• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
yeah, in his usual bell-ringing pose.
Sorry. I can't accept multiple pieces of artwork for one character by the same person. You can, however, do another piece of art and have me replace your old one.

If you need a signature, this is the online alias I use the most:

The_Demon_of_the_Cosmos
You will be added as at least a non-signing supporter. A signature is referring to a literal signature that would be given to me via scan or paint or something. I've put you down as "Altais" already in the non-signer list, but I can change it to The_Demon_of_the_Cosmos if you'd like.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
I'll push Sonic to the back of the line for you.
Okay, I have a proof of concept kind of thing here:

Would this work (when I finish it of course), or would I have to do the full body thing? It's not like I don't want to do that, but Colors 3D is the only fast drawing program I have, and the space to draw is limited. I have Art Academy, but the last drawing I did with that took 25 hours.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Okay, I have a proof of concept kind of thing here:

Would this work (when I finish it of course), or would I have to do the full body thing? It's not like I don't want to do that, but Colors 3D is the only fast drawing program I have, and the space to draw is limited. I have Art Academy, but the last drawing I did with that took 25 hours.
Trust me; you have time to do Art Academy if you want.

One of the reasons I haven't started the voting part of the contest is because it will be long and will require my utmost attention, and I'm currently dying sick right now.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Trust me; you have time to do Art Academy if you want.

One of the reasons I haven't started the voting part of the contest is because it will be long and will require my utmost attention, and I'm currently dying sick right now.
I see. Well, I'll keep sketching Sonic until I find something that would work perfectly.

Also the struckthrough dying part made me burst into laughter.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I see. Well, I'll keep sketching Sonic until I find something that would work perfectly.

Also the struckthrough dying part made me burst into laughter.
Just post it here or PM it to me when you're done.

(And I'm glad to be of service! If you can't get others to laugh at your misery, it's good for nothing!)

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Sorry. I can't accept multiple pieces of artwork for one character by the same person. You can, however, do another piece of art and have me replace your old one.
I'll have the new one replace the current if it turns out good enough (and if I actually get to doing it). When does character voting start?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'll have the new one replace the current if it turns out good enough (and if I actually get to doing it). When does character voting start?
When I'm not coughing my lungs out.

Probably will still be at least a week before we start voting. Keep in mind that we'll vote on one character at a time, so you'll have plenty of time.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290

I'll have to erase the background, but eh, here's a drawing. I might end up drawing someone else though, Blitz's Sonic is just too good.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
@ Pacack Pacack Here's the second shot I did of my signature. This time it has a non-conflicting color surface, uses flash, and is more center-focused for ease of image manipulation. The writing could use some emboldening with Photoshop or something. When you put it in the final letter, please trim the image so it focuses only on the signature and if you have to, blend the paper edges with a white similar to the non-conflicting surface.

Please tell me if you need another take.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
@ Pacack Pacack Here's the second shot I did of my signature. This time it has a non-conflicting color surface, uses flash, and is more center-focused for ease of image manipulation. The writing could use some emboldening with Photoshop or something. When you put it in the final letter, please trim the image so it focuses only on the signature and if you have to, blend the paper edges with a white similar to the non-conflicting surface.

Please tell me if you need another take.
It's better, but would it be possible to get it a bit more focused? Push come to shove, I can trace over it, but it'd be easier (and more accurate) if I didn't have to.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
In light of E3, this topic will be on hold. We will vote for characters' artwork after we've finished another polling time. This time, the poll will be for any revealed E3 newcomers we would like to see on the card.

D

Deleted member

In light of E3, this topic will be on hold. We will vote for characters' artwork after we've finished another polling time. This time, the poll will be for any revealed E3 newcomers we would like to see on the card.
You should include Greninja on that poll as well.
Let's not jump the gun and say that we'll see more than 1 newcomer! I hope for more, but 1 newcomer could happen.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You should include Greninja on that poll as well.
Let's not jump the gun and say that we'll see more than 1 newcomer! I hope for more, but 1 newcomer could happen.
I was already planning on it. The only reason I didn't have a separate poll for him was because a poll for a single character would've been pointless.

I'm fully expecting at least two characters. If Pac-Man's in (which I think he is), he has to be revealed at E3. There's no other time. And I just don't see them only showing off a single third party character for the Smash event.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Does the signature HAVE to be done on paper, or can it be done on tablet or such as well? I don't have access to a scanner, so if I'd put my signature on paper you'd just get a photo of that instead. Would either of those work? And would it be okay to scribble a little thank you under the signature, too?

Also my compliments on this idea in the first place. It's such a neat idea, I just hope that it DOES reach Sakurai himself. When was it planned to have this 'delivered' to him anyway?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Does the signature HAVE to be done on paper, or can it be done on tablet or such as well? I don't have access to a scanner, so if I'd put my signature on paper you'd just get a photo of that instead. Would either of those work? And would it be okay to scribble a little thank you under the signature, too?
Digital would be fantastic! However, I can't let you do a little thank you. I know it doesn't seem like much, but it is when there are so many names we have to fit on the card.

Also my compliments on this idea in the first place. It's such a neat idea, I just hope that it DOES reach Sakurai himself. When was it planned to have this 'delivered' to him anyway?
Once the card is complete, which may be awhile. We'll aim for well before development has ended, and may choose a significant date that Sakurai's likely to check his twitter on.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Digital would be fantastic! However, I can't let you do a little thank you. I know it doesn't seem like much, but it is when there are so many names we have to fit on the card.

Once the card is complete, which may be awhile. We'll aim for well before development has ended, and may choose a significant date that Sakurai's likely to check his twitter on.
Or just spam it.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher

Okay, cool! Yeah I didn't think that through properly. But hey, I was tired when I posted that~ Can I send it to you through e-mail or something? I'd rather not post it openly on a forum.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Okay, cool! Yeah I didn't think that through properly. But hey, I was tired when I posted that~ Can I send it to you through e-mail or something? I'd rather not post it openly on a forum.
Would you be willing to send it to me in a private conversation?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Question: We intentionally left out cut characters from the series, right?
Please note that characters have been limited to those that are from games of Sakurai's or those that are Smash veterans that have not previously been cut.
What happens if one of the characters who were already voted in and have art are discovered to have been cut from SSB4?

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Question: We intentionally left out cut characters from the series, right?

What happens if one of the characters who were already voted in and have art are discovered to have been cut from SSB4?
If that does happen (which I doubt, thankfully), then they will be removed from the card, yes.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Roughly how much time is left to submit artwork/a signature, if any time at all?

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I would wait on character art at this point, since we're beginning voting after E3.

However, signatures are always welcome.
Alright, I'll try to scan my signature as soon as possible.
Once voting is over, is that it for opportunities to submit art?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Alright, I'll try to scan my signature as soon as possible.
Once voting is over, is that it for opportunities to submit art?
Yes. Any characters that didn't have acceptable artwork or any newcomers that we vote onto the card will need artwork submitted.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
MISTER GAME & WATCH FOR E3 2014! If not, at least a release date or something.

Top Bottom