted seperately.

I think her charge shot should be higher!

And Peach's turnips shouldn't be tied with YL's bombs or Doc's pills.
Turnips are hella good.
turnips can get hit thru. bombs cant unless they are hit by a sweet spotted move or disjointed tipper by marth. also ylink can combo off any bomb he throws.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Yoshi's eggs should be higher, you can ledge cancel them and spam, you have decent options and they can be used fairly strategically, with lots of angles/ranges and can go behind yoshi too. Fumi demonstrates alot of what he can do with them including edgeguarding stuff.

Ness' PK thunder and PK Fire need to swap spots, PK thunder leaves ness incredibly vulnerable to attack, it is a poor projectile and unspammable. PKT2 is not a projectile attack because it uses ness's body and its slow and easy to predict. PKT It has very few options aside a rare gimping oportunity. Pk fire can be done retreating and is at least usable provided proper mixup and spacing. If it hits it forces DI and can leave the opponent open to attack so there are options if it hits. I'd say using it as a projectile means using it as an attack so we have to leave out ness' ability to use PKT2 as a recovery tool as well. Yes it has use as a terrible recovery but that doesnt factor into the projectile worth so.

Samus' charge shot should be higher. When it is charged, opponents are wary of it and thus change the way they go about attacking samus. It reduces options in general while providing a kill opportunity off combo and or ledge guarding. I'd say it definitely deserves a higher spot.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ness' pkt can be used to juggle samus and damage at higher percents FOREVER. Pk fire is useful for some edgeguards, platform cancels, and ****** nana when the popo lacks intelligence.

even if the opponent gets hit by the pillar of pk fire, it's just too easy to get out. They have to many options and it doesn't do a significant amount of damage for how slow it is. Bat is usually a better option and around the same speed and does much more damage and knockback.

pkt > pkfire

Situationally doing tons of damage in two matchups is much better than being useless against anybody competent.

Pk fire should be above bacon and then pk thunder should be above pk fire. How pk thunder is so high in the current list confuses me.

17. Yoshi’s eggs-does great damage and stop power. puts him in a lot of danger. Even with ECE
18. Luigi's fireballs
19. Link's arrows

These projectiles are all much safer than ness' pkt.

Top Bottom