• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
@ Pacack Pacack , would you be able to add my pic on the previous page? Just noticed it wasn't listed yet and wasn't sure whether you saw it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
@ Pacack Pacack , would you be able to add my pic on the previous page? Just noticed it wasn't listed yet and wasn't sure whether you saw it.
My apologies. The notifications didn't work.

Here's my entry :)
Adding.

Add me to the non-signers please! <3
Done.

So do we just post the art here?
Yes.

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

Can I change my previous Snake entry to this?
Done.

And @ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming , got a signature for me?

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
^ Thank you Pacack!^^ Didn't want to seem pushy, but I'm known for not speaking up and things like this happening as a result of that :s

Someone really needs to get onto Dark Pit :laugh:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
^ Thank you Pacack!^^ Didn't want to seem pushy, but I'm known for not speaking up and things like this happening as a result of that :s

Someone really needs to get onto Dark Pit :laugh:
You don't seem pushy at all. I appreciate it when this stuff is pointed out to me.

Got it!

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I MED EN AHESAME DAHK PAHT TAT TAK MEH TOW SAHCONDZ HOERZ TAH MAK:

SERIOUSLY THOUGH JUST IN CASE DO NOT ADD THIS THING! I WAS MESSING AROUND TOWN AND STUFF JUST INCASE YOU ARE VERY LITERAL.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752

SERIOUSLY THOUGH JUST IN CASE DO NOT ADD THIS THING! I WAS MESSING AROUND TOWN AND STUFF JUST INCASE YOU ARE VERY LITERAL.
It's better than what I could ever do.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787

Check out this not-a-filter sketch of Dark Beet I did guys

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Here's a picture of Captain Falcon. I shall color it if it wins (unless somebody else wants to), because I am busy with school and such.

Only the thumbnail however, because it is so big normally.

Captain Falcon.png

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

My entry for Pikachu. Also, could I be put on the list of artists?
Will do!

Here's a picture of Captain Falcon. I shall color it if it wins (unless somebody else wants to), because I am busy with school and such.

Only the thumbnail however, because it is so big normally.

View attachment 14038
I'll add it to the gallery, but you're up against some heavy competition.

View attachment 14040
Here's my drawing of Kirby.
I'll add it. If you want to refine it more, I'll update your image for you.

So many submissions.

Yet no Dark Pit.
I'm actually fine with this. More competition is always good.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have some questions; I would be interested in participating in the art contest, I have read the Original Post, but I am not sure when the deadline for submissions is. I mean, it was ambiguous, "when at least one artwork for each character is submitted," but then is it really a competition? I mean, would you not need at least two for every character for a vote? I could just be misinterpreting something. So basically, when are you not allowing any more submissions and what characters are still necessary?

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I have some questions; I would be interested in participating in the art contest, I have read the Original Post, but I am not sure when the deadline for submissions is. I mean, it was ambiguous, "when at least one artwork for each character is submitted," but then is it really a competition? I mean, would you not need at least two for every character for a vote? I could just be misinterpreting something. So basically, when are you not allowing any more submissions and what characters are still necessary?
(Hey Morbid!)

I will stop taking artwork for a character only when a piece of artwork is accepted for that character. If you need me to, I can even push a character back on the schedule so that you have time to finish. I'm pretty laid back about this.

The voting will allow people to vote for none of the submitted pieces of art if none are good enough. If the "none" option wins out over all submitted character art, then that character is added to a second round of art submission. This will go on until we have good art for every character.

The only character that has no artwork at all right now is Dark Pit.

Morbi

Scavenger
(Hey Morbid!)

I will stop taking artwork for a character only when a piece of artwork is accepted for that character. If you need me to, I can even push a character back on the schedule so that you have time to finish. I'm pretty laid back about this.

The voting will allow people to vote for none of the submitted pieces of art if none are good enough. If the "none" option wins out over all submitted character art, then that character is added to a second round of art submission. This will go on until we have good art for every character.

The only character that has no artwork at all right now is Dark Pit.
Thank you so much; it means a lot to me. I just felt inspired as of current and figured that it would be fun to submit some art. One more question, I was reading and I figure that I understand, but just to be sure: You guys voted for certain characters on the list, so are you only accepting artwork of those certain characters? For instance, I saw several Brawl veterans missing such as Diddy Kong, Wolf/Falco, Ganondorf, Pokemon Trainer (Charizard), Lucario, Sheik, Toon Link, Lucas and Ike. So are those characters not going to be a part of the card?

I mean, honestly, I would prefer to draw some of the most notable characters from Smash Brothers over Sandbag or Gooey. If you know what I mean, it just seems weird.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Thank you so much; it means a lot to me. I just felt inspired as of current and figured that it would be fun to submit some art. One more question, I was reading and I figure that I understand, but just to be sure: You guys voted for certain characters on the list, so are you only accepting artwork of those certain characters? For instance, I saw several Brawl veterans missing such as Diddy Kong, Wolf/Falco, Ganondorf, Pokemon Trainer (Charizard), Lucario, Sheik, Toon Link, Lucas and Ike. So are those characters not going to be a part of the card?

I mean, honestly, I would prefer to draw some of the most notable characters from Smash Brothers over Sandbag or Gooey. If you know what I mean, it just seems weird.
We voted for only those characters because it would've been too difficult to do every character. Only those characters will be on the card.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Unfortunately, he is not on the list of characters that we're accepting artwork for. I would enjoy seeing some artwork of a character on the list from you, though. You seem to be a talented artist.
I thought it was a she. Anyways, did anyone see the new Villagers? I think I'm going to have nightmares now. :crazy:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I thought it was a she. Anyways, did anyone see the new Villagers? I think I'm going to have nightmares now. :crazy:
No way to tell. Greninja doesn't have any gender differences.

You know what? I'd love to see a submission of a male and female Villager together. That would be awesome.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
No way to tell. Greninja doesn't have any gender differences.

You know what? I'd love to see a submission of a male and female Villager together. That would be awesome.
(oh derp, I was thinking something else)

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
WOOP WOOP LIETS IS BACK!!! (translation: you can add me back to the signers and artists. I haven't drawn anything besides my original Kirby hats drawing :/ but I can try to draw anybody we need. I should have that and my signature up by weekend's end)

and also, shouldn't Greninja be added to the list since (s)he came about after the original list was finalized?

Top Bottom