• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Pichu: v2.5 Released!!! - Perfect Physics update! Hiatus not over, though...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Ike's uncharged fsmash kills jiggly at 50 from KK slider regardless of DI.
Marth's uncharged tipper fsmash kills jiggly at 75% from KK slider regardless of DI.
Pichu's usmash > Ike's fsmash

Pichu is supposed to have trouble killing.

Fail lol.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Look again, reloaded file with fixed Thunder.
And you're welcome... I guess. >_>
Also, upload the new MotionEtc please?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
xD

So what additional moves should have the discharge?

And I'm gonna add something to the idle. For every 25%, the WINDBAWKS (that doesn't actually hit but just pulls loose stuff) gets stronger and stronger, pulling TL's cap, people's clothes, etc toward Pichu. Static cling babeh.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
xD

So what additional moves should have the discharge?

And I'm gonna add something to the idle. For every 25%, the WINDBAWKS (that doesn't actually hit but just pulls loose stuff) gets stronger and stronger, pulling TL's cap, people's clothes, etc toward Pichu. Static cling babeh.
Bair, ftilt, fthrow/dthrow.

and k.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
dair definitely doesn't. I could see fsmash (but it'd be smaller), sideB, bair (but idk if I should make that electric..), ftilt, and the other two throws.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
uair doesn't need it, does it?

And you can have the animation... When I finish it. :p
The movement is like super small, you can barely tell that she's in pain lol.

You should get AIM like srs

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Skype works fine.
I guess uair doesn't, but I think nair definitely does.

The movement is small? What do you mean by that? Couldn't you just exaggerate the movements when you were making it in the first place?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It's designed around talking, yet I lack a microphone.

:V

lolfail

That and I know hardly anyone who uses it

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'll stop complaining about self damage. An increased discharge effect + on more moves sounds like good enough compensation for self damage.

With that new idle animation Pichu will look so much more bad@$$ than Pikachu.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
I really disagree with adding discharge to any more moves. I like being able to combo with the non-electric moves, and taking that away, coupled with the removal of the option to use moves that don't self harm, is certainly not beneficial. Fsmash would be great and SideB might be alright- it's already fairly strong. Throws wouldn't be a problem, I guess. 13% self harm on backthrow is still way too much.

I've been playing only Pichu for 4 days now(Pichu is really fun!) and she feels balanced, to me.
I really don't think much needs to be changed, aside from cosmetic additions/altercations.

You can't really tell by the pic but Pichu totters, panting, with the electric effect looping around her
This is awesome.
So is this.

One thing I've noticed that may not have been intended: Usmash has a hit box that causes spiking- I don't know where the spot is, exactly, but I hit it nearly 40% of the times I use the move and it completely ruins the kill by slamming my opponent into the ground. It doesn't bounce them into the air, like a normal spike, but I've tried edgeguarding with it, and it certainly is spiking them.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
It's when the head is the most forward.. What, you don't like? D:
Now that I know where it is, it makes sense.
I may not dislike it if I get used to it, but it's certainly been annoying so far, as it has robbed me of quite a few kills.
While it makes sense if you think about it, it's rather confusing, in game.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Why are people bothering to remake melee characters? I couldn't care less about young link and pichu. They're effectively clones. I would however be much more interested in Megaman or Amaterasu or Revolver Ocelot.

Good coders are wasting their energy on remaking these old disposed characters rather than coming up with something creative. Zero, Geno and Wisp are all great examples of PSA characters done right, and I'd much prefer new innovative characters to pichu >.<

superyoshi888

Smash Lord

Did you even bother to read the thread? Well...nevermind. Just use her in game and you'll see all of the changes made.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Why are people bothering to remake melee characters? I couldn't care less about young link and pichu. They're effectively clones. I would however be much more interested in Megaman or Amaterasu or Revolver Ocelot.

Good coders are wasting their energy on remaking these old disposed characters rather than coming up with something creative. Zero, Geno and Wisp are all great examples of PSA characters done right, and I'd much prefer new innovative characters to pichu >.<
If you played Pichu, you would notice its now much more different thant Pikachu not to mention more powerful to be equal to the rest of the cast. Seriously Pichu now has so much different mechanics, the only thing ressembling Pika is aesthetics.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I may not dislike it if I get used to it, but it's certainly been annoying so far, as it has robbed me of quite a few kills.
I commend you not, fail....

Zee-V70

Smash Rookie
Question: Is it currently possible to change the "Profile Text" for characters? For example, how the damage meters in a brawl also have that character's picture and their name (PIKACHU, DONKEY KONG, etc.). As in, could we change it to Pichu, or is it out of our reach as of now?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Question: Is it currently possible to change the "Profile Text" for characters? For example, how the damage meters in a brawl also have that character's picture and their name (PIKACHU, DONKEY KONG, etc.). As in, could we change it to Pichu, or is it out of our reach as of now?
I know the little picture can be changed, but I dunno about the text

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I think I overnerfed the usmash, at least everything below 100%. 0%-25% does like 3 damage. x_x Wasn't thinking clearly last night, with how frustrated I was.
I really disagree with adding discharge to any more moves. I like being able to combo with the non-electric moves, and taking that away, coupled with the removal of the option to use moves that don't self harm, is certainly not beneficial. Fsmash would be great and SideB might be alright- it's already fairly strong. Throws wouldn't be a problem, I guess. 13% self harm on backthrow is still way too much.
Just because you add discharge doesn't mean the move has to cause self-damage too.
And yeah, the bthrow needs a major self-damage drop.

One thing I've noticed that may not have been intended: Usmash has a hit box that causes spiking- I don't know where the spot is, exactly, but I hit it nearly 40% of the times I use the move and it completely ruins the kill by slamming my opponent into the ground. It doesn't bounce them into the air, like a normal spike, but I've tried edgeguarding with it, and it certainly is spiking them.
If it slams them into the ground, then follow up with a dsmash.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Yes, OniKage did this a while back for Pichu, Roy and Mewtwo.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olwxMYzAT_s

I win.

I also nailed this together while the video was uploading:
...... I haven't laughed this hard in a VERY long time XDDDD

Well, being a Pokemon fanboy, this is just how I wanted it to be. SO THERE :V
Plus I think Pichu is plenty original with its emoness and whatnot :3

I know the little picture can be changed, but I dunno about the text
I know it can, but I'm not exactly what you'd call 'texture savvy' :p

Just hyphen usmash again if it hits xD.

I think I overnerfed the usmash, at least everything below 100%. 0%-25% does like 3 damage. x_x Wasn't thinking clearly last night, with how frustrated I was.
Ooops D:

Just because you add discharge doesn't mean the move has to cause self-damage too.
It actually kinda does D:
Pichu can't control the electricity coming through its body very well, and if it can make a move stronger it's definitely going to have some recoil.

If it slams them into the ground, then follow up with a dsmash.
That works too :p

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
EDIT: Whoops, double post. Tried to change the other post before posting it x_x This site REALLY needs a delete post option.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
I suppose some people feel as though he deserves a place. Each to their own I suppose.

*Dreams about implementing Amaterasu brush stroke motion control attacks*

Top Bottom