• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project SA and controlling DI?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Would it be possible to control the capacity of DI for moves?

ie making moves more/less DIable for any purpose we might need it for.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
well, name some moves that u can barely DI and some u can heavily DI, then start researching. is this even like a thing in smash? lol amount of diability?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
<GHNeko> I brought it up a while back
<GHNeko> having control over the potency of DI
<GHNeko> ad make some more less DIable
<GHNeko> and others more so
<GHNeko> you get what I mean?
<GHNeko> Magus
<Magus> move specific DI?
<Magus> i could see that being overly difficult to try and make
<Magus> theres something that affectes potency of SDI already in the game though
<Magus> something like bringing ground DI vs aerial DI closer together might be worth doing, since there's a huge difference between the 2

Also, I can't do any ****ing research or testing or anything. I cant even mess with SA as I'm not even using XP. Im using ubutnu atm.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I know multihit FSes seem to have SDI disabled. DI power always seems constant though.

Revven

FrankerZ
I've always felt that DIability deals with the angle of the move that the person gets sent at. But, perhaps I'm wrong and in PZ it is another variable?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I dont know, it just seems to me some moves are too easy to DI (D3 Dair/Uair) and other moves you cant DI or if you do it doesnt matter anyways (Shiek Fair)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Magus, why are you so awesome? If you dont get credit at the end of Brawl+, I'm breaking heads.

Off the top of anyone's head, is there anything that might need an increase or decrease in SDI?

Maybe certain spikes? Or MK's tornado? Marth's dancing blade to make it more escapable?

Or increase the SDI ability on certain multijabs like Shiek's/Falco's. Reduce SDI potential on Ike's jab?

Thing's like those come to mind :V

shanus

Smash Hero
Multihit jabs and moves which have zero capability of SDI i think need fixing. I personally would like to see SDI have greater utility.

Revven

FrankerZ
Some other multi-hit moves don't have a lot of SDI capability (you CAN SDI them but only so much) an example of one move would be Fox's Dair. You can SDI it, but, only so much.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Very few moves really have zero SDI capability.

Falco's multi-jab has 100% SDI. You can get behind him in a second if you mash right. You can't seem to increase SDI on that move without it bugging out.

95% of moves Magus and I have seen have X rotation at 60000, including Falco rapid jab.

Top Bottom